The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

This Player Like A Breath Of Fresh Air At Newcastle

8:40 am, Tuesday, August 19th, 2014 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 21 Comments

Remy Cabella has been interviewed today, and he talks about the great atmosphere on Sunday at St. James’ Park, which he says was brilliant, and he hopes the fans will stay by the team this season.

remy cabella dribbling man city

Remy Cabella – sported a new haircut on Sunday

Remy will soon find out that as long as the players give 100% in the games, as each one of them did on Sunday, the Geordie fans will back the players 100%.

It was Cabella’s first competitive game for Newcastle,  and he showed enough skills for the home fans to be happy enough that this lad could well become a star player for the Magpies in the future.

This is what Cabella had to say to Miles Starforth in the Shields Gazette today:

“The atmosphere was exceptional.” “You think about it, and you play it out in your head, but you never really know until you set foot on the pitch.”

“That’s when you feel the atmosphere, and I just want to say a massive thank you to the supporters, who were absolutely brilliant.”

“I’m a little bit disappointed with the result – it would have been great to come away with a victory – but we can take some positives away from the performance.”

“We’ll move on from here. Hopefully, they can continue to be like that until the end of the season, as we really will need their support.”

“Hopefully, we can repay them with a few victories as well.” “We played the best team in the league.”  “We knew what to expect, and I don’t think we embarrassed ourselves.”

“We put in a good performance, and we just have to try and get a win in the next game against Villa.” “I know what to expect now, having played against the best team,””

“I know what to do. I’ve got to get out there and make sure I work harder and keep performing better each week.”

This lad seems so dedicated already to Newcastle, and of course he was simply over the moon to join a club of Newcastle’s standing.

He seems like a breath of fresh air at Newcastle.

Remy’s personality will soon make him one of the fans’ favorites, and hopefully we will see Newcastle more on the ascendancy at Aston Villa, a game we have won 2-1 in the previous two seasons.

One of the things that has impressed us the most with our new signings, is that all the players seem delighted to be at Newcastle, and that bodes well for for future and for team spirit.

We will need that in abundance if we are to have a good season this term – and a good season is what the fans really need.

With the squad we have right now that looks possible, but maybe we still need two more players brought in before September 2nd rolls around?

What do you think?

You can follow us on our three social media sites below:

Tags: Coaching · Premier League · Remy Cabella · Transfer News and Rumours

21 responses so far ↓

• 1 Jail for Ashley // Aug 19, 2014 at 8:46 AM

Catchy,
    Were you talking about the legendary Robbie Mustoe or a different one ?

• 2 Average_Contents // Aug 19, 2014 at 8:47 AM

I like this lad it feels like he loves the toon already

The commentators made me laugh on Sunday though the numpties, he done a couple of stepovers on the edge of citeh’s box but bearing in mind he wasn’t actually going forward just in a stationery position whilst flicking his feet over the ball “the Newcastle fans are going to love that”

• 3 beermonkey // Aug 19, 2014 at 8:50 AM

average

I seldom read what he says

a better thing to say was it was good to see a reaction from the lads after the goal went in

I aint sticking up him but I would listen to him more than read tbh on more than one occasion he has had stuff said taken out of context and miss worded not the only manager this has happened to

but like I say I don’t read him cos he says stupid shit and I get wound up

• 4 catchy in norway // Aug 19, 2014 at 8:51 AM

jail

like it or not , he was a pro player , much like pardew , the fact that he called it correct to me seems he knows the game,

• 5 catchy in norway // Aug 19, 2014 at 8:55 AM

pizza delivery boy

of course it’s going to take time to adapt, that’s not my point, my point is EVERY IN THE DIVISION needs this time , so that puts us all in the same boat ,

while our team is adapting , every other team is is getting better also,

• 6 martoon // Aug 19, 2014 at 8:56 AM

It is funny how people watch the same match and come away with a different opinion. Most people think we did OK but Catchy & Robbie Mustoe didn’t :)
    Actually I thought Janmaat had a poor game and Dummett was quite solid yet other people have it the other way around.

• 7 scout // Aug 19, 2014 at 8:58 AM

We need to move the ball from back to front quicker, this will come in time

• 8 Average_Contents // Aug 19, 2014 at 8:59 AM

Beermonkey

I try to steer clear too mate as it boils my piss the shite he says

As I said about things out of context I agree but he shouldn’t be saying it in any way shape or form but what I tend to do if one of his remarks irks me I’ll find the video and watch it as much as it pains me, to try and gauge the overall interview and see if it was out of context….on this occasion he smiles/smirks as he says it

Needless to say I nearly blew up lol he’s a slimeball and a smarmy kunt to boot!

• 9 Sliema // Aug 19, 2014 at 9:00 AM

Catchy

We have 7 new players. Does every team in the country have that many to have to gel together? I think not.

