Worrying Statement From Newcastle Transfer Target

Alexandre Lacazette seems to be Newcastle’s top striker target this summer, and we didn’t believe the news that was circulated last week that Newcastle had agreed a fee of £16M with Lyon for the striker, and there’s some worrying news from yesterday –  that the 23 year-old has said he wants to stay at Lyon for next season.

U20 World Cup Soccer France Mali

Alexandre Lacazette – wants to st stay at Lyon next season

Alexandre has said if he leaves Lyon he wants to join a club that plays in the Champions League, and Lyon have been trying to get him to sign a new three year deal, but he still hasn’t signed the new deal, and his current contract still has two years left to run.

But after the 2-0 win yesterday against Rennes this is what Alexandre told French TV station Canal:

“I’ve made the decision to stay for one year or more.”

Newcastle have done very well this summer so far, in bringing in strikers Manu Riviere, Facundo Ferreyra and Ayoze Perez, as well as Siem de Jong and Remy Cabaye,  who can both score goals.

But if the news is to be believed, Newcastle’s recruitment team (Ashley, Charnley, Pardew and Carr) still want one more striker brought in, with tour targets seemingly being Lacazette, Loic Remy and Arsenal striker Joel Campbell.

It’s not the first time that Lacazette has said he may stay at Lyon for next season, and if that happens he should be available next summer at a reduced transfer fee, since he will have only one year left on his contract – which is one reason Lyon want him to sign a new three-year deal.

It’s called protecting your investment, but Alexandre may like the idea of being available at a lower fee next summer, because that could attract a Champions League club next summer.

It’s not particularly good news for Newcastle, about a player who had a great season last season, and scored 23 goals in 46 total appearances for his club and he only just missed out on the 23 man French World Cup squad.

Below are our three social media sites:

• Rotonda heights

Aug 11, 2014 at 8:47 AM

Ed

Don’t think he was ever really coming.

It’s quite ironic that Ash has inadvertently given what a lot of people wanted and banned the press.

No more ”Pardish” – grass, science against us or the best one yet ”the players were too hyped up”

• Average_Contents

Aug 11, 2014 at 8:49 AM

Firebug

I like my life raft mate do I have to let go? But don’t worry I’ll be cheering the lads on in my usual manic way whilst getting told to calm down by the wife because my kids look terrified as I scream and shout at the telly (i don’t go to games anymore because of fatty and his puppet) then proceed to have a mood on if we lose but hey ho

• Average_Contents

Aug 11, 2014 at 8:53 AM

Beermonkey

They probably got it off NUFC TV unless of course parsnips been naughty and spoke 😉

I read somewhere last night that he’s not happy about being told he can’t speak to anyone….I don’t know about anyone else butI’m over the fcuking moon lol 😀

• Jeff from Benwell

Aug 11, 2014 at 8:55 AM

This French news source is saying BenArfa was wrapped in cotton wool this weekend because he’s off to Everton.
    According to them , Martinez is going to change HBA back to an out and out striker, which if you think about it for a few seconds isn’t as daft as it first seems. He needs to replace Gerard Delofeo who cannot prise away from Barcelona this season.

It would obviate his biggest criticism , that he doesn’t cover his full back.
    The thought of HBA and Lukaku in tandem is quite intriguing.

• Jail for Ashley

Aug 11, 2014 at 8:59 AM

RH,
    Are they totally banned ?

• beermonkey

Aug 11, 2014 at 9:00 AM

average

like RH said no more bizarre excuses
    its not bad thing but he loves the press and takes every opportunity to get his mug out there

maybe he can spend some more time coaching and less time thinking of excuse’s and put his mug out there

• firebug666

Aug 11, 2014 at 9:01 AM

Average_Contents

LMAO. I am exactly the same mate, I watch the games with my headphones on and when we score my yells of celebration come out of the blue leaving our last and the kids looking like they just survived a bomb blast as there stair in shocked surprise with open mouths and wide eyes.

I don’t think any of them are as surprised as I am when we score. As for the raft, like I said just climb in and relax a while. Rather than doom and gloom before we kick a ball in anger I was pointing out that this season is a good season for Cautious Optimism instead of Glorious Failure.

Maybe the Glorious Failure was just my analogy.

• toon kk

Aug 11, 2014 at 9:03 AM

MA only does enough to keep us in the premier league. So he’s spent his quoter for the next couple of windows at least. All we’ll get from now on is “we couldn’t get him over the line”

• firebug666

Aug 11, 2014 at 9:04 AM

* our Lass

• Rotonda heights

Aug 11, 2014 at 9:04 AM

jail

Not if they pay

• Beatroll25

Aug 11, 2014 at 9:04 AM

Is anyone in the Newcastle area going to see Ben Arfa when he has his fan meeting?

I’d be very interested to hear the reports

• beermonkey

Aug 11, 2014 at 9:04 AM

jeff

I don’t mind if the club sell benny but I will be bloody miffed if we sell him to everton

I except the fact we might lose players to the top 4 teams and those in the champions league but we don’t have to improve the likes of everton

• Ethiotoon

Aug 11, 2014 at 9:06 AM

1949ptbg
    These guys,lacazatte and Grenier will be world class players in two years time.forget their previous stats,
    lacazatte is utility player,which perfectly suits our recruitment policy,while Grenier should be cabaye replacement, u do agree we haven’t replaced cabaye yet right?well he is the one,surprised no club after him yet.if we get one of them,surely we’ll have a successful season..

• Rotonda heights

Aug 11, 2014 at 9:07 AM

Average @ 2

Welcome to my world. I get filthy looks if we score! Less of a problem these days though!

Lukaku and HBA…mouthwatering….Everton will be even better to watch this season than last.

• 1949BH PROUDTOBEAGEORDIE

Aug 11, 2014 at 9:08 AM

lacazette is over rated by himself his club and agent and should rot at lyon and remy at qpr. watched him against championship level rennes and was ok . scored a pen but is not an out and out striker more a no 10 .watched lorient beat monaco who beat arsenal the previous week .aboubakar got brought down for a pen which he scored. he showed how to play as a striker , with pace and power would fit in at ncle and has a slightly better record playing for a worse team.

• sevenho

Aug 11, 2014 at 9:09 AM

He can go to Celtic. Every year playing in the Champions League 😀

• WestOzMag

Aug 11, 2014 at 9:11 AM

He was never coming anyway. Got over it a long time ago

• Average_Contents

Aug 11, 2014 at 9:11 AM

Firebug

Sounds eerily familiar lol

Beermonkey

Unfortunately once the season kicks in I’m pretty sure he and the club are obliged by the premier league to conduct post and pre-match conferences and more so if we are shown on SKY/BT so his mug albeit unfortunately will be thrust in our faces wirh the usual excuses lol

• 1949BH PROUDTOBEAGEORDIE

Aug 11, 2014 at 9:14 AM

ethiotoon grenier is marv 2 . nobody including lyon want him. if lacazette is so good why is no one else after him.

• mindcompressor

Aug 11, 2014 at 9:49 AM

remy cabella 🙂 not cabaye 🙂

• Shaker Shakrah

Aug 11, 2014 at 9:52 AM

You all should’ve forget about him 3 or 4 weeks ago ! LOL

• banjax

Aug 11, 2014 at 10:04 AM

His reply was to an enquiry made by Liverpool, according to the Mirror newspaper – so do you think there’s a chance he will come to Newcastle ? I’ll leave you to think about that !