What’s Newcastle’s Best Team For Aston Villa?

Siem de Jong is back in the squad and he could make his debut at Villa Park tomorrow, although Alan Pardew has told the Dutchman he will have to work hard to make the starting line-up.

siem de jong grea hands in air

Siem de Jong – could start for Newcastle

Whether he plays or not will depend on how he looks in training today, but surely if all looks well the Dutch International will start for Newcastle against Villa tomorrow.

Remy Cabella played in the number 10 role against Manchester City last Sunday and played quite well, but he will potentially move out wide and Siem is likely to start in the withdrawn striker role.

We are not sure what formation Alan will use tomorrow, but here’s what we think would be a good starting eleven at Villa Park tomorrow in a 4-2-3-1 formation

Krul
Janmaat Williamson Coloccini (c) Dummett
Colback Anita
Sissoko de Jong Cabella
Riviere
Subs: Elliot Taylor(S) Haidara Obertan Aarons Perez Gouffran

There are four Dutchman in that side and only three Frenchmen – so as Bob Dylan used to sing – The Times They Are A Changin’.

And it’s Yoan Gouffran who drops down to the bench in our team.

It’s difficult to know who else will be on the bench tomorrow, and we don’t have new Argentine striker Facundo Ferreyra in there because Obertan, Aarons and Perez all had a positive impact when they came on as subs last Sunday.

What would your team be for tomorrow?

Note: Paul Lawson is a NUFC season ticket holder living in Birmingham, and wonders if there are any other season ticket holders in the area, so they can share the car expenses to Newcastle – you can contact Paul at 07969296054.

You can follow us on our three social media sites below:

• toonarmydownsouth

Aug 22, 2014 at 9:28 AM

Sorry Ketsy
    @DeadlineDayLive: AS Monaco are in advanced negotiations with Atlético Madrid for a loan move for defender Toby Alderweireld. (Source: Sky Italia)

• Ethiotoon

Aug 22, 2014 at 9:30 AM

ED…u spot the right first eleven..
    substitutes:
    Aarons, mbiwa, Goufran, obertan
    Ferreyra, haidara,Abeid

• Toon-Prodigy

Aug 22, 2014 at 9:30 AM

Tiote has to be replaced if he goes.

We do not want another merry go round like previous years with players let go.

Balance as you go, were hurt enough and still waiting for players from past windows.

• Lilongwe Geordie

Aug 22, 2014 at 9:32 AM

I’d prefer Haidara in for Dummet. Haidara needs a decent run of games to prove whether or not he will cut it. Other than that I don’t think I have any arguments with that side.

Possibly replace Obertan on the bench with Chucky

• toonarmydownsouth

Aug 22, 2014 at 9:33 AM

Pretty much the team I’d start with the only question mark over who plays LB
    For me neither Dummett or Haidara have really impressed there

• Sliema

Aug 22, 2014 at 9:35 AM

Krul
    Janmaat-Willo-Colo-Haidara
    Colback-Sissoko
    Cabella-SDJ-Goofy
    Rivière

• Lilongwe Geordie

Aug 22, 2014 at 9:35 AM

Toon Prodigy,
    Who, or what position would you replace him with? Personally, I think Colback and Anita can do the defensive midfield roles, but in a different way. They would offer much more protection to our attacking full backs. That is fine for me, but I think if that were the case then a top class centre half should be the replacement as we will miss Tiote’s presence through the middle.

I’d be happy if we got like for like, but we have an abundance of centre midfielders so a centre half is the sensible option in my opinion.

• martoon

Aug 22, 2014 at 9:37 AM

Really I think the first eleven picks itself just a question of who is on the bench. Of course an adventurous manager would maybe play gouffran or even Aarons instead of Anita but not Pardew.

• pawl250

Aug 22, 2014 at 9:37 AM

My team would be…..

——————– Krul
    Janmaat – Mbiwa – Coloccini – Haidara
    ————— Tiote – Colback
    Sissoko ——- De Jong ——- Cabella
    ——————- Riviere

However, if Tiote is not fit, I would play the same formation, Sissoko in his role and Gouffran on the wing. Anita is far too lightweight…..

Dummett is awful, I hope Haidara gets a nod at some point, and as Villa are very much all about pace I think Mbiwa would be preferred over Williamson, however Pardew will go…..

————————- Krul
    Janmaat – Williamson – Coloccini – Dummett
    ————— Anita ——– Colback
    Sissoko ———- De Jong———— Cabella
    ———————- Riviere

Personally I think that looks awful in comparison to my team listed, despite only 2-3 players being different.

