The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Ben Arfa’s Agent Blasts Pardew

3:39 pm, Thursday, July 31st, 2014 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 259 Comments

Given Ben Arfa’s current situation,  where there seems to be a feud going on between the player and the Newcastle manager Alan Pardew, we would half expect Ben Arfa to try to see the last year out of his five year contract on Tyneside and become a free agent next summer.

ben arfa trapping ball

Ben Arfa – his agent is furious with Pardew

We had hoped earlier in the summer that Alan Pardew and Hatem Ben Arfa would let bygones be bygones – but the opposite happened and Pardew fined Ben Arfa for being overweight, when he returned from his summer break.

But his agent Michel Ouazine has told So Foot.com that he went on vacation with a personal trainer – and it seems Ouazine is not at all happy with the way the Newcastle manager has treated his client:

“We don’t know what the problem is. Pardew in the past has said Hatem was extraordinary.” “Hatem has done everything for Newcastle, every effort has been made ??to discuss the problem.

¨We are in a situation where there doesn’t seem to be a solution.” “He is simply doing his job: he trains well, he enjoys training with the reserves where he has a great coach in Peter Beardsley.”

“The fine for being overweight was unfair and humiliating. We will challenge the fine. We asked Newcastle to give us the player’s physical records.” “Hatem went on vacation with a personal trainer.”

¨He has worked to prepare for this season. That 1.5 kg? Yes, it is a pound of muscle and 500 grams of fat.” “He lost 2% body fat. We therefore challenge the fine.”

“Hatem doesn’t have to leave.” “He can go on a free after his contract is over – six months, or a year, this is not a problem. Who knows how long Pardew will be at Newcastle.”

“In two months, he may not be here. Hatem loves this club, he is idolised by fans.” “Hatem remains professional and is working hard. He prefers a return to Lyon, but it is not economically feasible.”

”Lyon is his first club, so there is a level of attachment. He loves Bernard Lacombe. However, for me, it is very difficult financially – Newcastle want a lot of money for Hatem.”

Ouazine is right to see that Ben Arfa’s career could be quickly rekindled at Newcastle,  if Pardew is fired – but bringing that possibility up will hardly make this current situation any better.

But it’s hard to know what to think about the situation that now exists between Pardew and Ben Arfa.

That’s because we don’t know exactly what has happened – just what’s been reported in the papers – but we’ve got to think that Ben Arfa, with all his skill and creativity when he’s at his best, can still do a job for Newcastle.

That’s if he gets his head down and works hard in both training and during the games.

But it seems it’s a feud going on with the manager – and that’s not good for the manager, the player or Newcastle United.

What do you think?

Below are our three social media sites:

Tags: Contracts · Hatem Ben Arfa · Newcastle News · Transfer News and Rumours

259 responses so far ↓

• 1 Markaccus // Jul 31, 2014 at 3:44 PM

Jesper

what the fcuk has racism got to do with this. Do you think i support racism?

And if one bully is too many in football, then, by your own definition of bullying (pardew v hba) then most other managers should be thrown out along with him. If you are going to take a moral stand against what you see as bullying, then i salute you! But you have to apply your stand to ALL bullies. When will you be contacting the LMA with your hit-list??

• 2 Slank // Jul 31, 2014 at 3:47 PM

To lighten the mood, I think the club is making a bid for Remy.

I feel it in my bones.

• 3 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Jul 31, 2014 at 3:47 PM

Mark…you have a very strange legal system. I don’t want to continue this discussion on those terms because that is absolute absurd mate.

• 4 Ibizatoon // Jul 31, 2014 at 3:47 PM

Ed…Come on, give us a topic that the bloggers want :)

Oh right…Benny…spot on sir!

This topic is a nightmare. Of course the club will say one thing and Benny / his agent will say this.

Anyone care to collate the actual facts?

• 5 Markaccus // Jul 31, 2014 at 3:48 PM

Slank

If nufc are doing transfer business in your bones, no wonder we find it hard to sign players?

• 6 Ethiotoon // Jul 31, 2014 at 3:49 PM

Nothing going on btn pards & hatem.it’s media speculation. if he stays we welcome him,if he goes,good luck to him..

• 7 Markaccus // Jul 31, 2014 at 3:50 PM

Jesper

put it another way….

would you employ an accountant who had done time for fraud?

• 8 Ibizatoon // Jul 31, 2014 at 3:51 PM

Slank…To lighten the mood, you want to start a discussion on Remy? The same Remy this blog seems to be on a 50/50 split vote as to whether we should sign?

Ha, good shout mate!

I have one to lighten the mood too…where on earth did the AC money go?

• 9 swemag // Jul 31, 2014 at 3:51 PM

I dreamt last night that we signed Grenier and that we opened the season winning 3-0 with 2 goals by Perez. Actually both penalties.
    Can’t remember who scored the third but it was not Man City we were playing.

Woke up with a big smile.

• 10 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Jul 31, 2014 at 3:51 PM

Mark…i don’t think you support racism – never said that. But you argue there is nothing wrong with a bully referring to other managers you think are no different than the coach in question

That that argumentation extend to racism in football – a problem likewise and something that shouldn’t be tolerated even though some managers / players show that trait.

• 11 Pottsclock // Jul 31, 2014 at 3:52 PM

Really disappointed to hear that Dier might be on his way to Spurs. I was getting hopeful…..

• 12 Markaccus // Jul 31, 2014 at 3:52 PM

Ibiza

I’ve got one….

Why did we sell Cabaye?

• 13 Ibizatoon // Jul 31, 2014 at 3:52 PM

Markaccus & Jesper…Shouldn’t we just drop the legal element to this debate? As far as I’m aware, this is not a legal issue.

Someone call the fat police and let’s not forget the incompetent manager police too.

• 14 Slank // Jul 31, 2014 at 3:53 PM

Utter tripe from his agent is suspiciously sounding like I’m not going to get any commission if Newcastle want this amount as I know my client is carrying a lot of baggage and there are no barge poles long enough for any club to clutch.

• 15 Rainrix // Jul 31, 2014 at 3:54 PM

It must annoy pardew to no end the constant questions about HBA in press conferences plus the continual chanting of “Hatem Ben Arfa” from the fans (Anything that annoys pards is a bonus in my book :) ). Considering all he probably wants to do is just completely forget about the bloke. Out of sight, out of mind and all that.

• 16 Jeff from Benwell // Jul 31, 2014 at 3:56 PM

Jesper
    Never spoken to you direct before
    I used to think you deserved a bit of sympathy because you were communicating in a foreign tongue.
    I now see I was wrong – you are just another “know nowt thick head”
    I see why you come on this blog – you are in good company.
    Lord preserve us from adopted Geordies

• 17 Slank // Jul 31, 2014 at 3:56 PM

Ibizatoon

I’m only trying to help !

But I do think something is going on vis-a-vis a forward.

• 18 Our Toon // Jul 31, 2014 at 3:57 PM

The PR campaign has worked with some and that seems quite obvious, if this “trouble maker” is what some portray him as then can someone please tell me why he is happy training with the reserves and not jumping on a plane trying to force a move?

I would have thought HBA the apparent trouble maker would want to jump ship especially if none of the senior players like him

• 19 Ibizatoon // Jul 31, 2014 at 3:57 PM

Markaccus…That one is too easy. Answer = £££. Well, the player wanted to go too, but mostly it was about £££.

Jesper…I think his point is more that isn’t it simply a convenient argument to use when discussing Pardew, but what about the rest of the managers in the league who do similar things?

How is it you think that Pardew has bullied Benny out of interest? Sure he’s hung him out to dry, Pardew may argue Benny has hung Pardew out to dry too, but I’m not sure that constitutes bullying.

Potts…It does seem odd. From what I’ve heard, he’s supposed to be a top prospect. I thought we were interested in a push in youth. If Ashley wants the big bucks, surely he has to throw a bit at it. Shame.

• 20 Markaccus // Jul 31, 2014 at 3:58 PM

Jesper

Therin lies my dispute with you…. you are all too willing to apply these labels to Pardew, because you want rid of him. Thats fine in itself. Thats your opinion. But you are willing to turn a blind eye when it comes to other managers who are guilty, BY YOUR OWN STANDARDS NO LESS, of the same crimes as Pardew!

At no point am I saying Bullying is right! I hate it in any form. All i am saying is this….. Is pardew truely a bully? If the answer is yes, then football has a massive problem with bullying in almost every big club arround the world!

• 21 Transfer Sage // Jul 31, 2014 at 3:58 PM

Past ‘offences’ are always taken into account, look at Fifa with suarez, he got more for each successive bite, it’s how it works around the world.

Ben Arfa has shown in the past he has an attitude problem and Pardew has shown to be a stubborn fool, as far as I can see I’m surprised they got along this long together.

• 22 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Jul 31, 2014 at 3:58 PM

Ibiza…I think you know this is not really about the legal system. Minds are just made up here and there seems yo be no turning back…it is just going a bit too far for my liking right now.

• 23 Jeff from Benwell // Jul 31, 2014 at 3:59 PM

This is the same Michel Ouazine who was seen having a bout of fisticuffs with HBA’s dad Kemal outside his office about 6 years back

• 24 Mister Tuff // Jul 31, 2014 at 3:59 PM

If some of you lads try to have some regard to what happened at Man U this week with Shaw.
    No behind the scenes briefings/character assassinations/sneaky practices/an insider reports blah blah blah.
    The manager has come out in public said Shaw in not up to full fitness -open press conferences no behind the scenes briefings/mishchief making. Then Shaw cames out in the open- press conference -accepts he is not at full fitness and will be working towards it.
    Whilst I do think a players fitness etc should be kept in the dressing room – the way Manu U dealt with the situation -much more professional.
    I remind readers Percy said Benny was not playing -last season – because he was injured – Benny then came out in public and said he wasn’t.. Unless you still believe in the Sugar Plum Fairy -I know which version I believe – Bennys’.

