This Is The Result Newcastle Fans Expect Today

In our poll on the outcome of our first Premier League game today at home to PL Champions Manchester City,  close to 50% think we will lose again – for the 11th time in a row.

alan pardew close up in black

First few games very important for Alan Pardew

Here are the results of our poll at the moment with over 3,500 readers having already cast their vote.

How Will Newcastle Fare Against Manchester City?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

And in case you haven’t already voted now’s the time to get that vote in.

About one in four fans think we will win the game – and one in four think we can get a draw, which would be a very good result for us.

But it’s going to be important for Alan Pardew to get the team off to a decent start this season, otherwise he could be under severe pressure, given the poor results of the previous two seasons – and especially the second half of last season when we seemed to just fall apart.

You can follow us on our three social media sites below:

• jazzyp

Aug 17, 2014 at 9:41 AM

Well it’s match day lads and game face is on lol. Setting off soon on the 300 mile round trip to SJP. This is what the PL is about and what we all live for……A full house roaring to the rafters, Jesus I bet Cabella and Riviere will have goose bumps running down their spines.
    If Man city are anything like last week then they are there for the taking.
    I hope if we do go one down the boos don’t start as we need to get behind the team and show some cohesion between the pitch and the stands
    Howay lads 2-0 to the toon

• beermonkey

Aug 17, 2014 at 9:42 AM

good luck jazzy I expect a full report

• jon.c

Aug 17, 2014 at 9:47 AM

50% of supporters think we will lose even before we kick off what a way to start the new season let us go and give a 100% support and give our players a big lift and they will give us a good result

• jazzyp

Aug 17, 2014 at 9:47 AM

Beermonkey

Cheers mate, Im like a little kid on Christmas morning, Grinning from ear to ear lol !!

Watched the Toulouse v Lyon game last night. If ever I’ve seen a player we need to go for the guy is called Ben yedder…..What a player

• toonarmydownsouth

Aug 17, 2014 at 9:49 AM

MATCHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!’

• catchy in norway

Aug 17, 2014 at 9:50 AM

5catchy in norway // Aug 17, 2014 at 9:49 AM

expat mag

I have no idea which one persons comment you have read but that one persons comment seems stuck in your head,

not one of the guys kids or women that agree with have ever blamed pardew for everything , we as a group all know there are problems from top to bottom, fat man and pardew being the 2 main ones , but I include all the coaching staff also,

I concentrate on pardew and I only relate to the footballing side of things,
    as I have pointed this out many times now I’m starting to wonder if your sane in the head as you keep referring to things that just have not been said,

, pardew has given a few interviews over the last week, on video so you can take as gospill that he said the things,

the guy has no clue where he is taking the club, he comes out with crap like 48 points is the average this club has achived iced the last 10 seasons , but I bet if you take the season we got relegated and the one he nearly relighted us, that figure would be a lot higher , by the by though the fact he mentioned that figure is reference to where he thinks is acceptable,
    the next breath he is talking about challenging for the CL , so that’s top 4, that’s a huge difference in the 2 positions

he is also talking about lessons learnt, he is saying that he now knows that us as Geordies want to see winning football, ehhh you are kidding me , even Gateshead fans want to see winning football. he talks about not wavering from his beliefs , and that he won’t change that , we kind of have to accept winning runs and losing ones also , if you have not won a game in 10 or 15 or even 20 matches something is defiantly wrong and needs looked at ,

this is how the guy thinks, the guy is a chancer , the guy tries to tell us want we want to hear and that’s why it is so conflicting,

if us as fans are confused , how do the players feel , believe it or not they have brains too, and get to see/ hear a lot more of this bull than we do,

I don’t like what he says and I don’t like the football under him , he is adamant that we play attacking football aready , he believes in his philosophy and sees no problems, it’s been the same football since he came , no lessons learnt ,

il ask you one question, corners and free kicks , in 3 years why has it not changed ? it does not work

• jazzyp

Aug 17, 2014 at 9:51 AM

Jon.c

Couldn’t agree more pal. I think a lot of fans are carrying on their expectations on from last season which I understand.
    But its a new season, New players, Hopefully new tactics and Hopefully a bigger belief in the team

• Transfer Sage

Aug 17, 2014 at 9:51 AM

Anything can happen in the first game of the season, are players fit? firing on all cylinders? integrated into the team? nobody will know until about 6pm today.

• Transfer Sage

Aug 17, 2014 at 9:55 AM

I don’t think I’ll ever be convinced on Pardew, just like Catchy, but he will here for the season so I’m going to just sit here and hope he has learned/improved/etc

• ToonAndy

Aug 17, 2014 at 9:56 AM

SONG:

REMY CABELLA
    WHAT A FELLA
    REFUSED TO GO TO THE BALL WHEN ASKED BY CINDERELLA
    SHE SAID REMY, YAV LET ME DOON
    HE SAID HOWAY THE MIGHTY TOON
    GEORDIES!
    REMY CABELLA….

