Newcastle May Turn Their Attention To Lorient Striker

There is news this morning in the Mirror that Newcastle have 22 year-old Lorient striker Vincent Aboubakar on their target list this summer, and may make a move for the 22 year-old Cameroon International.

Vincent Aboubakar

Vincent Aboubakar – 22 year-old Lorient and Cameroon International striker

Aboubakar was part of the 23 man Cameroon squad for last summer’s World Cup in Brazil,  and he started in the 4-0 defeat against Croatia and also in the 4-1 defeat by Brazil.

And he also made the Cameroon squad for the 2010 World Cup in South Africa when he was only 18, and at the time he was the only Cameroon based player in the squad..

Aboubakar began his career with Coton Sport Garoua , a Cameroonian club based in Garoua, and they play at the Stade Omnisport de Garoua, in the Confederation of African Football (CAF) League in Cameroon.

Aboubakar signed with Valenciennes FC in France in the summer of 2010, and in 81 games for them over three seasons he scored 15 goals with 9 assists, before moving on to French club Lorient last summer.

Last season he played well for Lorient and scored 15 goals and had 8 assists in 36 appearances, and at only 22 he still has time to improve.

Aboubakar seems a decent enough striker and has played 24 times for Cameroon with 2 goals, and he stands just over 6 ft tall, but we don’t know how high on the list he is at Newcastle.

We would have thought that Newcastle would make another attempt to sign French International striker Loic Remy, after the striker failed his medical at Liverpool this week.

What do you think?

Below are our three social media sites:

• Markaccus

Jul 29, 2014 at 8:56 AM

Jesper

thats fair enough. Certainly Pardew is no LVG!!
    Thats definitely a point we can agree on, whatever our differing views on the “other” debate 😀

• jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew

Jul 29, 2014 at 8:56 AM

I think not with all due respect Ed!

• Bambams

Jul 29, 2014 at 8:57 AM

Well I was hoping for someone a bit more proven……

Maybe thats the lot. Until January.

Still hopeful. …

• Markaccus

Jul 29, 2014 at 9:00 AM

His lad looks powerful, and obviously found his scoring boots last season. It would be another gamble, and i have questioned the commitment of African players already this window, maybe harshley, but not entirely unfairly imo, due to what happened at the world cup.

I think i would prefer to take this gamble, rather than on players who dont really want to be here.

• Bambams

Jul 29, 2014 at 9:01 AM

I noticed a couple of tweets earlier about another loan for Remy. Think it was QPR fans that tweeted it.
    Cant see any advantage to them other than saving his wages. Surely they would be better off playing him and hoping he scores enough to keep them up.
    Thats Twitter for you though.

Still have a strange feeling we may get PEA.

• Pizzicato The Arizona Geordie

Jul 29, 2014 at 9:02 AM

This should be a clear speculation after Lorient have signed Jordan Ayew.

• jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew

Jul 29, 2014 at 9:07 AM

Mark…me too! and next year is Africa Cup of Nations.

• jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew

Jul 29, 2014 at 9:10 AM

Mark…I like having a debate with you – it’s productive I think 😀

• jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew

Jul 29, 2014 at 9:13 AM

About Ryan Taylor, I don’t see him lasting. He has twice ruptured his cruciate ligament in his right knee – too maybe games to play in PL and it’s a tough league.

Would like to see us move him on and make room for younger and better players. I hear he’s a fine lad though.

• Markaccus

Jul 29, 2014 at 9:13 AM

Jesper

Thats because we have found common ground on some things, and can agree to differ on others. Life is boring if everyone agrees all the time 😀

• MiddxNUFC

Jul 29, 2014 at 9:17 AM

Might be alright, wouldn’t complain if we got the lad but would prefer someone proven in the prem at this point

• jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew

Jul 29, 2014 at 9:18 AM

How crappy does that look?

Imagine if this is us next year – playing in a Sondico shirt with SD on the front 🙁

• Markaccus

Jul 29, 2014 at 9:21 AM

Middx

Thing is we will probably struggle to find a proven prem striker now. Not for the kind of money we want to spend anyway.

• MiddxNUFC

Jul 29, 2014 at 9:21 AM

@jesper
    Don’t know whats worse to be honest, that or our bright blue badge of personal debt! 😉

Wonga strike me as slightly more evil…

• jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew

Jul 29, 2014 at 9:24 AM

Mark…I’ll tell you – even though some might think otherwise – but some of those I like to talk to most on here are people I disagree with on hot topics.

A difference of opinions are not a problem for me at all – it’s a learning curve and I growth. What I don’t like is blog alpha’s with a bad attitude (some don’t see them even though they are right in front of them)

…plus I just clash with them 😀 lol

• GeordieDan

Jul 29, 2014 at 10:16 AM

Absolute non-starter Ed

Completely unproven, poor record in a relatively poor league and he’d be away for the ACoNin January along with Cisse and Tiote.

Pointless transfer so no chance at all for me.

• banjax

Jul 29, 2014 at 10:19 AM

Sorry Ed this guy doesn’t cut it for me and says more about lack of ambition. Move on !