Newcastle may have to wait until the last week of the transfer window, when things start to finally sort themselves out, but the Magpies will have opportunities to sign more players before September comes around.
Arsenal striker Joel Campbell – loan deal?
Newcastle still have some players we are after and here’s the situation at the moment with each one:
- Alexandre Lacazette – seems to be our number on striker target, but we don’t believe a fee has been agreed with Lyon, even though reports are continuing to come out saying a whopping £15M fee has been agreed. Alexandre wants to join a Champions League club but he could settle for Newcastle late in the window
- Loic Remy – will be asking himself whether he wants to stay at QPR for next season as September approaches, and after playing in front of 52,000 home crowds at Newcastle he may opt for Newcastle if a bigger club doesn’t come in for him – but he is not Newcastle’s top target these days
- Andre Ayew, – is a Ghanaian International winger who would do well at Newcastle, although he has his heart set on joining Liverpool, but he could consider joining Newcastle permanently before the end of the transfer window, if Liverpool or some other big club doesn’t coma after him
- Joel Campbell – it’s still possible that Newcastle could get the Costa Rican striker in on loan from Arsenal. and there’s a report in the Chronicle today that in fact that seems like a decent possibility, with Arsene Wenger wanting his 22 year-old striker to get some experience in the Premier League
- Virgil van Dijk – if the news is to be believed over the last day or so, Newcastle will only bring in another defender if a current defender – such as Steven Taylor or Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa – leave the club. So if that happens we could see a late bid from Newcastle for the Dutchman – but it’s not looking good at the moment. We had hoped the club would have shown more ambition and snapped this lad up for £8M
- Clement Grenier – Newcastle have still not replaced Yohan Cabaye with a central midfield play-maker, and we went after this lad in January, and it seems he would be happy enough to come to Tyneside – but only if Newcastle and Lyon can agree on a decent fee for the French International
And of course we could always get a signing out of the blue, of a player we didn’t even realize Newcastle were after – that’s always possible.
Below are our three social media sites: