Every Single Newcastle Goal In Pre-Season – Video

Here’s a video made by one of readers – Ross Panton (of Gallowgate Tooners) – and Ross has put together a video of every single Newcastle goal scored in pre-season.

So obviously it’s a long video. 😀

Thanks to Ross for putting this together – the Gallowgate Tooners twitter feed is @AffyRossy – so you can take a look at some of their videos there.

Below are our three social media sites:

• Beatroll25

Aug 13, 2014 at 9:54 AM

TADS

Superb post that, I agree completely.

I think someone like De Boer would love the idea of coming to NUFC and changing us for the better.

Many people have the opportunity to manage a club but very few have the opportunity to build one from the ground up.

• Our Toon

Aug 13, 2014 at 9:58 AM

LG

Aarons looks like a proper LW, Townsend has mainly been utilised as a RW always cutting in…he would be Obertan’s replacement in my eyes rather than stumping Aarons who should occupy the LW

TADS

Kaboul is a beast but he isn’t HG which means he’d have to come in to replace MYM I think that would be counter productive. Dawson on the other hand is HG and better than both Saylor and Williamson. He’s also an organiser at the back, constantly talking to his other defenders….A trait no other CB has at our club

Lennon has gone backwards in my opinion, he has pace but his crossing is often poor very rarely doe he whip a ball into the box and very rarely does he get it above shin height. Even if he was a great crosser we don’t have anyone in the box whose immense in the air.

• martoon

Aug 13, 2014 at 9:59 AM

Jeff @2 – I love her definition of ‘Pardewed’ 🙂

• toonarmydownsouth

Aug 13, 2014 at 10:00 AM

Beatroll
    Think most fans would agree it’s what the club as a whole now need

Another manager simply replacing Pardew may well get a better style of play and a few more points on the board but the disruption and fractures would still remain in the background with a valuable asset like the academy rotting away
    This is where Ashley’s biggest failing as a club owner comes into play
    He simply has no idea of what appointments to make in which key areas

• beermonkey

Aug 13, 2014 at 10:01 AM

i wouldn’t be surprised if we sold tiote this is Newcastle after all
    think it would be a mistake to sell him now, he could have a great season with sissoko next him also with our more attacking line should relieve the pressure on area of the pitch i think he could have a really good season

don’t wanna see any players here on loan unless its a defender with an option to buy
    why would we loan that cambel as it would be at the expense of one of the players we have already paid for and there no different from cambel as we don’t know if there going to be good in the prem yet

cant wait for the weekend

• Lilongwe Geordie

Aug 13, 2014 at 10:01 AM

Our Toon,
    He has about the same amount of end product as Obertan I’ll give you that. Personally just don’t rate the lad. He would have to make some drastic changes to his game and style to change my opinion.

He has played predominantly on the right for Spurs, but the lad himself in an interview with 442 said that he only started playing on the right when AVB took over Spurs. Prior to that he was a left winger.

Personally, I think he would offer much more on the left, but still don’t think he would be a good signing.

• Jeff from Benwell

Aug 13, 2014 at 10:01 AM

Lennon won’t come
    He’s distantly related and very pally with Chris Hughton

• Markaccus

Aug 13, 2014 at 10:02 AM

Something about the way Rivvy took his goals, particularly the way he pounced on his first one in NZ, makes me optomistic about him. I know it was just a tap in, bit it was a short quick ball into the 6 yard box and he was on it very quickly. Add in that header and the less-than-easy back post sliding finnish, and he does look a good striker.

• toonarmydownsouth

Aug 13, 2014 at 10:03 AM

Our Toon
    Why would it have to be like for like?
    Why couldn’t Kaboul replace Jonas and give us some depth in cover seeing how injury probe Taylor and colo are?

Think Lennon would work well with Rivière who seems very quick on his feet, those fast low balls across the six yard box would see the lad thrive

• Jeff from Benwell

Aug 13, 2014 at 10:06 AM

That vid confirmed that contrary to siht stirring rumour – Sissoko did acknowledge Obertan

• martoon

Aug 13, 2014 at 10:08 AM

Markaccus @9 – Although he didn’t get many chances at the Real match his movement and running off the ball is pretty good. If he could score in the first game or two in the premiership then his confidence would rise and I think he would be pretty good.
    By the way are you on holiday at the moment?

