The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Newcastle Get Crystal Palace Away In League Cup

10:05 pm, Wednesday, August 27th, 2014 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 99 Comments

Newcastle have been drawn against Crystal Palace away in the Capital One Cup, and that’s not a particularly good draw given the other teams left in the competition.

Capital One Cup logo

Here is the full draw which has just taken place:

Tottenham Hotspur v Nottingham Forest
Crystal Palace v Newcastle United
Leyton Orient v Sheffield United
Cardiff City v Bournemouth
Chelsea v Bolton
Arsenal v Southampton
West Brom v Hull City

The ties will be played in the week beginning Monday, 22nd September.

If Newcastle can beat Crystal Palace, then we will be in the last 16 and reach the stage we reached last season, before losing at home to Manchester City.

You can follow us on our three social media sites below:

Tags: Capital One Cup · League Cup · Newcastle News

99 responses so far ↓

• 1 p // Aug 27, 2014 at 10:06 PM

could be a lot worse

• 2 TacoFlavoredKisses ForMyBen-arfa // Aug 27, 2014 at 10:07 PM

obertan is licking his chops!

• 3 scout // Aug 27, 2014 at 10:12 PM

Anyone know when the ties are?

• 4 optimistic prime // Aug 27, 2014 at 10:13 PM

Mojo

Sorry mate my head has been sidetracked by the insulting ignorant troll that is Gazzaforever.

He keeps insulting posters and then making out its others and I’m quite knarked.

Gazza

If you find someone saying your posts are strange insulting what do you say calling me a f ing moron who should live with another poster a compliment?

Crawl back under your rock! You’ve insulted a few posters on here without contributing anything!

I’ll be by passing your posts from now on but I feel sorry for you and suggest you try therapy or anger management classes. FOOL

• 5 optimistic prime // Aug 27, 2014 at 10:15 PM

Anyone else having trouble with posting etc on the blog tonight?

• 6 stuart no9 // Aug 27, 2014 at 10:16 PM

stuart no9 // Aug 27, 2014 at 9:55 PM

this is a must watch little toddler doing the ice bucket challenge –hahahahahah

• 7 musomag // Aug 27, 2014 at 10:16 PM

I have no confidence in the team at the minute regardless of who we are drawn against. Once again, here comes the black cloud that spent most of last season hovering over SJP……

• 8 stuart no9 // Aug 27, 2014 at 10:19 PM

well at least we got past the 2nd round ,

• 9 p // Aug 27, 2014 at 10:20 PM

@ musomag, I think it is a decent squad that should make 7th on paper.

it boils down to whether or not Pardew can get them playing well or not

the evidence suggests more muddling to mediocrity but you never know

I believe in giving a manager time but Pardew is will never be an Alex Ferguson type IMO

• 10 Laurent Robert 32 // Aug 27, 2014 at 10:21 PM

In 2014, Alan Pardew’s NUFC have failed to score in an astonishing 66% of their league games (14 of 21).

Nice one, Alan. I bet you’re pleased you play on the front foot. What would happen if you didn’t?

If Gillingham was a “very, very” tough place to go, then his beloved Palace will be classified up there with the unbeatables.

• 11 lesh // Aug 27, 2014 at 10:22 PM

Lucky scouse gits – Boro at Anfield!

Food for thought:

Remy went to QPR. coz he was impressed by Rednapp;

QPR carrying massive debt and wage bill;

QPR kicked out of League Cup;

Rednapp sacked (likely);

Remy on about £80k pw;

QPR need to cut costs;

Remy moves to SJP??

Just random thoughts.

And two good friends (Warnock v Pardew) to meet in the next round

Ah well, let’s focus on the Prem and maybe play some young ‘uns (and HBA?} in the FA cup.

And so it goes on.

• 12 musomag // Aug 27, 2014 at 10:23 PM

@ optimistic…

Ed seems to be slacking quite a bit recently on the troll front.
    It is probably SUFC back under another guise and we only just got rid of him after having to endure his abuse for weeks on end.