Percy ……………………………………………OOT
    Benny…………………………………………….IN
    Mr Tubbs violence………………………….OOT
    Business thugs………………………………..OOT
    Sugar Plum Fair believers………………..OOT

• 25 Transfer Sage // Jul 31, 2014 at 4:00 PM

our toon

Not saying ben arfa is causing trouble, but if he refused to train he could be fined his weekly wage, miss out on bonuses etc, so he might just be toughing it out til he gets his move.

Or like you say he may be trying to force his way into the managers plans by working hard.

• 26 BeeGuy // Jul 31, 2014 at 4:00 PM

Heck, takee him to Germany & play him in both games. He will be in the showcase and we will find out just how “fit” he is after 180 minutes. If nothing else, that will save one of the squad from getting overworked.

His agent does not want to be fired, and knows HB-A’s nect contract will be for far less than he gets now. So the agent wants him at NUFC until the well runs dry.

Actually, if HB-A were surrounded by the new roster, he might be quite good.

• 27 Slank // Jul 31, 2014 at 4:00 PM

Our Toon

‘Jumping on a flight’

Because he will violate his contract, perhaps ?

• 28 Markaccus // Jul 31, 2014 at 4:02 PM

Tuff

Even if benny has eaten too many sugar-plums :D

• 29 Mister Tuff // Jul 31, 2014 at 4:02 PM

Bullies…………………………………………….OOT
    Racists…………………………………………….OOT
    Patrons of the Howlett Hall………………OOT

• 30 g.s.tooner // Jul 31, 2014 at 4:03 PM

Potential to use HBA as an added bonus to facilitate lacazzete and or grenier deal?

If HBA is going for free anyway in 12 months we could get lyon to agree to a deal, knock a couple of million off the transfer fee and it would be an affordable way for them to replace some talent that they will undoubtably lose when grenier and lacazzete leave!

Would also free up the wage bill a bit balance the books.

Everyones laughing (y)

• 31 Ibizatoon // Jul 31, 2014 at 4:03 PM

Slank.. :) And what a help you are!

Let’s hope you’re right and there is some striker activity.

Jeff…I think Jesper was probably better off being on your “never spoken to you directly” list.

I for one, still don’t see why you come on this blog. I can only imagine it’s to make a fool out of yourself.

One of the greatest traits of the Geordies is how welcoming / easy going they are. Do tell me, what list must one check off to be considered a proper Geordie?

Do you not know how to debate / have a discussion?

• 32 Ancientcoptic // Jul 31, 2014 at 4:04 PM

Markaccus – “you are all too willing to apply these labels to Pardew, because you want rid of him.”

Certainly not for me… I could have used Pardew’s headbutt if I wanted to use ulterior reasons to get rid of him… I was one of the people that fully supported him standing up for himself in that scenario with Meyler.

I am willing to give him one more last crack of the whip this season before giving up on him for good… but when it comes to situations with Pardew falling out with players… I tend to side with the players. That is because we have all seen how 2 faced Pardew can be… what he says and what he does are two different things.

• 33 Transfer Sage // Jul 31, 2014 at 4:04 PM

As far as I can see this isn’t bullying. Pardew does not like ben arfa’s play in games (i’m guessing defensive play) and as such doesn’t want to keep him at the club. He is just trying to sell him and if that’s the plan then there is no point getting him involved with the first team if he won’t feature.

This isn’t bullying, it’s how transfers work, managers bring in and move out players to suit them and the team.

Pardew may well be wrong to remove ben arfa as he can be a devastating player….but he isn’t doing anything new or wrong in my opinion.

• 34 Markaccus // Jul 31, 2014 at 4:04 PM

Bullies of the racist hall…….OOT

• 35 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Jul 31, 2014 at 4:04 PM

Mark…yes, by all means is our coach a bully! And he should be dealt with accordingly – not by what others do and not by his past.

• 36 Mister Tuff // Jul 31, 2014 at 4:05 PM

How will Benny get the plums from the tree – aha give the tree a shake – so he’ll need a tree shaker or I suppose a tree hugger suffering from the DT’s will suffice.
    Markaccus ————–you’ve got the job!

• 37 Jeff from Benwell // Jul 31, 2014 at 4:06 PM

Anyone remember 2 1/2years ago during the Arab spring when that horrible bully Pardew gave HBA permission to travel to troubled Tunisia to visit his Grandparents what an evil man.

• 38 Slank // Jul 31, 2014 at 4:06 PM

Mister Tuff

I believe Van Gaal has gone public because he wants to stamp his authority on everyone at ManU and that includes the Glazers. Nobody will be exempt.

Rarely does a manager make public comments about things that are said and done in the dressing room and on the training pitch.

• 39 Transfer Sage // Jul 31, 2014 at 4:07 PM

jesper

depends what you count as past surely?

this whole benny thing is happening now but should we not consider pardew’s past incidents, headbutts, pushing linesmen, etc….I think we should consider that when judging the mans character.

The same way we should judge ben arfa for his behaviour in france, but not entirely, we should accept he could have changed his ways but not rule out past behaviour entirely.

• 40 Ibizatoon // Jul 31, 2014 at 4:07 PM

Jesper…Then you need to be able to continue the debate. It’s a bit unreasonable to keep saying that you think those who aren’t championing Benny have been conned by the clubs PR exercise. It’s insulting and will get a reaction.

I for one, don’t think either Benny or Pardew are worth falling out over…but that’s just me :)

• 41 Our Toon // Jul 31, 2014 at 4:09 PM

Slank & TS

How do you think he arrived here? He went on strike jumped on a plane and forced the move. He was banded a trouble maker then, he seems to be in a similar situation now and seems to be dealing with it more maturely by just getting on with training. I think the “trouble maker” is showing everyone he isn’t the actual problem and the lies keep piling up against him.

• 42 andyctoon // Jul 31, 2014 at 4:09 PM

Maybe someone has already said this as its common sense but if he wud prefere lyon then y not involve him in a swap deal that im sure newcastle wud love to do to get one of these two lyon players…

• 43 Markaccus // Jul 31, 2014 at 4:10 PM

Ancient

Thats fair enough. I actually thought meyler was very arogant in trying to walk through pardew as if he wasnt there. Pardew should still not have stuck the old Byker Teacake on him though :D

My willingness or lack thereof is irrelevant re pardew staying, as it seems he is here no matter what!

• 44 Jeff from Benwell // Jul 31, 2014 at 4:10 PM

Ibizatoon
    Always fight his battles for him?

“One of the greatest traits of the Geordies is how welcoming / easy going they are. ”
    had to laff at that one Ibiza – tell that to D.WiseJ.KinnearM.AshleyA.Paredew etc.

• 45 Slank // Jul 31, 2014 at 4:11 PM

31Ibizatoon @ 31

Please don’t start the ‘whose a Geordie’ lark as we will never hear the end of it.

BTW, did you know Sir Bobby wasn’t a Geordie.

Light blue touch paper……..

• 46 Ibizatoon // Jul 31, 2014 at 4:13 PM

Unfortunately, it seems a given in life that subordinates need to work harder to prove themselves. No?

Is it right or wrong? For me, that’s a discussion for another day. Bottom line is, that is the way of the world.

If Benny did find himself out of favour, then surely he should be doing more to turn that around? Especially if he really does love the club and fans so much and doesn’t want to leave?

Much like with Pardew, words are easy, where are the actions to back it up?

If we want to shift the subject to Pardew, I’ll give him his slating too, but this topic is surely more about Ben Arfa?

• 47 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Jul 31, 2014 at 4:14 PM

Ibiza…there was a good article posted by Belfast you should read and some good debate over the last few days…

…you don’t seem to agree on much I say on this matter – and wise versa – I don’t really want to be repeative if it’s okay?

• 48 Slank // Jul 31, 2014 at 4:15 PM

Our Toon

Yes, you are quite right. My apologies.

Perhaps there is a clause in his Newcastle contract saying he must get a travel warrant from the sergeant major first before he can travel !

• 49 Transfer Sage // Jul 31, 2014 at 4:15 PM

our toon

wouldn’t say they are lies, it’s hard to know

but maybe he realises that it’s not the best way to leave our club but was the best way to leave his last….and maybe he doesn’t want to miss out on 50k a week when he can leave in a year anyway….or knowing ashley he’ll try and cash out later in the window.

• 50 Our Toon // Jul 31, 2014 at 4:16 PM

Jeff

I never engage in calling someone on this blog names but I’m having to rein in exactly what I think of your derogatory comment made to Jesper. You now my talk of the Arab Spring…something you have absolutely no idea about, it was mainly for regime change so governments would be more tolerant to the silent majority and not at the wim of tyrants who dictate to others what they are or aren’t (bit like you calling Jesper an adopted Geordie) that was just 1 of the many factors behind the Arab Spring

• 51 Transfer Sage // Jul 31, 2014 at 4:17 PM

ibiza

I’m with you on this…the two parties don’t suit each other in personality or football style, very shocked they got on this long so well and probably better for both to move on.

Don’t think either are right or wrong, just different philosophies, i’d keep benny over pardew as i don’t rate pardew, but wouldn’t cut my hand off to keep either.

