We’re Positive About Upcoming Season For Newcastle

Jack Colback watched Newcastle as a young boy when his father took him to the Newcastle home games, and that’s not unlike many young lads growing up in Newcastle.

jack colback sydney fc

Jack Colback – will play on Sunday at St. James’ Park

But Jack was a good young player that Newcastle missed,  and when he was just 10 years old he joined Sunderland, and fourteen years later we were able to sign Jack on as a free agent, when he ran his contract down at the Black Cats, and wanted to join his home town club.

So it’s not really surprising that Jack thinks the Newcastle fans are some of the very best, and he’ll get to play for Newcastle for the first time at St. James’ Park on Sunday afternoon, when Newcastle take on their last opponents of pre-season – Spanish side Real Sociedad.

This is what Jack to say today:

“These fans are up there with the best I’ve seen.” “The songs they sing and how loud they are at games is something I’m looking forward to being a part of.”

“We’re positive about the season coming up. We have signed some good players.” “We are certainly hopeful of a very successful season.”

Sociedad beat Aberdeen 3-2 last night at Pittodrie in the second leg of their Europa League qualifier, and the Spanish side got through fairly easily with a 5-2 aggregate win.

So they will prove a tough test for the Magpies on Sunday, since they are match fit – having already been competing this season.

But Alan Pardew has said he will still make plenty of changes in the second half in that game, so we probably shouldn’t take too much notice of the results in pre-season (unless we win?), since they are usually a poor predictor of how teams do once the league starts up.

Colback has had a very good pre-season for Newcastle,  and that’s been good to see him settle down so quickly.

He is likely to start on Sunday afternoon, and also start in our first league game, since Cheick Tiote is struggling with a hamstring injury.

After Sunday’s game Newcastle have a full week to prepare to host the Premier League Champions Manchester City at St, James’ Park.

That’s going to be a big test for our lads.

Below are our three social media sites:

Below are our three social media sites:

• toonicle

Aug 8, 2014 at 10:15 PM

Anita and Colback as the holding midfield for City then? I hope he plays Sissoko in that position over Anita but for some reason Pardew likes Sissoko on the right wing…

• Markaccus

Aug 8, 2014 at 10:20 PM

Kets

From the way you describe the bet, i think it means both of your choices had to score and win.

• Markaccus

Aug 8, 2014 at 10:29 PM

Kets

….of course neither team can win without scoring, so i am not sure exactly what the bet was.

• Markaccus

Aug 8, 2014 at 10:31 PM

If yout bet was simply for both teams to score, then you already won money!

• Ketsbaia9

Aug 8, 2014 at 10:32 PM

I thought it could’ve meant each team in both matches has to score with my choices winning (PSG and Cardiff).

• BOOM BOOM THE 1ST

Aug 8, 2014 at 10:40 PM

Kets u been at the mushrooms lad.

• Ketsbaia9

Aug 8, 2014 at 10:51 PM

Just stated: Cardiff and PSG both to win with both teams scoring in each match.

I put money on Cardiff and PSG to win with both teams scoring. Just wanted to make sure I didn’t read it wrong. It could’ve meant all 4 teams scoring?

• Average_Contents

Aug 8, 2014 at 10:53 PM

Yes Kets it means both teams to score in both matches

• Average_Contents

Aug 8, 2014 at 10:54 PM

And obviously the 2 teams you picked to win to actually win 😀

• Ketsbaia9

Aug 8, 2014 at 10:57 PM

Haha, very funny. So is that 4 teams that has to score or just the 2 I’ve selected? It’s not clear at all.

By the way, we’re getting £2.5m from Southampton for Fraser Forster.

• Graeme

Aug 8, 2014 at 11:03 PM

Positives – the midfield looks a lot more creative, as does the front line.

Negatives – the CB’s were probably the worst in the division, are now yet another year older & slower. No recognised main-stream striker.
    Pardew still in place; the same coaching staff still in place.

We have only spent just over what was raised from selling Cabaye, Debuchey – we are no stronger in depth; we have the resources to resolve the oustanding deficiancies, but we choose not to do so. Its quite bewildering to be honest!!