Keep the blog for NUFC supporters only please Ed.
    Moderate posts more frequently

• 13 p // Aug 27, 2014 at 10:24 PM

lesh I think Remy was impressed more with the owner, and played on the xbox or whatever with him

• 14 Our Toon // Aug 27, 2014 at 10:28 PM

Lesh

Mate stop with this Remy stuff man, he doesn’t want to join us….how many times will the idiot reject us…have some self respect bud. I get Remy did well but he refused to sign twice, told us he wasn’t playing the final game of the season and the pissed off to watch arsenal!! I can’t stand the bloke…We don’t need him, we do need some to create goals though as goofy just shouldn’t be starting games now.

Off to bed will read your response tomorrow, as for the draw….We are heading out of the the CCup

• 15 optimistic prime // Aug 27, 2014 at 10:28 PM

Musomag

Ye mate I’m just knarked he’s abused half a dozen posters without contributing a thing. F this f that etc then said I was insulting him for saying his posts are strange. That’s after he said what’s in my previous post to me. Unreal, obviously been dropped on his head!

• 16 lesh // Aug 27, 2014 at 10:28 PM

P:

That sounds about right about Remy – the fact that the owner met him was the key!

• 17 optimistic prime // Aug 27, 2014 at 10:30 PM

Muso

I liked Sufc thought he was quite amusing!
    I thought he was special ;)

• 18 dannitoon // Aug 27, 2014 at 10:31 PM

I see top 6 all got home draws…

• 19 stuart no9 // Aug 27, 2014 at 10:31 PM

laurant—–so what you saying ??? you reckon we need a striker or what ?/??

• 20 lesh // Aug 27, 2014 at 10:35 PM

Our Toon

That pap was just the product of a fertile, conspiracy driven mind.

I fail to understand why the press are fed this Remy and Lacazette rubbish other than to divert attention from our iminent signing of Messi!

I’ll credit Ashley with having the pride to not even consider Remy now.

Hope your dreams were sweet.

:-D

• 21 toonarmydownsouth // Aug 27, 2014 at 10:35 PM

Palace away……..meh
    Another drull midweek away game in a tin shed watching “proper 70’s football”

Markaccus
    Ignore that lad, if you haven’t professed your undying love for HBA and offered the mercurial one a hand job round the bike sheds at Bentin your not a real mag…….apparently

• 22 toonarmydownsouth // Aug 27, 2014 at 10:37 PM

Doh!
    Optimistic not Markaccus!!

• 23 beermonkey // Aug 27, 2014 at 10:38 PM

I don’t think palace is a bad draw Warnock biggest job is keeping them up and will use the next round to look at a few of his fringe players I would think

for us it all hinges on who pards fields

• 24 optimistic prime // Aug 27, 2014 at 10:42 PM

Tads

It’s not the fact he abused me it was the fact he said I’d insulted him by saying his posts where strange after Markaccus had pointed out he only abided fellow posters.

Deluded doesn’t quite sum the lad up!

• 25 optimistic prime // Aug 27, 2014 at 10:43 PM

Tads

Thanks though :)

• 26 Laurent Robert 32 // Aug 27, 2014 at 10:45 PM

We need a manager before a striker, Stuart. However, it kind of makes a mockery of the fact that we’ve spent £6m on Riv and the other two new lads. Riv, like Cisse, is already looking isolated.

That is down to management.

• 27 Belfast // Aug 27, 2014 at 10:55 PM

Best to ignore Sufc aka shitty underpants

• 28 Belfast // Aug 27, 2014 at 10:57 PM

The ties will be played on the week commencing Monday the 22nd of September scout.

Bottom of the article mate lol

• 29 tequilamag // Aug 27, 2014 at 10:58 PM

Tell him your breeze block joke Belfast that should shift him

• 30 welshgeordie9 // Aug 27, 2014 at 11:14 PM

Very quiet on here tonight, is there anybody on.

• 31 beermonkey // Aug 27, 2014 at 11:16 PM

welsh

hi

• 32 Belfast // Aug 27, 2014 at 11:18 PM

The rules of the breeze block challenge are completely different for Sufc.

We dig a great big hole, he gets in the hole, then we repeatedly drop breeze blocks into the hole.

• 33 optimistic prime // Aug 27, 2014 at 11:18 PM

Welsh

I but I’m watching MUFC doing their best NUFC impression.

There shocking, gifted them chance after chance.

