Pardew Explains Why He Is A Lucky Man

Alan Pardew has rather surprisingly talked about his relationship with the owner Mike Ashley, and it seems that Ashley has brough in a number of good players because Alan Pardew had told him we needed them, and Mike seemed to have been convinced.

lee charnley pardew and ashley

The big 3 at Newcastle United – Charnley, Pardew and Ashley
Tap, tap – Mike excuse me

Or maybe he watched just some of the 13 defeats in our final 19 league games, and came to that conclusion entirely on his own, as the majority of Newcastle United fans did – that we needed reinforcements big time.

But in any case, it’s been a very good transfer window for Newcastle so far, and there are even stories that we want two or three more players brought in before the windows slams shut.

Here is what Alan Pardew said as part of his press conference today:

“When I signed the new contract, Mike always knew there would be ups and downs for both of us.” “He stood by me and this feels like an up time for me. He’s armed me again. He’s stood by me.”

“One thing I can always give him an honesty of where we are and he listens – that’s why so many players have entered the building. We needed them.”

“It’s that kind of relationship you can only hope for as a Premier League manager, and I’m lucky enough to have it. I hope I can repay him this season.”

“In terms of players, we have now got a really strong group which makes my job easier.” “There is some real quality offensively, which we didn’t have at the back end of last season.”

It’s also not surprising that Alan Pardew feels indebted to Mike Ashley – because there were strong calls for the manager to be fired after that Hull City affair on March 1st, when he head-butted Hull’s David Meyler on the touch-line.

And Alan is in danger of losing his job very quickly,  if we see just one more of those episodes,  and we are quite sure he’s been told that by Mike Ashley.

We hope that Alan can control himself in the coming season, and maybe even have a good season, like we did two years ago.

It seems going against the grain these days to be positive about Newcastle United – but that’s exactly how I feel at the moment.

Especially if we can get two or three more good players coming through the door during the summer,

We’ll have a decent chance to see how we can do next season by the end of the game against Manchester City on Sunday afternoon.

A point out of that game would be an excellent result for Newcastle.

Howay The Lads!!

You can follow us on our three social media sites below:

• Belfast

Aug 15, 2014 at 11:00 PM

Cringe worthy stuff.
    Teachers pet.

Think you only kept your job, because your mate Dekka was daft enough to give you and your staff 8 year contracts to be honest.

Sorry for being a negative, but it’s the truth.

• Thump

Aug 15, 2014 at 11:02 PM

Lucky is an understatement.

Sometimes, when a chairman wants rid of a manager without having to pay off their contract, they’ll choke their assets and force them to do poorly. Withholding transfer budgets, not getting transfers over the line etc. Just imagine that this was Ashley’s game after that season in Europe. This daft kernt stuck about, probably under the complete belief that Ashley wanted him to stay.

Not saying that is what happened, mind. They’re both a pair of useless fcukers as far as I’m concerned.

• Sliema

Aug 15, 2014 at 11:04 PM

Belfast

He kept his job cause MA wants a manager who doesn’t stand up for himself.

Nothing to do with his contract, I would bet my life that MA has worked in numerous clauses which avoid the usual payout when firing a prem manager.

• optimistic prime

Aug 15, 2014 at 11:11 PM

Stories of another 2 or 3 coming in?

Can we shuffle the squad to accommodate or do we need to sell?

There’s a few if like gone or out on loan!

I’d don’t want to talk about this thread sorry.

• Belfast

Aug 15, 2014 at 11:13 PM

Remember him dedicating a win to Ashley last season at one point. Straight after the game.

It was all very strange.

He privately thinks Ashley is a knob no doubt.

• dcdick

Aug 16, 2014 at 1:11 AM

Lucky man Pardew ?

More like unlucky football club

Pardew Out !!!

• AmericanGeordie

Aug 16, 2014 at 2:57 AM

I’m glad Ed is feeling so “positive” about our prospects this year. I’m hopeful about the season too, but I’d feel A LOT better if we brought in:

1. A proven striker, like Loic Remy
    2. A creative midfielder to replace Cabaye, like Clement Grenier. (Unlike the conventional wisdom out there, I think Cabella replaces Ben Arfa, not Cabaye.)
    3. A shutdown center half like Ryan Shawcross.

We are clearly in a situation now where we need to sell before we buy. Not so much to raise cash to pay transfer fees, but to clear wages off the books.

• ToonMatt

Aug 16, 2014 at 7:15 AM

A very touching tale, I can’t wait for the day someone buys the club and gets rid of these parasites.

• NEWEXPATMAGPIE

Aug 16, 2014 at 8:29 AM

“LUCKY ” ! I think that is an understatement ?

I,m willing to bet that Fat Ash will have to pay millions to Pardew if he ever gets to the point where he will have to sack him !

This all means that the club is stuck with both of them for the time being !

Curious about how its going to go against Citeh the morrow?