Colback – It’s Another Proud Moment For Me And My Family

Jack Colback has been called up to the England squad and we just hope that Roy Hodgson hadn’t talked about our Jack being the ginger Pirlo – because that’s brough about all kinds of negativity about Jack from England fans – but there again most of them will not have seen how great he has been for Newcastle this season, and he was Man of the Match against England’s top club – Manchester City.

jack colback 99

Jack Colback – ion signing for his home town club

So Jack can play a bit.

And this is what Jack has said on the Newcastle web-site today:

“It’s another proud moment for me and my family.¨ “My football is going really well at the moment and this is the icing on the cake after moving here.¨ “There’s been a few retirements since the World Cup, in Steven Gerrard and Frank Lampard, which has left a hole.¨

“I’m not saying I’m necessarily their replacement, but there are opportunities there for young players to stake a claim.¨ “The manager took a few young players to the World Cup in the summer and has now named a young squad, so that shows you always have a chance.¨

“Of course. I’ve got to go there, express myself in training and hopefully be a part of the games. I want to show people what I am capable of and I know that once I’ve experienced it once, I will want to do it again.¨

“I’ve just got to go there and do what I’ve been doing at club level, hopefully impress them and stay in the squad.” “I was in the gym when Tony (Toward, team administrator) came in and said he had received the paperwork saying I was involved.¨

“If it had been anyone else I wouldn’t have believed it, but the manager had pulled me away this morning to say that England had rung to check if I was fit, so therefore I may have a chance. When Tony confirmed it, I believed it.¨

“To be honest, before today, when it comes to the time of the squad being announced, I’ve never really taken much notice or thought about it.¨ “I’ve never been involved before, not even much as a young lad, and sometimes it can be difficult to get in there when you haven’t been around it before.¨

“I just always wanted to concentrate on playing well for the team and doing well for the Club – not individual performances.¨ “That’s why it has come as a surprise. It is a massive bonus in my career but it is a challenge I will relish and it will be a great experience.”

Jack is a very down to earth guy.

Roy Hodgson did take a look at Colback in the 0-0 draw at Aston Villa last Saturday, and Jack had another good game, and it seems Villa’s Fabian Delph also caught the eye and he is also included in the England squad for the first time.

We look forward to seeing Jack in an England shirt, and putting in the kind of performances he’s been giving at Newcastle, and then England fans will realize why he’s in the squad – this lad is a good player.

You can follow us on our three social media sites below:

• toonarmydownsouth

Aug 28, 2014 at 4:36 PM

22toonarmydownsouth // Aug 28, 2014 at 4:35 PM

SS1 now Liverpool vs Toon highlights from April 96
    Ginola’s goal gets better and better every time you see it!

• G

Aug 28, 2014 at 4:37 PM

Just to reiterate my earlier comment on another thread, I really hope he gets some playing time, even if it’s only in the friendly. England need a more belt-and-braces approach than just silky skilled prima-donnas.

• ToonFromLeeds

Aug 28, 2014 at 4:38 PM

Good on Jack he deserves a call up. 1st Newcastle player in England squad for years!

Just read a report that we are inline to bid for Micah Richards, Scott Sinclair and Danny Welbeck!! I’m intrigued but would welcome Welbeck and Richards

• toonarmydownsouth

Aug 28, 2014 at 4:40 PM

“Beardsley to Rob Lee, Lee curls it through……Asprillllllllllaaaaaaaa!”

• Whumpie

Aug 28, 2014 at 4:40 PM

Er… so this would be the third thread in just over an hour?

Let some banter build up, eh?

• toonarmydownsouth

Aug 28, 2014 at 4:41 PM

Well done Jack lad, was very sceptical about his signing, very happy to eat humble pie and say the lad has been absoultley top draw for us

• Laurent Robert 32

Aug 28, 2014 at 4:42 PM

Ian

“Those who are at war with others are not at peace with themselves.”
    ———-

Whilst you are handing out hugs and daisy chains with your head in the clouds, Alan’s record breaking feats will roll on at yet another club. Whilst you are clapping like a seal when we don’t score again, I will be once again letting voicing my opinion as to one of the major causes of the problem. Namely him and Geppetto who controls his strings.