I know we all wanted to be on Man U’s level but I’m not sure about it now ;)

• 34 Tinman // Aug 27, 2014 at 11:19 PM

Great draw there.
    Spurs v Forest
    Swansea v Everton
    Liverpool v Boro
    Arsenal v Soton
    West Brom v Hull

All of these teams are threats to us, good to know at least 5 of them will be knocked out. Palace away is also a decent draw, give us a 60% chance of progression.

• 35 welshgeordie9 // Aug 27, 2014 at 11:19 PM

Good evening beermonkey and Belfast

Who’s this Gazza forever person, is he new.

• 36 musomag // Aug 27, 2014 at 11:20 PM

I think Pardew needs to check out a few of these dodgy ‘Meet women seeking mature men adverts’ on this blog…he might remember how to score

• 37 optimistic prime // Aug 27, 2014 at 11:20 PM

Ricardo Alverez to the SMB

• 38 Tinman // Aug 27, 2014 at 11:21 PM

Missed Scum v Stoke off the list!

• 39 welshgeordie9 // Aug 27, 2014 at 11:21 PM

33optimistic prime // Aug 27, 2014 at 11:18 PM

You alright

• 40 beermonkey // Aug 27, 2014 at 11:24 PM

welsh

no idea

• 41 welshgeordie9 // Aug 27, 2014 at 11:31 PM

This waiting game of us trying to get a forward in is doing my head in i can’t wait for the window to shut.

Wake me up when Monday night ends

Good old Green Day my fav band.

• 42 Brutooon // Aug 27, 2014 at 11:32 PM

Doesnt matter who we against, we will NEVER win any cup.

the sooner we are out, the better for us

• 43 beermonkey // Aug 27, 2014 at 11:33 PM

welsh

you think were gonna buy more players

• 44 hkgeordie // Aug 27, 2014 at 11:34 PM

Lads, Palace away is a great draw – at least for us exiled Geordies down South! Thoroughly enjoyed going to Gillingham with my lad and having the chance to see the lads live. Sat in the away end (temporary festival type stand, no roof, rained until kick off, reminded me of when we ran out of moeny and the Leazes had no roof) but in the Gillingham section. Good atmosphere, proper supporters of a team who have no delusions but loved every minute of probably the biggest game of their season.

I hate to admit it but Obertan worked hard and probably had the most impact. Janmaat and De Jong are class and young Arrons, in particular, and Perez have some real potential. Still need a commanding centre back and a real centre forward.

See you at all at Palace!

• 45 optimistic prime // Aug 27, 2014 at 11:35 PM

Welsh

Yes mate fine he just got under my skin a bit , cretin.

He’s posted half a dozen times using foul launguage to abuse a few different posters. He had a go at me yesterday then appologised.

Earlier today Markaccus pointed out he kept appearing a article back abusing posters and I said “ye a bit strange”
    So he came back on had a go at Markaccus and said that I’d insulted him, which really knarked me as he’s had a go at quite a few unjustly.

I was just cheesed off that he found me insulting after his constant abuse, he needs help ;)

• 46 optimistic prime // Aug 27, 2014 at 11:38 PM

Our only chance of silver is if Ashley gets our profits in ten pence pieces :(

• 47 optimistic prime // Aug 27, 2014 at 11:40 PM

Welsh/beer

I can’t see us signing anyone and like welsh just wish the window would close, I’m sick of seeing other teams buy quality players even though we must be financially better of than them :(

• 48 welshgeordie9 // Aug 27, 2014 at 11:41 PM

45optimistic prime

Don’t worry about it, i get all the time it doesn’t bother when they do it because normally i tell them to shove their comments up their arse,

• 49 optimistic prime // Aug 27, 2014 at 11:47 PM

Welsh
    I’m not pal I just couldn’t beleive his ignorance ;)

• 50 beermonkey // Aug 27, 2014 at 11:48 PM

prime

icant see buying any1 unless players leave

• 51 Go toon gooooo // Aug 27, 2014 at 11:49 PM

Not a scary draw for Newcastle United.Better than Stevenage F.C.

• 52 optimistic prime // Aug 27, 2014 at 11:55 PM

Beer

You think anyone will leave?

Hair Dryers effort was canny :)

• 53 optimistic prime // Aug 28, 2014 at 12:04 AM

Got to say I don’t fancy the prospect of Gayle playing for Palace against our back four. Looks a tricky customer with pace and a decent shot on him.

