Pearce Dead Against The Transfer Of Two Players To Newcastle

It seems the double deal going through right now at Newcastle for Nottingham Forest players Jamaal Lascelles and Karl Darlow, was done specifically against the advice of  the Nottingham Forest manager Stuart Pearce.

stuart pearce and

Forest owner Fawaz Al Hasawi and Stuart Pearce in April

This is what Stuart has said about the pending deal – which is for £7M for the two top Nottingham Forest youngsters:

“We had an offer from Newcastle, that I was made aware of last week, in regards to the two players going there,” “The figures that were mentioned, by the representative of our club – I said I would not do that deal, when I was asked the question.¨

“I thought I could push their value up and that they would be worth more in the long run.¨ “The first I heard today about things was when Jamaal Lascelles came in and told me that he had a medical at 2pm at Newcastle.¨

“That disappointed me greatly.” “I think I have a good relationship with the club,” “But obviously, for whatever reason, they have decided to take the money on this situation.¨

“I do not agree with it. But the only olive branch I have got is that the boys are both coming back on a year loan, which is a bonus.¨

“But I felt that, if they stayed at the club, they would only have increased in value.”

Stuart makes a good point about their value increasing – especially since both are English players – and their price always seems to be higher than other players.

But Stuart only took the job in April, and it seems he is already at odds with the powers that be at Nottingham Forest – like the owner Fawaz Al Hasawi.

That’s doesn’t look good, but at least there is some straight talking going on at Forest.

Below are our three social media sites:

• Dennis Twice

Aug 4, 2014 at 6:34 PM

Attack Toon attack attack!

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Aug 4, 2014 at 6:38 PM

IITianToon..you are probably right that is how coach d will set out (defensively and unbalanced)

…but that is what separate him from a great manager. That midfield is gonna kill us in most games ( especially considering this is going to be a long season.

Remember how many goals we scored last season and remember how tired some players look at the end (especially Gouf)

• Ethiotoon

Aug 4, 2014 at 6:40 PM

Markaccus
    Not bad either.it’s been long time since u and I talked.how are you?

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Aug 4, 2014 at 6:41 PM

Well truth to be told, it is refreshing to hear a manager (not a coach as we have) speak against the sale of his players!

• EbertNUFC

Aug 4, 2014 at 6:42 PM

I am not making a decision on who will start as a striker on 16th until I see the rest of pre-season- I hope facunda starts tomorrow so we can see what he’s made of.

• jimiley

Aug 4, 2014 at 6:43 PM

They are just the sort of players we need to stay in the league. Terrific signings to guarantee our safety for another season.

• EbertNUFC

Aug 4, 2014 at 6:43 PM

Pearce has more guts than pardew

• Markaccus

Aug 4, 2014 at 6:44 PM

Ethiotoon

im fine cheers. Actually optomistic about the coming season for once. I really believe if we set up to attack, we can push top 6. (I know there are problems with this but i can always hope)

• beermonkey

Aug 4, 2014 at 6:44 PM

jesper

I don’t think you would get anything else from pearce
    I hope he does well for them and for himself

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Aug 4, 2014 at 6:46 PM

beef…you are probably right mate

• Ethiotoon

Aug 4, 2014 at 6:50 PM

Lascelles is British? I thought he was french.don’t know him any way,but I remember spurs and Arsenal were tracking him a year or so ago and uhh..
    Looks like we reignited in this window.
    Yessssssss…..

• Markaccus

Aug 4, 2014 at 6:53 PM

The squad has much more capacity for rotation offensively. There should be less issues with tiredness. We still need a CB!! Lascelles is going back to forest on loan.

• kilcline

Aug 4, 2014 at 6:55 PM

Swap Ben Arfa and MYM and cash for Grenier and the striker.

Flog Taylor and sign Richards

Perfect window.

• IITianToon

Aug 4, 2014 at 6:55 PM

@Jesper
    Like Markaccus said, we now have plenty of offensive options, so the likes of Gouff should not be tired come the 2nd half of the season. However, is Pardew going to use his squad effectively, or will he let some players rot; your guess is as good as mine..

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Aug 4, 2014 at 6:56 PM

It seems that Morrison kid some was raving about last season is just another Ranger?

• LGFUAD21

Aug 4, 2014 at 6:56 PM

Lascelles is a good signing. Definitely looks like he is one for the future. Glad we are allowing them to continue their development at Forrest rather than waste away on our bench.

Don’t know much about Darlow.

Think that is the end of our business for the summer. Overall. A very good window so long as we don’t loose anyone else.

With rivière I thi that even if he isn’t scoring his movement and strength will provide a lot. I mention that because I still feel we are weak or “untested” up top but then again maybe Carr has found us some gems in Perez, rivière and Ferreyra.

Hope to see a bit of Aaron’s as he looks decent. Pace to burn. Strong on the ball and shows more intelligence than sammy.

