The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Newcastle Offered Man City Forward(s) On Loan

2:29 pm, Monday, August 18th, 2014 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 373 Comments

Manuel Pellegrini has admitted that Manchester City still have too many players in their squad, and that’s especially true when they have been restricted in the size of their squad for Europe next season, after flaunting the Financial Fair Play rules over the last three years.

Manuel Pellegrini

Manuel Pellegrini – too many players at City

Pellegrini got City off to a good start in the league yesterday with a 2-0 win at St. James’ Park, but not before we frightened the living daylights out of the Champions, as our lads went all out for the equalizer in the second half.

This is what Manuel has said today:

“We maybe have too many players in the squad at this moment, players who need to play.¨ “That is very important, especially for young players.¨

“John Guidetti or maybe Scott Sinclair, they may need to play in a different team.¨ “We will see between now until the end of the transfer window what happens with our squad.¨

“At this moment, though, we have too many players.” ”We have had a lot of problems also with Financial Fair Play with the restriction on the amount of players we can put in our squad.”

One of the problems City have in trying to unload their players is they paid them ridiculously high wages to get them to the Etihad Stadium in the first place, which is one reason they have spent far too much money and gone against the UEFA Financial Fair Play guidelines – and they have been penalized for doing that.

scott sinclair

Scott Sinclair – Man City winger

So it’s difficult for other clubs to cough up and pay the inflated wages of the City players they want to unload.

Newcastle were interested in striker John Guidetti a year or so ago – so we suppose he may be a loan option, and John needs to play, because since scoring 20 goals for Feyenoord in 23 appearances in the 2011-2012 season he has played only six games on loan at Stoke City.

john guidetti

John Guidetti – Man City striker

And Alan Pardew knows about 25 year-old Scott Sinclair, who started his career with the Chelsea Youth Academy, and one of his many loan spells was at Charlton Athletic when Alan was the manager there, but Scott only played three games there in 2008, but spent two good seasons at Swansea after leaving Chelsea.

While at Swansea City Scott scored 36 goals in 91 total appearances.

It seems Newcastle need another striker more than a winger, but both Sinclair and Guidetti can score goals – so bringing in one of them on loan for the season would seem to be a reasonable option for Newcastle.

What do you think?

You can follow us on our three social media sites below:

Tags: Loan Moves · Newcastle News · Transfer News and Rumours · Transfer Target

373 responses so far ↓

• 1 optimistic prime // Aug 18, 2014 at 2:33 PM

From what I’ve saw of Gudietti (3ganes)
    I’d take him in a heartbeat.

Sinclair no thanks seems to be more interested in fame and money than footie

• 2 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Aug 18, 2014 at 2:36 PM

TS…you need to run that by me again cause that made absolutely no sense.

We knew last year that a few more games would tricker a clause (if the media is to be believed). We keep him because we need him for the start of the season? Then we don’t use him; sends him to Norwich in January this year. Now he trains with a personal trainer in Argentina?

Could you explain your reasoning again?

• 3 Transfer Sage // Aug 18, 2014 at 2:41 PM

Jesper

He played 2 games for us last season and was cover if things got desperate, We loaned him out, probably hoping to get rid of him but Norwich sacked houghton so that deal will have been scuppered.

Not we are letting him train back home, still not sure why we isn’t training with us even if he won’t feature as it will keep him in better shape football wise for a sale….maybe it was the best way we could get him to agree to accept his fate, by going back home.

I can’t fully understand the reasoning he is home and ben arfa (the supposed trouble maker) is allowed to train with impressionable youth team players.

It doesn’t make sense but I don’t know the ins and outs of it all, therefore I won’t pretend to, just offering my opinion on it.

• 4 catchy in norway // Aug 18, 2014 at 2:43 PM

I see how ed skirted around the cabaye problem on the last thread, there was no mention of the guy going on strike at the beginning of the season, nor the mention of the cheap fee we got for him.

fact, cabaye was playing for a move that he was promised,
    fact , we paid 4.5 million for a player who should have been a 15 million pound player, so yes we made a profit, but I think we sold him cheap.

pardew blames the player for a poor start, not his tactics, hmmm there is a new one

• 5 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Aug 18, 2014 at 2:44 PM

TS…that still don’t make sense, because he has a value last summer and we could have used that money to bring in a replacement.

We knew we wouldn’t want to be in a situation what would tricker a new contract right?

That’s the whole reason why he is being cased away I assume? Does this reason make sense to you?

• 6 optimistic prime // Aug 18, 2014 at 2:45 PM

If Citeh need to save money how about a cheeky loan for Dzecho?

Citehs 2nd choice but I really rate him, he’d start before Aguero for me.

• 7 mindshaft // Aug 18, 2014 at 2:45 PM

Jonas won’t play for toon this season, the management have told him to find another club but so far he’s failed.
    Pointless having someone around the squad who isn’t going to play ( especially if the stories in the press about having to renew his contract on number of games played )
    I think it’s a good move from the club – we’ve basically told him he can move for nowt but needs to find himself a club as no one has come in for him – he may as well train at home rather than in the toon

• 8 mindshaft // Aug 18, 2014 at 2:47 PM

The difference with HBA is that he’s been told he needs to be more professional in his attitude ( same as every other club he’s been at ) – think if he could change his attitude Pards would play him, allegedly Cabaye and Tiote were the two main players who refused to pass to him and complained to Pards about him

• 9 dannitoon // Aug 18, 2014 at 2:48 PM

Damn got excited thought it was kün or Dzeko. .????

• 10 Transfer Sage // Aug 18, 2014 at 2:48 PM

jesper

I know what you mean, and your way of doing things makes much more sense.

But again we don’t know if they tried to sell him or not, maybe there were no takes…only norwich came in for him in jan and that was just a loan.

In reality he is a poor player, has been for a long time, add to that he is getting older, not many will want him.

• 11 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Aug 18, 2014 at 2:54 PM

TS…I find it hard to believe we could not find a club for him if we did try. I just think it’s time we stop pretending and we see this club for what it really is…

…I do get a bit disgusted by it sometimes. It’s not the Newcastle I fell in love with back in the early ’90’s.

• 12 welshgeordie9 // Aug 18, 2014 at 2:54 PM

As a swans fan as well as a newcastle fan I would take him, that’s why swans are in the premier league in the first place, he was my favourite player.

• 13 Lilongwe Geordie // Aug 18, 2014 at 2:56 PM

Could the reason HBA is training at the club and Jonas isn’t be down to the fact that Jonas has the dedication to keep in shape? Jonas is training back home and staying fit as he searches for a new club. Could it be that the club don’t have faith in HBA to keep fit enough for a club to buy him. His agent has already said that he is happy to sit out for a year rather than move on, so if we let him head back to France is there any guarantee he would keep fit in case a club does move for him in the next 2 weeks?

On topic, wouldn’t want either on loan. Sinclair because he has done nowt other than one season at Swansea. Guidetti for the same reason I wouldn’t want Campbell. We have our own youngsters who we can give a chance to rather then progressing another clubs.

• 14 catchy in norway // Aug 18, 2014 at 2:56 PM

mindshaft

what about Obertan. im yet to see him play :)

• 15 Transfer Sage // Aug 18, 2014 at 2:57 PM

jesper

I’m not sure, we certainly can’t find a club for him now. I bet there are plenty who’d take him but he’s on 50k a week, not many will match that and he might not be willing to sign to lose out on a good chunk of pay.

Also remember how Ashley runs the club, very little planning does into transfers, lots of scouting but we don’t buy/sell when it’s best for us in playing terms, only when it’s best financially.

• 16 Lilongwe Geordie // Aug 18, 2014 at 2:57 PM

To clarify, one season in the Prem with Swansea

• 17 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Aug 18, 2014 at 2:58 PM

Lilongwe…choose to believe what you like mate.

• 18 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Aug 18, 2014 at 3:00 PM

TS…which begs the question why the club is putting themselves in this predicament!

…they brought this whole think on them self.

• 19 Lilongwe Geordie // Aug 18, 2014 at 3:03 PM

For Jonas, it is unlikely anyone will match his wages here, but it isn’t unheard of in football for the selling club to pay a wage contribution which takes them back to a similar wage. Surely any reduction in what we pay him would be a bonus, so offer him 20K (or equivalent amount) a week to top up his wages from his new club.

• 20 Lilongwe Geordie // Aug 18, 2014 at 3:05 PM

Jesper,
    Thanks. I will do just that.

• 21 Transfer Sage // Aug 18, 2014 at 3:08 PM

Lilongwe

Very true, depends what the club are hoping for. Maybe try that approach when all else fails in the last week of the window?

Jesper

It does, but the club keep doing this with transfers. They don’t seem to learn.

• 22 Belfast // Aug 18, 2014 at 3:10 PM

Sinclairs career has nose dived from he left Swansea.

Everybody bangs on about that Guidetti kid. He went on loan to Stoke last season for 6 months and couldn’t get a game.

Must be good on football manager or something lol

• 23 optimistic prime // Aug 18, 2014 at 3:10 PM

Transfer

Your right there mate, the club moves when it’s financially right. It’s never when we need the player.

I reckon Gutirez is in Argentina on bequest of Colocini who’s asked him to keep an eye on his lassie incase another long haired latin lover takes her eye!

HBA took this piss saying “Gutierez will be playing hide the sausage with your wife”

Colo obviously didn’t like that complained to Pardew who then packed HBA to the reserves because Pardew then realised he’d missed a trick by not gettin into Colos missus!

As likely as anything else we’ve heard ;)

• 24 thejokethatisnufc // Aug 18, 2014 at 3:12 PM

Any news on Cisse ?

• 25 Lilongwe Geordie // Aug 18, 2014 at 3:13 PM

Sage,
    Yeah, ideally we would not need to. I guess it all depends on who wants him. There can’t be too many clubs out there at a good level that would want him. If he ended up back in Argentina then it is likely we would need to pay most of his wages.

The other thing that would make a bit of sense is to get Jonas, his representative and the club management round a table and agree to remove the clause, if indeed that is the issue. I doubt he would play much for us, but he could help out when injuries and fatigue strikes.

• 26 Transfer Sage // Aug 18, 2014 at 3:13 PM

OP

And a damn site more entertaining.

I think I’ve done the HBA debate to death now, so I’ll end on the main point, the club should reveal what the big problem with him really is, at least that way the fans will have more information, they are too vague with everything these days.

• 27 Lilongwe Geordie // Aug 18, 2014 at 3:15 PM

Belfast,
    I’m not sure how good he is on Football Manager, but he looked very good when he was on loan in the Dutch league. Then again, Altidore looked good there too…..

• 28 optimistic prime // Aug 18, 2014 at 3:17 PM

Transfer

Spot on, only whispers and rumours come out the club thease days.

Lilongate

That would be far too sensible, you do realise its Ashley’s NUFC were talking about ;)

• 29 Graeme // Aug 18, 2014 at 3:17 PM

Transfer @ 26 – now wouldn’t that be a novel idea. There is always a first time I guess!!!

• 30 Belfast // Aug 18, 2014 at 3:20 PM

I know he did Lilongwe. That’s why I decided to keep an eye on him when he went to Stoke. He done ferk all there like.

The dutch league is pretty poor to be honest.