• 54 beermonkey // Aug 28, 2014 at 12:12 AM

prime

I think the club are looking to move mbiwa on and the others like obertan but whether we can find clubs for them to goto remains to be seen

I don’t think we will replacements for any1 leaving unless its mbiwa the others seem to be surplus

• 55 ToonLynx // Aug 28, 2014 at 12:27 AM

Interesting article about Ferreyra. Wondering if lack of match fitness is reason for lack of appearances or something else. Cant wait to see what he’s like. Quietly optimistic that he’s our star striker in the making

• 56 Mister Tuff // Aug 28, 2014 at 12:30 AM

jeff from Benwell – what a knobber.
    You predicted several weeks ago that we would be getting four signings before the end of July.
    Included in the list was Perez I think – his name was circulating on all the news outlets – your other three names did not materialise so I think that you fall within your own description of a gobshite knownowt and arsehole. Not just one – all three – dope.

• 57 ToonFromLeeds // Aug 28, 2014 at 12:32 AM

It is imperative we sign a decent striker and change the formation or we are gonna be up that creek without a paddle

• 58 optimistic prime // Aug 28, 2014 at 12:36 AM

Beer

I’d agree there, think I saw M’biwa to marseille earlier.

Regards Oba, how many chances will he get? He supposedly did alright yesterday? But watching the highlights when he crossed the ball it was going nowhere near our two players in the box, pure luck we gota goal out of it. We must have a better option than him, we all have different opinions on who but for me he’s had more than enough.

There’s a few I’d be happy to see leave and a few need a loan for a season.

On that note I’ll be watching spurs vs Forrest to see the keeper and CB play as it will be good to see how they get on against prem opposition.

• 59 optimistic prime // Aug 28, 2014 at 12:38 AM

Tuff

You spotted that too ;)

Leeds

We’re well on our way up that creek mate :(

• 60 Mister Tuff // Aug 28, 2014 at 12:44 AM

optimistic – never ceases to amaze me that folk come on to the blog and slag it off – makes you wonder if they did not like it -why bother to post on the blog in the first place – and then they keep returning and submitting posts which are usually crap anyway!

• 61 70TWO // Aug 28, 2014 at 12:50 AM

Not on NUFC as we have no intention of signing anyone else this window, but IMO any existing ManU player, who is English, should be begging to be a make weight in any incoming transfer. Take a wage cut in exchange for a low transfer fee, gain invaluable experience playing in a foreign league and score a few goals. Then, if they are as good as they think they will be brought back and be playing for England.

• 62 ToonFromLeeds // Aug 28, 2014 at 12:52 AM

Tuff and optimistic far be it from me to say but I assume we all support Newcastle?! So why the frig are some slagging others off it don’t make sense! I did see Jeff slag people off in general although pot & kettle come to mind. Everyone has they’re opinions no need for slaggings!

• 63 ToonFromLeeds // Aug 28, 2014 at 12:54 AM

I know Optimistic I had slightly higher hopes for this season but it’s worrying me now. I do have the feeling we’ll sign Danny Welbeck tho

• 64 optimistic prime // Aug 28, 2014 at 1:05 AM

Leeds

Welbeck I don’t fancy and can’t see anyone coming in.

Reference Jeff, just one of things pal kinda returning his compliment.

As much as turning the other cheek sometimes it gets kinda tiresome hearing the same people hoy insults then disappear then return to do it again. As tuff says why come on just to abuse the blog and it’s posters? It would be much easier to not read it or not to post, I don’t call people names but I will return the favour when pressed. Also with Gazzaforever who is down right nasty and abbysive to other posters for anything he doesn’t agree with. I’ve said I’m just going to pass over their comments from now on as there usually pointless and abbysive :)

• 65 Toon Tang // Aug 28, 2014 at 1:07 AM

We could do with scoring a goal on Saturday lads.

Night all

• 66 ToonFromLeeds // Aug 28, 2014 at 1:09 AM

I agree Optimistic, yeah I’m not a Geordie but I do love Newcastle United. I like coming on here and sharing my opinions and have debates but just because I have an opinion doesn’t mean I’m right or wrong but either way there’s no need for abuse. Some people must have sad lives is all I can say!!