Do you also put food into a broken fridge and expect it to be cool when you return the next day?

How about driving home with a flat tyre?

Or driving with the handbrake on?

The problem needs to be fixed not tolerated with blind faith.

• toonking

Aug 28, 2014 at 4:44 PM

do the english teams all have to get into different groups?

• Laurent Robert 32

Aug 28, 2014 at 4:46 PM

I’ll re-state that Carr has brought us in some good players and I’d love to see them organised by a forward thinking and creative manager.

• Average_Contents

Aug 28, 2014 at 4:50 PM

Zaha to palace on a season long loan, thank fcuk for that he’s no longer available for us but the downside is he’ll probably play a blinder against us on Saturday and with that knarly ole bignose dinosaur in charge they’ll probably get the win too

Cleverly to villa for £8m! Another overrated, overhyped Englishman

Tads

I’m the same I thought ginger was pump bur he’s proved me wrong, not brilliant but better than I thought which wasn’t very much 😉

• nut meg

Aug 28, 2014 at 4:55 PM

congratulations Jack,well done bonny lad.

• 70TWO

Aug 28, 2014 at 4:58 PM

toonarmydownsouth

Can’t really find much of video footage of Facundo Ferreyra at Shakhtar Donetsk; last season he appeared 12 times scoring 6 and with 2 assists. Think he only started 1 of the 7 appearances in European competitions. Finished last season with an injury but has already scored for NUFC U21.

• Laurent Robert 32

Aug 28, 2014 at 4:59 PM

Hopefully a call-up will Jack some more confidence to help us out.

• Our Toon

Aug 28, 2014 at 5:00 PM

In the rehearsal for the CL draw Liverpool got Real Madrid, Juventus and Monaco

• John Tudor

Aug 28, 2014 at 5:05 PM

failing to prepare is like preparing to fail
    pardew out

• Tsunki

Aug 28, 2014 at 5:17 PM

Well I’m pleased he’s got the call up but without wanting to dampen things it shows what the condition of the national game is. It was mooted some years ago that it would go the way of the Scottish leagues and dip drastically as more and more mediocre foreign players were brought in, and although it’s not quite that bad, it’s pretty poor all the same. Colback is a good working midfielder in the old fashioned mould, someone who facilitates or breaks up play, but hardly a blinding talent that changes games or that a midfield can be built around. That’s why we’ve got him, and don’t get me wrong, I’m glad we have, he’s a steadying influence does what he’s designed to do and does it consistently. But if he’s the touchstone of English football, Meh.

• toonking

Aug 28, 2014 at 5:19 PM

bayern munich same group as sh1ty

• Laurent Robert 32

Aug 28, 2014 at 5:21 PM

Tsunki, I agree.

• Tsunki

Aug 28, 2014 at 5:25 PM

Munster – re your reply on the ‘manager effect ‘ on player performance, don’t get me wrong, I don’t blame every players downturn on Pardew, but I do think you have to allow for the possibility that in the main, he does carry the responsibility for the morale and psychological effect on form to a fair degree as indicated by one overriding symptom – results. We’ve had some pretty devastating runs of form, record losses and some uncharacteristically yo-yo turns of performances from one week to the next. You can say it’s Carrs fault for scouting players of questionable fortitude or Pardew’s fault for demoralising players with his tactics, training and formations. Or you could be realistic and say it’s a bit of both. That’s as much credit as he is due though.

• toonking

Aug 28, 2014 at 5:27 PM

madrid basel liverpool

• Tsunki

Aug 28, 2014 at 5:29 PM

LR32 – I feel bad for saying it as I wasn’t opposed to him coming here at all, thought he was a sound buy. Still do.