• Slank

Aug 17, 2014 at 9:59 AM

Virtually all the pundits expect Man City to win. This shouldn’t surprise anybody as they are champions and have a far greater number of top players in their team than we have. Additionally, the recent track record of Man City against us points to another win for them.

Although there is always a fluke result on the opening day but this may have already happened at Old Trafford.

My hope is that the team compete against them and they come off the field with their heads held high.

• Transfer Sage

Aug 17, 2014 at 10:00 AM

Slank

I think all you can ask for in these games, whether we decide to play defensively of offensively, I want to see commitment from all the players.

• NEWEXPATMAGPIE

Aug 17, 2014 at 10:04 AM

Man City as the reiegning Champs are expecting to Win !

Whilst most have voted for a loss, i feel that the fact they are the Champs may work to our advantage !

Catchy @5 :

Better get used to Pardew, he aint going no-where till his 8 year contract is almost done its course. I,m agree with some of your hate of the guy but we are unfortunately stuck with him! Pardew has already been making excuses for a loss before a ball has even been kicked. I must say though, your negativity on the club is carried on from last season, and your hate of the owner and trainer knows no bounds !

I also wonder if by some kind of miracle we end up winning or drawing what your vieuws will be then? I suppose the word Luck will appear on your Post-Match comments, if indeed you make any?

Oh well, i think we will lose anyway, so your hate for the people in charge will grow even stronger?

Don,t start insulting me or name calling coz “Sticks and Stones and all that “!

Hows about just supporting the Team for a change instead of all the bitterness?

Enjoy the Game and HWTL !

• Average_Contents

Aug 17, 2014 at 10:05 AM

Newexpatmag

Here’s a website that will have every link that’s available today mate. Once on the website click on live streams and feedback in the top right corner, scroll down and we should be listed.

There will be tons of links so it’s trial by error for which is the best one but each link will have different options to watch on that particular link like through your browser or through a player (which usually involves a download so wouldn’t bother with them I.e sopcast)

Hope this helps mate

• Sgt. Heagerty

Aug 17, 2014 at 10:06 AM

Would give my left arm to be on tyneside today to watch the Magpies trounce citeh 1-0…. In case your wondering which of our lads in the black and white will get the goal that seals the trouncing. Willo, the big baby giraffe will finnaly open his account for the toon in this 1 goal beat down. Tim Krul will stand on his head and make some world class saves down the stretch but Willo will get his head to an ugly goal on a set piece to win it..:: hwtl

• catchy in norway

Aug 17, 2014 at 10:06 AM

Jon c jazzy

can you tell me any game that the crowd at the game have not have the players 100% ?

they already give 100% to every match, just almost 50% believe we will lose this game , and that’s them being realistic not just hopeless dreamers,

I bet if they could put a predicted score line , I bet it would not be a close game, most going for a 3-4 goal defeat,

3things not in favour , we have not beat Man c in 11 attempts and very well in a good few of those,

point to prove after last weeks loss to arsenal

and Man U loosing yesterday will spur them on,

I’m also wondering if last years spat between them will wind pellegrini up to put on a show

5-0 I think

• lesh

Aug 17, 2014 at 10:07 AM

Or to present Ed’s 49% another way, 51% expect us not to lose.

The tilt on the numbers makes a big of a difference to shaping fan attitudes.

🙂

• Ethiotoon

Aug 17, 2014 at 10:07 AM

Slank
    I agree with what u saying. I won’t be too disappointed too if we lose bcoz we were playing with top four team.Almost all of them are title winners so I will be delighted if we get a draw..

• NEWEXPATMAGPIE

Aug 17, 2014 at 10:09 AM

@14:

Very many thanks Average ! And lets hope the game is worth it ?

HWTL !

• lesh

Aug 17, 2014 at 10:11 AM

Catchy, do you start your day by singing ‘Always Look on the Bright Side of Life’?

No? Well maybe you should.

=) 🙂 😀

• lesh

Aug 17, 2014 at 10:13 AM

Sgt. Heagerty

You’d give my left arm to be on tyneside today to watch the Magpies trounce citeh 1-0 woukd you.

I’d give my right arm to be ambidextrous!

😉

• lesh

Aug 17, 2014 at 10:14 AM

Sgt. Heagerty

You’d give my left arm to be on tyneside today to watch the Magpies trounce citeh 1-0 woukd you?

I’d give my right arm to be ambidextrous!

😉

• Geremi's Prosthetic Leg Fund

Aug 17, 2014 at 10:15 AM

I commend all you who are positive today, but I just can’t see anything other than a good stuffing. Don’t think anything will have changed since last season to be honest.

