Newcastle Players More Settled With A New Found Belief

Last season at this time Newcastle started the season in the worst possible way, because not only did we know that Arsenal had bid for Yohan Cabaye, but Yohan refused to play when the side arrived at Manchester City, and a number of players – notably Cabaye’s best friend Mathieu Debuchy – just had terrible games at the Emirates Stadium as they were affected by the situation.

Alan Pardew sydney fc-3

Alan Pardew – directing traffic

And if didn’t help that Steven Taylor committed  a stupid foul on Sergio Aguero and he managed to get himself sent off just before half time – just in case things were not bad enough. 🙁

But our lads did fairly well in the second half with 10 men,  but we were still well beaten 4-0, and things didn’t look good at all after the game.

In his press conference today manager Alan Pardew has talked about the uncertainty last year at this time, but things are much better right now:

¨At this time last season we were in dispute with our midfield player. When we got off that bus, was he going to play or was he not going to play?¨ ¨The difference now is we’re much more settled.” The disruption of that unsettled us.¨

¨We lost a player – Steven Taylor to a red card – in the first half, which is maybe a consequence of the frustration we were all sharing.¨ ¨We have a new-found sense belief and players grow when they see new signings.¨

¨If you see more quality around you feel more confident.¨ ¨The players who have been here a while see that the group is bigger and stronger.¨ ¨I do feel we can give them a good game.¨  ¨In terms of players we have now got a really strong group which makes my job easier.¨

¨There is some real quality offensively, which we didn’t have at the back end of last season.¨  ¨I’m looking forward to putting them on the pitch and bringing back a brand of football, that the fans like to see.¨

‘There are a few players out,  and normally that would be too big a blow against a team like Man City, but we’re able to cope and that shows the strength in depth we’ve got.¨

¨We go in good spirits with a fit, strong team and hopefully we’ll give Man City a much better game than we did last season.¨

We expect to see a much better performance than we gave in our first game last year, and it looks like it will be a sell-out crowd at St. James’ Park – hopefully the first of many for this coming season.

And while it’s a pity Siem de Jong and Cheick Tiote are not available through injury,  it does give an opportunity to some of our other players to step in and play very well against the Premier league Champions.

We want to see a spirited, skillful and good performance from Newcastle United on Sunday afternoon, and who knows we may even get something out of what is a very tough game.

Heres hoping.

You can follow us on our three social media sites below:

• catchy in norway

Aug 15, 2014 at 4:56 PM

lmao

he was in dispute with cabaye on the bus in front of the rest of the squad

what a manger

• Our Toon

Aug 15, 2014 at 4:57 PM

REPOST!!

TADS

You are right mate and I apologise to you, the mainstream media is also in the wrong but unfortunately I can’t apologise for them. I should have come to you first seeing as you were involved…the meeting between the 2 P’s and TADS!!

I’m going by what is reported and what sources have leaked to the press, you clearly took offence to what I said earlier and are now simply trying to latch onto any debate possible, I’ll stick to what I read from actual insiders and you sir can continue to listen to your local palace fan, who probably knows as much as me and you do about the inner workings of both respective clubs.

were you taking the minutes for the meeting between the 2 P’s and the TADS? If yes can you send them over to me and educate me on the matter please. I thank you in advance

• GeordieTwo

Aug 15, 2014 at 5:12 PM

The proof is in the pudding Alan. Let’s see what you can do with this squad after alienating several of our best players last season and getting suspended yourself.

• Whumpie

Aug 15, 2014 at 5:12 PM

Catchy – where exactly does he say that?

Jesus; it’s just amazing. He could win every game in the season, cure cancer and resurrect Elvis and you’d find a way to have a crack at him.

Everything he’s said there makes complete sense. I don’t think it’ll stop him losing, but he has said exactly what you should want to hear.

I hope we play brilliant, attacking football on Sunday just because that’s what we should all want. But right now I want it so much more because it’ll shut you lot the f**k up.

• Blubber tits

Aug 15, 2014 at 5:12 PM

Get out of our club, get out of our cluuuuub!

• optimistic prime

Aug 15, 2014 at 5:13 PM

It makes no difference at all and I ain’t think Pardew will pick this side but with what we’ve got my them would be.

Gk Krull
    Fb Janmatt, Hyadra
    Cb Will I M’biwa
    Dm Tiote Anita
    Am Cabella Sissoko Gouffran
    S. Rivierre

I think he’ll play 4 2 3 1 that’s what I based my selections on, I was tempted to go for Aaorns instead of Gouffran but easy swap 🙁

• Blubber tits

Aug 15, 2014 at 5:15 PM

I’m attending to purely give Pardupe abuse for 90 minutes from my vantage point of about 50ft away.