• 52 NUFCJackW // Jul 31, 2014 at 4:18 PM

AncientCoptic

I am also willing to give Pardew one last crack of the whip, only because he has shown us he can get a 5th place finish with his best players.

Our team is much stronger now then the 2011-12 season so i believe he will do ok. The only thing im worried about is how quickly our new signings are going to adapt barr Colback, and if Pardew is going to improve his game when it comes to the injuries.

• 53 deeps // Jul 31, 2014 at 4:18 PM

Southampton to bid for Javier Hernandez according to goal :/

• 54 Ethiotoon // Jul 31, 2014 at 4:18 PM

If hatem leaves,Grenier will come swemag
    Just a feeling though…

• 55 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Jul 31, 2014 at 4:20 PM

TS…I don’t think the coach should be judged on those incidents when we are discussing whether he had actually stepped out of line on this one.

Ibiza @ 40…now you are not really being fair here. You came at me yesterday for suggesting what seems to hold some truth to it. And now you are doing it a bit again. A bit uncalled for mate.

• 56 Sliema // Jul 31, 2014 at 4:20 PM

He’s not a bully. He’s many things, but he’s not a bully. There’s no evidence to support that accusation either.

Bully is a pretty harsh word imho.

Still agree he’s crap like.

• 57 Slank // Jul 31, 2014 at 4:21 PM

Nufcjackw

I’m curious.

How can Pardew improve his game when it comes to injuries other than not select a player or forbid him to train ?

• 58 Transfer Sage // Jul 31, 2014 at 4:22 PM

jesper

Fair play, that’s consistent.

I think it’s important to look at his past to know his character. Has he lied to players before, has he blamed them for his failings, has he fallen out with a player and dropped him for personal and not proffesional reasons.

With pardew he has previous of squads (southampton) falling out with him, he dropped jonas for supposedly complaining about training methods/tactics…..so we know he has done it, makes it more possible that he is doing the same with ben arfa now.

• 59 DokToon // Jul 31, 2014 at 4:22 PM

jeff,

“lord preserve us from adopted geordies?”

didnt know you had to be from there to support he club…yep, thats the so called elitest attitude i like to hear… you sir, are an assbag…

i have a few friends from that area, and none of them are like you.. thank god, (or in mark’s case, thank beer :)

• 60 Markaccus // Jul 31, 2014 at 4:22 PM

Jeff

Jesper isn’t stupid like, thats fairly harsh. I am deep into a debate with him, but he is just having his opinion.

• 61 Ibizatoon // Jul 31, 2014 at 4:24 PM

Slank…I don’t really care, I just object to people casting doubt over people who were not born in Newcastle not being proper supporters and such. It’s just rubbish.

Jeff…As usual, that response is laughable. Even if those four were born in Newcastle, opinion of them would likely still be the same today…based on their actions.

Anyway, enjoy your day.

• 62 Our Toon // Jul 31, 2014 at 4:24 PM

Slank & TS

I don’t think there are wrongs and rights in this debate, both parties are at fault and it seems as though HBA has got himself into shape, scored in a friendly game played behind closed doors, surely logic would have it that he should play some of these friendlies to showcase his talents and move him on if needs be. I’m just baffled why a team that lacked so much offensively last year is happy to let go of someone who could help us get to the the next level

• 63 NUFCJackW // Jul 31, 2014 at 4:26 PM

Slank

I ment as in not playing the same players throughout the season.

I dont want to see him playing gouffran every game or Cabella now that we have better depth.

• 64 Markaccus // Jul 31, 2014 at 4:26 PM

I just think that if you are going to set.standards for bullying, then they have to be applied to everyone or no one.

• 65 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Jul 31, 2014 at 4:26 PM

TS…it would be fair picking side based on a person’s past. One such be given the benefit of a doubt until proven guilty.

…Benny is no saint I know that – and I don’t argue that. I am just not down with what’s going on here and is s bit surprised some won’t be moved!

• 66 Slank // Jul 31, 2014 at 4:26 PM

Ibiza

Totally agree. You don’t have to be born in the area to support a club unless you support Sunderland as how else would they get their fans !

• 67 Rainrix // Jul 31, 2014 at 4:28 PM

Dok… Yes its true you have to be a Geordie to support nufc. Its on the big sign outside SJP, of course you aren’t a Geordie so you won’t have seen the sign. Its rule Number 2 right under “Shop at Sports Direct” :)

• 68 Transfer Sage // Jul 31, 2014 at 4:28 PM

our toon

I agree, surely if he is happy to stay and has worked on fitness (depends what fitness tests say mind) then it’s worth trying him in friendlies, to see if he has improved the way they want.

Maybe there is more to it and the club and player are being professional and not discussing it as it could put potential clubs off.

The club is secretive these days, difficult to know what’s going on.

• 69 Our Toon // Jul 31, 2014 at 4:28 PM

When Cabella gets injured I wonder who we will turn to….obertan?

• 70 Slank // Jul 31, 2014 at 4:28 PM

Nufcjacks

I see, yes.

I thought maybe you knew of a magic sponge you could lend Pardew to rub away the injuries.

• 71 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Jul 31, 2014 at 4:29 PM

Mark…I am not saying others shouldn’t be dealt with to the same standards.

…we are talking about the Benny / Pardew situation and Ibiza and you are dragging others into it.

• 72 Transfer Sage // Jul 31, 2014 at 4:30 PM

jesper

Like I keep saying, neither party will have told everything, they will only say whats in their best interest…it’s what seems to happen.

I’m not making him guilty on his past, that’s only a small percentage of the decision. Same with pardew, it just influences it slightly, allows you to see the persons character…then take evidence into account

• 73 Pottsclock // Jul 31, 2014 at 4:30 PM

Slank,
    I think that’s unfair. Sunderland get their fans from mental institutions all over the country, not just in the Mackem catchment area

• 74 Ibizatoon // Jul 31, 2014 at 4:30 PM

Jesper…What are you on about mate? On one hand you say you don’t want to talk about it and that we all have our opinions, which is fine. But then you say things on here, along the lines of “well clearly the clubs PR has worked on some”, which is clearly going to get a reaction. I’m not sure why that is out of line and really don’t want to fall out about it, as I also said on post 40.

• 75 Our Toon // Jul 31, 2014 at 4:31 PM

TS

There was some hearsay about HBA decking Percy after one of the games since then he hasn’t had a look in, if HBA is hanging around I think he believes in January either Pardew will be gone or he can talk to someone for a transfer for free next season either way it’s a win win for him

• 76 Slank // Jul 31, 2014 at 4:32 PM

Our Toon

I think he has blotted his copy book and the damage has been done and the team and club have moved on.

Every dog has his day and his has gone, sadly.

• 77 NUFCJackW // Jul 31, 2014 at 4:32 PM

Ibiza

I wasnt born in Newcastle, but i have been brought up with a geordie family, i.e my Dad and older brother.They both support Newcastle which is what made me support them from an early age. Obviously the love for NUFC grows and becomes a big part of your life.

• 78 Novocastrian66 // Jul 31, 2014 at 4:32 PM

HBA has been given leave of absence on several occasions and he has often returned short of fitness, he h

• 79 Ibizatoon // Jul 31, 2014 at 4:33 PM

Slank…Well, I suppose people should still have the right to support Sunderland, even if not from the area. You’d like to think someone would have them committed, but hey, each to their own.

Jesper…Easy now, I think I’ve only mentioned others in trying to clear up what I believed Markaccus’ point to be. If anything, I want this debate simplified…honest :)

• 80 Novocastrian66 // Jul 31, 2014 at 4:34 PM

I’m sick of this phone. He has had plenty chances perhaps this latest incident was the last straw.

• 81 DokToon // Jul 31, 2014 at 4:35 PM

rain…

so noted… will swear my allegience to alcohol from here on out… haha… or just not take a shower and become one of the unwashed? #pukesinmouth

how that home of yours on that certain island? :)

• 82 Ibizatoon // Jul 31, 2014 at 4:36 PM

NUFCJackW…Indeed. Supporting Newcastle is a love affair mate. For me, it was unavoidable and I wont apologise for not being born in Newcastle or ever consider myself less of a fan.

Perhaps not as good of a fan…seeing as I still haven’t made it to SJP – Queue the abuse :)

• 83 VTnufc // Jul 31, 2014 at 4:36 PM

He is the best player. Period. #freeHBA

• 84 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Jul 31, 2014 at 4:37 PM

Ibiza…we can talk later. Apparently we read each other’s posts differently. I need to think for a while.

…talk to you later mate.

• 85 Average_Contents // Jul 31, 2014 at 4:37 PM

I’ll just say it as no one else seems to want too!

Jeff you troll

If you think that mikey and his merry band of cronies he’s accosted onto this club don’t deserve all the shite directed at them then you sir have your head well and truly rammed up your shitter!

There! That’s better ;-)

Quick question for everyone!

Who would you rather have at the club?

Benny or parsnip?

Bearing in mind that one is a proven two-faced compulsive liar with an ego the size of planet earth….I know who I’d rather have here and who I tend to believe!

That is all

• 86 Average_Contents // Jul 31, 2014 at 4:43 PM

I feel like Belfast the blog killer :-D

• 87 Ibizatoon // Jul 31, 2014 at 4:43 PM

Jesper…Sounds good to me mate. Please understand I was only debating an issue. It’s okay for us to be on different sides of it, although I’m not sure we’re on completely different sides at all. Certainly didn’t mean to wind you up. Keep outta trouble :)

AC…Sorry, we all thought that was implied about Jeff without needing to say it.

