Eighth And Ninth Signings Simply Delighted To Join Newcastle

Newcastle have finally announced our two new signings Jamaal Lascelles and Karl Darlow from Nottingham Forest for an undisclosed fee, and obviously our article of yesterday helped to bring that about. 😀

Newcastle United Unveil New Signings Karl Darlow and Jamaal Lascelles

Jamaal Lascelles and Karl Darlow

Both players will be sent back to Nottingham Forest on loan for the season, and they represent our 8th and 9th signings this summer – so far.

This is what Jamaal Lascelles said after the signing:

“As soon as I found out about the move I was over the moon.” It’s a huge step up for me. Newcastle are a club with a massive fan base, a big history and an unbelievable stadium.¨

“First, I am going back to Forest for another season and that will be great for my development. Hopefully I can come here next summer an even better player.”

Goalkeeper Darlow had this to say after his signing:

“I’m delighted for it all to be sorted and I can’t wait to get started here at Newcastle.”  “The loan back is going to be another year but it gives me time to develop my game further before I return.
“I’m looking forward to the future.”

And Newcastle United manager Alan Pardew had this to say:

“It is a real coup to have signed two of the finest young talents in English football outside of the Premier League.””Jamaal and Karl will be a big part of the future of this Club.¨

¨They have both performed outstandingly in the Championship over the last couple of years and I have no doubt they will be able step up to this level once they return from their loan at Nottingham Forest.”

These two players are ones for the future at Newcastle, but they are also terrific signings and the fee is supposed to be around £7M.

But if they have good seasons for Nottingham Forest,  they will already be worth a lot more than £7M when they finally are at Newcastle and in the first team squad.

They will also be better players, and it’s very important that Newcastle keep signing these young players – especially young Englishmen.

When was the last time Newcastle brought in nine players in a transfer window?

Below are our three social media sites:

• Mister Tuff

Aug 9, 2014 at 3:15 PM

dok -what you find hard to accept -is opposite to what expat thinks and dreams of. His room with a Sunderland duvet cover and matching pillow case covers is his refuge, his paradise, a reminder of his youthful days visitting joker park. Whilst decent Toon fans would shudder at and rufuse to enter such a foul boudoir it is home from home to expat.

• FAU

Aug 9, 2014 at 3:21 PM

I missed times when the comments in this blog was all about HBA owned 3 defenders and scored, unstoppable etc. With Jamal L at the back together with experienced colo or willo . Hopefully we can see the old “HBA” again. Great transfers so far. Expect a lot from Cabella.

• Novocastrian66

Aug 9, 2014 at 3:29 PM

Hello Dok; I didn’t get a chance to reply to you yesterday. I’m not sure what I got wrong when I posted yesterday about the attitude towards “soccer” in the States form the sporting establishment. By establishment I mean the franchise owners in the AFL, NFL, NHL, NBA, MBL and the national sporting press. They do not want “Soccer” to challenge their businesses, I believe they’re worried about the impact “Soccer” would have on mainstream sports if it took off big style.
    I also stated that if America started taking “Soccer” seriously they will dominate the world game in terms of Natioanl trophies and their League would be the most powerful in the world, leaving the English leagues behind.
    Not sure how I’m wrong.

• hitman

Aug 9, 2014 at 3:42 PM

so with darlow signed,duz this mean krul is off next season.we have had nothing but good news this window,whicch is a total turn around from previous windows under ashley.

• Sazzer

Aug 9, 2014 at 3:45 PM

tequilamag
    It all depends on the striker. If we can find a striker that would make more impact than Grenier, Chucky and Cisse combined then I’m all for it.

• Sazzer

Aug 9, 2014 at 3:46 PM

tequilamag
    Which striker do you want us to sign?

