Sunderland Owner Ellis Short Challenges Mike Ashley

In the ALS ice bucket challenge, Sunderland AFC owner Ellis Short has challenged Newcastle owner Mike Ashley, manager Alan Pardew and Jack Colback, the former Sunderland player.

Now the big question is whether we will ever see the reclusive Mike Ashley take this challenge on video for charity?

You can follow us on our three social media sites below:

• Markaccus

Aug 25, 2014 at 8:13 AM

I dont mind this ice bucket thing. It puts a charity in the spotlight. However, i do have a problem when every z list hopeful (hopeless) and hasbeen do it just to get 5 mins extra fame. I think, without the challenge, you would get less than a tenth of the people donating, therefore less money. I nominate eddy the eagle, peter andre and jade goodies pr assistant….. just kidding

• Toonmania

Aug 25, 2014 at 8:18 AM

AND………………………..
    Freddy Shepherd nominated Mike Ashley a week ago, move on nothing to see here

• Toonmania

Aug 25, 2014 at 8:20 AM

Morning Ed,
    Glad to hear your illness hasn’t returned, long may it last and long may this blog continue

• Patoon

Aug 25, 2014 at 8:22 AM

Anybody else think Cisse could play wel alongside Riviere, the last time Cisse had a decent target man to play alongside was when Ba was here, last season Pardew kept playing Cisse as the target man which never looked like working as he isn’t a target man

• Laurent Robert 32

Aug 25, 2014 at 8:24 AM

I nominate Alan Pardew for the ice pick challenge.

De Boer for the next manager in when the challenge has been completed.

• Markaccus

Aug 25, 2014 at 8:24 AM

Patoon

Cisse and Ba never seemed to click as a front paring, though. Cisse was mote successful in a front 3 with Ba out wide. Ba hated that, though.

• Markaccus

Aug 25, 2014 at 8:25 AM

I nominate Mike ashley for the Lava bucket challenge.

• TheBossMan

Aug 25, 2014 at 8:51 AM

As a dyed in the wool Toon Fanatic it breaks my heart to say this but YET AGAIN Sunderland lead the way in community spirit, the Great work that Niall Quinn started has simply carried on. It pains me to say that their hierarchy has a little more class than ours , proven by Ellis Short undertaking the challenge.. Well done Sir..
    And a big thank you to ALL at Sunderland for the class shown during the recent tragedy of Flight MH17.

Respect..

• switch365

Aug 25, 2014 at 9:10 AM

Good on you Ellis Short, I noticed the little tongue-in-cheek dig at Colback too lol.

Gotta say, not just from the perspective of a Toon fan wanting to see Cashley get drenched, I see another reason he may want to do it, other than the charity side ofc …

To nominate none other than, everyone’s favourite fat froggy twoface, yup you guessed it Cabella’s awld boss LOUIS bloody NICOLLIN.

If there was any guy I’d like to see getting a public soaking beside Cashley it would be him!

• miggy

Aug 25, 2014 at 9:40 AM

i nominate justin beiber for the boiling hot water challenge

• Krul To Be Kind

Aug 25, 2014 at 10:40 AM

A big tip of the hat to the sunderland owner for showing charitable spirit. I would never expect Newcastle hierarchy to emulate the dirty neighbours, but credit where it is due Mr Short… at least you have contributed to the club spirit even though he is just as reclusive as our mighty controller

Come on Ash, be a Nike and just do it, however it would take a massive water container to soak our fatowner, maybe the trouble is our players are too lightweight to lift and throw a bath full of water over him (maybe even dropping the bath on him as it hangs over his head too!)

• Sav

Aug 25, 2014 at 11:21 AM

Boss Man, the ‘bitter taste’ statement after Colback was n’t classy. I hope they but some soap in the water down there (just kidding). Maybe Ashley has already done it, but not on YouTube?

• dannitoon

Aug 25, 2014 at 11:49 AM

Freddie shepherd challenged him last week… nil response

• kuwaiti_geordie

Aug 25, 2014 at 3:16 PM

Fantastic !! Hahaha

• TheBossMan

Aug 25, 2014 at 6:45 PM

Sav , when I said classy I meant they were classy in the spirit of community relations… Unlike our leadership who continue to treat the faithful like a bunch of mushrooms , kept in the dark and sh!t on…
    I can’t remember Sunderland ever banning the local paper from reporting on what they see , our lot have and still maintain that ban.. Because the Chronicle had the audacity to report the truth and also publish fans feelings and outrage… As I said.. ” Our Lot have no Class “