• Belfast

Aug 8, 2014 at 11:04 PM

Kets you’ve won ferk all.

• Jonty

Aug 8, 2014 at 11:11 PM

Having read loads of comments on this blog slagging Alan Pardew off for playing Sossico on the right wing, then ignoring the fact that Deschamps played him on the wing in the World Cup. He is NOT a central midfield player. He is great bombing forward either cutting in or down the side. Stop slagging our manager off when he does the same as the manager of France.

• Ketsbaia9

Aug 8, 2014 at 11:12 PM

All 4 teams had to score. I read it wrong.

• Average_Contents

Aug 8, 2014 at 11:15 PM

By you not understanding the bet I’ve managed to get a small glimpse inside your mind

It’s fooking scary mate

Say you picked 1 match with both teams to score and a winner from that match then you need both teams to score and the team you picked to win.

You picked 2 matches with both teams to score in each match which makes 4 teams to score altogether and your 2 teams to win that you picked to win

Can’t really say it any clearer than that so if your still baffled I suggest you stop gambling as the betting companies rub their hands with glee everytime you place one 😉

• Average_Contents

Aug 8, 2014 at 11:17 PM

Can’t see my posts….ah well probably for the best anyways

• Sliema

Aug 8, 2014 at 11:18 PM

Jonty

I agree, Deschamps certainly played Moussa on the wing more than he did at CM. And those on the blog disputing that are just embarrassingly incorrect.

However, I still don’t think he is creative enough to play that far forward, and for a winger he’s a tad slow for me, not very agile.

I’d play him with Tiote and have either Cabella, Rivière or Goofy on the right and Cabella, Aarons, Rivière or Goofy on the left.

• Jonty

Aug 8, 2014 at 11:18 PM

It just goes to show how blinkered the anti Pardew brigade are. I think he’s done a reasonable job considering he’s had to manage with one arm tied behind his back because of the owners constraints. One example is Sissoko. Some slag of AP for playing him on the wing. Fair enough but where did Deschamps play him in the World Cup? Yes, on the wing. Wow.

• Average_Contents

Aug 8, 2014 at 11:19 PM

Who’s this new player sossico? Is he any good? Is he like sondico? Mike Ashley will absolutely adore him 😉

• Jonty

Aug 8, 2014 at 11:20 PM

Repeated myself a bit. Didn’t realise the last post sent then had to remember what I said!!

• welshgeordie9

Aug 8, 2014 at 11:23 PM

Jonty

Don’t worry about repeating yourself, i do it all the time on here with all the moaners.

• Average_Contents

Aug 8, 2014 at 11:26 PM

Tbf to the parsnip bashers (me included) he did actually play sissoko as part of a 4-3-3 in the first 3, albeit on the right hand side of this 3 but still not in the top/forward 3

I wonder if my little diagram will work lol

3 <–

Obviously he did change this formation so I'm not sure where he played once it changed

• Average_Contents

Aug 8, 2014 at 11:31 PM

It worked and rather well I might add 😉

Parsnip plays sissoko here on the right as an attacking winger/CF so it’s a massive difference tbh to where Deschamps plays him but like I said not sure where he goes once the formation gets changed

3 <—

• Jonty

Aug 8, 2014 at 11:31 PM

Av Contents if the only thing you can respond to my post is I misspelt Sissoco, then jog on.

• Average_Contents

Aug 8, 2014 at 11:35 PM

There is a massive difference in the roles and requirements of those two positions and I’m sure I don’t have to list them

• Jonty

Aug 8, 2014 at 11:36 PM

Sliema you make good point. However I disagree with you about Sissoko, I think he’s fast.
    Cheers Welshgeordie. It’s an age thing!

