Newcastle Youngster Has Both The Skills And The Attitude

Newcastle have seen a lot of good Newcastle youngsters fall by the wayside for one reason or another over the last seven years or so but one 18 year-old has emerged over pre-season who seems to have both the skills and the attitude to become a successful player at Newcastle.

rolando aarons

Rolando Aarons – young Newcastle star winger

Rolando Aarons has impressed at Newcastle ever since he arrived two years ago from Bristol City, and has had an excellent pre-season for Newcastle on the left wing.

We’d like to see Rolando get a run in the first team at the beginning of the season, but Newcastle’s squad is now a lot stronger than last season, and he may have to wait until he gets his chance, but surely he will make the bench for the Manchester City game.

Rolando has vowed to work hard:

“It is up to the manager, but I’m going to try and make his decision as difficult as possible, it’s my job really.”

“I’m no one yet. It is just pre-season and I haven’t done anything in big games, so I’m just going to keep my head down and work hard.”

“I’m hoping to get involved in a first team this season and make an impact.” “Before every game I pray to not be injured and just go out and be guided to a performance.”

“I worked so hard off-season. I wasn’t expecting to be pushing for the first team, so I’m surprised.”

“But I’m happy with what I did off-season – it gave me the opportunity to do what I’m doing here.”

We’ve had too many youngsters in the past who had a few good games and then thought they’d made it at Newcastle, but a football career is more like a marathon than a sprint, and it’s important for these youngsters to keep their heads down and work hard.

Rolando says he will do that.

There are far too many youngsters these days who get carried away with their own headlines, and the big money they get so early in their careers doesn’t help much either.

But Rolando seems to have the right attitude, and he has every chance of making it at Newcastle – we hope he does.

Below are our three social media sites:

• check the toastie

Aug 6, 2014 at 8:39 AM

Will get a start at some point, the senior players will play shite, Pardew will blame the young lad and he will disappear from sight.

PARDEW OUT.

• Markaccus

Aug 6, 2014 at 8:47 AM

Morning all.

2 days off work begin today, looking after a pox-riddled child.

• Ethiotoon

Aug 6, 2014 at 8:49 AM

Really impressed me so far.probably surprise of the season. Definitely will’ve a
    chance in the 1st team. this kind of youngsters are the one we need.will replace Jonas.if he gets lots of games in EPL and cup games,he’ll get stronger and he may make us forget Ben arfa.
    I don’t see why obertan may leave?he was excellent so far.I don’t know what he did wrong last season but I assume he had injury problems.will be good backup,patient with good attitude. will have 1st team eleven in cup games.

• Mr Funk

Aug 6, 2014 at 8:50 AM

@ Mark

Chicken or small 🙂

• Bambams

Aug 6, 2014 at 8:51 AM

You just wonder how good this kid could be under Keegan.
    Yes I know Keegan splits peoples opinions but in my eyes as a footballing manager and bringing players on he was brilliant.

• Markaccus

Aug 6, 2014 at 8:51 AM

Funk

Thankfully, Chicken 😀

• Mr Funk

Aug 6, 2014 at 8:51 AM

@ Mark

Hope your son / daughter get better soon

p.s. stop any scratching

• Graeme

Aug 6, 2014 at 8:52 AM

We seem to have great difficulty with the transition from reserve squad to first team squad. P45DUE never seems to have faith in younger players.

He will play one if a “Purple” is injured or banned, but, as soon as that player is available, the youngster is dropped, no matter how well he has been playing!! It cant be good for the confidence if it continues!!!

• Ethiotoon

Aug 6, 2014 at 8:54 AM

Markaccus
    There are sea foods, lasagna,suchi, Tilapia etc…in here,I assume u like them..
    Don’t know what ur people like to have in our country…

• Markaccus

Aug 6, 2014 at 8:55 AM

Bambams

He would be fantastic. The day keegan walked for the second time was the day it all went wrong. Cant really blame him under the circumstances.

• Markaccus

Aug 6, 2014 at 8:57 AM

Funk

Cheers. You wouldnt think he was ill the way he is acting!

Ethiotoon

So far i have been fortunate enough to have never encountered “Sea Food Pox” 🙂

• T.T.V.V.T.

Aug 6, 2014 at 8:58 AM

Fingers crossed for Aarons.

We’ve seen a few ‘hot prospects’ have great pre seasons and then fail to make an impact / get given a chance during the season.

I can remember Sammy having a great pre season a few years ago. Don’t think he got a kick for the first team that same year.

Aarons looks to have a little more about him though. Im confident he’ll be the next one out of the young crop to force his way into the squad on a permanent basis.

he remind me a little bit of Raheem Sterling. Small but quick, low centre of gravity, goes past players easily, and always tries to create either a cross or a shot.

#PrayForAarons

&

#PrayWeDon’tSellHimInTwoYearsTime

• Slank

Aug 6, 2014 at 8:59 AM

Bambans

You might as well say how good he could be under Joe Harvey as he and Keegan aren’t coming back.

Perhaps someone on here can list the notable youngsters that came through the ranks when Keegan was manager.

• Markaccus

Aug 6, 2014 at 9:00 AM

TTVT

trouble is under this regime…

#EveryPlayerHasHisPrice and #AshleyWouldSellMessiForAPieAndAPint

• beermonkey

Aug 6, 2014 at 9:00 AM

just seen the goals from last night
    did any1 watch the match

• Markaccus

Aug 6, 2014 at 9:02 AM

Beermonkey

it wasnt on anywhere. Dont know where sky were getting the pictures. Couldnt even find a radio link

• tequilamag

Aug 6, 2014 at 9:03 AM

Slank that would be the Keegan who scrapped the pulled the reserves from playing in any league. It was the worst decision he ever made. Did nothing for developing young players

• Ethiotoon

Aug 6, 2014 at 9:06 AM

Extend his contract now.will be big player for us.I think he is bound in here till 2016.

• Rainrix

Aug 6, 2014 at 9:06 AM

Well heres lee ryders thoughts, decent read. Shock horror he thinks our central defence is terrible as well. Nice to hear that moussa is looking good in central midfield. Has the penny finally dropped?

• Markaccus

Aug 6, 2014 at 9:08 AM

Tequila

However, if keegan already had a player like Aarons, he would get plenty of game time. It’s just that newcastle had to buy raw talent rather than bring them through the youth.

• Markaccus

Aug 6, 2014 at 9:10 AM

Rainrix

What do you mean? Our defence is poor? Surely not! I have never heard such rubbish! 😀

• beermonkey

Aug 6, 2014 at 9:11 AM

markaccus

sky always have cameras at games it seems

riviere seemed to get in a good position for his goal and cabella’s was a lovely chip

hows your young one not to itchy I hope

• Ron Knee

Aug 6, 2014 at 9:13 AM

This is fromThe Mag:
    “I was at last night’s match – it was dire: plodding and predictable, there wasn’t a spark of creativity on the pitch.
    Pardew’s penchant for players playing out of position continues; etc.”

• Markaccus

Aug 6, 2014 at 9:15 AM

Beermonkey

hes not too bad cheers. They dont seem to be bothering him much at the moment.