• Rotonda heights

Aug 13, 2014 at 10:10 AM

deeps

Rojo is one of the best in the world and would have absolutely transformed our defense. Not sure how old he is though so are people saying 20M is too much because of age, as I can’t think of any other reason.

De Boer and co would be the answer to our prayers. Absolute dream ticket to totally transform the club. Real professionals replacing the likes of ” I don’t know any tricks” Stone.

De Boer / pardew

Bergkamp / carver

Stam / Stone

• toonarmydownsouth

Aug 13, 2014 at 10:13 AM

Rotonda
    Rojo? He’s only about 24 i think

• Rotonda heights

Aug 13, 2014 at 10:13 AM

tads

Not sure about kaboul, always seemed to have a touch of the Bramble/saylors to me.

• Lilongwe Geordie

Aug 13, 2014 at 10:14 AM

Rotonda,
    I think he is just 24/25. Not over the hip and his peak years are to come. The stories I’ve read quoted £16million. Personally think he is a great signing. One of the standout players of the World Cup for me, following on from a very good season last year as well.

Would have loved him here, but it isn’t realistic at that price, or with some of the other interest in him.

• Lilongwe Geordie

Aug 13, 2014 at 10:15 AM

Over the hip? Over the hill….

• Rotonda heights

Aug 13, 2014 at 10:16 AM

Tads

In that case I would have been prepared to throw a lot of money at Rojo and fellow argie Colo could have helped him settle in.

Still have nightmares starting the season with Saylor and Willo and sadly now also Colo.

• JamesToon

Aug 13, 2014 at 10:16 AM

I have to admit, a team of de Boer, Bergkamp and Stam would be able to transform NUFC into a consistent top 6 club, even under Ashley, no doubt about it.

• geordie157

Aug 13, 2014 at 10:17 AM

I don’t think we’ll get anymore additions until Jan. Shame as a top striker and cb would give us a chance for 5th or 6th.

Would be funny to sign Wickham on deadline day then the mackems get snubbed last min by a replacement.

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Aug 13, 2014 at 10:19 AM

Jeff…not a bad review!

• Jeff from Benwell

Aug 13, 2014 at 10:20 AM

Rotonda
    Bergkamp and Stam have no track record at all.
    I would have thought Shearer would have made a good manager – we know what happened there.
    Laudrup flattered to deceive
    Ruud Gullit
    All great players but good coaching is not dependant on a glittering playing career.
    Mourinho and Wenger no playing experience at all
    and even Sir Alex Shankly Rogers and SBR hardly set the world on fire when they played

• Our Toon

Aug 13, 2014 at 10:21 AM

TADS

Yeah I see your point on Lennon and with Kaboul. We could just sign Kaboul and not register Jonas for next season (harsh I know). As for Townsend I remember he had a really good spell with floppy chops at QPR

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Aug 13, 2014 at 10:21 AM

I do think we could attain de Boer from Ajax, but most of the back-room staff is former Ajax players. It’s a pride for them to be back at Ajax.

…why would they come here?

• Rotonda heights

Aug 13, 2014 at 10:29 AM

jeff

Sorry I forgot carver and stone have amazing CVs. Bergkamp and Stam would be assistants to De Boer, not the manger ffs!

yes of course not every one will work out. pardew certainly hasn’t, but for every Solksjaer there’s been a Rodgers Martinez, Pochetinno

What you consistently fail to grasp is that with pardew we get cr-p football as well as never coming anywhere near to winning anything.

I could take a 9/10th place if we at least had the consolation of watching some decent football

It’s almost like you would want an enterprising manager to fail just to gleefully say I told you so, while still wallowing in the mediocrity of pardew, carver and stone.