• 67 optimistic prime // Aug 28, 2014 at 1:17 AM

Leeds

Or maybe no life at all ;)

I’m like yourself, I like to hear others opinions as it’s the only way to be open minded and see things from a different view. I may not agree but happy to debate them. The people who abuse or just ignore your points puzzle me as I don’t see why you’d come on here claiming their right and everyone else is wrong. If someone is going to do that they’d be better off writing their own blog.

Big match down your neck of the woods today, local derby.

• 68 expatmag // Aug 28, 2014 at 2:17 AM

The Times apparently reporting Sunderland have bid 6 million for Van Dijk after having been turned down by Atletico Madrid for the belgian lad (toby whathisname)

• 69 WestOzMag // Aug 28, 2014 at 2:21 AM

So the clueless one has said Cisse will be like a new signing when he comes back into the team. There goes any hope of signing a new ST then.

• 70 jimmysmith // Aug 28, 2014 at 2:44 AM

I think a forward line of Cabella, Cisse, and Rivierre, with De Jong in the hole looks potentially excellent. With Gouffran, Aaron’s, Perez, Armstrong and Chucky in reserve I have struggled to believe we’ve seriously been after a marquee type centre forward with those options already on the books.

In addition, I don’t think we need a single player, unless we managed to shift Obertan, Benny, Guti, Marv on a permanent, Vuckic and Ferguson to bring in better.

Makes me think they either don’t fully rate their buys, or it’s basically a nonsense that they are still after Remy or Lacazette. Only chance is if they come cheap, which doesn’t appear to be on the cards at all.

• 71 jimmysmith // Aug 28, 2014 at 2:48 AM

Same at the back. Can’t see us getting a centre defender, unless either Tayls or Mbiwa is shifted, or both, with the young talent already on the books.

• 72 Toon-Prodigy // Aug 28, 2014 at 3:18 AM

I’v been reading through the comments from todays articles, It’s amazing some peoples negativity when we are only 3 games into the new season. 2 Premier league games.

It would seem the Pardew bashers have just been waiting for the season to kick off coupled with a slow start before their obsession kicks in full flow again and the witch hunt and blame begins. It’s hilarious to look at and read.

It dosn’t take alot to work out our key player in Siem De Jong needs time as he is getting over an injury at present and working upto full fitness. He is pivotal in this system working well that we have went with. Along with every other newcomer who is going to need time also to adapt. We have not played badly through my eyes, we are just lacking the goals which will come.

3 games is nothing, especially with this many new bodies in the squad, who on earth do people think these players are?? It’s not as if we have played awful and lost 3 off the bounce here.

Lets see where we are at after 10-20 games with hopefully a new signing also and no outgoings.

It has to be noted also, we have only spent around 3 million on transfers. And the squad isn’t a whole lot better than this time last year. Minimal really which is shocking considering the funds generated.

We all know Pardew isn’t the best, but he is probably the best from Mike Ashleys shortlist of managers I’d say.

If he wasn’t then why wouldn’t Mike employ him? It’s nothing to do with Pardews contract. Mike is happy because Pardew can hit his target of a mid-table finish.

Do you really think Mike Ashley cares about fluid attacking football? Or a trophy? Your wasting your time with having an obsession with Pardew being sacked because it would take relegation for Ashley to even seriously consider it. This is never going to happen.

Ashley sets the targets, Pardew tries to fulfill them. It never ceases to amaze me how Pardew gets more stick than Ashley from some on here. Never ceases to amaze.

3 games in? Calm the fcuk down man! Haha. New players bedding in, Key player in De Jong becoming used to the league and recovering from a knock getting upto full fitness. Their not miracle workers man, time will tell. All will become apparant.

• 73 jimmysmith // Aug 28, 2014 at 3:29 AM

Team does need to get some goals though, and hopefully from the three key buys, De Jong, Cabella and most notably Rivierre, who is probably already feeling the weight of expectation.

• 74 expatmag // Aug 28, 2014 at 4:02 AM

Would anyone accept a mediocre league position and a couple of decent cup runs bearing in mind there is little or no possibility of Pardew leaving if the following happened:

(1)…At least 3 of our academy youngsters are fully integrated into the senior team this season (Armstrong, Aarons and Satka)

(2) As there seems to be no takers for HBA, Pardew fully integrates him back into the team in a No. 10 role.