• 10 beermonkey // Aug 19, 2014 at 9:02 AM

martoon

I think we did ok but based on last season from xmas it was not hard for us to look a lot better

but on the whole we have never done to bad against the top team hughton had a ok record against top teams if mem serves me for me villa is the game we will learn a little more these are the teams we struggle with

I think we will win it

• 11 Dingo†® // Aug 19, 2014 at 9:02 AM

@ Maartoon

Jaamaat did have a poor game.. he was sluggish and got caught ball watching instead of marking his man… mind you he had a lot of games in the world cup.. he’s got obvious quality though.

• 12 scout // Aug 19, 2014 at 9:03 AM

Man u at the darkside next, that is a 6 pointer imo lol

• 13 martoon // Aug 19, 2014 at 9:06 AM

beermonkey @10 – We normally raise our game against the top teams. I think Villa will be a good pointer to our season as they will be buoyed by their away win – not going to be as easy as people think!

• 14 croftus5678 // Aug 19, 2014 at 9:08 AM

@6 martoon

imo we did great and wasnt outplayed.
    janmaat didnt have a good game imo and dummett did ok but i could see he was not upto city’s and imo he should be backip to hairdryer who could be as good a lb as we have had imo.

i need to also single perez out who didnt look out of his depth considering he’s a young lad and came from the second devision that he definatly didnt make us look weak in that area (i only watched highlights on motd btw as was working)

colback looked very solid and when tiote comes back we will be very solid in mid and since cabella has come in and started playing i havent heard anyone crying about arfa yet lol.

• 15 Rotonda heights // Aug 19, 2014 at 9:13 AM

Ed

For us to see the best of Cabella and the other new young guns, Pardew needs to move away from his usual over cautious containment play, lack of movement and deep defending, which actually hands the opposition the initiative to attack us.

There were signs of things changing on Sunday, but arguably after we had to chase the game. If pardew is positive from the off I’m sure he will reap the benefits sooner rather than later.

Yes we many lose a couple but rather we go down competing and playing football than what we saw last season and the one before.

• 16 WestOzMag // Aug 19, 2014 at 9:14 AM

Put this one behind us and move on. City are the best team in the league. It was always going to be a hard game and tbh i didnt expect anything from this one. Nothing less than a point at villa would be surfice. Let’s hope the defence can step up to the plate. I would also hope that there is a supporting cast for Riverre. I really don’t like 1 up front especially at home so having SDJ playing will add another dimension to the front line

• 17 Lilongwe Geordie // Aug 19, 2014 at 9:14 AM

The problem with our side needing 10 games to gel is that during those 10 games there are plenty of very winnable matches. If we don’t win half of these then it leaves us in a poor place going into a far harder set of fixtures.

I’m not arguing with the validity of his argument, but we need to get off to a good start this season, and the next 7 games are ones we should be looking to win. Pardew needs to get the team winning and gelling at the same time. He hasn’t been helped by the fact we had to rebuild so substantially, if we had continually improved over the last 2/3 windows then we wouldn’t have had as many to gel and settle at once.

• 18 Pottz // Aug 19, 2014 at 9:15 AM

Villa away is a tough game. A draw would be a good result, especially as it takes time to gel the new set of players.

On days like these I have the most amazing spectacular job on the planet,

The amount of stick Pardew gets is unreal, he is welcome to his poisoned chalice of a job as NUFC manager.

Whether or not we think he is a decent manager or not, give the guy, the supporters and some of yourselves a break and try and enjoy the beauty of supporting the club.

• 19 catchy in norway // Aug 19, 2014 at 9:18 AM

I have no idea where any of you get the notion from that I think our players played badly,

I came on here and said I thought our defence coped quite well, I thought both of there goals had a touch of magic about them, I was impressed with dummett , he kept nasri quiet,

I thought city at times were camped around our box passing it around , but could not find away in,

I think goofy was running all over but no were we needed him, I thought sissoko and Anita had great games , giving the players they where up against, but then you move the ball past the half way line rivi chased everything down, you could not ask for more , and cabella, wow what a player, fantastic on the ball , but lacked options , regardless of who we play every player needs options ,

then the first sub, who in there right mind would make obertan their first sub, not many, the fact that he went into hiding when he came on meant we went down to 10 men

another fact for you, the more new players pardew introduced , the better we became, yes they need time to gel, but did the players do anything wrong ? no

first sub was wrong, so wrong, and the tactic to contain is wrong , the game is 90 mins long , why on earth would anyone let there team play for only 15 minutes ?

• 20 nufc 11 // Aug 19, 2014 at 9:24 AM

Where was the captain of our team for there goal it was a joke you wouldnt see the defending in sunday league yet ap will pick him hands down after mistake after mistake he makes the way the back four plays has alot to do with the way they are coached enuf siad.

• 21 askar // Aug 19, 2014 at 8:05 PM

Hello! In my opinion Ben Arfa = 11 * Cabella…Yes Cabella is a good young player but if I had to choose between the two, I would choose Ben Arfa a hundred times rather than Cabella. Anyway with Pardew we have no chance to see our magic boy again in a Black and White :-(

You have to see this video: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x23fvfp_hatem-ben-arfa-hope-that-you-remember-me_sport

previous post: It Will Take Ten Games For New Team To Gel – Pardew