New Striker Already Tired – He’ll Get Used To It

One of Alan Pardew’s jobs is to get everybody fit and ready to play this season, and it seems he has not exactly been taking it easy on new boy Facundo Ferreyra.

Facundo Ferreyra 123

Facundo Ferreyra – two games in first three days at Newcastle

Facundo only joined the club last Sunday, on loan for the season from Shakhtar Donetsk, and he’s played two games already – the first was in the 3-1 win against Schalke on Sunday in Germany, when he was introduced in the second half.

Ferreyra started the game at Huddersfield on Tuesday night, where we drew 2-2, and Pardew started in a 4-4-2 formation with the Argentine up front with Manu Riviere, so he’s seen action in two of his first three days at the club.

This is what Alan Pardew has said about his new striker:

“We’ve been a bit hard on him as he’s only just arrived.” “He looks tired, but he’ll get used to it. He’s got a great mentor in Fabricio Coloccini to look after him. He’ll be OK.”

“It’s about getting everybody’s timing, intelligence and mindset right.” “It was nice to see us pushing for the win at the end.”

Facundo has a lot of potential but that’s all it is at the moment, and one of Alan’s jobs this season is to get the best out of the 23 year-old Argentine.

If Facundo does well then Newcastle could take him on permanently for £6.4M (€8M) at the end of the season, or even before that.

And he will be helped by captain Fab Coloccini being his mentor, as he starts to get to grips with the tough English Premier League.

We are hoping the Argentine does (very) well next season in the Premier League.

Below are our three social media sites:

• Markaccus

Aug 7, 2014 at 8:47 AM

Morning all.

Pox-watch day 2 for me.

I would like to claim the ITK award for the Lacazette deal should he sign, as i was the first last night to relay a report from twatter to here 😀

KNEEEEL BEFORE ZZZODD

• beermonkey

Aug 7, 2014 at 8:50 AM

markaccus

hows pox watch going

• BOOM BOOM THE 1ST

Aug 7, 2014 at 8:51 AM

Ok that means you can also claim credit when he DOESNT sign.

• Markaccus

Aug 7, 2014 at 8:52 AM

Beermonkey

He seems to look a bit less like a join-the-dots puzzle, but he didnt sleep much last night so he is like a bear with a sore head! Other than that hes ok, cheers.

• Markaccus

Aug 7, 2014 at 8:54 AM

BOOM

No no no. All i have to do if he doesn’t sign is blame the person on twatter 😀 thats hoe ITKs work, they are NEVER wrong lol

• toonarmydownsouth

Aug 7, 2014 at 8:58 AM

Wonder if the price for the Celtic would of dropped a bit now they’ve dumped out of Europe?
    Not much appeal to stay if there not in the CL

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Aug 7, 2014 at 9:00 AM

Mark…and if it’s not true you’ll be the first to meet the wrath of Kal-El 😉

• Jeff from Benwell

Aug 7, 2014 at 9:02 AM

Ian
    I have always thought that Jail is a know nowt wum.
    Virtually every post he makes reveals that he knows sfa about football , you get them on every sports blog.

I acknowledge we need a CH but I will repeat again and again it must be an existing or returning EPL defender. Look how long it took Colo to bed in.

• toonarmydownsouth

Aug 7, 2014 at 9:03 AM

Wow so that really is our new kit…..
    Please sack Puma

• beermonkey

Aug 7, 2014 at 9:04 AM

markaccus

calpol makes em sleepy

I hope I am pleasantly surprised but I cant see the Lacazette deal happening

we have bought in chucky sdj riviere perez and we have cisse pards has already said he will use sdj up front at time even though we know he better else where,

• switch365

Aug 7, 2014 at 9:04 AM

If it was a case of either/or would you take Lacazette or a new cb?

• Markaccus

Aug 7, 2014 at 9:04 AM

Jesper

The son of jor-el will be my slave. For eternity. Bwa ha ha ha ha.

• Markaccus

Aug 7, 2014 at 9:07 AM

Tads

that looks like last season B/w strip. Doesn’t our new one have a triangular patch on the front. Its still sh1te though 😀

• Ethiotoon

Aug 7, 2014 at 9:10 AM

I don’t think it’s the right time to play city..
    Specially in opening season.but getting a point will be good for me.they only have Silva and yaya to threat us.I don’t rate others to threat us.if we control one of them,they r like broken skin…

• richyg01

Aug 7, 2014 at 9:10 AM

Jamsha.

It worries me a bit that Krul is not in the picture.

Back that up with us buying the keeper from Forest, and I am very worried that Tim may be the high profile departure this window.

• martoon

Aug 7, 2014 at 9:12 AM

Moring Markaccus – We you used to use Calomine lotion when our kids had it.
    To football – I think it was Soccer Sauce who broke the story first

• switch365

Aug 7, 2014 at 9:18 AM

If Krul is moving on I’d hope we’d replace him with Forster, for all he’s a decent shot-stopper, Elliot has no presence in the box.

• NEWEXPATMAGPIE

Aug 8, 2014 at 7:44 AM

I woud not and will not single out any particular blogger on here and call them a Wum? The most on here have expressed their opinions and then insulted me or slagged me off when i did,nt agree with them ! Don,t take any notice of them Jail ? I don,t !