I would personally rather have Benny, but that’s not really the question or debate at hand.

Benny – Has potential, doens’t fulfill it
    Pardew – Fulfills his potential, which just isn’t good enough.

The two really have little bearing on each other though, in my opinion.

• 88 Average_Contents // Jul 31, 2014 at 4:44 PM

Unless of course he who has never been is getting ready to post one of his epic stories ;-)

• 89 davis_toons // Jul 31, 2014 at 4:45 PM

5th place or not just ask Pardew to leave. He will never be good enough for us.

Yes, we deserve a manager better than Alan Pardew.

For HBA, no comments for now until we get a chance to see him playing.
    It will still be hard because he will be under a lot of pressure to play if given any chance.

• 90 Average_Contents // Jul 31, 2014 at 4:45 PM

And he does lmao ;-)

• 91 Ibizatoon // Jul 31, 2014 at 4:46 PM

AC…Bet that’s a horrible feeling :)

• 92 Ibizatoon // Jul 31, 2014 at 4:48 PM

AC…Got my post in before yours, so poke your smiley face!

• 93 Rainrix // Jul 31, 2014 at 4:48 PM

Dok…. Unfortunately the unwash have strict entrance policies as well (shocking i know). You either need A: webbed feet and hands or B: Be married to your cousin. Sorry to ruin your dreams mate :)

• 94 Rainrix // Jul 31, 2014 at 4:49 PM

Although apparently i cant spell unwashed either. Perhaps im better suited to the dark side than i thought?

• 95 Ibizatoon // Jul 31, 2014 at 4:52 PM

Ill say why I struggle to buy in to this Pardew dislikes Benny so much story.

I believe that after Bennys injury, Pardew handled him really well and it did bring the best out of him.

Now, some will argue that what changed then, was Pardews tactics. Granted, he did. He tried to accommodate both Cisse and Ba, which was a huge mistake, even if I understand why he tried it.

However…

…damn it…work calls. I guess we’ll pick this up later…you lucky so and so’s :)

• 96 Average_Contents // Jul 31, 2014 at 4:52 PM

Ibiza

I got the sudden urge to hurt myself lol

Stick your finger where Jeff the troll sticks his head :-D

• 97 bladeuser // Jul 31, 2014 at 4:58 PM

Really he wants to stay utter rubbish the only reason he wants to stay is to run down his contract and pick up a big signing on fee as he is another greedy t@@# like the rest of them and his bulkshit agent knows this

• 98 geordie157 // Jul 31, 2014 at 5:08 PM

Obviously a picture of ben arfa before he broke into ashleys stash of pies.

• 99 DokToon // Jul 31, 2014 at 5:09 PM

rain,

cue pink floyd, ” high hopes’… :)

another dream bites the dust, lol.. poor jeff, trying to get us non-geordies from being supporters.. he must bang his head against a brick wall in anger, yet the banging somehow actually INCREASES his intelligence… go figure…

• 100 Mister Tuff // Jul 31, 2014 at 5:13 PM

A couple of weeks ago that Heedbanger from the Howlett -aka Jeff from Benwell, aka dope -posted that by midnight tonight we will have signed Lewis Holtby, Joel Campbell , Wlfried Zaha. Whilst there are only a few hours left in the day I think it it quite clear that his predictions are useless – mirror his posts really. So it is quite clear his knowledge about transfers is poor as is his knowledge football in general and the Toon.
    He really needs to change his game -could I suggest netball or ladies wrestling.

• 101 Mister Tuff // Jul 31, 2014 at 5:16 PM

Netball players………………………………..OOT
    Ladies wrestling fans (Jeff)……………..OOT
    Other dopes and thicko’s (also Jeff)…OOT

• 102 Our Toon // Jul 31, 2014 at 5:18 PM

Bladeuser

He will get a signing on fee if he signs a new contract and if he moves so your argument is that what exactly because either way he gets the signing on fee mate

• 103 Ketsbaia9 // Jul 31, 2014 at 5:22 PM

Anyone know how much on average it is for a pint in Oslo?

• 104 DokToon // Jul 31, 2014 at 5:29 PM

Mr Tuff……….INNNNNN lol

• 105 Big Pappa Cissé // Jul 31, 2014 at 5:32 PM

Whatever you say about HBA, I think he is worth keeping so we can play 4-3-3 as well as 4-2-3-1 :

—————————-Krul——————————

–Janmaat——–Collo——–M’biwa——–Haidara–

————-Tiote———————–Colback———–

—Sissoko————–De Jong—————Cabella—

—————————-Remy—————————-

or

—————————-Krul——————————

–Janmaat——–Collo——–M’biwa——–Haidara–

—Sissoko————–De Jong—————–Tiote—-

—–HBA—————-Remy—————–Cabella—

• 106 Sazzer // Jul 31, 2014 at 5:35 PM

GRENIER Clément @clemgrenier
    Tous derrière @OL pour que ce premier match de compétition signe le début d’une longue et belle saison
    #TeamOL #Start #EuropaLeague

• 107 Sazzer // Jul 31, 2014 at 5:37 PM

• 108 DokToon // Jul 31, 2014 at 5:37 PM

sazzer,

sorry i dont speak snail… translation please?

• 109 Sliema // Jul 31, 2014 at 5:45 PM

Sazzer

I too require a translation.

• 110 Pottsclock // Jul 31, 2014 at 5:45 PM

Dok,
    Grenier is just wishing Lyon (@OL) a long and successful season and saying that everyone is behind them.

I suppose the implication being that he expects to be elsewhere…

• 111 Blubber tits // Jul 31, 2014 at 5:48 PM

About £9, Kets.

• 112 Blackley and Brownlie // Jul 31, 2014 at 5:49 PM

I get the feeling that most people sympathise with Pardew rather than Benny. Not me. Pardew is shit and doesn’t know his foot from his shin.

• 113 Big Pappa Cissé // Jul 31, 2014 at 5:52 PM

We would be mad not to go for Grenier, especially for under £10 million . The lad has the ability to be better than Cabaye in a few years and could be one of the worlds best .

—————————Krul——————————

–Janmaat——–Collo——-M’biwa——–Haidara–

—————————Tiote—————————–

——-Sissoko—————————-Grenier———

————————–De Jong—————————

——–Remy——————————Cabella———

Only two players away from that and it could be Champions league material .

• 114 DokToon // Jul 31, 2014 at 5:52 PM

• 115 Ketsbaia9 // Jul 31, 2014 at 5:57 PM

Anita should be starting ahead of Tiote. Anita can create more and keeps the ball better.

• 116 Our Toon // Jul 31, 2014 at 5:57 PM

B&B

I agree with you mate

• 117 Our Toon // Jul 31, 2014 at 5:59 PM

Kets

Whose going to win the ball back then without Tiote?

• 118 Jeff from Benwell // Jul 31, 2014 at 5:59 PM

Pardew is nowhere near the best manager around but equally he is not shit .

• 119 Sliema // Jul 31, 2014 at 6:02 PM

Kets

Could not disagree more with you.

Anita has absolutely zero physicality. I don’t care what anyone says, you can’t play CDM if you’re entire body is a tiny flacid attempt at being Makelele.

Opposing team tactic: “okay lads, let’s chip the ball in the air, somewhere near Anita. Awesome, 4-0 win, well done lads!

He might be able to play with Tiote, but never ahead of him.

• 120 south coast toon // Jul 31, 2014 at 6:03 PM

what i dont understand is a big club like everton can foek out 28 mil and get lucakoo
    and we cant get a striker because without a striker we will be stuffed, its getting frustrating go on ashley 20 mil pea go on, go on, go on, just finish the job get in a proven goalscorer then if things arent any better pardew will have no wxcuses and nowere to hide,

• 121 Jail for Ashley // Jul 31, 2014 at 6:05 PM

Blackley,
    A few good signings and people are seemingly about to give the silver/brown tongued lothario another crack of the whip, but his utterings of the young uns looking good and how good we a looking as a unit, as Mikey again leaves him short will come back to bite him on the arse if results don’t go his way, fans may well give him another chance but unlike the season before last when everyone knew he was dealt a poor hand, now his complicity is out in the open and all that hatred is simmering under the surface, that dug out will be a very uncomfortable place to be if results have been poor and a team comes here and gives us a hiding.

• 122 Mister Tuff // Jul 31, 2014 at 6:05 PM

Grenier is explaining the reasons why he has not been seen around -training etc with the other players – gist is that he is building up his muscles indoors -following a programme by the medics at the club.He is following a recovery programme -which is supervised -and takes place indoors -hence he has not been seen recently. Noot aboot the Toon.

• 123 Pottsclock // Jul 31, 2014 at 6:06 PM

SCT,
    Was about to say the same myself. Just get us a top playing squad and then any debate about Pardew is much clearer

• 124 Jeff from Benwell // Jul 31, 2014 at 6:07 PM

Everton earmarked the Fellaini money for Lukaku months ago

• 125 Jail for Ashley // Jul 31, 2014 at 6:08 PM

Jeff,
    His football is sh!t though and his bare faced lies are intolerable !

• 126 anthc // Jul 31, 2014 at 6:09 PM

I can see colback doing tiotes job. I like tiote but I think he makes some avoidable silly mistakes like when he keeps doing that change of direction with the outside of his foot near our 18yd box. I just want to shake him sometimes!
    That aside I think it will be difficult to play both tiote and colback in the same team although possible on away games but tiote will have to be on his toes!