(3)…Pay out the contracts of Jonas and Obertan as they will not be used and are therefore taking up squad space unnecessarily.

(4)….Devise an attacking format especially at home and lose the defensive attitude.

(5)….Loan out Streete, Gillihead and Kemen to championship clubs on the proviso they are played each week rather than sitting on the bench as Campbell appears to be doing at Fleetwood.

(6)….With Dawson and Lascelles coming in next season, it would seem a couple from Krul, Elliott, Saylor, Williamson and Colo will be leaving. Play Mbiwa in the centre of defence. Sign Van Dijk and sell Saylor asap. Allow Colo to return home and start the planning for a top 6 push for next season now.

(7)….Get this lad Ferrerya in the side now and lets see if he is the goalscorer we desperately need.

(8)….Stop wasting time on unrealistic targets like Remy, Welbeck and Lacazette. They clearly dont want to come here.

• 75 expatmag // Aug 28, 2014 at 4:09 AM

Jimmy

I feel sorry for Riviere. He is clearly not a target man and would be better used as a wide left attacking player in a 433 system.

We would be better served with De Jong playing in a false 9 position with Cabella and Riviere on either side. Sissoko making late runs into the box from midfield with De Jong coming short to play him in or the wide players.

• 76 optimistic prime // Aug 28, 2014 at 5:19 AM

Expat

Yes I would take that, a tenth place finish and a quarter or semi final as long as we show progression in the field along with all your points.

I’m not a fan of the 4 2 3 1 formation as it a way to get 2 DM’S on the pitch I’d rather the 4 3 3 from a few years ago which with the players we had could be defencive or attacking depending who we play.

My main Problem with Pardew is he’s been here 3 full seasons and hasn’t implemented a formation or style for the team, it constantly changes and we seem to be more interested in stopping opposition than getting our players to do what their capable of.

It’s all well and good playing to stop the opposition getting chances but when that style stifles your teams chances it’s no good we need a more balanced approach.

IMO we should have as a club a set formation and way of playing which is then implemented through all the youth and devolopement squads. Then when thease players get a chance with the first team they know what’s expected in their position as they’ve been groomed to play that way. It would also help in recruitment by being able to spot players who would fit our style and formation.

• 77 jimmysmith // Aug 28, 2014 at 6:02 AM

This idea that Newcastle are a selling club is rather too simplistic to. Remy, Cabaye, Enrique and Nzogbia are the only three I can think of other than Milner, which I still haven’t gotten over, who were sold to the detriment of the side, Carroll obviously was pretty much us taking advantage of Liverpool’s vulnerable position. The others to a man wanted to go when we would have preferred to keep them. Of course as a fan I’d like Ashley to spend some more money, and in the past he hasn’t spent enough to warrant the price of a ticket. I don’t think that’s a fair criticism anymore, assuming the profits are being reinvested.

• 78 jimmysmith // Aug 28, 2014 at 6:04 AM

Sorry, fuggen mini pad makes it a bother to reread post before posting. That of course is five players including Debuchey.

• 79 jimmysmith // Aug 28, 2014 at 6:05 AM

Mini pad, ha, mini iPad.

• 80 expatmag // Aug 28, 2014 at 6:26 AM

OP

Some good points there and like you, I cannot understand his inability to formulate a game plan to take advantage of oppostion weaknesses as well as a back up plan if the original doesnt work.

For example, why would you play 2 defensive midfielders at home against weaker opposition who line up with 2 forward which is what I expect Palace to do on saturday.

I saw enough against Man City that his formation gave the impetus to City from the start. I was hoping he would line up 433 and use Aarons and Cabella on both flanks to attack their full backs which i believed were their weak points but he lacked the courage to go for the jugular from the start and this was proven in the last 15 minutes if that fame when City paniced to a certain extent when Cabella Aarons and Perez were getting at them.

