Ben Arfa’s Agent Blasts Pardew

Given Ben Arfa’s current situation,  where there seems to be a feud going on between the player and the Newcastle manager Alan Pardew, we would half expect Ben Arfa to try to see the last year out of his five year contract on Tyneside and become a free agent next summer.

ben arfa trapping ball

Ben Arfa – his agent is furious with Pardew

We had hoped earlier in the summer that Alan Pardew and Hatem Ben Arfa would let bygones be bygones – but the opposite happened and Pardew fined Ben Arfa for being overweight, when he returned from his summer break.

But his agent Michel Ouazine has told So Foot.com that he went on vacation with a personal trainer – and it seems Ouazine is not at all happy with the way the Newcastle manager has treated his client:

“We don’t know what the problem is. Pardew in the past has said Hatem was extraordinary.” “Hatem has done everything for Newcastle, every effort has been made ??to discuss the problem.

¨We are in a situation where there doesn’t seem to be a solution.” “He is simply doing his job: he trains well, he enjoys training with the reserves where he has a great coach in Peter Beardsley.”

“The fine for being overweight was unfair and humiliating. We will challenge the fine. We asked Newcastle to give us the player’s physical records.” “Hatem went on vacation with a personal trainer.”

¨He has worked to prepare for this season. That 1.5 kg? Yes, it is a pound of muscle and 500 grams of fat.” “He lost 2% body fat. We therefore challenge the fine.”

“Hatem doesn’t have to leave.” “He can go on a free after his contract is over – six months, or a year, this is not a problem. Who knows how long Pardew will be at Newcastle.”

“In two months, he may not be here. Hatem loves this club, he is idolised by fans.” “Hatem remains professional and is working hard. He prefers a return to Lyon, but it is not economically feasible.”

”Lyon is his first club, so there is a level of attachment. He loves Bernard Lacombe. However, for me, it is very difficult financially – Newcastle want a lot of money for Hatem.”

Ouazine is right to see that Ben Arfa’s career could be quickly rekindled at Newcastle,  if Pardew is fired – but bringing that possibility up will hardly make this current situation any better.

But it’s hard to know what to think about the situation that now exists between Pardew and Ben Arfa.

That’s because we don’t know exactly what has happened – just what’s been reported in the papers – but we’ve got to think that Ben Arfa, with all his skill and creativity when he’s at his best, can still do a job for Newcastle.

That’s if he gets his head down and works hard in both training and during the games.

But it seems it’s a feud going on with the manager – and that’s not good for the manager, the player or Newcastle United.

What do you think?

Below are our three social media sites:

• Markaccus

Jul 31, 2014 at 3:44 PM

Jesper

what the fcuk has racism got to do with this. Do you think i support racism?

And if one bully is too many in football, then, by your own definition of bullying (pardew v hba) then most other managers should be thrown out along with him. If you are going to take a moral stand against what you see as bullying, then i salute you! But you have to apply your stand to ALL bullies. When will you be contacting the LMA with your hit-list??

• Slank

Jul 31, 2014 at 3:47 PM

To lighten the mood, I think the club is making a bid for Remy.

I feel it in my bones.

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Jul 31, 2014 at 3:47 PM

Mark…you have a very strange legal system. I don’t want to continue this discussion on those terms because that is absolute absurd mate.

• Ibizatoon

Jul 31, 2014 at 3:47 PM

Ed…Come on, give us a topic that the bloggers want 🙂

Oh right…Benny…spot on sir!

This topic is a nightmare. Of course the club will say one thing and Benny / his agent will say this.

Anyone care to collate the actual facts?

• Markaccus

Jul 31, 2014 at 3:48 PM

Slank

If nufc are doing transfer business in your bones, no wonder we find it hard to sign players?

• Ethiotoon

Jul 31, 2014 at 3:49 PM

Nothing going on btn pards & hatem.it’s media speculation. if he stays we welcome him,if he goes,good luck to him..

• Markaccus

Jul 31, 2014 at 3:50 PM

Jesper

put it another way….

would you employ an accountant who had done time for fraud?

• Ibizatoon

Jul 31, 2014 at 3:51 PM

Slank…To lighten the mood, you want to start a discussion on Remy? The same Remy this blog seems to be on a 50/50 split vote as to whether we should sign?

Ha, good shout mate!

I have one to lighten the mood too…where on earth did the AC money go?

• swemag

Jul 31, 2014 at 3:51 PM

I dreamt last night that we signed Grenier and that we opened the season winning 3-0 with 2 goals by Perez. Actually both penalties.
    Can’t remember who scored the third but it was not Man City we were playing.

Woke up with a big smile.

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Jul 31, 2014 at 3:51 PM

Mark…i don’t think you support racism – never said that. But you argue there is nothing wrong with a bully referring to other managers you think are no different than the coach in question

That that argumentation extend to racism in football – a problem likewise and something that shouldn’t be tolerated even though some managers / players show that trait.

• Pottsclock

Jul 31, 2014 at 3:52 PM

Really disappointed to hear that Dier might be on his way to Spurs. I was getting hopeful…..

