Loic Remy Now Likely To Stay At QPR Next Season

QPR manager And Redknapp hopes that striker Loic Remy will stay with QPR for the coming season, although Harry’s a little bit worried that a top club could come in for him towards the end of the transfer window.

loic remy at hull

Loic Remy – in action last season for Newcastle

This is what Harry Redknapp has said about his French International striker today:

“You hope that doesn’t happen.” “But at the end of the day, if he’s got a buy-out clause there’s very little you can do about it I would imagine.¨ “That would be the worst scenario.¨

“I don’t think he would want to do that either to us. He’s a good lad, (and) he’s got a good relationship with the Chairman.¨ “With a week to go before the window closes, we all need to know where we’re going. I don’t think he would suddenly walk away the day before.¨

“I think he’s too decent a guy to do that.” “I sat down with him when he came back, but I didn’t have to persuade him, we sat down and he just said ‘look, I’m back, I want to play, I’m here’.”

“So unless something comes up Champions League or something massive for him, he would like to stay here and play.¨ “And he’s shown that attitude every day on the training ground, I couldn’t have asked for more from him.¨

“He’s been great, he’s worked hard, he’s done his running, he’s got himself fit, he’s a proper professional and that’s all you can ask.¨ “There have been several clubs that have rung up about him, in the Premier League, but I don’t think that they would be clubs that he would particularly want to leave QPR for.¨

“We hope Loic will stay, he’s a fantastic player and his attitude since he’s been back has just been absolutely first-class¨ “He’s trained great and we’re hoping that he’ll be here at the start of the season – but you never know.

“I’m not trying to sell him because we don’t want to sell him.¨ “For me really, he should be a £20m striker, in comparison to others that are getting sold for £12M (like Shane Long for example).¨

“To have lost him for the amount that we were going to, he would have been too cheap.¨ “And to have him back here is fantastic for us.¨ “I want to keep him, the chairman wants him to stay, and we hope that he does stay.¨

“When I looked at what he was going to go for to Liverpool, it was a fantastic buy for Liverpool at that money.¨ “So their loss is our gain I think.”

What Harry says was reflected in the way Loic conducted himself at Newcastle last season, and he was very professional until near the end of the season.

In March, April and early May he seemed to be protecting himself, and seemed a bit unwilling to play for Newcastle in case he got injured and couldn’t play in the World Cup for France, and although fit he wasn’t in the match-day squad for our final game of the season at Liverpool.

It looks to us that unless a club in the Champions League comes in for him, Loic will just stay at QPR, and we suppose he hopes some other club will come in for him in January or next summer.

But we think Newcastle could well have given up on Loic Remy – since he’s had so many chances to sign for us this summer.

You can follow us on our three social media sites below:

• G

Aug 14, 2014 at 3:14 PM

… purely for shop-window purposses of course. No doubt there will be a press conference with the usual badge kissing, ‘its an honour to play for…’ etc… which translates to “I am here for now, for financial reasons, until I get a better offer”. I would respect players more if they just said that.

• Average_Contents

Aug 14, 2014 at 3:16 PM

Hmmmmm 170000 or 52000 I know which I’d prefer even if I didn’t support the toon! Money talks at the end of the day though and so does ambition

• BourneToon9

Aug 14, 2014 at 3:17 PM

Shame, but I really think we should move on from Remy. He has turned us down twice now, once too many.

• Our Toon

Aug 14, 2014 at 3:18 PM

Our Toon

August 14, 2014

Optimistic Prime

You asked me about Hernandez yesterday mate but I had to dash…I think he’s a really good finisher but needs service like all strikers. Only seen him play a couple of times and been impressed with him

• Black and White with an army lol

Aug 14, 2014 at 3:18 PM

Remy? no thanks 😉

• G

Aug 14, 2014 at 3:18 PM

@3 100% agreed. We should move on. He’s made it clear to me that he doesn’t want to come here. I bet he would change his tune if we are in the top 6 come the January window mind? (Not saying we will be btw)

