Newcastle Winger Working To Build Up Strength And Physique

Remy Cabella has been interviewed today, and the Corsica-born player has admitted he will have to build up his strength and endurance so he is able to cope with the much more physical game in England than he was used to in France.

remy  cabella dzeko

Remy Cabella – working to build up strength

And the 24 year-old seems willing to do that after he went through a bruising affair on his debut against Manchester City last Sunday, although he stood up quite well to various tackles made on him, and he will only get better and stronger with more Premier League games.

And Remy is already working in the gym to build up his strength, and he was asked how he felt after his debut for Newcastle against the Premier League Champions:

“I definitely felt that!” “The referee doesn’t always blow when you take a knock, and I felt a few knocks!” “I’m here to learn.”

“I’ll get in the gym and make sure I’m a bit bigger to maybe stand up to it a little bit better.” “I’ve got to work on that.”

“The speed and intensity of the game is much different to France,” “It’s a real change from Ligue 1. It’s end to end – you’re attacking and you’re defending.”

“It just goes really, really fast. It’s definitely different in that respect.” “I just need to get used to how fast it goes.” “I’ll take a little bit of time to learn, but I’ll learn as fast as I can.”

And Cabella was even compared to Manchester City’s Samir Nasri and David Silva by Alan Pardew after the game. in that he has that same kind of creativity and skill to open up opposing defenses.

Remy is slightly built, but that’s nothing that some strength work in the gym will not put right quite quickly, and certainly our new French winger has a great attitude, and that’s (very) important for any professional footballer.

It’s one of the things  you need to be a big success at Newcastle.

What do you think?

Note: Paul Lawson is a NUFC season ticket holder living in Birmingham, and wonders if there are any other season ticket holders in the area, so they can share the car expenses to Newcastle – you can contact Paul at 07969296054.

You can follow us on our three social media sites below:

• xiaofeiii

Aug 22, 2014 at 9:08 AM

Hi guys!

I will be travelling from singapore to catch my first ever match. Anyone can recommend which area should i stay in tyne?

• Geremi's Prosthetic Leg Fund

Aug 22, 2014 at 9:11 AM

Top lad. Let Ben Arfa back in Pardew man! Let’s have these two competing or playing together, it can only be good for the team.
    If we shift Jonas and bring in Van Dijk or someone at CB id be very happy with our squad. We’d be that one ST short of a complete squad, which I can live with for now.
    We mustn’t sell Tiote, in a decent team with him doing the simple stuff he’s a fantastic player.

• Ethiotoon

Aug 22, 2014 at 9:14 AM

Lilo
    we are very lucky if we get the lad from Scotland or Micah,whoever comes,definitely better than the ones we have.Micah is big and strong,scarey for players to challenge him,which is an advantage,good in the air as well as going forward, and tireless.

• Ethiotoon

Aug 22, 2014 at 9:19 AM

I said lucky based on the competition for him,Virgil
    and demand bcoz he is young,

• Lilongwe Geordie

Aug 22, 2014 at 9:21 AM

Ethio,
    Just cause they are better than what we have got doesn’t make them the right person to get if we get an influx of cash for the sale of Tiote. John O’Shea is probably better than Saylor. Doesn’t mean he would be the right signing if we had £10-14 million available.

• Neil

Aug 22, 2014 at 9:21 AM

Good morning everyone. Long time no post. I was just reading the Tiote thread and am surprised at how sceptical some folk are about not acting beforehand should he be sold. Surely everyone (Including Pardew haters etc!!) can see that we have learned lessons from previous years by the Debuchy/Janmaat deal – we’re not sanctioning the Debuchy deal until we have Janmaat tied up.

• firebug666

Aug 22, 2014 at 9:28 AM

Re-post

Lilongwe Geordie

Last season Tiote had some very good games and some very poor games. Some of his passing was poor, this can be down to several things, A player not in a position to receive the pass, the pass is intercepted, the pass goes into touch or the pass is just of target.

Last season our passing was atrocious all over the pitch and Tiote was no exception in that. but as I have stated twice now that was down to our poor team performances.

Tiote’s passing was poor ( but i was not having a go at him) because the whole team were poor too.

When we have good players around him, his passing improves as does his tackling and we see him at his best.

Last season most of Tiote’s passing (most of the team passing) was backwards to our own CB’s, and most of our forward passing (inc. Tiote) was intercepted or drilled into touch.

If you read what I originally wrote in context this is all I say, Tiote’s passing was poor in a poor team. This season I think he will be awesome at DM because players around him will make themselves available for him to pass to.

I still think he is a bit rash sometimes, but that’s the nature of the player.

• Crawfordladd17

Aug 22, 2014 at 12:59 PM

Get rid of Jonas(get about £2m), S.Taylor(£3m), Obertan(£2m) and Ben Arfa(£8m). Bring in a centre back and a winger from that money.

• jasper

Aug 22, 2014 at 8:57 PM

Xiaofelil
    Malmaison on the quayside is out of the ordinary and they have three rooms left Saturday night (look on bookings.com).
    15 minute walk to the ground past nearly every bar in Newcastle