New Fitness Coach Thrashing The Life Out Of Newcastle Players

There was talk earlier this summer of Steven Taylor may be leaving Newcastle United, the home town team he has played for since 2004 when Sir Bobby Robson gave him his big chance, but the local lad seems to be loving it in pre-season, and Steven  has revealed that new fitness coach Dave Billows has been pressing the players to get to their ultimate fitness levels in pre-season – “he’s been thrashing the life out of us” according to Steven.

Good 😀

Rangers v Newcastle United - Pre Season Friendly

Steven Taylor – loving it at Newcastle

Steven has made a decent start in pre-season, but Mike Williamson returned to the Newcastle side against Schalke on Sunday,  and the defense looked a lot more solid with the 6’4″ center-back in the side.

This is what Steven Taylor has said today:

“Pre-season been really, really tough. Dave has come in from Everton and he has been absolutely thrashing the life out of us,” “It is a sickly feeling sometimes but the hard work is going to pay off for us. It has been really good and we have been enjoying the pain.”

“Dave got us down to hard graft from the very first day. It’s been tough, but great. It’s what you need as a team and everyone has bought into it straight away.”

“Fair play, there have been no complaints, as everyone knows how vitally important fitness is in the Premier League these days. The lads have been working very hard, but it has been needed.”

“I’ve been getting my head down a few times on Tynemouth beach, doing some running. It is great there as I can put the headphones on and run up and down the soft sand. It works.”

“I did it for two or three weeks before the start of pre-season training, taking advantage of the soft sand and the hundreds of steps to get you down on the beach.”

“It’s difficult but it is something I’ve really want to do after coming back from my Achilles injury and it seemed to do the trick.”

“I want to get back to where I was fitness-wise and strength-wise that I was before my Achilles tendon injury. I have got the feeling that I am getting back to those sorts of levels.

“I want to hit the ground running and feel great every time I go out on the football pitch and so a little bit of extra training won’t do me any harm at all.”

“My legs have never felt better. Condition wise I have never felt as good in pre-season.”

Taylor did not have a good season last season, and it started very badly for the local lad,  when he was sent off at Manchester City in our first game of the season, when we were hammered 4-0, and he never regained his first team place.

If we were to hazard a guess,we would say that Williamson and Coloccini will be the central defenders for our first game against the Premier League Champions a week on Sunday at St. James’ Park.

But Steven needs to keep his head down and keep working hard, and he could still do a job for Newcastle next season.

What do you think?

Below are our three social media sites:

• Geremi's Prosthetic Leg Fund

Aug 5, 2014 at 9:27 AM

If Ben Arfa could just bite the bullet and work hard and get a team mentality he could be excellent for us this season. The first one in ages he’d actually have players around him on his wavelength. Such a shame this has happened.

• Geremi's Prosthetic Leg Fund

Aug 5, 2014 at 9:28 AM

On Taylor, I wish we’d just pay up his contract and let him go. He’s abysmal and takes up a squad place. He’s gone backward so far since his emergence. Granted he’s ok in the opposition box but in ours he’s non existent, positioning is woeful and has no control.

• israeli_fan

Aug 5, 2014 at 9:30 AM

repost

TTVVT

obertan played in all our unbeaten run, its a fact.
    he doesnt have the skill of ben arfa or the presence of sissoko but the best football team isnt the best individual team.

look at qpr 2 years ago or us 6 years ago- good players all over the pitch but still relegated

• Vask

Aug 5, 2014 at 9:31 AM

Aye I think Taylor – as much as i’d like to like him – is too liable to make a stupid decision that will cost us matches. He had one good half season in the whole time he has been at the club.

• Slank

Aug 5, 2014 at 9:32 AM

REPOST

T T V V T

As has been explained before it’s not the amount of money that has been spent but how you spend it.

• Slank

Aug 5, 2014 at 9:35 AM

Firebug

Good on you mate. Many others would just hide and wait for some bad news before wexing their anger.

• Laurent Robert 32

Aug 5, 2014 at 9:36 AM

With all the sports science available to them, well rounded conditioning shouldn’t be that much of a surprise for Taylor.

Geremi, hard work can’t be why Hatem isn’t in, because Shola has been selected many a time under Pardew and he strolls and ambles his way through matches a lot less than Hatem does.