• 127 Blubber tits // Jul 31, 2014 at 6:10 PM

Silema

Anita would fcuk you up.

• 128 Our Toon // Jul 31, 2014 at 6:10 PM

Jeff

Didn’t they buy Kone and McGeady and Mccarthy with the Fellaini money?

• 129 Blubber tits // Jul 31, 2014 at 6:11 PM

The best sub performance I’ve seen in the last 10 years from a Newcastle player, was Anita’s introduction against Chelsea. Completely altered the course of the game, single-handedly.

• 130 Ketsbaia9 // Jul 31, 2014 at 6:12 PM

First team when everyone is fit:

Krul

Bigirimana
    Dummett
    Obertan

Sell:

Colback – £5m
    Saylor – £3m

Players needed in the positions:

CB X2 (Alderweireld + Denswil/Zouma on loan)
    1 Winger – Konoplyanka
    1 Playmaker – Grenier
    1 Striker – Remy/Benteke

Grenier is needed. We have sold one of our best players in Marveaux, so we desperately need a playmaker. De Jong isn’t a playmaker. He’s more of a second striker whom can strike the ball well. We’re missing a Marveaux type player.

I am expecting Abeid to break into the team this season.

• 131 Slank // Jul 31, 2014 at 6:12 PM

Kets

I think you will find that Anita will play as a centre forward alongside Adam Campbell with Cabella and Sissoko firing in the crosses.

As our two brave lads only reach the height of the defenders crotch which should completely unnerve them that they will inadvertently handle the ball in their attempt to protect their family jewels that we should get lots of penalties.

• 132 Jeff from Benwell // Jul 31, 2014 at 6:13 PM

The money for Wigan players was promised to Martinez when he signed
    Fellaini was subsequent to that

• 133 Ketsbaia9 // Jul 31, 2014 at 6:14 PM

Players don’t need to be aggressive in the tackle. Anita’s fast and can dink the ball of other players. He’s a quality player. We’re still well short.

• 134 Our Toon // Jul 31, 2014 at 6:15 PM

Colback is average at best and will be proven to be so this season, if he was as good as what most seem to think based on few meaningless friendlies then why was it between us and west ham for such a good player especially when he’s on a free. The hype around the lad is seriously disproportionate to his actual ability

I don’t understand why fans think Percy will fair better this season correct me if I’m wrong here but hasn’t he said every season that he has a good enough squad? So he has had the right tools every season as he says he has!!

• 135 Big Pappa Cissé // Jul 31, 2014 at 6:15 PM

Colback is similar to Tiote, but he gets in and around the box more often and has a goal or two in him .

• 136 Markaccus // Jul 31, 2014 at 6:16 PM

Tiote second string? Yep, ketsy has had too much rice wine.

• 137 ERER // Jul 31, 2014 at 6:17 PM

It seems to me Pardew wanted to instill some discipline into HBA, heck even Mr.Confidence (Obertan) busts his ass to help defensively when he used to play before we converted Sissoko from a CDM -> CAM-> CM into a RM.

Hatem will one day wake up and find his football career is over and will most likely have a lot of regrets over not trying hard enough.

At the time he was a wonderbuy for the club but I think after that double leg break he has never seemed the same with only glimpses of his full ability that comes in 20 second bursts.

Shame really, who knows in 10 years he comes back as a coach ? (with Shola as the manager XD)

• 138 Blubber tits // Jul 31, 2014 at 6:17 PM

Much rather Anita than Tiote, who seems to have insecurity issues and likes to go around the pitch trying to prove he’s stronger than everyone on some machismo mission, often ending up in a tangle he comes worst off in, instead of concentrating on playing the ball.

• 139 Markaccus // Jul 31, 2014 at 6:18 PM

And why the fcuk would we sell colback when we just signed him?!?!?!?!

Honestly, ketsbaia, i am sure you are just trolling.

• 140 Pottsclock // Jul 31, 2014 at 6:18 PM

Will be interesting to see how Everton manage with Europe. They clearly have some very good players, a better manager than us – but don’t have great depth.
    It’s amazing that our old boy Distin is still going for them – 37 this year – but they are a couple of injuries away from being seriously over committed,

• 141 Our Toon // Jul 31, 2014 at 6:18 PM

Kets

Anita is decent but only in a 3 man centre midfield formation, he doesn’t have the physicality and compared to Tiote he doesn’t have the defensive nous mate. Tiote is one of the DM in the league, Anita is good at ball retention and passing. Tiote wins my vote every time

• 142 Blubber tits // Jul 31, 2014 at 6:22 PM

Tiote was good for 6 months, picking his battles and coming off best most of the time, keeping it simple and screening the defence, then started to believe the hype and took the tongue-in-cheek mythologising of his strength and warrior like abilities too seriously, then came the horrendous ironic “shooooooot!” thing, which went straight to his head again.

• 143 bladeuser // Jul 31, 2014 at 6:25 PM

Ourtoon
    the signing on fee would b significantly higher from the buying club we are just extending his contract for maybe a higher wage we already have him so he would not get a signing on fee as such

• 144 Sazzer // Jul 31, 2014 at 6:27 PM

My take is that he will not leave. One tweet explaining why he’s not with the rest of the group to calm Lyon fans down and the second one is about Lyons first game being the start of long and successful season.

• 145 scout // Jul 31, 2014 at 6:27 PM

Colback average at best??? Lol

stick to sewing little badges on dollies coz you clearly watch games through a mop bucket ffs

• 146 Ketsbaia9 // Jul 31, 2014 at 6:28 PM

Rangers did that to Boumsong. Mike Ashley would like to make a profit on him. West Ham were more interested than us, so we need to get rid. Don’t rate him. Can’t be any good if he’s never appeared for England.

It’ll be suicidal if we sell Ben Arfa and don’t replace Marveaux.

Defensive midfield is our strongest position at the moment. We have 4 players who play there. One needs to go and that has to be Colback.

• 147 Our Toon // Jul 31, 2014 at 6:29 PM

Bladeuser

He gets a signing on fee for signing a new contract as his agent gets a fee. It doesn’t matter that he signing a new contract the fee is paid irrelevant of circumstances.

• 148 Sazzer // Jul 31, 2014 at 6:29 PM

Soccer Sauce @soccer_sauce
    Just in:We understand Newcastle are set to hold further talks with #QPR and Loic Remy (and agent) tomorrow in London #NUFC

• 149 beermonkey // Jul 31, 2014 at 6:30 PM

Soccer Sauce @soccer_sauce · 8m

• 150 Markaccus // Jul 31, 2014 at 6:30 PM

Seeing stuff on twatscape aboit us holding remy talks in london tomorrow. Also that the shef u manager asked if sameobi was available when we were there last night.

• 151 Ketsbaia9 // Jul 31, 2014 at 6:31 PM

Tiote makes too many mistakes and gives the ball away a lot. We should have sold him to Man Utd or Chelsea 2 years ago for £30m.

• 152 Markaccus // Jul 31, 2014 at 6:31 PM

Sazzer and beermonkey

exactly what i was reading :D

• 153 Markaccus // Jul 31, 2014 at 6:32 PM

Ketsbaia

tiote gives the ball away alot???

Yet your favorite player was marveaux, who was essentially a calamity. Cost us more goals than he ever made for us.

• 154 Sazzer // Jul 31, 2014 at 6:32 PM

But I like Pottslock implication of him going to be elsewhere if that is something different than the treatment room.

• 155 Sazzer // Jul 31, 2014 at 6:34 PM

Soccer Sauce ?@soccer_sauce
    Sheff Wed boss Stuart Gray held brief talks with Alan Pardew after last nights friendly regarding availability of Sammy Ameobi #SWFC #NUFC

• 156 beermonkey // Jul 31, 2014 at 6:35 PM

markaccus

wouldn’t do Sammy any harm to go onloan we could use Aarons as his sub

• 157 Our Toon // Jul 31, 2014 at 6:36 PM

Scout

I know he’s a favourite of yours but he is average. Runs a lot, keeps things simple, sideways passer like joe Allen. I’m basing this over what I’ve seen from him in seasons gone by not on friendlies against Sydney etc

• 158 Markaccus // Jul 31, 2014 at 6:36 PM

Ketsbaia

can you get these facts through you apparently slow brain….

we just signed colback, he wont be sold.
    Tiote is our strongest and despite his firey nature, best CDM by a mile.
    Marveaux was NEVER GOOD ENOUGH.
    HBA will never play for the toon again.

now you are of course entitled to your opinion of the above, but you will never change those facts.

• 159 Ketsbaia9 // Jul 31, 2014 at 6:36 PM

Get rid of Sammi to Sheff Wed and see how he does. If he struggles, then get rid. Loan out Vuckic to Forest.

I’d be satisfied if we signed Loic Remy for £8.5m. We’d still need 4 new players, but I’d accept 3 with just the 1 CB coming in. We can keep Saylor and release Williamson.

• 160 Sazzer // Jul 31, 2014 at 6:37 PM

Just in case somebody missed beermonkey at 149.

• 161 outsidethebox // Jul 31, 2014 at 6:38 PM

one out one in….hoping signings by other teams release possibles for toon dier to spurs …kaboul to toon (laast year of contract)…lukaku to everton may release kone …who toon looked at last season

• 162 p // Jul 31, 2014 at 6:38 PM

Colback is crap because he never played for England yet your boyfriend Marveux and according to you, best player in the world can only get a loan deal at Guingamp

Not sure about your player evaluation skills personally.