• 31 Lilongwe Geordie // Aug 18, 2014 at 3:20 PM

Optimistic,
    I thought I’d try and take a leaf out of your book and be optimistic! Sadly, I fear that I may have to leave reality for it to be a possibility!

• 32 Laurent Robert 32 // Aug 18, 2014 at 3:22 PM

Transfer, Pardew and the club’s daily lies are a world away from Kevin asking fans to trust him when we sold Andy Cole. Ferdinand then Shearer followed on.

That’s one reason I hate Pardew. The lies. The others are being a blagger as a manager and his vile and egotistical personality.

• 33 Lilongwe Geordie // Aug 18, 2014 at 3:24 PM

Belfast,
    Yeah, the Dutch league makes average centre forwards look outstanding. Wijnhard, Kezman, Roy, Van Hooijdonk, Boogers etc the list goes on of players to come from the Dutch league and fail to replicate their form when hitting the onion bag.

• 34 israeli_fan // Aug 18, 2014 at 3:28 PM

Greame from last post-

you can hate ashley as much as you want, but you cant deny that we have the best value for money in the market.

just compare our deals with other PL clubs- borini for 14m, shaw for 30m, long for 12m etc etc etc.

even though i dont really care about the finances of the club as i supporting the team only on the field, i still prefer the club to operate like it does right now instead be like chelsea, city united or tottenham.

the best model for me is arsenal.
    and if we finally buy that top CB and a striker (and maybe a new manager as well)- we might return to our glory days

• 35 israeli_fan // Aug 18, 2014 at 3:30 PM

LG you are right, but what about van Nistelrooy, Bergkamp, Bony?

for every Henry you have 5 Guivarch… its not about the nationality

• 36 israeli_fan // Aug 18, 2014 at 3:33 PM

and a certain Suarez..

• 37 Belfast // Aug 18, 2014 at 3:37 PM

Yeah it’s hit a miss really. There’s been a few good uns and a right few awful ones. Samaras and Alfonso Alves spring to mind.

• 38 Lilongwe Geordie // Aug 18, 2014 at 3:37 PM

Israeli,
    I never mentioned nationality, merely the league they played in. Bergkamp had a torrid time when he first left Holland. I agree some do replicate their form, but far more fail to match the success they had in the Dutch league.

• 39 optimistic prime // Aug 18, 2014 at 3:37 PM

I mainly saw Gudietti in the Dutch league as a SMB pal of mine was convinced he was joining them.

When I watched him he had good movement and was a really good finisher.

The Dutch league isn’t the best but the do have some jems, everyone expects DeJong to be a hit.

I only saw him play 20mins for Stoke and because their here nor there and are in a bit of a playing style reform it would be a bit harsh to judge him.

I’d take him on a loan with a view to buy as I think that’s all the club would be willing to do. I don’t see us buying a 20 goal yr CF or a commanding CB.

If we get anyone else it’ll be a fringe player from a big club on loan with a view to buy. And I’d be surprised if we even did that.

• 40 Lilongwe Geordie // Aug 18, 2014 at 3:39 PM

Belfast,
    Yeah, can’t believe I forgot Alves!! I’d always be wary signing a goalscorer based on what they did in the Dutch league. There are plenty that have gone to other European leagues and struggled as well.

• 41 Ketsbaia9 // Aug 18, 2014 at 3:45 PM

We need to go in for Benteke and Grenier and get Alderweireld on loan.

• 42 optimistic prime // Aug 18, 2014 at 3:47 PM

Kets

I really hope we sign Toby even if it’s just to stop you mentioning him ;) hahaha

• 43 Graeme // Aug 18, 2014 at 3:48 PM

Isreali fan – thats one leap of judgement, where did I say I hate Ashley?
    I dont agree with a lot of things he does, but hate is a bit much. Yes, we have a very good scouting network; they have undoubtedly found candidates for the CB and CF we so badly need – but where are they?

Its most certainly NOT because of lack of funds, we are well into profit, having spent slightly more than we raised by selling Cabaye and Deduchy – I have no problem with that at all.

We undoubtedly have funds available, if they wanted to bring in those 2 players. It cant be denied that we need them – so where are they?

• 44 Munster Mag // Aug 18, 2014 at 3:48 PM

Welshgeordie, we all owe you a pint. If Swansea hadnt beaten Wigan at the end of the season before last, we would have gone down. Mind u Catchy and Rotunda wud have been happy, as Pardew wud have been sacked – maybe!

• 45 Vagabond of the Western World // Aug 18, 2014 at 3:49 PM

I thought Pardew just said there’s no room in the squad for another body?

I wouldn’t see the point of signing anyone on loan anyhow.

Why do the work of the parent club to improve a player and allow them some experience?

Anyone good enough to sign for us now will be the type of player we can’t sign permanently at the end of it.

Forget it; permanemt signings or nothing.

If it’s loan deals they’re offering we may as well use our fringe players. Get Ayoze some game time.

Cisse will be back in a couple of weeks too and i’m hoping we can play a formation which suits his style.

It would be my guess that if he were to play we would start as a 4-3-3 with Riviere doing the hold up work like Ba used to and either Cabella or De Jong plays alongside.

• 46 Ketsbaia9 // Aug 18, 2014 at 3:49 PM

We’ll be in for him.

• 47 Markaccus // Aug 18, 2014 at 3:53 PM

Kets

Man U have even less centre backs than we do. If chelsea and man u are in for him, we can forget it.

• 48 Average_Contents // Aug 18, 2014 at 3:53 PM

Chucky’s in the under 21 squad for the game against Bolton

• 49 Graeme // Aug 18, 2014 at 3:54 PM

Vagabond – if / when Cisse returns, he will undoubtedly find a far more creative team than the last time he played.

We now have several new skillful players who should open up the doors for him to score. If he came back in and had a season like his first, it would make MA’s gamble look like a shrewd move. If it doesn’t happen, we could have a serious problem!!

• 50 swemag // Aug 18, 2014 at 3:55 PM

Both these players would add depth but not a whole lot of additional quality.

If it was to buy them right out, as a Swede I would love to see Guidetti. He had a tough time last year with an illness, but this guy has quality and knows where the goal is. He is coming to the right age.

• 51 optimistic prime // Aug 18, 2014 at 3:55 PM

Kets

It’s easy to see he’s head and shoulders above anything we have but I just don’t see it mate.

I do think we’re desperate for a good commanding CB but we’ll make do until we get wages off the books because it’s more important to ballance the books than ballance the squad.

• 52 Vagabond of the Western World // Aug 18, 2014 at 3:59 PM

@Graeme

You’re right mate. It’s a gamble RE Cisse in that we are still willing to give him a chance.

At least we will know this time though if he’s lost his mojo for ever of if it really was down to the way we played.

With the flair and creativity the players should provide, plus the strength and pace of Riviere then technically we are as close to the attacking prowess of the team which played with Cisse when he was on fire.

He’s got to be able to at least regain some form. I’m not asking him to hit 25 yard thunderbolt swervers every game but i would expect 1 notch in 3, or thereabouts.

• 53 Markaccus // Aug 18, 2014 at 3:59 PM

If the rumour of staylor to qpr is true, it frees up a spot for a new cb (and gets rid of our worst one). We will still have 9 HG players to chose from, so we could accomodate toby A, but i seriously doubt he would come here.

• 54 Ketsbaia9 // Aug 18, 2014 at 4:01 PM

Looks like we’ve missed out on Fanni:

• 55 Markaccus // Aug 18, 2014 at 4:03 PM

Kets

how can we miss out on a player we havnt been after for MANY seasons (if we ever really were). He is 32 now anyway

• 56 Graeme // Aug 18, 2014 at 4:03 PM

Vagabond – Oh, you mean repeats of the Chelski goal are not going to be 2 a month then?? Shame lol.

Must admit, that strike makes me laugh everytime I see it – its simply not possible to beat their Keeper from that angle, swerving it the wrong way – simply unbelievable lol

• 57 Ketsbaia9 // Aug 18, 2014 at 4:04 PM

We have tracked Gomis and Fanni for years.

• 58 Markaccus // Aug 18, 2014 at 4:07 PM

Fanni hasnt even been mentioned in at least 5 seasons. This hardly counts as “missing out”

• 59 martoon // Aug 18, 2014 at 4:10 PM

Ketsbaia9 @54 That’s not what you said when you came back from your holiday :)

• 60 optimistic prime // Aug 18, 2014 at 4:10 PM

Graeme

I knocked 2 pints on my pal when that shot went in :)

Great goal loved it nearly as much as Ginolas keepie ups before volleying it in to the net against Feren what ever there called I can’t spell it.

But my fave goal and it’s a long long time ago was Beardsleys losing the ball sliding in to win it back then in one movement smash it past the keeper. I beleive it was KKs last game, but it was a long time ago and I can’t be 100%

Saying that I’ve got a few fave goals ;)

• 61 Markaccus // Aug 18, 2014 at 4:11 PM

….also, apparently, what we have “missed out” on is 7 league goals since 2000!!!!

Kets….. i assume he would have been our shola replacement, although shola is clearly better!!

• 62 Markaccus // Aug 18, 2014 at 4:13 PM

Oh what i wouldnt give for a striker who scores a goal every two…….YEARS!

• 63 optimistic prime // Aug 18, 2014 at 4:15 PM

Let’s re live some happy days!

Let’s hear Favourite goals or games.

Gotta be better than going over the same old stories!

• 64 israeli_fan // Aug 18, 2014 at 4:19 PM

shearer against everton 88th minutes… and 2 minutes later bellamy scored and cried near the corner flag (he sent off 4 days before the game against inter if i remember correctly). we won 2-1.

• 65 Vagabond of the Western World // Aug 18, 2014 at 4:19 PM

@optimistic prime

I’ll forever remember the date of Howay 5-0
    (Newcastle 5 – 0 Manchester United)

October 20th 1996 – My 16th birthday.

Best. Present. Ever.

• 66 Markaccus // Aug 18, 2014 at 4:20 PM

OP

Shearers volley v Everton will always be up there.

I have a Beardsley memorable goal too. He got the ball trapped in his feet inside the box, and had one player to beat. He did his little shimmy, which also rebounded the ball forward (somehow…guy was a genius) and slammed the ball home. Cant remember who we played. But it was brilliant.

• 67 israeli_fan // Aug 18, 2014 at 4:22 PM

shearer goal against aston vila.. i think we won that one 4-0…

jenas against man united
    robert 2 goals against spurs in 1 game

but the best moment was against feynoord when bellamy scored in stoppage time and SBR stood on the lines with his arms up.. amazing

• 68 Markaccus // Aug 18, 2014 at 4:23 PM

For games, not many will go past the 5-0… which also has a perenial favorite goal in it. Albert lobbing schmegghead. Third replay from behind the goal. Schmegg looks up, then behind him, then down at the ground. Class

• 69 Vagabond of the Western World // Aug 18, 2014 at 4:24 PM

One of my favourites was always the game we came back to beat Leicester 4-3

We were 2-0 down then 3-1 down i believe.