• Black and White with an army lol

Aug 14, 2014 at 3:22 PM

Abel is quick but is prone to injury, and he can’t handle pressure very well so his composure must be low.

it would be a waste of money to bring Hernandez here BUT though he is left footed and can also play on the LW, but on the other hand he’s an Obertan on the wing.

skilled, quick but can’t cross for sh!t

• Our Toon

Aug 14, 2014 at 3:24 PM

No thanks on Remy

• Black and White with an army lol

Aug 14, 2014 at 3:24 PM

we need someone like Hernandez from Manure not Palermo

• Tino99

Aug 14, 2014 at 3:27 PM

when i enter 3178-173427 into the premier league fantasy football section it says it is invalid. can someone help me?

• optimistic prime

Aug 14, 2014 at 3:29 PM

Our toon

Cheers only seen him on youtube and he only scores pens or hits post lol. But never trust youtube anyway I’d look good.

On Remy

Glad he’s not coming, nowt to do with out except he seems like a odious little cretin. Reminds me of Michael Owen thanks but no thanks.

• jimiley

Aug 14, 2014 at 3:37 PM

Why would Remy rather stay at QPR than move to the Toon? We are supposed to be a top 6 team. Pards must be gash.

• Markaccus

Aug 14, 2014 at 3:43 PM

No, he has a good relationship with his wage packet.

• Whumpie

Aug 14, 2014 at 3:48 PM

Jimiley – come on, is that really a question? It’s not the manager, it’s about 110,000 reasons in his bank account every week.

BUT in his defence, I don’t think I’ve ever seen a player who is quite to clearly driven by money rather than loyalty but who still delivers the goods regardless. It’s kind of annoying, but impressive at the same time; he’ll train hard and score goals… for whoever’s paying for them.

• Our Toon

Aug 14, 2014 at 3:50 PM

Whumpie

He gets paid to score goals in fact he pucks up a nice goal bonus in the process so probably why he’s as “professional” as he is mate

• Our Toon

Aug 14, 2014 at 3:51 PM

Pucks? Probably picks up

• WLtoon

Aug 14, 2014 at 3:56 PM

@6
    Even if we were in the CL, Remy would not come here, simply because we dont pay the wages he wants, its simple really.
    QPR are in the position to keep his services because they showed the ambition to sign him in the first place.
    Ok, he,s playing in front of the lowest crowds in the Prem,but what will QPR care, if his goals keep them up.
    We will never sign a marquee striker while Ashley is at the club,especially when you consider the ridiculous prices that average strikers are being sold for in this window,Long for 12M is a prime example.
    Based on that, i think Remy would be priced atat least 20M ,and we hav,nt got a hope in hell of spending that much on 1 player.
    Why does,nt everyone just accept that we will be bargain hunters for the foreseeable futue, sometimes its a good thing, but NOT to the extent where it is putting our prem survival at risk,that is unforgivable.

• Jeff from Benwell

Aug 14, 2014 at 3:57 PM

Rotonda
    Point by Point

Our top scorer at the time Ba said ”we do not play beautiful football” shortly before being sold.

To Chelsea who Pardew is supposed to emulate

Last season Captain Colo also openly criticised Pardew’s tactics.

No he didn’t , he criticised his teammates

Jonas criticised our fitness levels and training

Somebody must have listened to him cos we recruited a fitness guru from Everton

Ben Arfa – say no more.

Why say no more ?
    Because you know he’s in the wrong?

Also you mention our 2 Spanish speakers as criticising fitness levels then mention Fat Benny – weird!

Cabaye : while not openly criticising Pardew despite not being played in his correct position until his final few games even went on strike to get away.

So why bring the greedy little erk into the debate ?

Debuchy issued veiled comments about how he was allowed to get forward for France.