• firebug666

Aug 5, 2014 at 9:37 AM

REPOST

Slank

I will own up now mate. This summer has been a revelation on the signings front, something I never expected. I still feel that the club needs a new managers ASAP, but feel we will have enough by the close of the window to compete on all fronts.

I was still right when i said most of our depth will come from the development squad this year, and from what has been witnessed so far in pre – season things are not looking too bad.

• firebug666

Aug 5, 2014 at 9:38 AM

Sorry I reposted that before your answer had shown up mate.

• israeli_fan

Aug 5, 2014 at 9:39 AM

what i cant understand is why owners of football clubs willing to pay stupid amount of monies to players (transfer fee+wages), but they arent willing to pay good money for a good manager.

look what LVG did with man utd, or SBR with us.

I mean a manager like Hitzfeld or Hiddink we can achieve top 5 easily with our squad, and its not gonna cost us more than another squad player

• Our Toon

Aug 5, 2014 at 9:39 AM

Israeli Fan

Although I don’t want to talk about politics I thought I’d give a balanced argument to some of the myths about what goes on in Gaza, fortunately I’ve been there on multiple occasions.

Hamas were democratically elected because the people of Gaza suffer on a daily basis from the land grabbing that goes on everyday. You are concerned about rockets but what would you do if the shoe was on the other foot and your house was destroyed so a family from Gaza could move in?

The lies about Hamas hiding behind women and children, the area is so populated that it’s impossible for the innocents to hide, Hamas have killed 3 civilians and 60 odd soldiers where as Israel has killed over 1800 Palestinian people, of which over 300 are CHILDREN. They’ve only killed around 200 members of Hamas….A terrorist to me is someone that kills innocent people and that is Israel.

This is genocide my friend and to think that the people of Gaza live in a modern day concentration camp is horrifying especially considering that there oppressors went through this in WW2

Gaza has water for 2 or 3 hours a day before it is cut off by tue Israelis and same with electricity, no other country in the world has broken more UN Resolutions than Israel. Have you ever stepped foot in Gaza Israeli fan?

Look at the history of Israel and you will find that Palestine was the name of the country until the US with the help of the UK gave the Jewish people a country of there own….I can go on about the atrocities I have seen over there on a daily basis if you’d like mate but please don’t come on here to pedal that propaganda rubbish we all see where the TV is switched on!!

• Our Toon

Aug 5, 2014 at 9:42 AM

On a separate topic I wouldn’t want Lacazette, don’t rate the guy….Swansea are gonna drop the Bony 19m asking price.

• T.T.V.V.T.

Aug 5, 2014 at 9:42 AM

@Slank
    Completely agree with that.

And im not necessarily on either side of the argument here, i was just offering an alternative view to yours. Thats what discussions are all about.

I sensed that your post was more about some sort of personal triumph over those who had an alternate view.

Thats not what this should be about. It’s true we have spent but many would argue we have simply spent what we raised, rather that the money that was quoted as being available before the summer window.

However, i do agree with the fact that the players we have brought in have been impressive purcahases.

However, do you not think that we are in a prime position to be easily pleased? The severe lack of any transfer dealings in recent windows has conditioned a low level of expectancy… When they sign players who are essential to the squad then we look at it as though they’ve went above and beyond?

Personally im more excited for this season than in any of the last 4. That could however be a direct result of curiosity; wondering if the players we have signed live upto expectation.

You’re totally right, it isnt about the total money spent. However, for your initial post to hold any substance we would need to sign a 15 goal centre forward, a quality centre half and possibly a right winger.

I think then you would find many fans admitting they had been proved wrong.

• firebug666

Aug 5, 2014 at 9:42 AM

Laurent Robert 32

I think it is more likely to be a clash of ego’s between Pardrew and Benny, and for that reason alone I can’t see either one backing down.

Benny used to be Pardrew pet, golden boy. But now the toys have been chucked out of the pram and neither one is willing to pick them up.

Like most on here I would love Benny to stay, but accept that it’s over for him at Newcastle.

• israeli_fan

Aug 5, 2014 at 9:42 AM

our toon, as i said i won’t comment on the matter.
    i just say that everything you wrote is rubbish

• Slank

Aug 5, 2014 at 9:43 AM

Vask

‘…We haven’t strengthened just replaced is the argument you will face. ‘
    Yes I can see the doom mongers just waiting for the team to lose a game before giving us all their benefit of hindsight, smarter than thou comments.