Shearer hits a howitzer of a free kick almost smashes Casey keller’s head off and its 3-2

Soon after he squeezes a shot through the defenders’ legs and its 3-3

Injury time and Bobby Lee squares it across the box for Shearer to tap home 4-3

AWESOME SAUCE

• 70 Vagabond of the Western World // Aug 18, 2014 at 4:26 PM

Beardsley’s goal against Palace in the 94th minute…

Gets the ball back from Watson, takes it forward, throws the shuffle, moves it onto his left and smashes a shot into the corner of the net from 20 yards.

Toon win 0-1

PETER THE GREAT

• 71 optimistic prime // Aug 18, 2014 at 4:26 PM

Beardo was class, wish we had him coming through the ranks again.

That Shearer thunderbolt was canny special.

I remember Roberts first game against Man utd he out the ball down around 35 40 yds out and the commentator (Andy Gray I think) said what’s he doing he’ll never score from there!

BOOM back of the net :)

• 72 Markaccus // Aug 18, 2014 at 4:27 PM

Vagabond

i seem remember us doing a similar thing to leeds. I am sure we were 1 up, but ended up 2-1 down, and all i can remember was nicking it 3-2, i was working, and listening on the radio. Pretty sure Nobby S got the winner, too.

• 73 Vagabond of the Western World // Aug 18, 2014 at 4:28 PM

I remember Robert scoring a free kick from about 45 yards.

It was about 2 yards past the centre circle in the opposition half against Southampton.

He takes a massive run up, hits it, loads of movement and flies past the keeper.

Incredible.

• 74 Prunty // Aug 18, 2014 at 4:31 PM

Sinclair has apparently signed for West Brom today

• 75 transfer sage 2 // Aug 18, 2014 at 4:32 PM

would anyone take Eduardo Vargas from napoli doesn’t have the best scoring record but is very quick and could be a handful against defenses and has a good record for Chile with 15 goals in 32 apps would

• 76 Markaccus // Aug 18, 2014 at 4:32 PM

Robert opened the scoring when we beat man u 4-3 too, with another thunderbolt fk. That was a hell of a game too, made better when keane got TWO red cards for first pushing shearer, and secondly flapping his hands at him when shearer laughed at his first one. The big tw@ :D

• 77 Vagabond of the Western World // Aug 18, 2014 at 4:32 PM

@Markaccus

Was 4-3 i think mate. Class game.

Nobby got the winner in injury time aye, ran onto it, held off the defender and slotted it past the keeper.

Incredible game.

I know it was around Christmas time…

• 78 optimistic prime // Aug 18, 2014 at 4:34 PM

Not for us but one of the best goals I’ve seen was Bergkamp for holland vs Argentina.

Ball from around the halfway line with one touch he plucked it out the air and sent defender wrong way then curled into top corner with his left peg.

Beautiful goal by probably the only player able to score it!
    His little dink around Dabizas against us wasn’t to shabby either.

• 79 Markaccus // Aug 18, 2014 at 4:35 PM

FANNI is a right back!?!?!?!

Bloody hell why did i always think he was a forward. Hos scoring record isnt bad in reflection :D

• 80 Ketsbaia9 // Aug 18, 2014 at 4:37 PM

Marveaux mentioned.

• 81 Markaccus // Aug 18, 2014 at 4:39 PM

Vagabond

Aye that’ll be the one then. We were driving home in the dark after working on saturday, and there was snow. Quite a bit where i was, too. So xmas sounds about right.

• 82 Ketsbaia9 // Aug 18, 2014 at 4:39 PM

I didn’t miss out on Fanni on my holiday. Did well to capitalise on that innocent gash.

Robert is the best Newcastle player of all time. He had the best shot in the world.

• 83 londonderry toon // Aug 18, 2014 at 4:39 PM

Sinclair could be not a bad shout is this john any better then wat we already have at cf

• 84 Our Toon // Aug 18, 2014 at 4:41 PM

Optimistic Prime

Bergkamp scored a similar goal against Leicester in the league.

Slank – sorry mate I didn’t fall over the edge

• 85 Mr Magpie // Aug 18, 2014 at 4:42 PM

In more recent times Tiote screamer against Arsenal when we came back to 4-4!!!

• 86 optimistic prime // Aug 18, 2014 at 4:43 PM

Kets

Remember the story of Robert getting on a flight from the toon to Paris and someone knocked his bag on the floor and apparently around 50 condoms fell out.

Made me chuckle

• 87 Our Toon // Aug 18, 2014 at 4:44 PM

Kets

Howay man Robert? He was decent but not even in the top 20 players for the toon

• 88 optimistic prime // Aug 18, 2014 at 4:45 PM

Our toon

Didn’t see the Leicster one but Dennis was some player, hope DeJong has a bit of that in him.

• 89 Ketsbaia9 // Aug 18, 2014 at 4:50 PM

Not even Shearer was more influential than Robert.

• 90 Munster Mag // Aug 18, 2014 at 4:54 PM

Graeme, it seems that Ashley feels we have enough centre halves, and that we have to ship one out before we get one in. Technically he’s corrcet. We have Colo, Williamson, Mbiwa and Taylor . 4 centre halves is enough. Its a pity none of them are particularly good though!

• 91 optimistic prime // Aug 18, 2014 at 4:56 PM

Munster mag

Are you in Munster?

If so big or little Munster?

• 92 Our Toon // Aug 18, 2014 at 4:59 PM

Lads you guys have mentioned some of the great games / goals but for me 2 games really stand out:

Liverpool away 4-3 loss, the first game…i remember Collymore for that goal.

Beating Barcelona at home with a Tino Hat Trick 3-2

• 93 Markaccus // Aug 18, 2014 at 5:07 PM

I remember playing Boro once ( i think, was a long time ago) cant remember the score, but we gave them humping, and we passed 40 shots at goal!

• 94 beefman13 // Aug 18, 2014 at 5:09 PM

Alderweireld, would b perfect for the toon, nobody seems to have mentioned the lad, colo and willo oh dear, address it or we will suffer because of it.

• 95 Markaccus // Aug 18, 2014 at 5:10 PM

my mistake, it was west ham!

• 96 Ketsbaia9 // Aug 18, 2014 at 5:11 PM

Alderweireld is fast and he can score goals. He also had a great strike.

• 97 optimistic prime // Aug 18, 2014 at 5:15 PM

Dragging the depths of my memory here, in the old 1st division last game of the season we had to win or be relegated to 2nd division.

Beleive it was Leicster we scored think it was David Kelly then one of their defenders equalised and with about 5mins left the same defender scored a weird OG to put us 2 1 up and safe.

Was only 16 and I still haven’t celebrated a OG like that since.

Forgive my memory if any of that’s wrong it’s nearly 25yr ago lol

• 98 GeordieTwo // Aug 18, 2014 at 5:17 PM

Not a bad display against a very good team. They are miles beyond us. Wor beloved Mike seemed to be having a jolly time of it. Points won’t be easily come by. Riviere looks as if he might come good. Our 1 man attack in the first half was useless. Pellegrini must have been delighted. A bit more of an attack from us in the second half although Obertan was hopeless. If that was putting him in the shop window it didn’t work. Cabella looks good on the ball and Colback had a very decent game.

• 99 GeordieTwo // Aug 18, 2014 at 5:18 PM

It was child’s play for the Man City defense yesterday. They are powerful, fast and composed. We stood no real chance of beating them despite what Pardew says. I think Mr. Pards lives in cloud cuckoo land.

• 100 GeordieTwo // Aug 18, 2014 at 5:20 PM

We should have given them a good fonging but we weren’t up to it. Big Mike is so excited about all the dosh he’s going to make by having a mediocre win-nothing club with young players he can sell off for big profits.

• 101 GeordieTwo // Aug 18, 2014 at 5:24 PM

We’ve still got NoNuts!!!
    Boom, boom, boom boom boom!!!
    Nobody else has No Nuts!!!

• 102 GeordieTwo // Aug 18, 2014 at 5:27 PM

Remy is a nitwit. Liverpool sussed him quickly and sent him packing. He has a heed the size of the planet Venus. Thinks the world of himself. We should keep away and go after a decent striker with a smaller ego.

• 103 londonderry toon // Aug 18, 2014 at 5:30 PM

NASTASIC on loan would rock perment even better he was brillant be manu became manager like

• 104 londonderry toon // Aug 18, 2014 at 5:31 PM

before

• 105 GeordieTwo // Aug 18, 2014 at 5:32 PM

Some very funny bits from ketsy again. Robert was the best player we ever had apparently. Hmmmm. What did Robert ever win with the club? I seem to remember some other players who would be considered better players. Keegan was world class in his time, Pedro, Shearer, Milburn, all much better all round players than Robert. I might even be able to come up with at least half a dozen more in a few seconds! :)

• 106 Geremi's Prosthetic Leg Fund // Aug 18, 2014 at 5:34 PM

We’ve got to enquire about Nastasic surely? Only 21 and already a good player, better than what we have.

• 107 GeordieTwo // Aug 18, 2014 at 5:34 PM

Mike is so excited about finishing 10th again this season. All the lovely TV money. Sell a few more players. Let Pards blather on. Beautiful.

• 108 GeordieTwo // Aug 18, 2014 at 5:40 PM

Let’s see how we do against Villa away. A much better test for us. If we lose that one we have Palace at home. Surely there’s a point in there somewhere for us Alan?

• 109 GeordieTwo // Aug 18, 2014 at 5:42 PM

We’re still after Wee Jock Smallwick to complement Billy Shortstrokes. Both Mike’s type of player. Cheap, young and unheard of. Beautiful Mike.

• 110 GeordieTwo // Aug 18, 2014 at 5:48 PM

Wor Alan after a 2-1 loss to Villa:
    “If I’m honest I didn’t like the look of the pitch. Did it seem rectangular to you lot? I thought it had a bit of a curve to it. And there mascot was a bit cheeky to me. The sun was in my eyes as well. I thought I saw Ba out there playing for us? I might be wrong there. We should have beaten them. It’s disappointing but we’ve got to move on. I’m looking forward to fielding a really weak side against Gillingham and getting that competition out of the way quickly.”

• 111 Belfast // Aug 18, 2014 at 5:54 PM

Geordie two taking over the blog

• 112 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Aug 18, 2014 at 5:58 PM

It’s a Canadian invasion :D

• 113 GeordieTwo // Aug 18, 2014 at 5:59 PM

You’ve cut me deep Belfast. It’s a mortal wound. It would be nice to have more comments on here.

• 114 beefman13 // Aug 18, 2014 at 5:59 PM

Kets, only kiddin, i know Aldewiereld he is your secret love child haha!

• 115 GeordieTwo // Aug 18, 2014 at 6:00 PM

Don’t forget it’s an ethno-Geordie Canadian invasion jesper mate. :)

• 116 beefman13 // Aug 18, 2014 at 6:00 PM

Top player though!!

• 117 Graeme // Aug 18, 2014 at 6:01 PM

Munster @ 90. I agree, thats why Saylor should be moved this window, Collo next window and Willo the one after.
    Its not rocket science, but NUFC seem to have huge difficulty with planning player replacement!!!

• 118 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Aug 18, 2014 at 6:01 PM

Sorry GT…ethno-Geordie Canadian invasion ;)

Where do you stand on the Canadian Bacon vs. Danish Bacon discussion?

