Second Newcastle Bid For Striker Turned Down


Newcastle target and Lyon striker Alexandre Lacazette is close to signing a new deal to stay at Lyon, and France Football has reported that Newcastle’s bid for the striker has been turned down, and it’s the second Newcastle bid that has been rejected by Lyon President Jean-Michel Aulas

alexandre lacazette

Alexandre Lacazette – second Newcastle bid rejected

And according to the report, the player is not particularly keen to play in the Premier League, as recent reports in England have sis – and also that he was keen to join Newcastle.

But France Football is reiterating that if Alexandre  did leave Lyon it would only be a for a club that played in the Champions League, and only for a high transfer fee.

Lyon have been trying to negotiate a new deal for their 23 year-old striker for a few weeks now, and he is said to be close to putting pen to paper at Lyon and stay in France.

That’s even though Newcastle told Lyon they were prepared to pay between £10M and £12M for the striker.

This could signal the end of Newcastle’s pursuit of Lacazette, and Newcastle would need to turn to other targets.

Comments welcome.

Below are our three social media sites:



You can share this articleShare on FacebookShare on Google+Tweet about this on TwitterEmail this to someonePin on PinterestDigg thisShare on LinkedInShare on RedditShare on Tumblr

10 comments so far

  • deeps

    Jul 30, 2014 at 9:51 PM

    Comment #1

    Sunderland Unathletic football club lost 😀

    0
  • nufcalex

    Jul 30, 2014 at 9:54 PM

    Comment #2

    Why Newcastle mess around with mediocre fee’s is beyond me, should have gone in with a large take it or leave it offer and move on. Swansea have the right idea and we rake in more money than them.

    0
  • Graeme

    Jul 30, 2014 at 9:54 PM

    Comment #3

    Time to move on or be radical – like pay a lot nearer the asking price!! Yep, rash I know lol

    0
  • Blubber tits

    Jul 30, 2014 at 9:57 PM

    Comment #4

    Vastly overrated anyway. Wouldn’t pay more than £10m and that still would be extortionate.

    0
  • beermonkey

    Jul 30, 2014 at 10:01 PM

    Comment #5

    we didn’t seem to muck about with the fee for sdj its seems only with the French clubs does this haggling happen or is that the French clubs leak the info out to try and drive up the price

    0
  • Thump

    Jul 30, 2014 at 10:01 PM

    Comment #6

    Sick of hearing about him already. Would be delighted to get another striker, but honestly, we aren’t getting him so let’s just move on.

    0
  • Sazzer

    Jul 30, 2014 at 10:02 PM

    Comment #7

    Chelsea made a around 10-17 m £ profit on Lukaku despite him never scoring a goal for Chelsea in the 10 games he played.

    0
  • Ancientcoptic

    Jul 30, 2014 at 10:03 PM

    Comment #8

    I don’t think our club would be bidding for the player, if he had signaled in no uncertain terms he would not play for us.

    He is currently on 18.5k a week at the moment… if no other clubs come in for him, we should be in a strong position to sign him. Lacazette would be trebling his wages… his agent will no doubt be nudging him in the transfer direction.

    0
  • JrReps

    Jul 30, 2014 at 10:24 PM

    Comment #9

    What happened to Victor Ibarbo?

    0
  • musomag

    Jul 30, 2014 at 11:10 PM

    Comment #10

    This is just Gomis all over again…boring

    0

You must log in to post a comment.