Anita is too lightweight…..
    Dummett is awful….
    Williamson is slow……

The defensive set up looks poor, how did we think we could even compete against City last week is laughable…. Especially without De Jong ontop of the above….

• Ethiotoon

Aug 22, 2014 at 9:39 AM

If we lose to villa,I don’t think pards will be sacked,
    but if resigns some how, I prefer st.Etienne coach Gartier, or Ralf Ragnieck, former schalke coach..

• Kris

Aug 22, 2014 at 9:39 AM

My team against Villa:
    Krul
    Janmaat, Willo, Colo, Dummett
    Colback, Anita
    Sissoko, Cabella, Gouffy
    Riviere

And de Jong as a on-coming sub. The whole 11 should be given a new chance. They played very well everyone of them against the champions. I do think de Jong should be risked as 45 minutes is probably nearly enough when he have some minor injuries lurking.

• Sliema

Aug 22, 2014 at 9:39 AM

Pawl

We did compete against City (the league champions) last week. So.

• Our Toon

Aug 22, 2014 at 9:40 AM

I’m shocked at how many fans don’t understand the importance of a Tiote type of player. Yes he gets dispossessed at times but every player in the world does. He is unselfish and sacrifices himself for the team trying to put fires out and stopping the opposition attacks. Scoring goals and making probing passes isn’t his game and nor should it be. Certain individuals are getting carried away jack colback, he wouldn’t get anywhere near the type of results Tiote gets. Measure Tiote on tackles won and interceptions made, tracking midfielders…..as he probably would have done with Silva on Sunday had he been on the pitch.

• Rake

Aug 22, 2014 at 9:41 AM

——————-Krul—————
    Janmaat—Willo—Colo—Haidara
    ———-Sissoko——Colback—–
    Gouffran—–De Jong—–Cabeela
    —————–Perez—————-

Just my opinion I like Riviere he reminds me of Best with pace…

• andyctoon

Aug 22, 2014 at 10:11 AM

Im sorry did i just reaf obertan had a possitive impact lastweek wen he came off the bench..

Plz for my sake somebody tel me whay i must of missed cos i dint c that like

• switch365

Aug 22, 2014 at 11:14 AM

Krul
    Janmaat Willo Collo Haidara
    Sissoko Colback
    De Jong
    Cabella Riviere Gouffran

Subs Eliott MYM Aarons Anita Ayoze Chucky Squidward

Would rather De Jong start the match with his presence and ability, putting us on the front foot, rather than potentially having to save us some points towards the end of the game as an impact sub.

• Crawfordladd17

Aug 22, 2014 at 11:17 AM

The team
    Krul
    Janmaat Williamson Colo Dummett
    Colback Anita
    Sissoko Cabella Gourffan
    Riviere

Subs: Elliot S.Taylor Haidara De Jong Aarons Ferreya Perez

• Crawfordladd17

Aug 22, 2014 at 11:18 AM

Then we still have Obertan lol, with Tiote, Santon and Cisse

• switch365

Aug 22, 2014 at 11:31 AM

Looks like Benjamin Stambouli may well be on his way to the Swans for a mere £5m, talented lad.

• LeToonARMY

Aug 22, 2014 at 11:52 AM

Krul
    Janmaat-Willo-Colo-Haidara
    Colback-Sissoko
    Cabella-SDJ-Goofy
    Rivière

best team silema i agree

• musomag

Aug 22, 2014 at 2:19 PM

I would replace Gouffran with Rolando Arrons otherwise that team looks good to me.

Has Bob Dylan passed away Ed? I’m pretty sure he still does that song anytime he likes

• toonicle

Aug 22, 2014 at 4:23 PM

I’d like to see Anita and Colback in the middle again, Anita can play RB and Colback LB so they can cover those spots when fullbacks make a forward run. Please let Haidara start over Dummett

• MassiveG

Aug 22, 2014 at 7:44 PM

Firstly I think we pretty much all accept our team will contain Haidara but Pardews will contain Dummett.

Secondly Ed – our bench is not going to contain Obertan, Perez, Aarons and Gouffran – where the hell is our central mud sub coming from? (Unless he shifts Socks in from wing) so bench may have Abeid but probs De Jong as he won’t be for enough to start

• MassiveG

Aug 22, 2014 at 7:46 PM

Ethiotoon

So no keeper on the bench? Lol