• 81 expatmag // Aug 28, 2014 at 6:26 AM

1 forward, i meant to say

• 82 Jail for Ashley // Aug 28, 2014 at 6:40 AM

Toon Prodigy,
    I get where you’re coming from in regards to the team settling and especially the those that save their criticism for Pardew while for the most letting Mashers off the hook, all some of them can see is that he (Mashers) has provided the players and now it’s down to Pardew who is a mediocre manager at best to try and finish in a CL spot, the manner in which the fat man has bpought the players is seemingly totally lost on them ie: buying literally more than half a new squad when absolutely necessary, the mackems where criticised for buying a whole new team but that was a team with a new manager with a lot of sh!te on his hands with his own ideas of what he wanted, what is our excuse for having to buy a whole new team, there is supposedly a rigid five….. year plan in place that has everything worked out, if the owner was even slightly interested in success on the field I’m sure a few of the players brought in this summer could have been brought in last January and would have been fully intergrated in the team by now and would have even given a better reflection of what we actually needed this summer, but the fact was, tenth spot was 99% guaranteed and that was enough, just as now with 35M spent it has been decided that that should be good enough for a midtable slot before deciding who can be sold (or bought) in January, woe betide the fans misery if we are in a position to have to spend money rather than make it come the next transfer window.

• 83 optimistic prime // Aug 28, 2014 at 6:55 AM

Expat

I think that gets to a lot of people as we never seem to be on the front as he says we are. As a team we react we aren’t proactive and that comes across as negative. It’s deadly silent in SJP now for the majority of the match due to the fans have nothing to cheer for and get excited about and that affects the team.

I know a lot of posters say the team is changed every year but it isn’t whole sale changes, so the rest of the team should know what it’s doing and help out the newbies. I put this down to what I said before no set style or formation.

I don’t think Pardew trusts a lot of the players so has a negative mentality. As coach or manager he should be able to look at his players and asses their strengths and put together a team that compliments each other, however he seems to put who he thinks are the best 11 players on the field and tries to mould a formation out of that instead of the other way

It’s hard to identify a way Pardew could change his mindset and maybe he can’t. I would have thought Carver would have pointed a few of thease things out to him but who really knows what goes on.

I walked my sisters dog the other day past the training ground and all the fences have been covered to stop people watching training sessions.
    This was implemented a while ago supposedly due to people leaking tactics via social media, as you say we have no plan b so why hide the tactics. It just seems another way to distance the fans from the club.
    I mentioned yesterday the Chronicle via the trinity group are in talks with the club to get access to players etc, so I’m hoping lessons are being learned on that front and maybe but it’s a huge maybe things maybe moving foward in a positive manner but only time will tell.

• 84 optimistic prime // Aug 28, 2014 at 6:59 AM

Front foot

• 85 Toon-Prodigy // Aug 28, 2014 at 7:02 AM

Jail,

Pulling a manager and tactics apart 3 games into a season is insane to me. It is easy hindsight to do this.

There is allsorts of concepts to take into consideration here and what has went on over the summer. All of the players who has left and the new bodies that has came in. I mean how long have they been here? Very little strength has been added for me from this time last year.

The results havn’t been poor, the play hasn’t been poor either. A little bit lee-way should be given I think and time to see exactly how we go after 10-20 games. Players do need to gel, and reach full fitness. Other players need to calm down a bit within their new surroundings. We are still missing Tiote also which I think will thrive in this set-up and get on with what he does best.

After 10 games we should be able to see alot better what is going on here. After 3 games is a bit mental to me.

And as I say mate, It never ceases to amaze me how much people can hate on Pardew and let Ashley off. It’s Pardew that is aiming to hit what Mike wants at the end of the day. If Ashley wanted top six and funded it and Pardew let everyone down each season I could understand it to the extent what the hatred is. I will always look to Ashley not Pardew because he sets the markers and decides the funding for each campaign.

He has given us a decent first 11 this is all for me, the same as usual. Alot has to be proven with everyone else in my opinion. Once injuries occur as usual we will struggle if we do not get another two quality bodies through the door. It’s not as if we cannot afford it.

This is my take anyway.

• 86 Ethiotoon // Aug 28, 2014 at 7:26 AM

Toon-Prodigy
    Very good comment. There are some fans here who are idiots and non-sense bloggers who simply have no clue about football. There are also fans available here who are the worst bloggers,who simply waste our time chating and waste the space of the blog.
    Those people know themselves who they are,so before u get embarassed,be exactly where u are ..and if u don’t know ur football background, don’t come in here and waste the space of the blog..
    Clearly here there are mgr supporters and haters,
    I would like to see the day the mgr proof them wrong for the haters,so that they zip off their mouth and vanish like knotted balloons. HWTL

• 87 optimistic prime // Aug 28, 2014 at 7:28 AM

Toon prodigy/JFA

Your both right this is all on Ashley’s shoulders the bloke is a business genius who doesn’t give a toss about us!