• 163 Markaccus // Jul 31, 2014 at 6:40 PM

I dont know whats worse…. the constant wild transfer rumours, or ketsbaia’s outlandish expectations.

• 164 Big Pappa Cissé // Jul 31, 2014 at 6:42 PM

I like Tiote, but I would rather have Fer from Norwich as our midfield beast as he is a lot better on the ball .

• 165 Pizzicato The Arizona Geordie // Jul 31, 2014 at 6:43 PM

Anyone wanna hear from Pardew of what’s going on with HBA… or did he say that already?

• 166 Our Toon // Jul 31, 2014 at 6:44 PM

P

I p think both players are different so it makes no sense in comparing them but Colback was signed on a free meaning his contract was up. Marveaux will be playing in the Europa League after signing for the domestic cup winners who had a poor league season. Marveaux when on a free will attract more attention that what Colback did…

• 167 JP...from The Rock // Jul 31, 2014 at 6:44 PM

It’s so sad it’s come to this :( Imagine what the great Sir Bobby would do with a talent like HBA. It would be like working with Robert again for him but with an even more talented player. Pardew needs to eat his pride and just let HBA work hia way back into the team for the sake of us fans that have been crying out for a player with his immense skills for years.

It reminds me of the case of Souness vs Bellamy and us fans came out as the real losers of that fight. Bellamy was sild on the cheap and Souness was later fired and the team was dying for a pacey hardworking forward in the Bellamy mould for years after.

This club never learns :(

• 168 Ketsbaia9 // Jul 31, 2014 at 6:47 PM

Yep, I agree. I’d rather have Fer. He’d be available for £6m and we’d get £10m for Tiote.

We should be in for Konoplyanka. £10m for him is good value.

Marveaux is much more influential than Colback.

Pardew is the problem. We need a better manager who keeps and selects the best players based on their abilities and not their physicality. Pardew needs to replaced with someone like Sven Goran Eriksson.

• 169 JP...from The Rock // Jul 31, 2014 at 6:48 PM

I just pray that Pardew headbutts another player or something in the beginning of next season so we can get rid of him and keep HBA :)

• 170 Our Toon // Jul 31, 2014 at 6:49 PM

Since when has Fer been a ball winning midfielder?

• 171 Ketsbaia9 // Jul 31, 2014 at 6:51 PM

I hope Pardew headbutts Mike Williamson in the changing rooms when he’s made a mistake. Can’t believe he’s still at the club. He can’t even kick the ball properly.

• 172 Pottsclock // Jul 31, 2014 at 6:52 PM

Sven ?
    Kets – you are trying to have fun at our expense. Go on – be honest !

• 173 Big Pappa Cissé // Jul 31, 2014 at 6:52 PM

I find it almost laughable that Pardew is trying to convince everybody HBA is the immature child .

This coming from the man that head-butted Meyler, shoved a linesman, called Pellegrini a fcuking old cnut on national TV, and even had a pop at NUFC fans .

Yet Benny is half the age of Pardew .

• 174 Pizzicato The Arizona Geordie // Jul 31, 2014 at 6:53 PM

Kets, you are comparing oranges with apples. Marveaux and Colback are not playing the same spots. While Marveaux is a either a winger or attacking midfielder, Colback is a passer in the middle of the field and more towards the defensive line.

• 175 Ketsbaia9 // Jul 31, 2014 at 6:54 PM

I agree with that. Souness sold Bellamy and Laurent Robert and that ruined the club for years. They were great players for us.

If you look at Sven Goran Eriksson’s record as a manager, it is fantastic. I believe England just lost the 1 time against Brazil. He did fantastic at Lazio.

• 176 Ketsbaia9 // Jul 31, 2014 at 6:56 PM

But still, we’ve signed a defensive midfielder that we don’t need and we’ve sold an influential player in Marveaux who wasn’t given the chance by Pardew due to his physique. Pardew froze out Tevez and Mascerano at West Ham. He’s not good enough for us.

• 177 Pizzicato The Arizona Geordie // Jul 31, 2014 at 7:00 PM

I would only say Marveaux is out because of the way Pardew’s playing. To prove if this is true, we should start following Guingamp the upcoming season and see how he’s doing.

For the physique part, I think it may make sense because the team’s playing in EPL. If we are playing in Ligue 1, probably we have outplayed every team except PSG.

• 178 Markaccus // Jul 31, 2014 at 7:01 PM

Marveaux was fcuking shite

• 179 Pottsclock // Jul 31, 2014 at 7:03 PM

Markaccus,
    Thank you for that. I was thinking of putting an argument together over a couple of sentences to make the same point. But you summed it up perfectly !

• 180 Pizzicato The Arizona Geordie // Jul 31, 2014 at 7:05 PM

Markaccus, if Marveaux is really shite, he’s going to show that playing with Guingamp very soon. I guess we will see if it’s himself or Pardew creates that hassle.

• 181 gazzaforever // Jul 31, 2014 at 7:06 PM

Big papa cisse, here s my team ————————-Krul——————————

–Janmaat——–Collo——–M’biwa——–Haidara–

————-Tiote———————–Sissoko———–

—Hba————–De Jong—————Cabella—

—————————-Remy

• 182 Big Pappa Cissé // Jul 31, 2014 at 7:07 PM

And people say managers don’t make a difference :

Pardew would probably have a heart attack if he saw that .

• 183 welshgeordie9 // Jul 31, 2014 at 7:08 PM

Nice to see everybody are in a good mood

• 184 Sazzer // Jul 31, 2014 at 7:09 PM

• 185 Sazzer // Jul 31, 2014 at 7:10 PM

“He can go on a free after his contract is over – six months, or a year, this is not a problem. Who knows how long Pardew will be at Newcastle. In two months, he may not be here. Hatem love this club, he is idolised by fans.

• 186 welshgeordie9 // Jul 31, 2014 at 7:11 PM

What we need to do against man city is play 4231 with sissoko and tiote playing in front of the front four, because I’m fed up with toure winning a game on his own.

Simple up really

• 187 Ancientcoptic // Jul 31, 2014 at 7:11 PM

Tiote wouldn’t get anywhere near my best starting line up… I love the guy, but he has become a bit of a parody with his Ronaldinho step overs and Tony Yeboah efforts on goal.

It’s odd how Ben Arfa gets a ‘track back license,’ and Tiote gets a license to be the maestro extraordinaire from the holding midfield position.

And what about Tiote playing number 9 for Ivory Coast? am I missing something lol.

• 188 welshgeordie9 // Jul 31, 2014 at 7:12 PM

What’s the latest on the transfers, have we signed remy and grenier yet.

• 189 Ketsbaia9 // Jul 31, 2014 at 7:12 PM

He had a good game against Benfica and Steve Mcmanaman highlighted him as our best player.

He also made more assists than Cabaye in one season and hardly played. Marveaux is a talent and he’ll shine, just like Abeid did.

I was right about Abeid, and I’ll be right about Marveaux. Marveaux will probably make 20 assists and score 10 times, but Pardew will probably let him go on a free.

• 190 Mister Tuff // Jul 31, 2014 at 7:13 PM

I see that the Benny camp are stating that the club failed to pay Bennys rent. He must get the rent deducted from his pay by the club who then pay the landlord. This apparently went on for 3 months -and has now been rectified by the club.
    I would certainly see this as part of the club’s dirty tricks campaign -so childish and pathetic. The club do not cover themselves in any glory when they engage in stunts like this -clearly designed to harras the player. Not acceptable behaviour. Just illustrates that nastiness is simmering just below the surface.

• 191 welshgeordie9 // Jul 31, 2014 at 7:14 PM

Has the squad left for Germany yet

• 192 p // Jul 31, 2014 at 7:14 PM

BTW, I was not comparing Marveux and Colback directly.

I was merely pointing out that Kets, player ratings were questionable.

I tried to illustrate that by pointing out that he rated Marveux very highly whilst no one else in the football word does and hence he is on loan at an average at best Ligue 1 club.

In contrast Colback, landed a decent contract with a top ten premier league club.

Who knows how Colback will turn out, we do not know yet. We do know however, that Marveux could not make it at Newcastle. I am sure you will blame Pardew but, Sissoko, Cabaye, Remy & Debuchy all went to the WC, Marveux was not even close.

• 193 Big Pappa Cissé // Jul 31, 2014 at 7:15 PM

I wonder how many more scapegoats Pardew will offer up for sacrifice before people realise he is the biggest problem at NUFC after Ashley ? , and not the players .

• 194 Sazzer // Jul 31, 2014 at 7:20 PM

welshgeordie9
    Talks with Remy tomorrow according to sauce. Sammy on loan to SheffWed and Obertan maybe to MLS.

Grenier had tried to calmed speculation via twitter about not being with the rest of the group. It looks like he will be a no go.

• 195 p // Jul 31, 2014 at 7:22 PM

BPC, I think the consensus is that Pardew is average.

When he has had a decent squad available to him, he has done okay. When he has not, he has not done too well.

• 196 JamesToon // Jul 31, 2014 at 7:23 PM

Don’t care what anyone says i’m giving pardew one last chance, we know he can do well when he’s got good players available to him…

• 197 welshgeordie9 // Jul 31, 2014 at 7:27 PM

196JamesToon

Totally agree with you with new signings and young players like Armstrong and Aarons in the squad then he will have no excuse.

• 198 Sazzer // Jul 31, 2014 at 7:29 PM

Luuk De Jong scores again:

• 199 Ancientcoptic // Jul 31, 2014 at 7:31 PM

JamesToon – I agree with that. There is part of me that still remembers Pardew jumping in with the fans to celebrate a goal… also that bit of banter he had with Drogba when Cisse scored that wonder goal.