All full backs whinge about being reined in from the Neville brothers to Dolly Parton – sorry – Warren Barton

• Whumpie

Aug 14, 2014 at 3:58 PM

Our Toon – two points on that:
    1. So why don’t many others do the same? Michael Owen is the obvious example, but there are plenty more.
    2. I’ve never understood why people think money can change human nature. “I’d be happier if I had more money”, “I’d play better if I had more money”, “I could juggle broken bottles with my ears if I had more money”.

It’s just a personal annoyance. As someone who’s seen everything from skint and homeless to silly income, it’s just nonsense.

You can either motivate yourself or you can’t. You can either play or you can’t. Who you’re doing it for and the environment you’re doing it in can have a big impact – but how much you’re being paid? Nah.

• optimistic prime

Aug 14, 2014 at 4:00 PM

Off thread but I missed the last one sorta, I’d like to talk about Roll Over the Clown or cpt colo as you know him.

Since he came to the club he’s been average at best except possibly the season we finished 5th and in the Championship.
    His only real attribute he’s ever had was his reading of the game as he won’t head it gets muddled off the ball easily and often.

His lack of interest in the club has shown as much in his play and his holidays mid season to Argintina. His performances in the last two years have been 5h1t he’s slow can’t organise the defence and points the finger everywhere but at himself.

On Sunday in the first half I watched from behind goal in the Gallowgate from ten rows back behind the goal.
    I watched him fail to track his man 3 times only for Krull once and Willo twice save him, Colo then pointed his finger everywhere including Willo.

The man is useless and doesn’t belong at the club never mind Cpt!

I don’t understand the people who sing the song about letting him shag their wife as the mams average at best and always has been.

I think they sing that songs because they waant to shag him!

Must be the 80’s perm reminds them of Heather Locklier or some think. Who knows

• Rotonda heights

Aug 14, 2014 at 4:01 PM

macas

Do you think it’s acceptable for a manager to allow a team to throw in the towel for half a season after only one man is sold.

For the last 2 years people were saying cabaye was being played too deep.

Why is it pardew apologists are always having to make as many excuses as the man does himself.

If Debuchy’s strengths were bombing forward why not play to those and try and score some goals instead of trying to defend and still conceding a record number of goals and scoring hardly any at the right end.

Why do we never get any answers. Simple, you don’t have any credible ones.

• optimistic prime

Aug 14, 2014 at 4:03 PM

Musled off the ball

• Whumpie

Aug 14, 2014 at 4:04 PM

WLtoon – good point about who we buy – but I actually quite like that.

If we spent £20m on Remy, what’s the best outcome?

That he gets a lot of goals and just about justifies his cost.

What’s the worst outcome?
    That he fails and we’ve wasted £20m.

Compare that with Rivvy:
    Worst outcome: Fails dismally, sell on for £500k, lose a few mil. Nothing ventured, eh.

Realistic outcome: He gets 10 goals; good return for a low outlay. Probably worth more than what we paid.

Good outcome: Scores 20, becomes a £25m striker. Outstanding result for a leap of faith on a player based on a lot of research and good judgement. Yes, we could sell him, but that funds five new, similar acquisitions and moves us further up the ladder.

In short (too late) I get much more excited about an uknown with potential to exceed expectations, than a known with the potential only to meet them.

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Aug 14, 2014 at 4:06 PM

Thank you Remy thank you…I owe you one 😀

Dok…that one with the one $ coin still cracks me up! lol

By the way who said Shaw is out 4 weeks? He is in my team 🙁

• optimistic prime

Aug 14, 2014 at 4:09 PM

I don’t think Pardew can see a players best position which is his biggest fault as a manager in my opinion.

You all mention different players in different positions, the best we have ever played under Pardew was 4 3 3 season we finished 5th!
    Benny the only time he’s been used to his best ability and the rest where they should be.

It’ll blow his tiny mind having options this year!

I might get a ticket to watch him go mad the place is like an asylum at times 😉

• Spoof

Aug 14, 2014 at 4:11 PM

“I don’t think he would suddenly walk away the day before.¨

is that right Harry, may I remind you that he done exactly that to us ?

• Whumpie

Aug 14, 2014 at 4:12 PM

Rotunda – do you actually have any other sodding records? This one’s scratched to hell.