• ToonFromLeeds

Aug 9, 2014 at 3:51 PM

Javier Hernandez would be a fantastic signing

• DokToon

Aug 9, 2014 at 3:54 PM

novo,

and what do you base your opinion on?

i have been an avid soccer fan sincer i was very young.. unfortunately, we didnt have much, the ny cosmos was what i got… i dont see how other sporting owners would be worried about an “extra” sport: alot that own a MLB, NFL or NHL team look into buying an MLS franchise, and thus, by promoting the sport, can also fatten their bank account, and give the soccer fan base more exposure…

i also dont know where you base that we americans dont take soccer seriously,…just because we are relatively new at our league, has no bearing on the passion the soccer fans in the US have…

no offense to the rest of you guys i regularly chat with, but maybe your country isnt taking it seriously enough, how was your run during the world cup, assuming you are english… again, im not disrepecting englands natl team, i support yours a close second to my own countries… just saying, for arguments sake (in a nice way)… i under stand the prem and world cup ar etwo different things, but if you are staing soccer in general, well i think ive made my point…

again, just a polite chat, not trying to be rude or anything at all…

• DokToon

Aug 9, 2014 at 3:56 PM

novo,

perhaps im reading too much into your posts, and if i offended, i do apologize 🙂

• Geremi's Prosthetic Leg Fund

Aug 9, 2014 at 4:07 PM

No Hernandez wouldn’t be a fantastic signing! He does nothing it not scoring and is an impact player. We can’t afford him in our team set up, we already have Cisse for that.

• Sazzer

Aug 9, 2014 at 4:08 PM

ToonFromLeeds
    I can’t see us getting Chicarito. Great player though. Yes he’s for sell an all but we are way down the pecking order.

• Novocastrian66

Aug 9, 2014 at 4:08 PM

No offence taken Dok. Obviously my opinion is based on what I read from a long distance. I know “Soccer” has a massive following in the states and it has a huge number if active players. It’s when it gets to the professional level it seems to fall away. The women’s team is hugely successful but this isn’t being transferred to the men’s game which seems to be smothered.
    If the USA gets it’s act together it will dominate the sport, there appears to be a major movement to prevent it becoming mainstream.

• tequilamag

Aug 9, 2014 at 4:11 PM

Sazzer in an ideal world where MA wanted to loosen the wallet more than usual Bony would be my first choice

• Goofy

Aug 9, 2014 at 4:15 PM

Anyone know if the game’s live on Nufc.co.uk tomorrow? I had a look but couldn’t see anything.

• DokToon

Aug 9, 2014 at 4:17 PM

novo,

too many in the us glorify american football here, basketball and such… i do love american football for sure… i dont think its (“soccer”)repressed… americans in general are programmed to have commercials, time outs and such for getting a beer or whatever… our attention span is quite shorter here as well it seems… not many understand the buildup of a team into the forward third… here in the us, its a “i want action now!” mentality… slowly, but surely, “soccer” is growing here, my son has played it since the age of 4, and wants to play nothing else, which makes me incredibly happy…

the womens soccer team is successful, and i hate to put it this way, but girls do not have much in the way of sport, and them seeing mia hamm, abby womback, alex morgan and the rest gives them hope to play sport professionally.. my opinion.. we as americans have way too many choices on what to spend our entertainment dollars on… my family loves going to the houston dynamo games, since we all are passionate about the beautiful game…

hope i make sense…

• Shaker Shakrah

Aug 9, 2014 at 4:22 PM

Huddersfield , the team that we snatched a draw from them
    in the last minutes are now 3-0 down against Bournemouth
    after an hour of play in the first round of the new season .
    the performance tomorrow MUST improve or our
    expectations will decrease for the next season to be honest !

• toonarmydownsouth

Aug 9, 2014 at 4:22 PM

Dok
    In all honesty, and no offence intended, given the sheer volume of residents in our country in comparison to the USA, you should be walking the WC in comparison but don’t seem to really develop many players
    I fully get what Novo was saying, many Americans i have met very much view football as, well, a girls sport as they put it
    I understand the women’s professional leagues have a far stronger following and the MLS yes is still relatively new but from an outsiders perspective tbh the league seems like a retirement home for players looking for one last big pay cheque, which seems to be the chosen root of boosting its profile, by throwing money to sign “celebrity” players in there twilight years rather than bring through any real talent when it gets to the senior set up
    Don’t get me wrong, England has major fundamental flaws at grass roots level now, mainly due to a pre historic governing body who seem more interest in lining there pockets than keeping the game improving and ensuring the development of youngsters, although steps have started to be put in place it will be years before the national side sees the impact, there even looking to increase the homegrown rule at club level
    Sadly the big appeal in the MLS at the moment seems to be little more than brand recognition and the new franchises that are reported here that are looking to be bought in to seem to be little more than associates of the big European clubs looking to boost there brand and create a feeder club for developing players