• Whumpie

Aug 15, 2014 at 5:15 PM

Jesus; here we go again…

Catchy @1 – where exactly did he say that? He didn’t. There is NOTHING to suggest he was stood there arguing with Cabaye in front of the team.

Same old crap; just twisting stuff to your own, jaded agenda, thread after thread.

What he’s said here is completely reasonable, and exactly what you SHOULD be hoping to hear.

He may regret it, of course…

• Whumpie

Aug 15, 2014 at 5:16 PM

Blubber – great going; that’ll really help. Well done. I hope someone pisses in your bovril.

• Vagabond of the Western World

Aug 15, 2014 at 5:16 PM

@optimistic prime

Tiote is injured mate. More than likely be Anita and Colback in the middle.

• GeordieTwo

Aug 15, 2014 at 5:16 PM

We are better than the following treams:
    Leicester, Crystal Palace, Burnley, Swansea, Southampton, Sunderland, Hull
    We are worse than the following teams:
    Chelsea, Man City, Liverpool, Man U, Arsenal, Spurs, Everton.
    Therefore we will finish between 8th and 13th. A lot will depend on injuries and whether the new lads can handle the Prem. I pick 12th for us.

• optimistic prime

Aug 15, 2014 at 5:17 PM

Scratch Tiote was half asleep I reckon Colback will play

• optimistic prime

Aug 15, 2014 at 5:18 PM

Vagabond
    Cheers realised as I re read it 😉

• Blubber tits

Aug 15, 2014 at 5:18 PM

Whumpie

Thanks for the kind words and good wishes.

• Whumpie

Aug 15, 2014 at 5:19 PM

I’m worried about the whole back half of the team. Colback’s new; our CBs are… well, our CBs. And their attack is, well, bloody quick and clever.

BUT if the mackems can shred ’em when they’re at their strongest, we should have some chance 1st game out.

If Pardew actually does what he’s saying then I’ll take losing. Just score some sodding goals on the way!!

• Whumpie

Aug 15, 2014 at 5:20 PM

Blubber – any time mate 🙂

GeordieTwo – dammit, stop being sensible and reastic! Let us live in ignorance for just one more day!!

• Whumpie

Aug 15, 2014 at 5:21 PM

Actually, I hate Bovril. A bit of quality wee may improve it. As long as you’ve not had asparagus.

I really need to go home now, eh.

• Average_Contents

Aug 15, 2014 at 5:22 PM

Whumpie

I agree with you about the bus arguing as it never said that but blaming Cabaye not playing for saylor getting sent off is ridiculous mate, remember what you said about clutching at straws lol! Why does he always go back to cabs….he’s gone get over it I think it’s the second or third time parsnips mentioned it since the season ended!

Getting on my fcuking nerves now, thank god he can’t use it this season 😀

• GeordieTwo

Aug 15, 2014 at 5:22 PM

Player(s) of the season for us: the Belgian midget strikers Karl and Stephan.
    Best news of the season: Pards gets the sack.
    2nd best news of the season: Ash gets arrested for budgie molestation again.

• GeordieTwo

Aug 15, 2014 at 5:24 PM

Ta Whumpie. As you know I’m always sensible and realistic. I’m also headstrong, manly, and a lovely bit of tiffin for any of you mature lasses out there. Beautiful.

• Vagabond of the Western World

Aug 15, 2014 at 5:26 PM

Could we see Tiote sold and Richards brought in under the one in one out theory?

They’re not like for like by any stretch, but go with me on this…

Tiote is an asset. A defensive midfielder sure, but a player just like any other in Mike Ashley’s eyes.

And we’re all fully aware that they tried to move Mbiwa out on loan earlier in the window – that fell through due to the wage package.

So if Tiote is signing for Arsnenal (as has beem rumoured) then it theory it makes room for a player in the squad.
    Charnley will have the short list but potentially we could see a case where Pardew asks for the player in to fill that position to be a defender.
    Like i say – all just one asset for another asset in Mike’s syes.

It could be that Richards comes in and Tiote goes.
    Furthermore; Pardew has played Santon in a defensive midfeield position before and may see him as a candidate to fill the position vacated by Tiote should he leave.

He would still have Dummet as back up to Haidara in the left back position, and Colback can play there too.