• 119 Belfast // Aug 18, 2014 at 6:03 PM

He likes to bottle up his feelings, and then he lets it all out. 10-15 posts on the spin. BOOM !

Then he leaves.

• 120 GeordieTwo // Aug 18, 2014 at 6:04 PM

More from wor Alan:
    “The Gillingham match is a problem for me if I’m honest. It’s too many games in too short a period of time. It puts us under a lot of pressure. I want us to perform well in the cups. No, really I do. I nearly won one as a manager once you know. Still, I’ve got to get on with it. Mike expects some results.”

• 121 croftus5678 // Aug 18, 2014 at 6:04 PM

so…gudetti is a poor striker ? an avg striker ? lol omg you make me laugh sometimes.

i bet most of those with an opinion on him calling him a poor player havent even seen him play or looked at his record !

so..whats so bad about gudetti then ? his heading ? his shooting ? movement ? power of shots /heading ??? hehe oh ye forgot he played in the dutch league he must be rubbish lol.

imo i’d take him in a heartbeat no second thought about it and tbh i’d take sinclair also as i’ve always thought he was underated he’s fast/skillfull/good at crossing has a fair amount of assists and scores goals but ye he doesnt defend much which he will prob have to adjust somewhat in our team.

• 122 GeordieTwo // Aug 18, 2014 at 6:04 PM

You have bacon jesper mate?

• 123 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Aug 18, 2014 at 6:06 PM

You like bacon?

• 124 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Aug 18, 2014 at 6:07 PM

What about Canadian Club vs. Bourbon?

• 125 GeordieTwo // Aug 18, 2014 at 6:07 PM

Very hurtful Belfast. Here I am minding me own business, when suddenly BOOM! A vicious attack. Where is all this leading? Lettuce leaves at dawn? A fish dance? Let me know and I shall attempt to accommodate you! Harrumph!!!

• 126 GeordieTwo // Aug 18, 2014 at 6:09 PM

Canadian back bacon is the only way to go jesper mate. Much less fat. No bourbon for me please. I like the odd drink of rye whiskey (I asked for it once in Blackpool and they had no idea what I was talking about). Mainly wine and scotch for me though mate.

• 127 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Aug 18, 2014 at 6:13 PM

GT…I agree back bacon is better mate. Rye Whiskey isn’t that more American than Scottish?

…not that I know much about Whiskey :D

• 128 toon kk // Aug 18, 2014 at 6:13 PM

For all we had a decent game yesterday even though we lost what worries me most is not having one shot on target, we were the only team in the premier league not too.
    Its a bit of a gamble not to get a proven experienced striker in. All boils down to MA saving money.

• 129 GeordieTwo // Aug 18, 2014 at 6:15 PM

No, we have some very nice rye whiskey in Canada jesper mate. But Scotch is much the better drink for me. I like an Irish beer now and then as well. Lovely creamy stuff.

• 130 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Aug 18, 2014 at 6:16 PM

GT…Forty Creek Heart of Gold?

• 131 Markaccus // Aug 18, 2014 at 6:16 PM

Smoked Wiltshire dry-cure bacon in a stottie with a nice fried runny yolk egg on it, one side of the stottie dipped in the fat used to fry the bacon, the other spread generously (but not too liberally) with Chop brown sauce. Mmmmmmmmmm

• 132 GeordieTwo // Aug 18, 2014 at 6:17 PM

Spot on toon kk, and not enough work on the CB situation either. It’s bollocks really. And people talk seriously of 6th place this season. Absolutely ridonculous mate.

• 133 GeordieTwo // Aug 18, 2014 at 6:20 PM

Never tried it jesper mate but it sounds very interesting! Markaccus are you sure you’re getting enough fat in your diet mate? Possibly you should try some poutine on the side.

• 134 GeordieTwo // Aug 18, 2014 at 6:21 PM

I await your pleasure with nostrils flared Belfast!

• 135 peterk3 // Aug 18, 2014 at 6:24 PM

Get Scott Sinclair in. Not for footballing reasons but Rosie Webster will be in town. Phew!!

• 136 GeordieTwo // Aug 18, 2014 at 6:26 PM

Well I must venture forth and purchase the sustenance lads. Stay wild and wooly.

• 137 Markaccus // Aug 18, 2014 at 6:28 PM

G2

Yes it is a high fat meal, so i dont eat it excessively, but if you are going to have a Bacon buttie, you might as well do it properly :D

• 138 Markaccus // Aug 18, 2014 at 6:32 PM

Just looked up Poutine. Basically cheesy chips with gravy. No ta!! :D

• 139 Graeme // Aug 18, 2014 at 6:34 PM

Markaccus – grill the bacon mate, keeps the taste pure, removes the bad fats – I still remember the breakfast stotties in Byker. Half a stottie, with sausage, bacon, baked beans, black pudding and 2 eggs. The breakfast of Champions mmmmmmmmm

• 140 Average_Contents // Aug 18, 2014 at 6:43 PM

Graeme

I reckon that’s why bennys been banished mate he’s been gettin sent for stotties by fatty and been munching on em on the way back….not a happy owner

• 141 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Aug 18, 2014 at 6:43 PM

Never took a liking to black pudding and marmite!

• 142 Average_Contents // Aug 18, 2014 at 6:44 PM

There was a joke somewhere in that :-D

• 143 Graeme // Aug 18, 2014 at 6:48 PM

Oh, Jesper – TWO of life’s joyous wonders – and you dislike them both!!

You are truly devoid of 2 gorgeous foods mate.
    Unless of course you were trying Black Pudding WITH Marmite, in which case you are a Heretic lol

• 144 Average_Contents // Aug 18, 2014 at 6:48 PM

O like black pudding if it’s well done….none of this raw undercooked crap….my mate told me once that he used to “pinch a slice” before he grilled it, needless to say I nearly decked him in disgust :-S

• 145 Average_Contents // Aug 18, 2014 at 6:50 PM

Jesper

You make black pudding sarnies using the black pudding as a substitute for bread and marmite as the filling? No wonder your weird ;-)

• 146 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Aug 18, 2014 at 6:51 PM

Graeme…I remember the first time I tried Marmite. It was at a hotel in London and I thought is was some kind of nutella :D

…it was not! lol

• 147 Goofy // Aug 18, 2014 at 6:54 PM

Geordie two

Pmsl at that lettuce leaves at dawn, never heard that 1. Hand bags at 10 paces but the lettuce wins :D

• 148 Markaccus // Aug 18, 2014 at 6:56 PM

Graeme

Yes grilling saves the taste, but then i have no bacon flavour fat to dip the stottie in :D . Catch22 situation.
    Belly buster sarnies were the biz. Never seen such a massive breakfast sarnie anywhere else!

• 149 Markaccus // Aug 18, 2014 at 6:58 PM

I love the smell of Black Pud, but the texture is never quite what i want, and the taste isnt always great. Its one of those things i want to like, but it never quite hits the spot. Same with liver. Smells lush when cooking but it is just missing something when eaten

• 150 Markaccus // Aug 18, 2014 at 7:03 PM

Have the teams been announced for tonights game?

• 151 catchy in norway // Aug 18, 2014 at 7:05 PM

Robert goal vrs Southampton , free kick , bending it round the wall like Carlos

• 152 Markaccus // Aug 18, 2014 at 7:06 PM

Average

Cant say i particularly want to eat raw congealed pigs blood either. Sometimes its put on the bar at the club during matches. Again it smells good but…..no!

• 153 catchy in norway // Aug 18, 2014 at 7:07 PM

Steve watsons goal vrs Everton , up front all alone , no support , bang , wonder goal

• 154 Markaccus // Aug 18, 2014 at 7:07 PM

Goofy

More to the point, what could possibly be acheived by a “Fish Dance”?!?!

• 155 Graeme // Aug 18, 2014 at 7:08 PM

Maekaccus, Next time you do a steak & whatever casserole, put 2 slices of black pudding in the middle, having removed the rind first. They will simply dissolve into the dish, but leave a fantastic flavour. Its gorgeous

• 156 Markaccus // Aug 18, 2014 at 7:08 PM

Ahhhh stevey watson… no that guy WAS a utility player…. Pardew would deffo crack a stiffy if he was still on the books!

• 157 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Aug 18, 2014 at 7:10 PM

That Bacon Stottie Mark is talking about which will definitely make him go into a Cardiac arrest, it that the same as a Bacon Butty?

• 158 Markaccus // Aug 18, 2014 at 7:10 PM

Graeme

now that sounds good. Rarely make a pie, but i might give that a try (that rhymes too!)

• 159 catchy in norway // Aug 18, 2014 at 7:11 PM

ginola goal vrs ferencvaros, i wAs right behind the goal. corner swings in , takes it on his knee, flicks it over one players head , then bang , volley top corner

• 160 Markaccus // Aug 18, 2014 at 7:12 PM

Jesper

Buttie is a slang term for a sandwich made with a bun ot a stottie :)

• 161 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Aug 18, 2014 at 7:14 PM

Mark…a stottie isn’t that a North East thing? ;)

• 162 Graeme // Aug 18, 2014 at 7:14 PM

Markaccus – you heathen, a buttie is a sandwich, be it bacon, BLT, cheese, whatever.

A Stottie is a culinary masterpiece, almost a work of art. A buttie it most definately isnt lol

• 163 JAMSHA(PARDEW SLAYER) // Aug 18, 2014 at 7:14 PM

Ginola for newcastle manager

• 164 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Aug 18, 2014 at 7:18 PM

I am probably going to get bitch slapped here, but a stottie looks like a home made Pita bread :D

• 165 Graeme // Aug 18, 2014 at 7:19 PM

Jesper, consider yourself slapped mate lol

• 166 Markaccus // Aug 18, 2014 at 7:20 PM

Graeme

a sandwich made with bread is not a buttie.

I consider a sandwich made with a stottie a super-buttie :D

Jesper, yes Stotties are a Geordie Masterpiece of bread making :D

• 167 Pardews Prolific Boys // Aug 18, 2014 at 7:21 PM

Pardews ideal 11 would contain watson, perch, Aaron Hughes and colback.

• 168 Goofy // Aug 18, 2014 at 7:23 PM

Markaccus

Fish dance was random, still sounds funny :D

• 169 Markaccus // Aug 18, 2014 at 7:24 PM

Goofy

Yes it did make me chuckle tbh :D

• 170 Pardews Prolific Boys // Aug 18, 2014 at 7:26 PM

Anybody else think Steve glass and clarence acuna were decent squad players? Or am I just being false in my nostalgia?

• 171 optimistic prime // Aug 18, 2014 at 7:31 PM

Poutine is unreal!!!!

Chips with mozzarella curds and gravy

Sickly sweet but a unreal hangover cure!

Went to shark bar in town hoping they had that on the menu but was sadly disappointed :(

• 172 dannitoon // Aug 18, 2014 at 7:31 PM

Let’s stick to developing our own rather than those of other teams

• 173 optimistic prime // Aug 18, 2014 at 7:32 PM

Egg banjo anyone?

• 174 Graeme // Aug 18, 2014 at 7:34 PM

OP – ok, what’s an egg banjo then??

• 175 welshgeordie9 // Aug 18, 2014 at 7:37 PM

Why is it when carragher gives an example football related he always mention Liverpool, i mean if i got paid last season every time he mentioned Suarez and Gerrard I would be a millionaire.