Latest survey shows most people think AP is ‘average’ with a fairly even split between opinions either side of that and very few at the extremes. I suspect you’re in the 16% who clicked the lowest rating on the manager. Fair enough – but please start to get the idea that despite the squeaky wheels on here, only one in six supporters share your out-and-out hatred of the man.

In other words: for the love of banter on ANY other subject – just bloody drop it, will ya?

• martoon

Aug 14, 2014 at 4:14 PM

optimistic prime @21 – I was sitting on the half way line and I didn’t think Colo was as bad as you say but what I did notice is that Willo is quite vocal and was organising the the fullbacks to hold the line – I was plesantly surprised.

• optimistic prime

Aug 14, 2014 at 4:16 PM

My Cliff Richards and the young ones records are worthless now 🙁

• toon kk

Aug 14, 2014 at 4:17 PM

So many seem dead against Remy, he may not want to come to us but has he been bid for?? MA wouldn’t pay for him anyway.
    At least he came last season and remember one thing we would be playing our football in the championship this season if he hadn’t. I would love to see him at Newcastle.

• DokToon

Aug 14, 2014 at 4:18 PM

jesper,

for xmas, ill mail you one of thse coins, to keep a smile on your face 🙂

• Whumpie

Aug 14, 2014 at 4:21 PM

Back on Remy – sorry for outburst, but I feel much better thanks….

I suspect he’s feeling rather stupid. He did well for us last year, but 15 goals isn’t exactly Messi territory. He may want to play in the CL, but the fact is – they don’t want him that much.

So you never know. I’m pretty cetain that anything his “face like a bee-keeper’s apprentice” manager says is bollocks, so there is every change he’ll walk on the final day of the window.

And so could his manager. Again.

• optimistic prime

Aug 14, 2014 at 4:21 PM

Ye Willo was solid Colo was lost three or four times but Real weren’t breaking a neck so it probably didn’t look to bad bt Willo cleared twice for hm. And when we scored Sissoko did turn he back on Obetan, I was jumping up and down and as it happens me and my nephew just looked at each other it was a defo jog on. Don’t know if it was because the players where celebrating with Oba just as much but it was clear as day!

• pawl250

Aug 14, 2014 at 4:23 PM

Why are people walloping on about how many people he will play infront of?

I have never known a player to come out and openly say the fact this club has more supporters on a match day to make the difference and therefore make me sign for this team with a bigger crowd.

Footballers care about themselves, therefore money and location are the biggest factors along with achieving something in your career i.e. winning the league or playing for your country at World Cup etc.

Remy is in London, has a nice pay packet and quite simply has a more ambitious club and better manager at the helm.

QPR will spend alot of money in the next few years providing they stay in the league and I have no doubt they will be the next team to enter the top 7 race. They will also attempt to win cups, which our club openly stated we have no interest in.

Why would he want to sign for us again? Oh the crowds….. yeah right.

• Whumpie

Aug 14, 2014 at 4:24 PM

I hope there isn’t a problem between Sissoko and Oba; we need options to combine those two – Sissoko’s strength and Oba’s pace.

(Blimey. Didn’t think I’d even be mentioning Oba this season, but there you go….)

• Rotonda heights

Aug 14, 2014 at 4:25 PM

optimistic

more weak management by pardew, as per Ba.

Colo should never have just walked straight back in when Willo and MYM were doing well.

Pardew said ” I couldn’t look mapou in the eye”

ffs Colo doesn’t even want to be here! should have cut our losses

• DokToon

Aug 14, 2014 at 4:26 PM

rotunda,

ive always been a pardew apologist… i apologize for him each and every week that he is stll our manager…

• optimistic prime

Aug 14, 2014 at 4:27 PM

Whumpie

Hahaha

Pawl

If I was a pro I’d ask them to move NUFC to Barcalona and if they could it would be a tough tough choice mate, I like girls in Bikinis to much 😉

1 2 3 9