Like I’ve said no offence intended, no doubt there is a core of avid supporters, but nationwide the impression given is that the interest only really picks up during the WC

• DokToon

Aug 9, 2014 at 4:29 PM

tads,

no offense at all, nice to have a chat about football here, for once, and not hear the soap opera of pards and hba, 🙂

yes its a shame our natl interest only piques during the world cup… disappointing imo…

the prem wasnt built in a day or a decade, our own club has been around since 1892… same with the mls, it just takes time to grow it, as each natl world cup team progreses, it will garner interest hopefully from the kids and give them a desire to play soccer, like mine did when we watched donovan 4+ years ago…

i only hope i am right, and that the sport grows here.. and shows ambition to get to that highest level internattionally

• Novocastrian66

Aug 9, 2014 at 4:30 PM

Dok, I see American Football and baseball as slow moving sports while ice hokey and basketball are non stop.
    There certainly enough room for all sports to flourish given your population and love of sport.
    I’m looking to visit New York next summer and I fancy going to see a baseball game. I’ve watched some games on the TV here and I quite enjoy it once I work out what’s going on.
    Do you like baseball?

• toonarmydownsouth

Aug 9, 2014 at 4:31 PM

Dok
    Btw this isn’t a swipe at you mate! Not questioning your support at all or doubting that there are passionate fans, just that the view portrayed overseas is that the sport is a bit of a girls sport and that away from the national team there really isn’t a huge interest in the sport

I don’t think the American media do much to help that though tbf, they seem determined to mock support, watched a whole highlight reel of supporters some comedian conducted asking fans in the street how they though Landon Donovan had done this WC, it was funny but cringeworthy to watch at the same time
    Then they get all the commentators who seem hell bent on “americanising” the terminology of the game, which seems to lead to more and more spoofs cropping up like Ted Lasso which perhaps doesn’t help the view of how the support really is

• toonarmydownsouth

Aug 9, 2014 at 4:33 PM

Dok
    Wasn’t going to mention him but seeing as you bought up HBA……:)

• hitman

Aug 9, 2014 at 4:33 PM

i find it funny that americans see football as mainly a girls sport,when there 2 biggest sports are rounders and netball.lol. 😉

• Jay K

Aug 9, 2014 at 4:33 PM

Areet lads

Not sure if reading to much into it but a can’t see the cb we just signed from Forrest in there squad to day anyone think he could be in our squad tomorro

• Thump

Aug 9, 2014 at 4:33 PM

@DokToon: our attention span is quite shorter here as well it seems

That’s an understatement. An American friend of mine once said that he can’t watch any game that allows a goalless draw, I told him that he just can’t handle the tension. Football is about the tactical nuances that can make or break a game, it’s about the near misses as well as the goals. The American psyche just doesn’t allow for that as a whole. It’s a nation built on the foundation of “winning” — perceived or otherwise (see: The New York Rag’s famous headline) — and as a result, a lot of people don’t just dislike football, but actively hate it… until USA is doing well in the World Cup, of course 😉

• Novocastrian66

Aug 9, 2014 at 4:35 PM

Jay K apparently he is carrying a knock.

• Markaccus

Aug 9, 2014 at 4:36 PM

Cultural differences can be massive in sport. I would rather watch grass growing than watch Baseball, for example. IMHO it is the most boring game ever, yet it is the national sport of the US!