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Aug 4, 2014 at 6:58 PM

If you have Spotify check out Fact Fiction / Silverflame (Mash-Up) or the entire EP (it’s well worth it)

…or try the original version of Silverflame (took the whole of Denmark by storm in the 90tees 😉 )

• Ethiotoon

Aug 4, 2014 at 7:00 PM

Markaccus
    Me too.with the current squad and possible incomings, we can compete eleven v eleven with any team.absolutely delighted with the current activities @ sjp
    Now we should stop moaning/saying AP
    did this did that AP said this said that, AP
    Change this and that blah blah blah…
    Let’s all wait and see what he can do with this team in this fascinating league…

• Markaccus

Aug 4, 2014 at 7:00 PM

I would like to see richards on the books. Even though he is primarily a RB i still think he is better than saylor at CB, and will provide some excellent athleticism and a good calm defensive head at the back for us. Also je is a shoe-in at RB whenever Janmaat is missing. It isnt ideal but with lascelles (however spelled) coming in next season i think it would be enough to steady us at the back.

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Aug 4, 2014 at 7:01 PM

IITianToon…when it comes to our coach I will most likely get it wrong 😉

…but the balance and construction of our midfield is going to be the key to this season I think!

• scout

Aug 4, 2014 at 7:01 PM

Post 5

Our first game is the 17th so you’re golden

• dannitoon

Aug 4, 2014 at 7:01 PM

Wat about this season. … We need a CB. .. desperately

• Thump

Aug 4, 2014 at 7:02 PM

Can’t help but feel for Psycho if that’s true. Bit of an odd decision for both of them to go back on loan, but I suppose that’s why we got them so cheap.

It’s a bit weird having this good of a window, mind. Perez, Colback, Riviere, Cabella, Janmaat, de Jong, Ferreyra, and now Lascelles and Darlow. Nine players in… Ashley has always, historically, given us bad news shortly after the good news. I’m just waiting.

• firebug666

Aug 4, 2014 at 7:04 PM

Markaccus @18

Just so long as he’s not taking any penalties mate. 😀

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Aug 4, 2014 at 7:06 PM

IITianToon…I don’t think it was lack of options that killed us…they were there but was rarely used.

…the short version is the midfield killed us and we relayed on one player do gives us the goals (the pressure was pilled on the defense…it’s gonna be one hell of a defense to take that)

• Markaccus

Aug 4, 2014 at 7:06 PM

Barcelona have shown that of you attack enough, then having smaller CBs is not an issue as long as they are aware. Before you say “ooohh comparing toon to Barca” i am not! Just the principles of the style of play. Not how good we are at it 😀

• clinath@ed

Aug 4, 2014 at 7:06 PM

Couldn’t we offer them some loanees to help soften the blow..?

• Markaccus

Aug 4, 2014 at 7:07 PM

Firebug

HAHAHA yeah that was pretty horrific!

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Aug 4, 2014 at 7:08 PM

Mark…I know you are not comparing – and that kind of argue my point I think 😉

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Aug 4, 2014 at 7:10 PM

….Barca makes sure the pressure is not on their defense and their midfield is balanced both offensive and defensive (the back four is protected)

• Markaccus

Aug 4, 2014 at 7:10 PM

You could draw parallels between colo and puyol. Older and not quick but have good heads. Mascherano and richards (if he were to sign) are athletic and also jave good heads.

• IITianToon

Aug 4, 2014 at 7:13 PM

@Mark
    I will say Ooohh Barca really? Haha.

But in fairness, it was comical to see Barca not buying centre-backs and relying on Pique, who is a joke of a defender. I would go so far as to say Pique is the Saylor of Barca..

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Aug 4, 2014 at 7:13 PM

Veltman from Ajax would be a dream signing for me defensively 🙂

• firebug666

Aug 4, 2014 at 7:15 PM

jesper

That’s just what we did yesterday, Our midfield soaked up the pressure and protected the defence. We didn’t have much possession but we kept them under pressure, pressing them right across the pitch. Nice to see for a change.

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Aug 4, 2014 at 7:16 PM

firebug….I didn’t see the game mate

• Markaccus

Aug 4, 2014 at 7:16 PM

Jesper

I love hoe barca play. Id love it if NUFC even partially tried to adopt that idea. We saw on saturday that inexperience up front, puts ptessure on a poor defences, and costs goals. In a way i am glad that it happened. Sunday was better. Even though they had the ball a lot, they were restricted to longer range chances.

We now have a good set of attacking players who could keep the ball and take the pressure off our defence.

Heres hoping 😀

• roblee7

Aug 4, 2014 at 7:16 PM

What you guys think having Man City first game? I’d personally prefer a lesser team first so we could hit the ground running with a couple of wins. When we play city we generally get murdered. But guess good to get one of big games out the way early on?

• kilcline

Aug 4, 2014 at 7:18 PM

Surprised we are loaning them back Lascelles, he is good enough to walk into our team now, very pleased we have signed him, he will play for England at centre back. Guess he is Colo’s replacement next season.

Flog Taylor and MYM and sign Richards. Satka/Streete are more than capable of filling in.

Richards
    Grenier (Swap Ben Arfa)

Job done.

• roblee7

Aug 4, 2014 at 7:18 PM

Very early but predictions for the city game?

I’ll go 0-0 being very optimistic, being realistic 3-0 city

• toonicle

Aug 4, 2014 at 7:19 PM

Congrats on the test results again Ed! Good to hear!

1 2 3 5