In midfield he would have a combination of 2 from Sissokko, Colback, Anita and potentially Santon going by this theory.

I’m not saying any of this is true. I’m just trying to second guess what’s going on at the miniute with these Richards rumours.

I suspect nothing, and my theory is completely academic. But this is the place to talk about it right?

• Beatroll25

Aug 15, 2014 at 5:26 PM

Has anyone heard the rumour that we night be in for James Triosi?

No? Okay then, well keep your ears to the ground.

• GeordieTwo

Aug 15, 2014 at 5:28 PM

I’m just going to sit back and relax and enjoy the season…..Until we lose the first match that is. 😥

• Mister Tuff

Aug 15, 2014 at 5:29 PM

Whumpie you posted :-
    “I always want us to go out and play an attacking blinder of a game, but right now I want that more than every before just because it’ll shut you lot the f**k up!!”

When we get our arses twanged on Sunday it might just shut you up. That will be bliss for the rest of us.

• GeordieTwo

Aug 15, 2014 at 5:30 PM

Nobody is focusing on the Belgian midget strikers Ricardo and Esteban. Excellent. They are staying under the radar. They’re not getting enough playing time though. And they are very short tempered. Pardew beware.

• ilovetoon8788

Aug 15, 2014 at 5:31 PM

Pardew needs to be reminded of our record against city. Have not won them since 2005. Last 10 meetings are all defeats. And it will continue..

• optimistic prime

Aug 15, 2014 at 5:33 PM

G2

I can’t agree with us being better than any teams at the minute.
    Our 2014 form puts us bottom of the football league on points gained.

Hopefully it can only get better.

• GeordieTwo

Aug 15, 2014 at 5:33 PM

Nobody should doubt the sinceriousness of Alan Pardew. This is a man we can trust. This is a man with a sharp pencil. We’re in safe hands mates. Another mediocre finish for us.

• DokToon

Aug 15, 2014 at 5:33 PM

i now see we have ppl that tell us when and what we can say.. whew…

• Vagabond of the Western World

Aug 15, 2014 at 5:33 PM

Is De Jong being saved for Villa?

Let loose on a team where he will be afforded more time and space?

Away from home, we will play the counter attacking game… get it into his feet and let him pull the strings with those around him?

Somewhat of an unknown – Villa don’t know what to expect from him?

Or, is he just injured?

• Rotonda heights

Aug 15, 2014 at 5:34 PM

whumpie

it’s funny how you say people repeat themselves but jeez you do the same thing every b—y day, just with the opposite viewpoint. So shouting louder makes you right does it?

• ilovetoon8788

Aug 15, 2014 at 5:34 PM

I can’t see us finishing above 9th with a dinosaur in charge. Good players are here because they know we don’t fight to keep them. Just a stepping stone.

• GeordieTwo

Aug 15, 2014 at 5:35 PM

Lee Charnley for Prime Minister!!!
    Alan Pardew for England manager!!!

• Beatroll25

Aug 15, 2014 at 5:36 PM

Just remember who mentioned James Triosi first…

• GeordieTwo

Aug 15, 2014 at 5:38 PM

Things are looking up optimistic prime! Wor Alan has new players to ruin but it will take time. We will get points early in the season despite anything Pards does. Beautiful.

• tequilamag

Aug 15, 2014 at 5:39 PM

I see Catchy and the pitchfork brigade have been in fine form today cranking up the misery levels before a ball has even been kicked..
    I think the only thing we can really predict this season is catchy stinking up the blog when we lose and being far too busy to post when we win

• Markaccus

Aug 15, 2014 at 5:39 PM

Beatroll

ooh ooh, i know the answer……. was it you who mentioned triosi first???? 😀

• Big Pappa Cissé

Aug 15, 2014 at 5:40 PM

Pardew’s team for tomorrow :

—————————Krul—————————-

–Janmaat——–Willo——–Collo——–Haidara–

————-Anita———————Colback———–

—Sissoko————–Cabella————Gouffran—

—————————Rivierre————————-

If not that then he will play 4-4-2 and probably start Obertan .

• GeordieTwo

Aug 15, 2014 at 5:40 PM

We have numerous striker options now. For good attacking teams we have the midget strikers Georgio and Miguel. For mediocre clubs we bring in Shortstrokes late in the second half. For all other occasions we pray. 😯

• Dennis Twice

Aug 15, 2014 at 5:41 PM

Attack Toon attack attack!!!!!!!

1 2 3 5