• Markaccus

Jul 31, 2014 at 3:52 PM

Ibiza

I’ve got one….

Why did we sell Cabaye?

• Ibizatoon

Jul 31, 2014 at 3:52 PM

Markaccus & Jesper…Shouldn’t we just drop the legal element to this debate? As far as I’m aware, this is not a legal issue.

Someone call the fat police and let’s not forget the incompetent manager police too.

• Slank

Jul 31, 2014 at 3:53 PM

Utter tripe from his agent is suspiciously sounding like I’m not going to get any commission if Newcastle want this amount as I know my client is carrying a lot of baggage and there are no barge poles long enough for any club to clutch.

• Rainrix

Jul 31, 2014 at 3:54 PM

It must annoy pardew to no end the constant questions about HBA in press conferences plus the continual chanting of “Hatem Ben Arfa” from the fans (Anything that annoys pards is a bonus in my book 🙂 ). Considering all he probably wants to do is just completely forget about the bloke. Out of sight, out of mind and all that.

• Jeff from Benwell

Jul 31, 2014 at 3:56 PM

Jesper
    Never spoken to you direct before
    I used to think you deserved a bit of sympathy because you were communicating in a foreign tongue.
    I now see I was wrong – you are just another “know nowt thick head”
    I see why you come on this blog – you are in good company.
    Lord preserve us from adopted Geordies

• Slank

Jul 31, 2014 at 3:56 PM

Ibizatoon

I’m only trying to help !

But I do think something is going on vis-a-vis a forward.

• Our Toon

Jul 31, 2014 at 3:57 PM

The PR campaign has worked with some and that seems quite obvious, if this “trouble maker” is what some portray him as then can someone please tell me why he is happy training with the reserves and not jumping on a plane trying to force a move?

I would have thought HBA the apparent trouble maker would want to jump ship especially if none of the senior players like him

• Ibizatoon

Jul 31, 2014 at 3:57 PM

Markaccus…That one is too easy. Answer = £££. Well, the player wanted to go too, but mostly it was about £££.

Jesper…I think his point is more that isn’t it simply a convenient argument to use when discussing Pardew, but what about the rest of the managers in the league who do similar things?

How is it you think that Pardew has bullied Benny out of interest? Sure he’s hung him out to dry, Pardew may argue Benny has hung Pardew out to dry too, but I’m not sure that constitutes bullying.

Potts…It does seem odd. From what I’ve heard, he’s supposed to be a top prospect. I thought we were interested in a push in youth. If Ashley wants the big bucks, surely he has to throw a bit at it. Shame.

• Markaccus

Jul 31, 2014 at 3:58 PM

Jesper

Therin lies my dispute with you…. you are all too willing to apply these labels to Pardew, because you want rid of him. Thats fine in itself. Thats your opinion. But you are willing to turn a blind eye when it comes to other managers who are guilty, BY YOUR OWN STANDARDS NO LESS, of the same crimes as Pardew!

At no point am I saying Bullying is right! I hate it in any form. All i am saying is this….. Is pardew truely a bully? If the answer is yes, then football has a massive problem with bullying in almost every big club arround the world!

• Transfer Sage

Jul 31, 2014 at 3:58 PM

Past ‘offences’ are always taken into account, look at Fifa with suarez, he got more for each successive bite, it’s how it works around the world.

Ben Arfa has shown in the past he has an attitude problem and Pardew has shown to be a stubborn fool, as far as I can see I’m surprised they got along this long together.

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Jul 31, 2014 at 3:58 PM

Ibiza…I think you know this is not really about the legal system. Minds are just made up here and there seems yo be no turning back…it is just going a bit too far for my liking right now.

• Jeff from Benwell

Jul 31, 2014 at 3:59 PM

This is the same Michel Ouazine who was seen having a bout of fisticuffs with HBA’s dad Kemal outside his office about 6 years back

• Mister Tuff

Jul 31, 2014 at 3:59 PM

If some of you lads try to have some regard to what happened at Man U this week with Shaw.
    No behind the scenes briefings/character assassinations/sneaky practices/an insider reports blah blah blah.
    The manager has come out in public said Shaw in not up to full fitness -open press conferences no behind the scenes briefings/mishchief making. Then Shaw cames out in the open- press conference -accepts he is not at full fitness and will be working towards it.
    Whilst I do think a players fitness etc should be kept in the dressing room – the way Manu U dealt with the situation -much more professional.
    I remind readers Percy said Benny was not playing -last season – because he was injured – Benny then came out in public and said he wasn’t.. Unless you still believe in the Sugar Plum Fairy -I know which version I believe – Bennys’.

Percy ……………………………………………OOT
    Benny…………………………………………….IN
    Mr Tubbs violence………………………….OOT
    Business thugs………………………………..OOT
    Sugar Plum Fair believers………………..OOT

• Transfer Sage

Jul 31, 2014 at 4:00 PM

our toon

Not saying ben arfa is causing trouble, but if he refused to train he could be fined his weekly wage, miss out on bonuses etc, so he might just be toughing it out til he gets his move.