Last 3 cups they have won was on a penalty shoot out, when was the last time they won something with out going on penalties.

• 176 optimistic prime // Aug 18, 2014 at 7:40 PM

Fried egg sarnie

Gets the name banjo cos it looks like your playing the banjo whilst wiping the yolk off your top.

• 177 GeordieTwo // Aug 18, 2014 at 7:40 PM

Apparently the position of Blog Curmudgeon has been open for quite a while now. Hmmmm. Oh all right then. Gol darn tarn sarn it! I accept. I was trying to reduce my blog presence for Belfast but this is too good to pass up. I’ll have some curmudgeonly thoughts for you soon lads.

• 178 GeordieTwo // Aug 18, 2014 at 7:49 PM

Well it’s a shame you brought that up welshie @175. Because it points out to everyone that Liverpool have won cups in the last 40 years and we haven’t!!! Harrumph!!! Does that count as a curmudgeonly comment?

• 179 GeordieTwo // Aug 18, 2014 at 7:50 PM

Top 6 for us? Harrumph!!!

• 180 stuart no9 // Aug 18, 2014 at 7:51 PM

WELL-WELL-WELL – Mr pardew , on the opening game of a new season , manages to break another UNWANTED RECORD , to add to his ever growing list of embarrassing records . For the first time on record , since the data began in 2006 , he is the first manager to manage a team that didn’t have a single shot on target in 90 mins and lose the game . Wow another pardew plunder . Hahaha. Also . Well said David ginola on saying it as it is at NUFC . Top man .

• 181 bladeuser // Aug 18, 2014 at 7:52 PM

Welsh
    carragher mentions liverpool players because they know what they r doing do u want him to talk about nufc players he can about being total donkeys because thats what the defence is barring our dutchman as i reserve judgement but the other 3 and taylor r atrocious i am astounded when willo gets praise really he is garbage as a footballer nufc will get knowwhere fast with these players on the pitch

• 182 GeordieTwo // Aug 18, 2014 at 7:52 PM

A lot of you have asked me “Are we in a chest hair crisis G2 mate?” And I have said nay!!!! Never!!! Whilst there is still a breath of air in me body, chest hair will be flaunted! Harrumph!

• 183 Markaccus // Aug 18, 2014 at 8:03 PM

Alan smith said danny ings was a bit like diego costa. I would suggest it may be a little too soon to make that comparison. Ffs. What a fcuking gobshite he is.

• 184 welshgeordie9 // Aug 18, 2014 at 8:07 PM

I’m not having a go at Liverpool, yes they were dominant years ago, but that was years ago as I said the last 3 cups they have won were on penalties. if they win the league some time then I will take my hat off.

• 185 Goofy // Aug 18, 2014 at 8:07 PM

Alan Smith? Wound and wound the waggedy wock Alan smith? :D

• 186 Markaccus // Aug 18, 2014 at 8:09 PM

Goofy

yes the very same. Totally useless, along with many comentators.

• 187 Markaccus // Aug 18, 2014 at 8:11 PM

Wtf was that from schurle?!?!?

• 188 Goofy // Aug 18, 2014 at 8:12 PM

Don’t like him either seems to have a dig at us quite a lot.

• 189 bladeuser // Aug 18, 2014 at 8:13 PM

I wound rather hear phil neville than alan smith and that is a statement

• 190 Markaccus // Aug 18, 2014 at 8:13 PM

Canny goal.

• 191 bladeuser // Aug 18, 2014 at 8:13 PM

1-0 burnley

• 192 Graeme // Aug 18, 2014 at 8:15 PM

OP – lmao – yes, had lots & lots of them lol

• 193 stuart no9 // Aug 18, 2014 at 8:15 PM

Any body watching burnley ? That’s how you do it . First shot ON TARGET 12,mins . Mind you “!they are playing Chelsea “.

• 194 toon kk // Aug 18, 2014 at 8:15 PM

Burnley have done what we couldn’t, get a shot and target and score.

• 195 bladeuser // Aug 18, 2014 at 8:15 PM

Not saying burnley will win but thats whats happens when u attack with numbers take note alan useless pardue

• 196 welshgeordie9 // Aug 18, 2014 at 8:16 PM

What Chelsea conceded a goal i wonder if chealsea fans want mourinho and the defense out.

• 197 Graeme // Aug 18, 2014 at 8:17 PM

1-1 Chelski!!

• 198 toon kk // Aug 18, 2014 at 8:17 PM

Costa 1-1

• 199 welshgeordie9 // Aug 18, 2014 at 8:17 PM

Well that didn’t take Chelsea long

• 200 bladeuser // Aug 18, 2014 at 8:17 PM

Like i said not saying burnley will win

• 201 Markaccus // Aug 18, 2014 at 8:18 PM

Phil neville was not as good as gary as a player, and he has carried that into his tv career.

I understand the point Welsh was making aboit the phlegmy scouse buscuit Carragher…. he knows nothing about football apart from liverpool during the time he was playing. Gary neville is a good example to compare, he knows the game and pays attention to much more than just Man u and England players. I actually think he is the best pundit on sky at the moment

• 202 Markaccus // Aug 18, 2014 at 8:19 PM

Get in. Costa already paying me back that 10.5 mil
    I was gutted when aguero scored because i sold him thinking he wouldnt play!

• 203 Markaccus // Aug 18, 2014 at 8:21 PM

1-2 schurle. Fiber glass made it.

• 204 Graeme // Aug 18, 2014 at 8:21 PM

1-2 Chelski

• 205 bladeuser // Aug 18, 2014 at 8:22 PM

Thats why top dollar has to b payed fantastic goal

• 206 stuart no9 // Aug 18, 2014 at 8:24 PM

Welsh — why sack mourning , when he can come back like that lol. P really needs to be watching this gorgeous 2 reasons — shots at goal sometimes go in . And what to do when you go 0-1 down .

• 207 welshgeordie9 // Aug 18, 2014 at 8:27 PM

stuart no9

I don’t know if you noticed, probably not, I was being sarcastic.

• 208 welshgeordie9 // Aug 18, 2014 at 8:28 PM

We not still moaning about the man city match are we.

• 209 Mickalonius // Aug 18, 2014 at 8:29 PM

So Stuart abs Blade the solution is to spend 100 million on players. Brilliant, if only Pardew had thought of that. It’s obviously his fault Burnley are losing…

• 210 Markaccus // Aug 18, 2014 at 8:31 PM

Ffs ref. Thats cost me a point. Clear contact.

• 211 Graeme // Aug 18, 2014 at 8:34 PM

1-3 Chelski!!

• 212 Markaccus // Aug 18, 2014 at 8:34 PM

Look at the movement in and around the box.
    Another goal. This is already Chelseas title to lose. I know its the first game, but they look miles ahead of citeh, arsenal, manure and everyone else

• 213 bladeuser // Aug 18, 2014 at 8:35 PM

Yes the solution is to spend the tv money not hoard it every year for when u do sell up if u r satisfied to fight for 10th every year then thats up to u and u dont have to spend £100 mil anothet £20 mil on a top striker and c half would put us on a par to go for sixth and europe

• 214 toon kk // Aug 18, 2014 at 8:36 PM

Bit worrying we’re the only club in the premier league not to have one shot on target.

Burnley are getting ripped apart.

• 215 Jail for Ashley // Aug 18, 2014 at 8:36 PM

Welsh,
    Not having a go here but seriously, how old are you ?

• 216 welshgeordie9 // Aug 18, 2014 at 8:36 PM

well pardew try and get a forward in before transfer dead line day if we don’t win our next two games, surely the fans will be on his back big time if that happens.

• 217 Graeme // Aug 18, 2014 at 8:37 PM

Hey, if Chelski score another one, we wont be bottom of the league!! Just a thought lol

• 218 Mickalonius // Aug 18, 2014 at 8:37 PM

Stuart No. 9. That’s how you do it eh ? Pardew could learn a thing or two… Any other pearls ?

• 219 welshgeordie9 // Aug 18, 2014 at 8:38 PM

Jail for Ashley

It’s very rude to ask somebody’s age.

• 220 bladeuser // Aug 18, 2014 at 8:38 PM

Refs seem to think everybody dives that was a blatent penalty yellow card f#####g joke

• 221 welshgeordie9 // Aug 18, 2014 at 8:39 PM

Not having a go but how old are you

Well you are really aren’t you.

• 222 welshgeordie9 // Aug 18, 2014 at 8:40 PM

If you seriously want to know I’m 102

• 223 Jail for Ashley // Aug 18, 2014 at 8:40 PM

Not if the person you are asking is Welsh ?

• 224 Mickalonius // Aug 18, 2014 at 8:41 PM

Blade user, to guarantee top 6 we would have to outspend Tottenham. Let’s be honest, for top 6 we need a top striker, a midfield playmaker to replace Cabaye and probably two centre halves, that’s about 50 million there….

• 225 JamesToon // Aug 18, 2014 at 8:41 PM

Alright lads, feel sorry for burnley going 1-0 up and just crumbling like that.

• 226 Markaccus // Aug 18, 2014 at 8:41 PM

Tell you what….that hurts. Happened to me a few times in rugby, knocks the wind right out. Thats one player NOT pretending!

• 227 stuart no9 // Aug 18, 2014 at 8:42 PM

That last post just didn’t make sense. One bit . Hahahaha

• 228 Mickalonius // Aug 18, 2014 at 8:42 PM

Welsh, you are looking well for 102…. What’s your secret ?

• 229 welshgeordie9 // Aug 18, 2014 at 8:44 PM

Mickalonius

Having sex 50 times a day.

• 230 JamesToon // Aug 18, 2014 at 8:44 PM

To buy proven top top/world class quality players you have to spend big money.

• 231 welshgeordie9 // Aug 18, 2014 at 8:45 PM

Jail for Ashley

You not welsh are you

• 232 JamesToon // Aug 18, 2014 at 8:45 PM

haha welsh

• 233 Mickalonius // Aug 18, 2014 at 8:46 PM

Sounds awful.

• 234 Fippytrucker // Aug 18, 2014 at 8:47 PM

Merely putting 2 and 2 together to make a number larger than 4, however could there be a correlation between Jonas being told to stay away and Colo choosing to stay??? The rumour mill does not seem to have picked this up as yet.

• 235 toon kk // Aug 18, 2014 at 8:47 PM

Burnley are playing a little better at least they’ll get a good game when they play us.

• 236 beermonkey // Aug 18, 2014 at 8:47 PM

how is ings looking

• 237 Jail for Ashley // Aug 18, 2014 at 8:47 PM

No welsh, I’m not.
    But knowing your age might explain a few things.

• 238 JamesToon // Aug 18, 2014 at 8:48 PM

toon kk

got a good astute manager with Dyche and a lot of english players

• 239 Markaccus // Aug 18, 2014 at 8:50 PM

It just shows what happens when your new signings hit the ground running

Costa has a goal
    Fibre glass has an assist.