• Average_Contents

Aug 9, 2014 at 4:37 PM

Jay k

He’s injured mate and has been loaned back to them as part of the deal so no

• Jay K

Aug 9, 2014 at 4:37 PM

R rite novo cheers for that

• toonarmydownsouth

Aug 9, 2014 at 4:38 PM

Jay K
    No mate he picked up an injury pre season
    They’ve both gone back on loan and apparently there are no recall clauses

• DokToon

Aug 9, 2014 at 4:39 PM

novo,

i was born in nyc, and oved to houston about 11 years ago.. and yes, i do love baseball, huge yankees fan… its more of a strategy game, who does what vs whom… slow, yes, but i do love it… i played ice hockey from 4 until 22, when i blew out my knee…

tads,

ive thick skin, so no worries about me 🙂

the media is just now starting to cover the prem here, so marry that with the growing MLS popularity, and intl natl team matches, and we might lift a trophy one day… by the way, if youve watched the us world cup matches, i am a proud member of american outlaws, the ones who stand and sing the entire match as well…. i am planning on going to russia in 2018 for our matches there 🙂

and so you knwo, my eight year old wears his scarf, and sings with me in our backyard before NUFC matches, much to the annoyance of my neighbors… im not teaching him the colo song yet though lmao

• Thump

Aug 9, 2014 at 4:39 PM

@toonarmydownsouth: just that the view portrayed overseas is that the sport is a bit of a girls sport

In all fairness, who can blame them? In the 70s while we were wearing tight shorts and watching fights on the pitch, Americans were treated to kits like this.

• Sliema

Aug 9, 2014 at 4:42 PM

Jay K

Accidental wishful thinking there mate!

We could really use him this season can’t believe website going into yet another season totally thin at the back and they’re a year slower and older now.

How many do we want to concede? Have the hierarchy at the club mistaken our desire for ‘exciting football’ as a request for more goals, even conceding them!

• DokToon

Aug 9, 2014 at 4:43 PM

thump..

to draw a massive intl squad like england, that was a win for us 🙂

but i hope everyone can realize that, although an american, i am a huge soccer fan, of my intl team, as well as the toon 🙂

• toonbrother

Aug 9, 2014 at 4:43 PM

it doesnt matter who we sign
    with coloshitty in the mix relegation is always a strong possibility

• Goofy

Aug 9, 2014 at 4:43 PM

Really looking forward to the new season. Beating Man City might be out of our reach next Sunday, hopefully a few injuries tomorrow for City in the charity shield (even though their 2nd team is as good as their 1st) or they have a slow start to the season.
    Our season will start against Villa, then we’ll get a better picture of what to expect. I’m happy with our midfield and our new strikers but know we need a tough commanding centre back, Vlaar would be a great signing.
    Was really sad to see Debuchy go but if Janmaat plays anything like he did in the WC we’ll be in for a treat.
    Haidara, Cabella, Goofy and Rivierre all looked really good in our pre-season games, not seen enough of De Jong yet just hoping he can take his captaining skills and command the midfield. We had really poor ending to last season because not one player had a voice when the s*@? hit the fan, De Jong might offer that this season.

• Average_Contents

Aug 9, 2014 at 4:45 PM

India 4 down for 61 caught and bowled Ali! Their in turmoil lol

I know it’s not nufc or even footy related before someone moans but I like cricket and played it quite a bit in my youth plus dok’s (inadvertently) brought up American sports so 😉

• Thump

Aug 9, 2014 at 4:49 PM

@DokToon: I had a bit of a giggle at the result just because of The Sun’s headlines over here. Although I wouldn’t say it was the greatest tie since Bunker Hill, mind 😉

• DokToon

Aug 9, 2014 at 4:49 PM

AC,

cricket confounds me… im as clueless watching cricket as i am about understanding women 🙂

• DokToon

Aug 9, 2014 at 4:52 PM

thump

i recall that front page being shown over here, we also saw one, “the hand of clod” :0

• Sazzer

Aug 9, 2014 at 4:53 PM

tequilamag
    I understand people that want to spend big on Bony. I would’nt be against it unless it’s crazy money.

If Ashley are going to open his wallet though we might as well be greedy, take Grenier and couple of defenders as well.

1 2 3 7