Or like you say he may be trying to force his way into the managers plans by working hard.

• BeeGuy

Jul 31, 2014 at 4:00 PM

Heck, takee him to Germany & play him in both games. He will be in the showcase and we will find out just how “fit” he is after 180 minutes. If nothing else, that will save one of the squad from getting overworked.

His agent does not want to be fired, and knows HB-A’s nect contract will be for far less than he gets now. So the agent wants him at NUFC until the well runs dry.

Actually, if HB-A were surrounded by the new roster, he might be quite good.

• Slank

Jul 31, 2014 at 4:00 PM

Our Toon

‘Jumping on a flight’

Because he will violate his contract, perhaps ?

• Markaccus

Jul 31, 2014 at 4:02 PM

Tuff

Even if benny has eaten too many sugar-plums 😀

• Mister Tuff

Jul 31, 2014 at 4:02 PM

Bullies…………………………………………….OOT
    Racists…………………………………………….OOT
    Patrons of the Howlett Hall………………OOT

• g.s.tooner

Jul 31, 2014 at 4:03 PM

Potential to use HBA as an added bonus to facilitate lacazzete and or grenier deal?

If HBA is going for free anyway in 12 months we could get lyon to agree to a deal, knock a couple of million off the transfer fee and it would be an affordable way for them to replace some talent that they will undoubtably lose when grenier and lacazzete leave!

Would also free up the wage bill a bit balance the books.

Everyones laughing (y)

• Ibizatoon

Jul 31, 2014 at 4:03 PM

Slank.. 🙂 And what a help you are!

Let’s hope you’re right and there is some striker activity.

Jeff…I think Jesper was probably better off being on your “never spoken to you directly” list.

I for one, still don’t see why you come on this blog. I can only imagine it’s to make a fool out of yourself.

One of the greatest traits of the Geordies is how welcoming / easy going they are. Do tell me, what list must one check off to be considered a proper Geordie?

Do you not know how to debate / have a discussion?

• Ancientcoptic

Jul 31, 2014 at 4:04 PM

Markaccus – “you are all too willing to apply these labels to Pardew, because you want rid of him.”

Certainly not for me… I could have used Pardew’s headbutt if I wanted to use ulterior reasons to get rid of him… I was one of the people that fully supported him standing up for himself in that scenario with Meyler.

I am willing to give him one more last crack of the whip this season before giving up on him for good… but when it comes to situations with Pardew falling out with players… I tend to side with the players. That is because we have all seen how 2 faced Pardew can be… what he says and what he does are two different things.

• Transfer Sage

Jul 31, 2014 at 4:04 PM

As far as I can see this isn’t bullying. Pardew does not like ben arfa’s play in games (i’m guessing defensive play) and as such doesn’t want to keep him at the club. He is just trying to sell him and if that’s the plan then there is no point getting him involved with the first team if he won’t feature.

This isn’t bullying, it’s how transfers work, managers bring in and move out players to suit them and the team.

Pardew may well be wrong to remove ben arfa as he can be a devastating player….but he isn’t doing anything new or wrong in my opinion.

• Markaccus

Jul 31, 2014 at 4:04 PM

Bullies of the racist hall…….OOT

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Jul 31, 2014 at 4:04 PM

Mark…yes, by all means is our coach a bully! And he should be dealt with accordingly – not by what others do and not by his past.

• Mister Tuff

Jul 31, 2014 at 4:05 PM

How will Benny get the plums from the tree – aha give the tree a shake – so he’ll need a tree shaker or I suppose a tree hugger suffering from the DT’s will suffice.
    Markaccus ————–you’ve got the job!

• Jeff from Benwell

Jul 31, 2014 at 4:06 PM

Anyone remember 2 1/2years ago during the Arab spring when that horrible bully Pardew gave HBA permission to travel to troubled Tunisia to visit his Grandparents what an evil man.

• Slank

Jul 31, 2014 at 4:06 PM

Mister Tuff

I believe Van Gaal has gone public because he wants to stamp his authority on everyone at ManU and that includes the Glazers. Nobody will be exempt.

Rarely does a manager make public comments about things that are said and done in the dressing room and on the training pitch.

• Transfer Sage

Jul 31, 2014 at 4:07 PM

jesper

depends what you count as past surely?

this whole benny thing is happening now but should we not consider pardew’s past incidents, headbutts, pushing linesmen, etc….I think we should consider that when judging the mans character.

The same way we should judge ben arfa for his behaviour in france, but not entirely, we should accept he could have changed his ways but not rule out past behaviour entirely.

• Ibizatoon

Jul 31, 2014 at 4:07 PM

Jesper…Then you need to be able to continue the debate. It’s a bit unreasonable to keep saying that you think those who aren’t championing Benny have been conned by the clubs PR exercise. It’s insulting and will get a reaction.

I for one, don’t think either Benny or Pardew are worth falling out over…but that’s just me 🙂

1 2 3 7