Teams like nufc cant compete with that class of player. Instantly playing well in a new league (granted fiber glass has been here before, but several years in spain might have taken a toll on a lesser player). Frightening

• 240 bladeuser // Aug 18, 2014 at 8:52 PM

Mickalonius
    who said spurs will finish sixth they could finish 3rd 6th or 10th and u dont have to out spend them to finish above them spurs spent over £100 mil and did not even get into the champions league 20 mill would get u a top striker and c half and dopy pardue could gave kept our young signing from forest it does not matter how old he is stones of everton is a perfect example of a young player who is now in there 1st team

• 241 jazzyp // Aug 18, 2014 at 8:54 PM

Micah Richards has been told he needs to find a new club before the transfer window shuts. Would be a welcome addition if we could keep him fit !!

• 242 Markaccus // Aug 18, 2014 at 8:56 PM

If we had wanted to keep the forest lad, we would habe had to pay more for him. Its the only way we could get him so cheap. Thats all ashley. He doesnt care that we need a centre back, he just cares about money.

• 243 welshgeordie9 // Aug 18, 2014 at 8:57 PM

Jail for Ashley

Explain a few things, like what.

• 244 Mickalonius // Aug 18, 2014 at 8:59 PM

Blade user, absolutely true, they could finish 3rd to 10th, but you have to admit if you can sign a Diego Costa type player at will odds are you will finish higher in the table, granted nothings guaranteed. Pardew has done ok, not brilliant, but all things considered. Real test will be this season that he has finally got some backing, I think he will do well, time will tell…

• 245 catchy in norway // Aug 18, 2014 at 9:01 PM

I think watching this make you proud to be a Geordie

http://youtu.be/Fz3cLW8ippw Beardsley at his best

one day ,

• 246 welshgeordie9 // Aug 18, 2014 at 9:01 PM

Don’t tell me i know what is

I’m awesome, talented and very good looking.

• 247 beermonkey // Aug 18, 2014 at 9:02 PM

jazzy how as ur day

• 248 Mickalonius // Aug 18, 2014 at 9:03 PM

…and has dangerous levels of sex….

• 249 jimmysmith // Aug 18, 2014 at 9:03 PM

Newcastle must be paying over 200 000 quid a week in wages for players they don’t want. That must be driving Ashley nuts, and surely is(will) having a big impact on the way we do our business from now on in. It’s actually amazing we’ve signed the nine considering the deadwood we seem to be carrying and the owner we have. Benny saga isn’t going to end well either I imagine. Can see that costing the club a whole lot more by the end. He won’t go quietly. Pity the next club that employs him, unless they’re just happy to basically have a strategy of pass the ball to Benny as quick as you can, which I suspect is what he wants, but which isn’t gonna work all that well for a number of reasons, primary among them the eventual resentment of teammates toward player and manager. Happened at Ajax with Suarez who is a shitload better player.

• 250 Mister Tuff // Aug 18, 2014 at 9:04 PM

Wow sex 50 times a day – was about to offer a compliment endorsed by “Respect dude”. But then realised it was you -clearly not having a single partner but a choice of many -some of them pictured below:-

• 251 welshgeordie9 // Aug 18, 2014 at 9:09 PM

Mister Tuff

Jealousy will get you know where boyo, besides you can shove that picture where the sun don’t shine.

• 252 stuart no9 // Aug 18, 2014 at 9:11 PM

welch—- so was i .

• 253 bladeuser // Aug 18, 2014 at 9:11 PM

Yes i agree to finish in the top four nowadays u have to spend a fortune with ashley that is never going to happen we have apparantly spent close to £40 mil cabaye and debs were sold for 30ish and if a couple more players r sold ie hba we will again have a net spend of 0 so ashley has not backed pardue and pardue should stop kissing asleys arse saying he has been backed he should be asking for a portion of the tv money to get this team at the moment challenging for 6th and give the fans some hope and bloody go for the cups

• 254 Our Toon // Aug 18, 2014 at 9:12 PM

Have the mighty Burnley had 2 shots on target against Chelsea, scoring a goal?

• 255 jazzyp // Aug 18, 2014 at 9:13 PM

Beermonkey

hey mate, Apart from the 4hr traffic jam on the A1 at scotch corner……Was a cracking day.
    The minutes silence was impeccably held and quite emotional if I am honest with ya.
    being pitch side I didn’t realise how small Cabella was. Sissoko could be an immense player if only he had more confidence in himself.
    The biggest point I can make between the two sides is Composure.
    On the ball Man city were so relaxed and seemed to have all the time in the world, whereas you could see our lads looked nervous and sometimes panicked when on the ball.

Did you get to watch the game mate ??

• 256 Pardews Prolific Boys // Aug 18, 2014 at 9:13 PM

Can anybody tell me why it’s Pardews fault the team didn’t get a shot on target? Ridiculous. They had shots but not on target
    That’s the players surely?

• 257 welshgeordie9 // Aug 18, 2014 at 9:14 PM

Burnkey might have had 2 shots on target but they still losing.

• 258 welshgeordie9 // Aug 18, 2014 at 9:16 PM

Burnley

• 259 beermonkey // Aug 18, 2014 at 9:17 PM

jazzy

watched some I had some issues with my internet

I think for us its a new way of playing and for the new boys prob not experienced anything like st james park

we got some good games coming up enough time for them to relax
    were wernt shamed yesterday

• 260 stuart no9 // Aug 18, 2014 at 9:18 PM

how come , when we got pardew in ( all those years ago) the reason ashley gave for his appointment was to take the club to the next level.. Who f”ked up then ???

• 261 welshgeordie9 // Aug 18, 2014 at 9:19 PM

So when it’s comes to insulting the welsh is the sheep thing the only thing people can come up with really, it’s so boring now that even the sheep are getting peeved off with it.

• 262 Markaccus // Aug 18, 2014 at 9:20 PM

That jutkiewicz is a big lad. Has he benny into bennys pie stash?

• 263 Our Toon // Aug 18, 2014 at 9:20 PM

Welsh

As they should be against Chelsea!! Remember mate our squad cost more than burnleys

PPB – Burnley had an attack around 5 mins ago they had 4 players in Chelsea box attacking a cross from normal play…We have 1 player in the box.

• 264 Markaccus // Aug 18, 2014 at 9:20 PM

Been into *

• 265 Ketsbaia9 // Aug 18, 2014 at 9:24 PM

I think the most times I’ve had sex is about 9 times in a day. Just stayed in bed all day waiting for it to shoot back up again.

• 266 catchy in norway // Aug 18, 2014 at 9:25 PM

fluke me , I want burnleys manager

they may be getting beat , but at least there having a go, against the strongest team in the league

• 267 stuart no9 // Aug 18, 2014 at 9:26 PM

welsh—– we had no shots on target and lost.

• 268 Markaccus // Aug 18, 2014 at 9:27 PM

Its gone rediculous now. People using a game involving 2 different teams in different circumstances as yet another stick to beat pardew with. You are diluting your own arguments to the point of irrelevance.

• 269 catchy in norway // Aug 18, 2014 at 9:28 PM

Stuart

no shots on target and we were unlucky

lmao

• 270 magoo // Aug 18, 2014 at 9:28 PM

err… getting back to the article, have I missed the bit about Newcastle being offered a player on loan ? Another of Ed’s sensationalist (and frankly untrue) click bait headlines ? surely not

• 271 welshgeordie9 // Aug 18, 2014 at 9:30 PM

268Markaccus

Totally agree match has gone move on to the next one.

• 272 Markaccus // Aug 18, 2014 at 9:30 PM

Ok. I am off. There is only arguments to be had here now, so time to go :D

• 273 Jarra_Mag // Aug 18, 2014 at 9:32 PM

1 minute applause at every premier league game this season in honour of John and Liam?

• 274 welshgeordie9 // Aug 18, 2014 at 9:32 PM

Some people on here make victor meldrew look happy.

• 275 catchy in norway // Aug 18, 2014 at 9:32 PM

Mark

explain how it’s doing that ?

I think watching this match right now shows how poor we were yesterday

Southampton went to liverpool were unlucky , regardless what and when you think they attacked they had 6 shots on target out of 12

pardew showed man c to much respect , we did Pardews party trick , contain , then attack for the last few minutes

poor show

• 276 jazzyp // Aug 18, 2014 at 9:34 PM

Beermonkey

I often found myself comparing players throughout the match.
    Yaya must be worth 50-60 mill and we have Colback on a free.
    Company must be worth 40-50 mill and we have Willo whos worth 2 mill.
    Da silva 30-40 mill….We have Anita at 5 mill.
    Aguero and Navas on the bench at a combined 80-90 mill and we have Obershocker and Perez.
    the gulf in class and money between the 2 sides is immense, yet I thought as many around me did that we held our own

• 277 Our Toon // Aug 18, 2014 at 9:34 PM

Markaccus

I’m not trying to have an argument with anyone, just pointed out a fact…at home we should be taking risks….We put citeh under pressure in the 2nd half but we could have done more in the 1st half.

I was told we played the champions what do you expect, well burnley tonight are having a go which is impressive. We gave a 45min attempt to snatch a draw

• 278 Ketsbaia9 // Aug 18, 2014 at 9:34 PM

I think in order to achieve a top 4 finish, we need idealy 2 centre backs (Alderweireld + Zouma on loan), 1 attacking midfielder (Grenier) and a striker (Benteke, Doumbia, Aubameyang).

• 279 welshgeordie9 // Aug 18, 2014 at 9:35 PM

I DONT BELIEVE IT WE LOST TO THE CHAMPIONS

• 280 DJM TOON // Aug 18, 2014 at 9:36 PM

burnley are having a go??

they got an early goal and since then nothing, unbelievably one sided match.

• 281 Jarra_Mag // Aug 18, 2014 at 9:37 PM

1 minute applause in the 17th minute at every premier league game this season in honour of John and Liam?

• 282 welshgeordie9 // Aug 18, 2014 at 9:37 PM

Ketsbaia9

Stop playing championship manager because we won’t be signing any of those.

• 283 stuart no9 // Aug 18, 2014 at 9:37 PM

pardew prolific @256—— well if it was the players , you have to blame pardew anyway for buying them -Soooo which ever way you look at it mate!!!!!!!

• 284 beermonkey // Aug 18, 2014 at 9:38 PM

jazzy

looking forward to villa sat but would you bring tiote and sdj into the team or leave as is and start with the same team

• 285 DJM TOON // Aug 18, 2014 at 9:39 PM

stuart @283, thats the most stupid thing i’ve ever seen anyone write on this blog.. and i’ve lived through many a wum on this site!

• 286 JamesToon // Aug 18, 2014 at 9:41 PM

We had a good go at city in the second half, especially with so many young players playing, it gave us that extra bit of flair, and city struggled with it. The defending wasn’t very good all through the match, Janmaat didn’t track the runners and Willo and Collo got dominated by Dzeko. But, it’s the champions, we gave it our best effort pardew didn’t do much wrong, their squad is light years ahead of ours in terms of quality. Time to move on to the next game. Bring on villa, we should be boosted by ths returns of M’Biwa, Tiote and SDJ

• 287 catchy in norway // Aug 18, 2014 at 9:41 PM

realistically

what do you expect from the villa match

a team below us in quality,

• 288 stuart no9 // Aug 18, 2014 at 9:42 PM

welch — apart from losing , we didnt have a shot on target. . another unwanted record from the great man !