• Mr Funk

Aug 5, 2014 at 9:45 AM

@ Israeli fan

So close to not commenting on Our toon post

• Slank

Aug 5, 2014 at 9:48 AM

T T V V T

Yes I agree with all your comments.

How well the club have spent I suppose we will only know come the end of the season.

• Rotonda heights

Aug 5, 2014 at 9:51 AM

Ed

Not sure what matches you’ve been watching. Saylor is an absolute shocker. Horrendous positional sense, no speed, easily turned. Should really have been got rid of along with Shola. Saylor always talks the talk but is a major liability.

jimmysmith // Aug 4, 2014 at 11:45 PM

You sort of get the feeling with Pardew that he’s considered integral to whatever stage of development we’re at and so he keeps his job when in other circumstances he wouldn’t.

But people do get sacked or moved on under Ashley when their time comes and you feel as though with Pardews contract being that much less than it was, and with a deeper more balanced squad at his disposal that he will now be under greater pressure to deliver results and entertainment.

Strangely, the better the squad and clubs situation, perhaps the more precarious his job becomes.
    – – – – – –
    Interesting comments there, but didn’t quite understand the ” Pardews contract being that much less than it was.”

Does it not still have 5/6 years to run?

• Average_Contents

Aug 5, 2014 at 9:53 AM

Shame dave bellows hasn’t thrashed percy…maybe all the bullshit would be expelled out of him! I’d pay to watch him destroy cashley though lol

• T.T.V.V.T.

Aug 5, 2014 at 9:56 AM

@israeli_fan

In the season we finished 5th Obertan was not an any way, shape, or form an ‘integral’ player.

If I remember correctly he was rubbish for the first half of the season and then replaced by ben Arfa after that.
    Think he scored once in the cup game against Blackburn.

He was a squad player at best, who was expected to be a first team but didnt impress enough to do so.

No way he had an integral part in us finishing 5th.

• firebug666

Aug 5, 2014 at 9:59 AM

Our Toon

I have just had my say this morning to israeli_fan about politics on here disrupting the flow of football issues, and he agreed to stay on topic and keep his posts to football.

I is very unfair of you to come in with your post about his country and it’s problems, trying to goad him into another political reaction.

This blog is for football, specifically Newcastle United, There is nor room for you political arguments, if you feel you need to talk politics with israeli_fan, then email each other or something.

israeli_fan Well done for not reacting.

• firebug666

Aug 5, 2014 at 10:05 AM

T.T.V.V.T.

But Obertan was playing on the right for us in that 11 game un-beaten run we had. He couldn’t cross for toffee, or dribble, in fact all he had was his pace.

On Sunday though we seen a different play, he seemed more composed on the ball, his tackling and tracking back were better too.

I don’t see him starting games, but can see him using his pace again this year as a sub.

• Whumpie

Aug 5, 2014 at 10:26 AM

Gutted about Saylor. He was on course to be a real Toon legend but he just seems to think like such a tool on the pitch. He cheats constantly and cost us countless points through behaving like a total cock when he should be doing his job.
    At a time when we’re desperate for a good CB and desperate for English players and for local heros in the team he should be a shoo-in for a starting place. To be 3rd or 4th choice is takes weapons grade twattery.

• beefman13

Aug 5, 2014 at 12:21 PM

Whumpie, i agree fully regarding Saylor, hes just a daft mix of stupid actions!

• beefman13

Aug 5, 2014 at 12:26 PM

Israeli fan, you are correct, of course we all know MA has Pardew in his back pocket, but he must realise the fella has limitations, trouble is MA is such a loose cannon and has had his fingers burnt with other managers, i dont feel they would put up with his style of ownership, Pardew does because he wont ever get another job like this.

If Pardew ever goes MA will go for someone like Hoddle who is desperate to get back in the premiership, he may take what is on offer, a hell of a good coach but a wee bit of a fruit loop in to the bargain though isnt he!

• BeeGuy

Aug 5, 2014 at 12:40 PM

Steven Taylor & Hatem Ben-Arfa are two players that have no football sense. Because of that, they cannot apply their talents to the benefit of the club.