Ferreyra – Newcastle Are One Of The Important English Clubs

Newcastle’s new signing Facundo Ferreyra was pressed into action yesterday only hours after his loan signing was announced by the club, and he should see some playing time in our final two friendlies – at Huddersfield Town tomorrow night at then against Real Sociedad on Sunday at St. James’ Park.

Facundo Ferreyra 12

Facundo Ferreyra – made debut yesterday – cheer up its not that bad

Facundo came on in the second half of the game yesterday against Schalke, and he looked lively enough during the game.

This is what he has said today in the Chronicle:

“I like the Premier League, and when I knew this club was interested it was very impressive. So that’s why I chose this club.¨

“I know Newcastle United is one of the important clubs in England, and they have a really nice stadium and big players at this club, so that’s good.”

In yesterday’s game Facundo challenged for the ball and Remy Cabella picked the up the loose ball went straight in on goal and slammed the ball into the back of the net.

Newcastle fans still have to see our new right back Daryl Janmaat in action, after he was signed from Feyenoord,  with Vurnon Anita, Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa and young Lubo Satka playing in that position so far in pre-season.

But we should see Daryl in the next two pre-season games, and he’ll probably make an appearance in both of those games, at Huddersfield tomorrow night, and at home to Real Sociedad on Sunday – if he is to start against Manchester City a week on Sunday.

And we’d also like to see Rolando Aarons start against Real Sociedad, and he’s surely earned his place with some very good games for Newcastle in pre-season, including yesterday, when he made the first goal and scored the second against Schalke.

Alan Pardew must give the youngsters their chance when they have worked for it – and deserve it.

Below are our three social media sites:

• IITianToon

Aug 4, 2014 at 6:20 PM

Repost:
    I’ll assume all our players are fit by the time of our 1st game. I am seeing some rather fantasy-filled starting XIs (no Colo seriously?). So I’ll try to think like Pardew (defensive team) and here is a realistic team against City:

Krul
    Janmaat–Willo–Colo–Haidara
    Tiote–Colback
    Sissoko–SDJ–Gouffran
    Riviere
    Subs: Elliot, Mbiwa, Anita, Cabella, Aarons, Ayoze, Ferreyra
    No place for the likes of Abeid, Armstrong and Obertan.

• Sliema

Aug 4, 2014 at 6:20 PM

Kets

Abeid had not impressed pre-season for me.

I think he’s got a lot of potential, but he simply cannot be ahead of Colback or Anita.

You say he’s more of an attacking player? Well how on earth can he be picked over Colback?! You want us to only play one in the middle and everyone else bombing on? AGAINST CITEH???

Bloody hell, it’d be a long Sunday afternoon with you at the helm mate.

• IITianToon

Aug 4, 2014 at 6:21 PM

Players who should be going out on loan: Arma, Campbell, Streete.. I’d keep Abeid, Aarons and Satka as first team cover.

• Sliema

Aug 4, 2014 at 6:24 PM

IITianToon

I like your line-up, but based on pre-season and to really freshen and shake things up, to be positive, we shouldn’t start with Goofy.

I like him a lot, he’s gonna be a wkd squad player now for sure, very versatile.

However Cabella is here now. Aaron’s is looking awesome. And Rivière is better on the wing for me, cutting in from the left.

I don’t think Goofy should or will start.

• Ethiotoon

Aug 4, 2014 at 6:24 PM

Evening toon mates….how was ur day…

• IITianToon

Aug 4, 2014 at 6:24 PM

A BIG THUMBS-UP to Ed on his last set of test results!!!

• Pottsclock

Aug 4, 2014 at 6:24 PM

I’ll be honest – I quite like Elliott. Yes, he is never going to be a very top notch keeper but he is solid and also his distribution is far better than Krul’s.
    How many clubs have two world class keepers? Almost none because the one thing that a good keeper won’t accept is sitting on the bench (with the exception of Harps). Look at Forster, for example.
    Elliott to me is about as good a stand-in as we are going to get who is prepared to sit on the bench for most of the season as second choice.

• Markaccus

Aug 4, 2014 at 6:25 PM

Sliema

just thank your lucky stars kets is not in charge. Abied and marveaux would start every game. Anita would be the single holding player, and our entire transfer budget would have been blown on alderwiereld and scharner!

• Markaccus

Aug 4, 2014 at 6:26 PM

Ethiotoon

no too bad. And yours?

• IITianToon

Aug 4, 2014 at 6:26 PM

Sliema

I got to disagree with you mate. I will be looking for a hard working at the same time capable player against Zabaleta/Sagna. Don’t you think Gouff would be a better option than Cabella?
    Having said that, I do expect Cabella to replace him for the next set of 7 games against mid/lower-table opposition.

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Aug 4, 2014 at 6:30 PM

IITianToon..you are probably right that is how coach d will set out (defensively and unbalanced)

…but that is what separate him from a great manager. That midfield is gonna kill us in most games ( especially considering this is going to be a long season.

Remember who many goals we scored last season and remember how tired some players look at the end (especially Gouf)

• swisstone

Aug 4, 2014 at 6:37 PM

IITian

Agree with your line up.

If SDJ not fit expect Cabella to fill that role. But dont think he’ll start otherwise.

Personally i’d prefer a 3 man central midfield to avoid a repeat of the malaga game where we were overran and exposed. Dont know enough about SDJ to say whether he can drop back that little bit deeper. If not it means potentially dropping him bringing sissoko into the middle and putting cabella out right

• SA Toon

Aug 4, 2014 at 7:27 PM

IITianToon – I’ ll go with your line up, but I’ve gotta say it’s good to see the back of all the serial negativity that’s been flying around the past few months. I think we all feeling more positive and hopeful! Let’s hope the boys can settle quickly and live up to their potential.

• SUFC_rule

Aug 4, 2014 at 8:45 PM

Haha silly boy.

He’ll say anything. Guess he just had to get out if NATO destabilised Ukraine since Britiain and USA are supporting the Ukrainisn army killing if civilians in Eastern Ukraine.