I can’t think of one way to get the fat nut out of the club and at the same time don’t think he’ll get rid of Pardew anytime quick.

I prefer to talk about the football as I see Ashley being here a long time, if he sells up great ill party in the streets to.

At the minute Pardew takes all the flack because he’s the main face and spokesman for the club and virtually backs Ashley as a great owner.

We may have changed personnel and formation but the tactics haven’t changed, we do not play on the front foot and the signings and formation haven’t hidden the fact we are a defensive side.

If it was as easy as signing a petition to get Ashley out I’d be too of the list to sign it, but it isn’t so I try not to depress myself with thee fact that Ashley doesn’t give a toss and I concentrate on the football instead.

• 88 optimistic prime // Aug 28, 2014 at 7:32 AM

Ethio

By calling fans idiots your proving your worse than the people you are calling, if your going to call people idiots try and get your spelling correct.

• 89 optimistic prime // Aug 28, 2014 at 7:36 AM

Ethio

It’ll be a cold day in hell before Pardew prices he’s a good manager, check his football background!

I’ll read his one line of achievements when you find it!

• 90 nut meg // Aug 28, 2014 at 7:42 AM

Nice to read some posts without the bile the last few hours.

• 91 gaz 44 // Aug 28, 2014 at 7:43 AM

Surely its not a coincidence top 4 have been given home draws

• 92 Ethiotoon // Aug 28, 2014 at 7:45 AM

OP
    he already showed me back 3 yrs ago who he is and what he can do, so no need to check his FB BGD..
    do I need to say anything??

• 93 optimistic prime // Aug 28, 2014 at 7:45 AM

Nut

For now ;)

• 94 optimistic prime // Aug 28, 2014 at 7:57 AM

Ethio

One swallow doesn’t make a spring!

I went to every home game except one that year and the majority of the games we sat back defended for our lives and scored worldys to win matches!

Pardew is a one trick pony and since his first full season we finished 5th every other manager has had his number.

I’d love him to prove me wrong as it would mean we where doing well as a side I’d also like Ashley to prove us all wrong but neither of those things are likely to happen.

Pardew has the record for worst run of defeats at 3 different clubs, is that the sign if a good manager?

What happened after we sold Cabaye last year? We only sold one player yet the team collapsed because the manager has no plan b, again is that the sign of a good manager?

As I said above I’d be more than happy to say I was wrong about both as we’d be showing ambition and doing well.

• 95 davis_toons // Aug 28, 2014 at 7:59 AM

Ben Arfa shouting out for – CHANGE….a song frm the former Rapper TUPAC….

• 96 Markaccus // Aug 28, 2014 at 8:13 AM

FLUID PRODUCED IN THE LIVER THAT AIDS IN THE DIGESTION OF LIPIDS!!

• 97 optimistic prime // Aug 28, 2014 at 8:15 AM

Markaccus

Bile?

Davis

That is cringeworthy, a dig at Pardew?

• 98 Ethiotoon // Aug 28, 2014 at 8:15 AM

OP
    Read Toon-Prodigy’s comment @72 and learn how to be patient…., ( or take patient-mgt class)…!

• 99 south coast toon // Aug 28, 2014 at 8:38 AM

I think most of us are rightfully worried that no real goal scorer has been signed yes we have played ok a nd created chances but we haven’t signed a finisher half as good as remy or ba .and to hear pards say cisse will come good again is like a kick in the teeth I think he’s scored 10 in the last 2 seasons and yes he’s been played out of position etc . I don’t think anyone’s bring negative these are the facts
    We needed at least 1 goalscorer minimum and we ain’t got him now to me the starting 11 is weeker than when remy was here
    I’d take 10 to 12 in the league now as we know we haven’t got goals in the side I love Newcastle but the facts are what they are we haven’t brought in the right tools to get the job done

previous post: Newcastle Still Hoping To Sign One Of Two Striker Targets