• 289 beermonkey // Aug 18, 2014 at 9:42 PM

catchy

I expect a win

• 290 JamesToon // Aug 18, 2014 at 9:43 PM

Stuart grow up you bring nothing to this blog apart from boring negativity, start supporting the team

• 291 DJM TOON // Aug 18, 2014 at 9:44 PM

i’d expect a win catchy… what about you?

i dont think it’ll be an easy or pretty game, we’ll both be thinking we can turn each other over but will play tight and defensively, mainly because thats pardews way. not saying i like it or agree but he’s more defense minded than attack, we all know that

but back to the question, yeah, i expect to get three points

• 292 JamesToon // Aug 18, 2014 at 9:44 PM

Stuart so you are blaming pardew for Perez and Sissoko missing those chances right at the end?

• 293 DJM TOON // Aug 18, 2014 at 9:45 PM

jamestoon, this is stuart who has probably sat there and told us all its all down to carr with such great signings with the like of cabaye etc, but when he’s got a screw to turn, now the signings are pardews fault

yawn

• 294 jazzyp // Aug 18, 2014 at 9:45 PM

Beermonkey

Sdj is a definite starter all day long bud. As for Tiote, The only one to drop would be Anita for Mr T.
    I still don’t rate Gouffy if I am honest and would drop him as well.
    I see pellegrini gave us a glowing report which should hold a lot of weight with fans of Nufc.How did we come across on the Tv mate

• 295 welshgeordie9 // Aug 18, 2014 at 9:46 PM

JamesToon

Well said mate

• 296 toon kk // Aug 18, 2014 at 9:46 PM

Burnley are certainly giving it a go, we’ll struggle against them.

• 297 stuart no9 // Aug 18, 2014 at 9:49 PM

DJMTOON —When someone accuses the players of not being able to hit the target surely the person who brought those players in , is to blame ,, or…..

• 298 DJM TOON // Aug 18, 2014 at 9:49 PM

oh yeah toon kk, chelsa are camped in their own half and burnley are knocking hard on that door… chance after chance

giving it a go… are you watching the same match??

• 299 DJM TOON // Aug 18, 2014 at 9:50 PM

so would that be carr and charnley then stuart??

• 300 jazzyp // Aug 18, 2014 at 9:51 PM

Jamestoon

I very much think that if we had had more of a prolific forward on the pitch, As in a Remy or a Ba then things could have looked a whole lot different.
    Fans have to remember we were playing the Premier league champs and a team that will be there or there abouts come the end of the season. And we created enough chances throughout the game to win it

• 301 stuart no9 // Aug 18, 2014 at 9:51 PM

DJM— If i had a club , then went out and bought 11 players that were crap, whos fault is that , cant blame the mrs for that one.

• 302 JamesToon // Aug 18, 2014 at 9:52 PM

Stuart so your saying that coz Perez or Sissoko or whoever can’t hit a shot on target in their first match, then they never will be able to and the manager should be blamed for buying them?

• 303 Mickalonius // Aug 18, 2014 at 9:52 PM

Burnley are brilliant, best manager, giving it a real go, probably will get beaten 4-1 but at least they have shots on target, which, let’s face it, is the measure of a successful football team. Pardew in, out, shake it all about. Good night and thank you.

• 304 jimiley // Aug 18, 2014 at 9:53 PM

Winning against Chelsea and Man City is like Hartlepool beating us. We buy 3 Million players and City buy 30 M players. Hartlepool buy 3 thousand pound players to our 3 million players. Upsets are possible but that is all we can do. We will win nothing. We may be in the same league as Chelsea but its an illusion really.

• 305 Average_Contents // Aug 18, 2014 at 9:53 PM

FACUNDO Ferreyra netted twice for Newcastle United’s Under-21s in a 3-3 draw against Bolton Wanderers tonight.

Sammy Ameobi was also on target for Peter Beardsley’s side in a goal-laden first half at Leyland.

All six goals in the Under-21 Premier League game, staged at the headquarters of Lancashire’s Football Association, came in the first 45 minutes.

Ferreyra, signed on a season-long loan from Shakhtar Donetsk, was not involved in yesterday’s first-team opener against Manchester City at St James’s Park.

But the 23-year-old could now come into contention for Saturday’s game against Aston Villa at Villa Park.

NEWCASTLE UNITED: Alnwick, Barlaser, Ferguson, Olley, Williams, Satka, Roberts, Bigirimana, Ferreyra, Armstrong, Ameobi.

• 306 beermonkey // Aug 18, 2014 at 9:53 PM

jazzy

after last seasons debacle yesterday was enjoyable
    I know we panicked infront of goal but given a couple are new to the league they can be forgiven

lots of positives for me and I cant really say pards got anything wrong
    when it all comes together up front we will score goals

• 307 catchy in norway // Aug 18, 2014 at 9:53 PM

I think we will lose the game,,

I think to many on here are deluded , giving stupid reasons as to why we lost yesterday, and are not being realistic

I get that people live in hope , I get that we have a good squad, but pardew is going to treat the game like the game yesterday , try and keep it tight for 70 mins then if we are in the game still , he will allow us to attack,

this is his style

think this time next week we are routed to the bottom of the table

excuse will be , SDJ is not fit , we will see a different team when he is in it,

I just don’t get why he hypes players up to make it sound like we can not live without them

• 308 Toon Tang // Aug 18, 2014 at 9:53 PM

Chelsea could have at least scored one more to lift us off the foot, the inconsiderate bastards…

• 309 JamesToon // Aug 18, 2014 at 9:54 PM

Ok so now your saying every single player we have is crap and pardew should be blamed for having that team, right……

• 310 DJM TOON // Aug 18, 2014 at 9:54 PM

so, by your analogy,

if you bought a club and went out and bought players that were sh*t

so its all mike ashleys fault

thats your logic, so why you giving pardew the grief?

i’m not a fan of pardew but it doesnt alf grab my goat when people dont think rationally or logically about what comes into their heads

• 311 JamesToon // Aug 18, 2014 at 9:55 PM

We should sack pardew and get Dyche as our manager and I reckon we should get top 4

• 312 Our Toon // Aug 18, 2014 at 9:55 PM

DJM

Remind me the how many international players Burnley have and how much there squad is valued at please?

All I keep hearing is we played the champions…We created more last season against the “champions” they had a weaker team than the one that played us last season.

• 313 jazzyp // Aug 18, 2014 at 9:55 PM

Krull’s crap
    Sissoko crap
    Cabella crap
    Cabaye crap
    Debs crap
    Ba crap
    Remy crap all Pardewed hahahaha (sarcasm)

• 314 stuart no9 // Aug 18, 2014 at 9:55 PM

jazzy — burnley have just played probably the beat team in the league. hit the target a few times and scored

• 315 toon kk // Aug 18, 2014 at 9:56 PM

DJM
    I’m not saying they were on top, but they worked hard against a top side especially for a newly promoted club.
    we will have a tuff game with them.

• 316 Our Toon // Aug 18, 2014 at 9:58 PM

Are we bottom? Thought burnley would be because they conceded 3?

• 317 Ketsbaia9 // Aug 18, 2014 at 9:58 PM

I think Chelsea, Arsenal and Man City are better than us, but I’m not sure about the rest. Liverpool, Spurs, Everton and Man Utd need to strengthen. It all depends on what happens at the end of the window. At the moment, our squad is probably the 6th best in the league.

• 318 stuart no9 // Aug 18, 2014 at 10:01 PM

DJM—– ashley wouldnt have a clue who to buy , therefore , my guess is pardew may , just may , have gave him a tipoff, after all he is the manager , i HOPE he knows who hes buying, sayin that………..he knows who hes buying, just dosnt know what the f”ck to do with them yet

• 319 catchy in norway // Aug 18, 2014 at 10:01 PM

what I hate

why you make it sound like we don’t like the players when we slate pardew
    obertan yes

but the others no, we think we have a good squad , in fact I think we have a better squad than most if you pro pardew lot , we think pardew holds them back,
    we play to defensive under pardew , not on the front foot as pardew tells you,

set them free

• 320 jimiley // Aug 18, 2014 at 10:01 PM

We need a CF and Cf back to make us a decent team. Mid table. Will that happen? No. There is no ambition to move forward. These players will only come in in January if we are struggling.
    Pards has now lost 8 out of the last 9. An all time record. Any other manager would be long gone. But this crappy club keeps faith in him. WHY??????

• 321 Our Toon // Aug 18, 2014 at 10:02 PM

I think we have the 8th best squad in the league

Chelsea
    Citeh
    Liverhampton
    Arsenal
    Spurs
    Everton
    Man Utd

These sides are above us but at home we should be taking points off them at home.

• 322 DJM TOON // Aug 18, 2014 at 10:02 PM

catchy, i see it where your coming from, really i do… pardew plays to contain and then nick the game.

he would rather defend a lead than extend it

he plays in fear of any opponent almost

i will also accept that that will also be passed down to the players… to an extent

its a negative game plan and i dont like it

but with all that said, he wants to win, everyone in the world, whatever they do, wants to be succesful.

we might not agree with his style, but he’s not wrong when he says we’ve bought some nice attack minded players that can only be a positive

what we really need, and yesterday showed it, we need a proven striker and a CB.

personally i dont think we’ll get anymore so this is our lot

saying all that drivel, i still think we’ll win next week!

• 323 beermonkey // Aug 18, 2014 at 10:03 PM

catchy
    I see where ur coming from, I will hold off on judgment till after he was always going to be cautious we were playing city

• 324 DJM TOON // Aug 18, 2014 at 10:04 PM

stuart… you dont half talk some nonsense mate

so from ashley, if its not him, then theres no charnley or carr… straight to pardew and its his fault

god, is that the time

• 325 jazzyp // Aug 18, 2014 at 10:04 PM

Stuartn09

Well done to Burnley then mate,Not watched the game myself pal. As I have said I do believe a quality forward could have made the difference yesterday rather than the wayward shooting of yesterday.

• 326 GeordieTwo // Aug 18, 2014 at 10:04 PM

So it’s settled then Belfast? Lettuce leaves at dawn? May the best man win. And bring a sweater, it can get a bit chilly at that time of day. And we’ll need time for a nice fry-up afterwards.

• 327 stuart no9 // Aug 18, 2014 at 10:05 PM

DJM—-In fact could that be another unwanted statistic at nufc,, the first time newcastle have been bottom of the league after 1 GAME, hahahahahhaha , he just loves these records dosnt he hahaha

• 328 GeordieTwo // Aug 18, 2014 at 10:05 PM

Completely mad as usual ketsy @317.

• 329 stuart no9 // Aug 18, 2014 at 10:07 PM

another pardew plunder , the first man to manage newcastle and be bottom of the league after 1 game.

• 330 Ketsbaia9 // Aug 18, 2014 at 10:07 PM

I think we have a better squad than Everton and Man Utd. Man Utd could finish in the bottom half this season if they don’t sign 7/8 new players before the end of the window.

• 331 GeordieTwo // Aug 18, 2014 at 10:07 PM

I’m always telling the lasses around here to set them free as well catchy mate @319. But nobody listens. Why do I even bother giving out advice?