I would prefer things work out with Pardew than another manager, but he is in the last chance saloon.

I honestly cannot see a big shift, where we start dominating possession under Pardew’s management, and you cannot carry on that trend and expect to be a top 6 side.

• 200 Ibizatoon // Jul 31, 2014 at 7:33 PM

Tuff @190…What’s that about?

• 201 bladeuser // Jul 31, 2014 at 7:38 PM

Mistertuff
    why the hell should the club pay he rent is he not earning enough the poor soul ill tell u what why dont u go into work and ask your employers to pay your mortgage let me know what they say

• 202 lochinvar // Jul 31, 2014 at 7:39 PM

Pardew has to be big enought to manage the HBA situation because if he doesn’t he hasn’t got the dressing room and that’s a concern. Respect is earned and HBA may well have issues but if Sir Bobby was running the show would we have all this uncertaintity , I doubt it. All we get fed is dithering statements and obscure comments more at home in Paliament which is full of bullshotters. If Pardew wants to lead he should do so and stop hiding behind whispers and rumours.

• 203 Sazzer // Jul 31, 2014 at 7:46 PM

Arteta, Wilshere, Flamini, Diaby, Ox, Ozil, Gnabry, Ramsey, Walcott, Rosicky, Cazorla, Sanchez, Giroud, Campbell, Podolski.

and Juan Quintero on his way in.

• 204 JamesToon // Jul 31, 2014 at 7:46 PM

i don’t get the point on holding a grudge against a manager who is here to stay. We also got to as high as 5th last season, i hope things work out and we don’t have to go through a transition period and suffer the likes of curbishley and put this club into turmoil.

Still need:
    Grenier
    Aubameyang/Remy

I reckon this could be our team to face city:

Krul
    Janmaat M’Biwa Coloccini Haidara
    Sissoko Grenier Tiote Cabella
    de Jong
    PEA/Remy

• 205 Sazzer // Jul 31, 2014 at 7:47 PM

We definitely need more depth and creativity in our midfield.

• 206 gonufc (Newcastle United Sports Direct Advertising Club) // Jul 31, 2014 at 7:47 PM

Kets- In what way have you been proved right about Abeid? You said he was going to be world class.

Have a little perspective so as not rate your own opinion so highly!

• 207 JamesToon // Jul 31, 2014 at 7:47 PM

Quintero is a top signing, quite envious really. We should be able to attract and compete for players like him.

• 208 kevymartins // Jul 31, 2014 at 7:49 PM

Anybody realize if Janmaat doesn’t work out or get’s injured next season Anita or Mbiwa are just going to furthermore ruin there reputation for being played out of position.

• 209 toonarmydownsouth // Jul 31, 2014 at 7:56 PM

Personally this saga has rumbled on beyond any interest now
    Based solely on football, Benny never lived up to the hype, one decent game every couple of months
    For me we’ve bought his replacement already, an actual number 10 in Cabella who personally for me has already reached and surpassed HBA’s level and I’m absolutely buzzing to see this lad line up for us
    Same with De Jong a genuine class player who just does thing and doesn’t require his ego stroking

Get the lad out the door, best of luck, both parties put this shambles behind you and try to get your careers back on track because frankly you both look a reet pair of tw@’s!

• 210 Our Toon // Jul 31, 2014 at 7:56 PM

P

I wouldn’t dismiss ligue 1 mate, the players you mention have come from that league and I don’t even think we would get into the top 5 in that league, we beat Bordaux (however it’s spelt) at home but got hammered away. Bottom line they are in Europe we aren’t. The premier league is competitive and has a global reach but for standard it’s not overly great outside the top 5 or 6 clubs

• 211 scout // Jul 31, 2014 at 7:56 PM

Remy in soon, boy will he rattle some goals with the ammo incoming

• 212 toonarmydownsouth // Jul 31, 2014 at 7:57 PM

Jamestoon
    Who’s he signed for??

• 213 scout // Jul 31, 2014 at 8:00 PM

Anyone know where I can get a toon shirt without the sponsor on it?

Cheers

• 214 Ibizatoon // Jul 31, 2014 at 8:05 PM

Just done a bit of digging about this “rent” issue.

Fair enough, the club deduct the money and are supposed to pay Bennys landlord.

They supposedly didn’t for 3 months, but now have. Was it intentional or a mistake? Could be either tbh, but not sure what major relevance it has. Was the landlord threatening to evict Benny?

Both parties are case building it seems. How pathetic.

I agree with tads, this has gone on to far. Enough is enough. For me, both parties are to blame. I am convinced the club don’t handle themselves well, they’ve shown that time and time again, so I see why people side with Benny. However, I don’t see how we can get away from Bennys participation in the whole ordeal. He may not like the managers tactics, but such is life sometimes.

If he felt that strongly about it, you’d think he’d be trying to get a move to get his career and reputation back on track. For me, that speaks volumes.

That for me, is the end of my involvement in this story…I hope so anyway.

• 215 Ibizatoon // Jul 31, 2014 at 8:07 PM

Scout…2012? Sorry, bad joke and possibly not even accurate :)

There is a poster on here who sells old / vintage footy tops. Is it Roblee7 or something? Could be well off.

• 216 scout // Jul 31, 2014 at 8:11 PM

Haha brilliant.
    well if anyone wants to sell one, or even donate one to me, give me a shout.:-D

• 217 Markaccus // Jul 31, 2014 at 8:18 PM

Scout

the club shop does retro ones too, but you would be paying the evil empire good money :D

• 218 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Jul 31, 2014 at 8:21 PM

Mark…I just wanna say I am sorry if I implied something unintentionally!

…I am just going to go back into my thinking-corner

• 219 beermonkey // Jul 31, 2014 at 8:25 PM

is gilliead a good prospect??

• 220 Markaccus // Jul 31, 2014 at 8:26 PM

Jesper

no you didnt, no worries, mate. I appologise if i was over-heated with you.

Not going to fall out over a player and a manager of what is just a game, after all :D

• 221 Average_Contents // Jul 31, 2014 at 8:27 PM

Ibiza

Yeah it must of been a mistake not paying that rent for three whole months….a couple of weeks maybe but three months? Surely taking the piss!

Blad

The club takes it out of his wages and pays the landlord

Would anyone be surprised if they told benny the rent was say £1000 but was actually only £500 lol

Any possible way to make more dosh sounds about right!

• 222 Beardosfacedouble // Jul 31, 2014 at 8:29 PM

scout @ 213

toffs.com

the old fashioned football shirt company (?)

Top quality. Recommend go for the blue star from 1983 to 86. Personally, I wear the retro SuperMac one from the 70s to all the games I go to.

• 223 p // Jul 31, 2014 at 8:31 PM

Our Toon – level of play is not relevant. He is not leaving for footballing reasons, he is leaving because he is considered not good enough to get a game for Newcastle.

Now on the face of it, maybe he did not get a sufficient opportunity to shine but from the outside, people assume Pardew was just vindictive and did not like him, I think that is naive.

He showed some decent glimpses of ability but I think it is hard to argue that he really did enough to justify a place regardless of what you think of Pardew.

It’s like HBA, people worship him because of his undisputed ability on the ball. However, every time HBA did play last season, he was shite.

If Marv were any good a big club, paying big wages would come in for him for a permanent deal. Getting into Europa league is not that big a deal, look at the likes of Wigan who got in via the FA cup but got relegated.

• 224 Average_Contents // Jul 31, 2014 at 8:34 PM

Tbh I’d be pretty pissed off too if my employer deducted my rent out of my wage but never paid it for three months regardless if the landlord sent letters or not it’s my fcuking money isn’t it? In the scheme of things it’s not much but when all added together it stinks of underhand tactics by the snivelling poor excuse for a manager and the bastards currently residing at our club

Would anyone put it past fatty? After hearing how he goes about his other businesses? Certainly not me….he’s rotten to the fcuking core the vile fat leech!

• 225 scout // Jul 31, 2014 at 8:35 PM

Cheers for the info

• 226 Average_Contents // Jul 31, 2014 at 8:36 PM

Anyway that’s my rant over for the day ;-)

That is all

• 227 Mister Tuff // Jul 31, 2014 at 8:38 PM

bladeuser -you clearly got the wrong end of the stick. The club own lots of houses and also rent properties on behalf of their players. The club then deducts the rent from the players wages in order to pay the andlords of the rented properties. I would imagine those in club houses will pay the club out of their wages – ie it’s deducted from their wages. I would imagine it is a lot easier for the club to offer these facilities to lads coming from foreign parts.
    I do not think it was mentioned that Benny gets a freebie house.
    As to your alarm about employers paying mortgages – there are lots of folk in the UK who get a rent allowance from employers as part of their re-numeration. The rent allowance goes towards mortgages. Please read posts more carefully.

• 228 Ancientcoptic // Jul 31, 2014 at 8:47 PM

I am not willing to accept the argument that Ben Arfa was not good enough to be playing for Newcastle; the basis being on performances displayed by the team over the course of the last 21 Premier League game, in which we won 5 games out of 21… most of those wins coming via injury time goals against the run of play.

The fact is, most of the team put in sub-par performances… where are the calls for Anita to go?

Gouffran was playing like a lame mule on painkillers… Tiote was back up to his old tricks, the defense was a shambles, and, apart from Remy, we were toothless up front.

Sissoko was the only player that ended the season in any kind of form.