• beermonkey

Aug 13, 2014 at 10:29 AM

depending how things go with charnley and not sure what influence he has had with the fat man over transfers but if he proves to be a success in acting as a buffer between club and fat man
    i have high hope we could attract a decent up and coming manager
    it all hinges on whether this window is just to stop us going down or whether things have changed at the club and we will reinvest
    going to take a year before we know the answer though
    still think we will have to have a dire season for pards to be sacked

• Markaccus

Aug 13, 2014 at 10:32 AM

Martoon

Aye i’m on my third day off. I am having this one to myself, heading to town soon to get a b-day present for my Dad, which i missed doing because of my youngest sons Chicken pox. This trip will result in a pub lunch and a pint or three 😀

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Aug 13, 2014 at 10:35 AM

I just cannot help thinking even if we end up recreating the season where we finished 5th leaguetable-wise (not football-wise), the coach wouldn’t know how he did it and therefor cannot reproduce the event and the owner won’t back him next season. Either because:

a) he thinks we can get by without spending or

b) because he just won’t back the coach with the money

• Ethiotoon

Aug 13, 2014 at 10:36 AM

jfa
    Are u get out of jail or something? you seem to be matured person than most of us.you supported nu for 35yrs but with no clue what has happened on those 35yrs.if you have an issue with non-footballing matters,you can go to the 3rd world and find someone who can share your nonsenses with muppetts.because I only talk football here and don’t have room for your tiny chalks.
    At the end,it’s all about Newcastle united nothing personal with pure nu fans..

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Aug 13, 2014 at 10:37 AM

Mark…you better leave the car at home then 😉

…speaking of which I’ll make like a tree now and leave.

Later

• martoon

Aug 13, 2014 at 10:38 AM

Markaccus @27 – Quite nice having day to yourself.
    I’ll expect your posts later this afternoon to have a few jumbled up words then 🙂

• JDdubai

Aug 13, 2014 at 10:42 AM

I see Gateshead won again, 2 from 2 and 3 goals in each. Any of you guys planning on taking in a game this season? The football they play is how we should be doing.

• martoon

Aug 13, 2014 at 10:44 AM

Ethiotoon @29 – I don’t know what your problem is with JFA but all I can say is that he is a stalwart of this blog and while I don’t always agree with his anti-ashley stance he is consistent in his views, very good to debate with and very entertaining with his ‘……..to good for Ashley’ one liners.

• ilovetoon8788

Aug 13, 2014 at 10:45 AM

Apparently picking up heat all over.

“Newcastle lining up De Boer as Pardew replacement, if points target set by Ashley not achieved by the first few games.”

• Jail for Ashley

Aug 13, 2014 at 10:45 AM

Ethitoon,
    You make me chuckle, yiu didn’t half persist eith the MH17 disaster for a man who only talks football,
    I’m staying in Basingstoke at the weekend and we’re having ti spend the night in Buxton so I can watch the football with a few sherberts.

• nut meg

Aug 13, 2014 at 10:47 AM

Jeff
    SRB got 20 caps for England !

• Lilongwe Geordie

Aug 13, 2014 at 10:47 AM

Ilovetoon,
    Where is that quote from?

• Jail for Ashley

Aug 13, 2014 at 10:48 AM

Thank you Martoon.

• Markaccus

Aug 13, 2014 at 10:48 AM

Jesper

I dont drive these days, but i never took my car to city centre anyway 😀

Martoon

My posts NORMALLY have jumbled up words in them ;’)

• optimistic prime

Aug 13, 2014 at 10:50 AM

Hello fellow dreamers 🙂

Some of you may remember Rebbeca from 7miles away the name i used to post under, moved house etc forgot my password so just made a new account .

Have to admit i got a bit bored with certain people who cant see the wood for the trees and call people names as a way of proving their point, and the conspiracy theory gang who assume a new poster is someone with 2 or more accounts.

Its good to see Beattie came back and hopefully Torq will start posting regularly again.

As its my 1st post for a while i’m not going to sit and rubbish others claims as certain individuals do.

Pre season has been so so, some good some bad and some things just never change.

I’ve been pleasantly surprised by two players in pre season, Aarons nice to see a young lad take his chance and do his job well. The 2nd and probably the most surprising was Cabella, and i dont mean his skill, he’s not shy to get his boot in a hard tackle which i didnt expect from such a slight lad and it put a smile on my face when he booted a couple Socied defenders up a height.

Cant wait for Sunday and as always im optimistic for the season ahead and not expectant….

1 2 3 6