• Average_Contents

Aug 8, 2014 at 11:40 PM

No need to get your knickers in a twist mate it was a bit of tongue-in-cheek

Attentiiiiooooon! I do solemnly swear to not crack jokes or smile or look or think about your posts ever ever again as long as I live

In my defence I don’t think my posts are getting through as I’ve responded multiple times

• Jonty

Aug 8, 2014 at 11:50 PM

Av Contents. Ok I accept you apology!! The thing is having been going to St James for over 50yrs I’ve seen some real crap. And I mean real crap. This is my position. Would love to see Ashley sell the club. BUT to some dodgy bugger from the Far East, no thanks. In my opinion and that of all the guys my age, is the we were heading for administration before MA bought us. Now he’s done some crazy things and wants his arse kicked. As for our manager AP. Didn’t want him but have some sympathy with him. I’ve spoken to him and he’s a nice guy. Gets a bit worked up! He’s working under tough conditions. I’ll say it now, I’m fairly happy with him. I said ‘fairly’ .

• NKOTB

Aug 8, 2014 at 11:52 PM

welshgeordie9 @ 20

Yes, you certainly do repeat yourself a lot. Very tedious.

• Average_Contents

Aug 9, 2014 at 12:06 AM

That’s very humble of you considering I wasn’t the one who told a fellow poster to “jog on” after getting the wrong end of the stick so to speak!

Nevertheless my previous points still stand regarding sissoko and his positioning for le bleus

Where’s Niafron when ya need him?

• Average_Contents

Aug 9, 2014 at 12:07 AM

NKOTB

You learn to block it out after a few days mate 😉

• ToonFromLeeds

Aug 9, 2014 at 12:08 AM

Where do the Journos get this crap from just read we are apparently after Gonzalo Hugain. That’s gotta be rubbish. On Sissoko I feel he’d be better as a holding mid or a cm rather than a winger

• manxpie

Aug 9, 2014 at 12:19 AM

jonty aye its the same as people saying pardew finally put cabeye in his best position
    when the player himself says he prefers the deeper position and he plays there for france in the world cup!

• Our Toon

Aug 9, 2014 at 12:22 AM

Jonty

Didn’t Deschamps mainly use sissoko on the right side of a 3 in centre midfield? He pushed sissoko to the wing once the opposition got tired and pogba took over his position in the middle. You obviously didn’t pay as much attention as you should have with this.

Also even if Sissoko happened to find himself on the right wing for France….remind me who actually plays there for them…pogba, Cabaye, valbuena or matuidi. Do you seriously think Deschamps looks at them and thinks yeah sissoko your better

Final note on this mate is that our current midfield Tiote and Sissoko are by far the best options centrally with De Jong behind the forward. If Deschamps was our manager sissoko would be playing centrally not on the wing

Pardew is way above his ahead, he’s championship standard manager at best who is lucky to be in his job….didn’t he say that he’s the right man to be banging the door down for players and getting the owner to spend when he needed him to….so please explain why you feel sorry for pardew apart from the fact he has no clue? The guy knew he would be a yes man, that’s exactly what he is and a very fortunate bum who was at the dole office before his mate picked him up so he could settle debts!!

• manxpie

Aug 9, 2014 at 12:25 AM

average he was certainly on the wings more than in the middle for france but i suppose that was pardews fault and thats why they went out of the world cup 🙂

• micky burns

Aug 9, 2014 at 8:33 AM

I think Mousa has proved hes not good enough to play CM. Despite his massive frame he goes missing and his first touch is too poor. But hes fast and strong, so idea to have on the wing.

With regards to Yohan. When he played he was most effective when he had the number 10 role. if he liked it or not he got more goals, assists and more involvement. When you see him play for France and PSG he doesnt hurt teams as much and he doesnt have the same impact on games as he did for us as the 10.

I think Jack is a proper Pards signing. Young, hungry, british, aggressive. A lot of the things we lack last year. If you compare him to Mousa (not as players but as men) Jack has a typical Northern man mentality. Hard working, motivated, maybe not the most gifted but he’ll alway try. Where as Mousa has the french attitude, when your going down or getting beat, he will accept it and pull his pants down for you as long as its over quick. Debuchy had the same attitude and so does Goufran although Goufy works hard he lacks leadership zkills. The french all seem to do the same arms in the air huffy thing thay Damien Duff used to do.