• 229 Toon Tang // Jul 31, 2014 at 8:47 PM

“Ben Arfa’s Agent Blasts Pardew”

Sounds like a video title from the darker side of spankwire.

• 230 Albeeeeeeeeeert // Jul 31, 2014 at 8:49 PM

First ever post but have been reading this Blog for an absolute age. Just wanted to post a couple of observations from last nights friendly. Travelled to Sheffield last night with a friend that is an Owl supporter so i had to suffer the indignity of sitting in the Sheffield end. However I was sat within a headbutt from Mr Alan Pardew and I have to say I have now witnessed first hand the short comings with this mans management skills. His instructions to players and tactical advice was nothing short of embarrassing. The look of frustration and confusion on several players faces was clearly evident. On a plus note have to say young Perez looks a good find and young Armstrong if managed correctly can be a success but I suspect under Pardews leadership this will never happen.

• 231 Bambams // Jul 31, 2014 at 8:51 PM

I think we all know if Ben Arfa played in an attacking team that he had a licence just to do his thing…. he would be awesome…

imo

• 232 Markaccus // Jul 31, 2014 at 8:52 PM

Toon tang

now there’s a mental picture I didn’t need. Cheers!

• 233 p // Jul 31, 2014 at 8:55 PM

Again, if HBA were as good as people think he is, his value would reflect that.

Great talent but has no understanding of the concept of releasing the ball at the right time.

At the end of the day we only had a few players worth decent money last season and HBA was not one of them.

• 234 Rotonda heights // Jul 31, 2014 at 8:56 PM

JamesToon // Jul 31, 2014 at 7:46 PM

i don’t get the point on holding a grudge against a manager who is here to stay. We also got to as high as 5th last season.
    – – – – – – – – – – –

Oh dear! maybe the last 2 seasons were all just a bad dream after all!

Ibiza

I swore not to get involved any more having being ” hammered” by the collective ”brains trust ” of Spoof, manx and Slime. but have to take issue with one thing you said.

Was Pardew’s duty of care (and medically managing his injury) to Ben Arfa to start and play him for a full 90 mins in his first game back after a 4 month injury lay off on a plastic pitch in sub-zero conditions. I think not.

Having said that I think Benny’s time is done, time to move on.

• 235 AaranD // Jul 31, 2014 at 8:58 PM

Spurs have reached an agreement for that young English center half Eric Dier.

• 236 KevinHann // Jul 31, 2014 at 9:00 PM

Tottenham Hotspur
    @SpursOfficial
    We are delighted to announce that we have reached agreement with Sporting Lisbon for the transfer of Eric Dier, subject to a medical.

• 237 JamesToon // Jul 31, 2014 at 9:01 PM

Rotonda

12-13 Ba sold in january no replacement
    13-14 Cabaye sold in january no replacement

• 238 JamesToon // Jul 31, 2014 at 9:01 PM

11-12 strengthened in summer and january, 5th.

• 239 JamesToon // Jul 31, 2014 at 9:04 PM

toonarmydownsouth sorry for late reply he’s signing for arsenal for 15.8mil

• 240 Ancientcoptic // Jul 31, 2014 at 9:04 PM

Must dash. Have a good weekend all.

Ben Arfa haters… I am watching!

• 241 Ibizatoon // Jul 31, 2014 at 9:06 PM

Rotonda…Extremely valid point and one I had eradicated from the memory bank (conveniently perhaps!).

Although, that wasn’t the season I was referring to, but another example. I meant after his leg break. Still, I doubt we’ll agree, we’ve had this debate before and I know you don’t think he handled Benny well the season we finished 5th and that it was mainly down to Raylor getting injured.

Average..I take little convincing on this subject. It’s a bit like the Rangers shirts that “accidentally” popped up on the clubs website :)

However, if that is the case, surely this is Hatem vs the club, not simply Pardew as has been the theme of these discussions?

It’s a bit like Jonas was mentioned the other day in the same vein as this Benny situation. From what I have read, which could be complete rubbish of course, is that if Jonas played another game we would have to pay him some sort of fee or his contact automatically got extended or some such thing. Clearly the call to not play Jonas is from above Pardews head? He seemed to play him even when no one else wanted to prior, so it seems a silly one to throw in Pardews pile of c*ck ups.

• 242 Sazzer // Jul 31, 2014 at 9:08 PM

Oh Dier

• 243 Sazzer // Jul 31, 2014 at 9:09 PM

West Ham sign Arsenal defender Carl Jenkinson on season-long loan deal

• 244 geordie157 // Jul 31, 2014 at 9:11 PM

So assuming everyone is fit and it will two completely different starting XI’s this weekend, something like.

Krul
    Janmaat, Mbiwa, Colo, Haidara
    Tiote, Colback
    Cabella, De Jong, Gouffran
    Riviere

Elliot
    Raylor, Taylor, Satka, Dummett
    Sissoko, Abeid, Anita
    Perez, Armstrong, Aarons

that wasn’t as easy as I thought, Alnwick, Woodman, Streete, Wilo, Vuckic, Sammy, Campbell and Gilliead also to feature.

• 245 mattnufc // Jul 31, 2014 at 9:17 PM

Personally, I believe we need ‘Cabaye’s replacement’ more than any other player. There is only Cabella who can create things at the moment.

• 246 Ibizatoon // Jul 31, 2014 at 9:21 PM

Geordie157…Not a lot to add to that, apart from I don’t think Pardew will play Colo and MBiwa together at CB. Hasn’t he said previously he doesn’t see them playing together?

Well, not at CB anyway.

Think the first team looks a lot stronger, I’d imagine (hope, expect?) that the normal “starters” would be split out a little more than that.

We shall see.

• 247 stuart no9 // Jul 31, 2014 at 9:22 PM

the simple solution is to sack pards and keep benny, the molst economical solution is to sack pards and keep benny, the most sensible solution from a football point of view is to sack pards and keep benny, from an enttertainment point of view is to sack pards and keep benny, from a supporters point of view —-keep benny and SACK PARDEW ,., you know it makes sense.

• 248 kevymartins // Jul 31, 2014 at 9:24 PM

@Mattnufc and what was Siem De Jong brought in for then?

For what I have seen from his in pre-season he has everything to become a top quality in the Premier League…He has shown his leadership skills and how calm and composed he is on the pitch aswell.

• 249 dcdick // Jul 31, 2014 at 9:27 PM

Can’t believe this clown is still here……

Pardew Out !!!

• 250 BuckLuck // Jul 31, 2014 at 9:29 PM

stuart no9

Post of the day! And I agree with you.

• 251 Ibizatoon // Jul 31, 2014 at 9:29 PM

Stuart…I feel you’re working towards a point, why not just spit it out mate?

• 252 colwell // Jul 31, 2014 at 9:30 PM

The Futbol Source ?@TheFutbolSource 5m
    BID MADE – #NUFC Have had a £13.5m bid accepted by #QPR for Loic Remy. #NUFC

• 253 Rotonda heights // Jul 31, 2014 at 9:31 PM

I read somewhere benny is a lyon fan and that’s where he really wants to go. surely we could use him as leverage for Grenier and / or Lacazette

• 254 geordie157 // Jul 31, 2014 at 9:31 PM

I’d still love to see this front four

Wijnaldum, De Jong, Cabella
    Aubameyang

Wijnaldum and Cabella can play both sides, create and score goals.

• 255 Our Toon // Jul 31, 2014 at 9:34 PM

Stuart no9

That is a class post mate, definitely the most logical thing to do but since when has this regime chosen the best option

• 256 Average_Contents // Jul 31, 2014 at 9:41 PM

Ibiza

It seems a small issue and has most probably emanated from the top regarding the “rent” but when coupled with the fact that he’s been made a scapegoat for losses by parsnip, been ostracised from the first team by parsnip, the odds are parsnip has told the powers that be he doesn’t want him here thus the club doing all they can to shift him wirh dirty underhand tactics! Who would seriously not put it past fatty? Sounds just like how he operates his empire which unfortunately we are part of

I’m not saying bennys blameless but if I’d been brought on at 0-2 down against a piss poor manure team that was there for the taking when it was 0-0 but see your team playing hoofball with no sense of what people’s jobs were in the team apart from defend, then blaming me for it! then the cretin asks “what went wrong” and I’m the only one with the balls to tell him….I’m gonna tell him the truth! Tbh I’d have most probably ripped his fcuking head clean of his fcuking shoulders the smug twat!

• 257 Sazzer // Jul 31, 2014 at 10:06 PM

mattnufc
    I agree. If we can’t get Grenier then I would go for someone like Johannes Geis from Mainz. He’s a German U-21 player that the big clubs have got their hands on yet. I might even prefer him since would be more solid defensively. He’s next in Schweinsteiger, Kroos, Rode mould.

This is the summer to sign him by the way before half the world have heard of him.

• 258 dannitoon // Jul 31, 2014 at 10:30 PM

If he wants to go Lyon. … would it be a surprise if he’s part of a £10m + Hba swap for the two Lyon players. … good business for both parties

• 259 mattnufc // Jul 31, 2014 at 10:46 PM

@Sazzer
    Never heard of that guy but he lookeed good (but who doesn’t on YouTube). We need a deep playmaker like him – Anita had a lot of opportunities last season doesn’t seem to be up to it and, if we don’t get anyone else, the centre midfield of Tiote, Colback will surely result in a load of direct football.

And @kevymartins
    You embarrassed yourself there. I was talking about players with creativity; he had one assist last season. When did I say he wasn’t ‘top quality’?

previous post: Remembering The Great Sir Bobby Robson