• 332 Rotonda heights // Aug 18, 2014 at 10:07 PM

jazzyp

all those mentioned were good and successful players before. You could argue too good to be pardewed

We can all play those games

tevez
    mascherano
    Routledge
    ben Arfa
    marveaux
    Bigirimana
    Jonas
    etc etc not sarcasm.

• 333 Toon Tang // Aug 18, 2014 at 10:07 PM

Our Toon, yeah we’re on the same goal difference and they are B so higher in the alphabetical gubbins mate.

We’re all doomed I tells ya…

• 334 Our Toon // Aug 18, 2014 at 10:08 PM

Well the only way is up (not quoting More People)

• 335 GeordieTwo // Aug 18, 2014 at 10:09 PM

Ketsy stop mate, you’re making my sides ache.

• 336 GeordieTwo // Aug 18, 2014 at 10:10 PM

Does anybody know of a good footy blog ketsy could go to?

• 337 jazzyp // Aug 18, 2014 at 10:11 PM

NUFC Stats ?@NUFC_Stats · 55 mins
    No Premier League side over the weekend had more of their possession in the middle third of the pitch than NUFC – 52% #nu

Another accolade for Pardew ……Lets keep em coming lads

• 338 Our Toon // Aug 18, 2014 at 10:12 PM

Jazzy P

Is that a good thing or a bad thing?

• 339 jazzyp // Aug 18, 2014 at 10:12 PM

Rotonda

Exactly my point bud, an argument always has two sides to the debate rather than just being one sided

• 340 jazzyp // Aug 18, 2014 at 10:14 PM

Our toon

Depends whether your a nagger or a positive spin doctor bud !!
    Liked the Liverhampton by the way

• 341 catchy in norway // Aug 18, 2014 at 10:15 PM

djm

I’d love a proven goal scoring cf, but I think this would only make pardew give less support to the forward

and I strongly disagree about pardew wanting to be a winner, I think like in all walks of life , you get people who are just happy to be there , and he is one of them types , he is not a go getter , or any kind of risk taker

very sad

• 342 stuart no9 // Aug 18, 2014 at 10:15 PM

james toon .. i support the team , not the manager, you should know that by now. i will RETURN to my expensive seat in the milburn stand When and only when , the chancer f”ks off back down the smoke where he belongs.

• 343 catchy in norway // Aug 18, 2014 at 10:17 PM

jazzy
    that embarrassing really

all that possession and we hardly passed the ball forward for 75 mins

• 344 catchy in norway // Aug 18, 2014 at 10:18 PM

rotonda

add cabaye, ba, debuchy to that list

• 345 optimistic prime // Aug 18, 2014 at 10:18 PM

Is it Groundhog Day ?

• 346 catchy in norway // Aug 18, 2014 at 10:20 PM

we are bottom of league

• 347 stuart no9 // Aug 18, 2014 at 10:21 PM

jamestoon —-@ 302—- i havnt said that , you did. i have not blamed any players at all , someone else did . com on lad stop lagging behind

• 348 stuart no9 // Aug 18, 2014 at 10:23 PM

catchy — you cant go round saying ‘ we are bottom of the league on this blog , you know some on here dont take facts seriously.

• 349 Our Toon // Aug 18, 2014 at 10:25 PM

Jazzy

Don’t get me wrong mate I thought we gave a good account of ourselves but in the final 3rd we were dreadful. I’m trying to be positive but I judge what I see, we very rarely got more than 1 person in the box which is really disturbing. Anyway it’s done let’s move onto villa….won’t be an easy game that, HBA won that game for us last year with his goal and assist….let’s hope SDJ is back. Villa will have quick forwards so that’s a scary prospect

Liverhampton…A know a couple of scouse lads and they hate it when I refer to them as that….I told them it was odd to have a derby game as the 1st match of the season.

• 350 catchy in norway // Aug 18, 2014 at 10:25 PM

Stuart

this is something they do all the time

try to make it like we are against the players

try to make it sound like we only want a top manager to replace pardew

wrong again

they infact talk the players down,

they also talk the club down by saying we will not attract a good manager

that’s sad

• 351 GeordieTwo // Aug 18, 2014 at 10:26 PM

Anybody who thinks we’re going to finish 6th this season is wearing the thong of delusion. Come on now, snap out of it! We are possibly a solid 10th or 11th place team without too many injuries. Mike says “mediocrity, it’s a beautiful thing.” :shock:

• 352 JamesToon // Aug 18, 2014 at 10:26 PM

Not sure what to make of Ashley increasing his shares at Rangers, people saying he’s getting ready to sell us and buy them when they get back into the SPL. Seen a few rangers fans saying they would welcome him with open arms and that we are “ungrateful” towards him lol. I think it would make a lot of sense for ashley to move to somewhere like rangers, not a very competitive league, and wouldn’t require that much of an investment in the team to keep up a title challenge and CL.

• 353 catchy in norway // Aug 18, 2014 at 10:28 PM

Stuart

pardew sets the tone for the club, he is an excuse maker ,

I’d love to here him just tell the truth for once

• 354 GeordieTwo // Aug 18, 2014 at 10:29 PM

And now, for those in the mood, a little Muskrat Love:
    And they whirl and they twirl and they tango
    Singin’ and jinglin’ the jango
    Float’en like the heavens above
    Looks like Muskrat Love

• 355 GeordieTwo // Aug 18, 2014 at 10:31 PM

This is the start of a wonderful goal difference season. As of now -2. As of Dec. 31st -22. As of end of season -52.

• 356 jazzyp // Aug 18, 2014 at 10:35 PM

Ourtoon

I said earlier that we lacked that composure on the ball in the final third and seemed to panic once we had got into an attacking position.
    Personally I thought we created a lot as did Pellegrini in his comment regarding how his defence stood firm when under pressure. Hopefully mate Sdj will add a bit more spark and link up play at the top of the field as it is still an obvious part of the field that needs to be addressed .

• 357 stuart no9 // Aug 18, 2014 at 10:36 PM

the fact is without putting a too finer point on it—-, too cut a long story short, — to get straight to point,—-not to beat around the bush. —- to get to the nitty gritty, Pardew is manager—-he is responsible and accountable for what happens on that pitch in those 90 mins . disagree ????ask any manager at any organisation . the buck stops with him.

• 358 Geremi's Prosthetic Leg Fund // Aug 18, 2014 at 10:39 PM

League table makes grim reading this evening!
    I think we will be fine this season, but our style will stay the same. I.e not a possession game, just playing on the break.

• 359 Ketsbaia9 // Aug 18, 2014 at 10:40 PM

• 360 Bambams // Aug 18, 2014 at 10:51 PM

We are a club in limbo…..

We will hover around mid table and that is all.

Pardew has no hiding places, excuses have all been used but lets get behind the club we have new signings ans we have played the Champions already.

Not all doom and gloom, lets see where we are after the usually accepted 12 games yardstick.

• 361 beermonkey // Aug 18, 2014 at 10:55 PM

james toon

Ashley will never sell us and buy rangers, rangers don’t get the coverage for his tat shops that we do

• 362 stuart no9 // Aug 18, 2014 at 10:55 PM

catchy — some people will try and turn it round and say we slag the players , thats where they trip up , i have never got a singlre player in 5 years on this blog, — pardew , all the time , not the players. coz they have ran out of excuses for pards , they will turn to us . its normal stuff, ignore it just keep hitting them with facts. one day catchy , one day.!!

• 363 stuart no9 // Aug 18, 2014 at 10:58 PM

this is for the pardew brigade. if we lose next week and are rooted at the bottom. whos fault is that ??? then , if it is pardews, should he be sacked before we get into a position we cant get out of .???

• 364 Dingo†® // Aug 18, 2014 at 11:02 PM

the only way is up… At least we are bottom of the league at the good end of the season! Have faith! HWTL

• 365 Dingo†® // Aug 18, 2014 at 11:03 PM

Once more unto the breach, dear Geordies, once more;
    Or close the wall up with our glorious dead!
    In peace there’s nothing so becomes a man,
    As modest stillness and humility;
    But when the blast of war blows in our ears,
    Then imitate the action of the tiger:
    Stiffen the sinews, conjure up the blood,
    Disguise fair nature with hard-favoured rage:
    Then lend the eye a terrible aspect;
    Let it pry through the portage of the head,
    Like the brass cannon; let the brow o’erwhelm it
    As fearfully as doth a galled rock
    O’erhang and jutty his confounded base,
    Swill’d with the wild and wasteful ocean.
    Now set the teeth and stretch the nostril wide;
    Hold hard the breath and bend up every spirit
    To his full height. On, on, you noblest Geordies,
    Whose blood is fet from fathers of war-proof!
    Fathers that, like so many Geordies,
    Have in these parts from morn till even fought,
    And sheathed their swords for lack of argument.
    Dishonour not your mothers: now attest,
    That those whom you call’d fathers did beget you.
    Be copy now to men of grosser blood,
    And teach them how to war. And you, good yeoman,
    Whose limbs were made in Newcastle, show us here
    The mettle of your pasture: let us swear
    That you are worth your breeding; which I doubt not;
    For there is none of you so mean and base,
    That hath not noble lustre in your eyes.
    I see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,
    Straining upon the start. The game’s afoot:
    Follow your spirit; and upon this charge,
    Cry ‘Howay for Pardew! Newcastle! and Fat Mike!’

• 366 Mister Tuff // Aug 18, 2014 at 11:14 PM

dingo – there’ll be dopes coming on here in the morning -folk like bills – checking the overnight posts. He’ll probably complain about your literary skills not realising who first penned those words.

• 367 the truth will out // Aug 18, 2014 at 11:16 PM

if we are bottom in four weeks the lot should go

• 368 carl // Aug 18, 2014 at 11:26 PM

Dingo
    At last something worth reading. Henry V, Act III, Scene I. Once more unto the breach, dear friends…….
    William Shakespeare

• 369 Dingo†® // Aug 18, 2014 at 11:29 PM

@ Mister Tuff

noted and correct……! Sometimes its like a cross between a spelling bee and the waiting room at a depression counselors on here….

• 370 expatmag // Aug 19, 2014 at 12:06 AM

Catchy

Strongest team in the league is not Chelsea but currently Manchester City as they are reigning champions.

As far as I can recall, we came pretty damn close to equalising yesterday on several occasions before they killed the game off in the 93 minute.

You need to stop taking you bias to new levels and be more realistic in your posts.

• 371 Sav // Aug 19, 2014 at 12:25 AM

There should be no loaning of players to clubs in the same league. Ridiculous. There should also be a limit to the number of professional players a club may sign. If we buy 2 lads and loan them back to Forest, they should still count against our limit of permitted official players. With a cap on players a club can own, more good players will become available to rival clubs, improving the competition.

• 372 Dingo†® // Aug 19, 2014 at 1:04 AM

@ Carl

Now Henry V or Billy S would have been great man managers!!!! Imagine the half time talk!!! The whole team would come out with pointy beards and broad swords…..

• 373 Dingo†® // Aug 19, 2014 at 1:06 AM

By the way… this was William Shakespeare’s ORIGINAL manuscript …… its not common knowledge but he was an avid toon supporter!

previous post: Former Star – It’s So Frustrating With Newcastle – There’s Always A But

next post: Could This Frenchman Do A Job For Newcastle?