• beermonkey

Aug 17, 2014 at 10:15 AM

jazzy

I have heard of ben yedder not sure where or when

any1 know how marveax got on last night

• jazzyp

Aug 17, 2014 at 10:15 AM

Catchy
    Never said the crowd don’t have the players 100%. What I did say is that I don’t want the boos to start ringing out if we go 1 down, Which incidentally is aimed at your arch enemy not the players

• catchy in norway

Aug 17, 2014 at 10:15 AM

new expat

what I carnt take is when we win and it’s been a hard game and we by 1 goal and it’s against Norwich at home , games we should be winning easy,
    I hate reading about how great we are, and all the see I told you so’s,

what I don’t mind is when we go out and give it a go, score a few goals and lose the game , Man U 4-3 I came on and gave the team lots of credit for the we set about the game , 7-3 v arsenal was a great game until pardew decided at 3-3 he would shut up shop, whoops 7-3 , we are a better team when we attack , things go wrong when we try and defend

• toon kk

Aug 17, 2014 at 10:17 AM

If we’re all honest with our selves we all expect us to get beat, whether you admit it or not. We’re playing a far superior squad. But who knows we’re capable of excellent football and could nick a win but on a bad day we couldn’t beat a league two side, not sure what makes us so jeckle and hyde.

• Transfer Sage

Aug 17, 2014 at 10:17 AM

It’s a big shame we never signed the likes of cabella and de jong last summer, might have helped convince debuchy, cabaye and remy to stick around.

But we have them now so lets see how we do, hoping for a win, expecting a draw.

• GeordieDan

Aug 17, 2014 at 10:17 AM

Newexpaymagpie/Average>

I would use the Wiziwig.tv site to find your footy links instead of footballstreaming.info as the latter seems to be riddled with malware adverts etc. from my experience.

Wiziwig is normally miles better imho. 😉

• jazzyp

Aug 17, 2014 at 10:19 AM

Beermonkey

A cracking player mate and maybe a bargain to be had.
    Not heard anything re Marveaux sorry.
    I trust you will be watching it down there on the coast buddy !!

• Transfer Sage

Aug 17, 2014 at 10:20 AM

Catchy

The problem is that the games against the likes of norwich, villa, etc etc are not easy games anymore like they would have been 10 years ago.

All teams get good money from the league now and they are all buying better and better players. We may be better than some of these teams but they still have good players.

Every team now has match winners who can do something special, just bigger teams have more of them and more consistent ones.

• Average_Contents

Aug 17, 2014 at 10:20 AM

Newexpat

Your welcome

Just checked the website and its only browser options so far which are better anyway imo. I usually use the following links as I find they have more stable streams with less pop-ups and English commentary, sportz- world, coolsportz or stop-stream but like I said it’s trial and error

• Transfer Sage

Aug 17, 2014 at 10:21 AM

geordie dan

Try adding this to your browser if some streaming sites are full of adverts and other problems.

works really well to cut them out

• jazzyp

Aug 17, 2014 at 10:22 AM

Manchester City captain Vincent Kompany has revealed that his side’s opening-day encounter away to Newcastle United is a trip he relishes because of his affection of St James’ Park. “My favourite away ground just happens to be Newcastle,” Kompany said at the 2014/15 Barclays Premier League Season Launch. “It’s always a great atmosphere, hostile but at the same time it’s what football is all about, passion.

“I just wish our fans could be a bit closer to the pitch because they are very far up! At the same time it’s a football ground that is pretty special and I enjoy it every single time we go up there.”

Its a shame some fans don’t seem to be able to grasp this concept when the players on the pitch clearly feel and hear the atmosphere

• Geremi's Prosthetic Leg Fund

Aug 17, 2014 at 10:23 AM

Do people not use acestream? For premier league games it’s flawless. HD and vary rarely cuts out.

• Transfer Sage

Aug 17, 2014 at 10:23 AM

jazzy

marv came off the bench last night, not sure how he did

• scout

Aug 17, 2014 at 10:24 AM

Come on lads lets give them it

• Transfer Sage

Aug 17, 2014 at 10:25 AM

jazzy

I couldn’t make a game last year, made a few the years before though and I found the atmosphere dying a bit but still very very lively at times.

It’s as good a ground as any though for noise in England……Italy, Turkey, etc are great for noise and passion but they come with racism and violence which totally ruin it.

• catchy in norway

Aug 17, 2014 at 10:25 AM

Lesh

regardless of how you think I may be out side of here, I know that I am a very positive person,

the very fact that I call it as I see it tells you I’m a realist ,

I know what I have in life , and I am great full for these things, but if I think I can do something better for me and my family , I will do it, I moved country for a better life.

if your not happy with something , change it, don’t just settle ,

first step is get pardew out, if you don’t like what I have to say , don’t read it, be happy dreaming that’s things will be different this season

good luck

• Average_Contents

Aug 17, 2014 at 10:28 AM

Geordiedan

It usually has links to wiziwig on fsi but I’ve always found them to be shite and cuts off lol

The Justin tv ones are the same 😉