• stephen1971

Aug 28, 2014 at 5:31 PM

i think we might of just unearthed our new rob lee, well done jack

• Toon Tang

Aug 28, 2014 at 5:34 PM

Rooney being named new England captain is about as joyous an occasion as trapping ya rollocks in the soap dispenser.

• Tsunki

Aug 28, 2014 at 5:40 PM

Rooney lost his mojo a while back imo. Nowadays looks like all hard work and little product. I’m sounding like Ketsy, aren’t I? 🙁

• tequilamag

Aug 28, 2014 at 5:42 PM

Tsunki did he lose it in the soap dispenser ?

• Laurent Robert 32

Aug 28, 2014 at 5:42 PM

I know what you mean though.

• Tsunki

Aug 28, 2014 at 5:43 PM

It was mentioned earlier that it would be good if he got Speedo’s knack of pouncing on the loose ball, if he turned out anything like him or Rob Lee I’d definitely eat my words.

• dannitoon

Aug 28, 2014 at 5:44 PM

Just means MA and AP can now demand a 15m+ fee for him next season… good profit

• 70TWO

Aug 28, 2014 at 5:45 PM

Tough group for City

• BandB

Aug 28, 2014 at 5:45 PM

I had what is likely to be my last look at St James’s for what is now likely to be a very long time today.
    I remember when it was made of corrugated iron and urine-soaked bricks (having a wet on the wall was very popular in the 70’s, some of you will recall.)
    All these places have their moments, with lovers and friends, some are gone, and some are living.
    It is as well at these times to remember what you have loved.
    Mixed feelings, as ever.

A last look at the blog shows it is still as full as sourpuss division as we have all helped make it.
    Farewell my lovely wild-eyed, wide-eyed boys.
    To my friends, the ones called the haters.
    I say that the opposite of love is not hatred, but indifference. As any woman would tell you.
    If you can’t love a man, don’t try to change him. Leave him.
    And that goes for each other, unless you exist purely for a meaningless, repetitive fight, like two old lovers without the wit to break their chains.
    There is more to life than giving a toss about what “sensible” sorts think. Or “haters.”

To the sensible shoes among you.
    Try to have some fun eh?! Some of you seem tuned to the same joyless, unpleasant trundle of the dentist’s slow drill.
    Throw your stays off, unclench your teeth and buttocks, and LET GO OF THE KEYBOARD.

It might be better if one side just left the blog entirely to the other, as many now seem to wish.
    Or if the delete button was handed to Toonmag or Magtoon, or Mr Magoo Down South.
    Be careful what you wish for.

And never forget what you have loved.

Don’t worry Igglepiggle.
    It’s time to go.

• Tsunki

Aug 28, 2014 at 5:45 PM

Tequila – just was afraid to ask how the soap dispenser came into proximity of said parts. 😐

Are we talking display dispenser of an automatic washing machine, or like the one in the toilets. That would be weird wouldn’t it?

• 70TWO

Aug 28, 2014 at 5:46 PM

the full draw for the 2014/15 Champions League group stage:

Group A: Atletico Madrid, Juventus, Olympiacos, Malmo
    Group B: Real Madrid, Basel, Liverpool, Ludogorets
    Group C: Benfica, Zenit, Bayer Leverkusen, Monaco
    Group D: Arsenal, Borussia Dortmund, Galatasaray, Anderlecht
    Group E: Bayern Munich, Manchester City, CSKA Moscow, Roma
    Group F: Barcelona, PSG, Ajax, Apoel
    Group G: Chelsea, Schalke, Sporting Lisbon, Maribor
    Group H: Porto, Shakhtar Donetsk, Athletic Bilbao, Bate Borisov

• Average_Contents

Aug 28, 2014 at 5:48 PM

Toon tang

What on earth are your rollocks doing near the soap dispenser in the first place I think is the more pressing question mate 😉

Barca
    PSG
    Ajax
    Apoel (poor them)

Definitely the group of death lol

Arsenal good group

Chelsea good group

Citeh pretty hard group I think

Liverpool good group only really R.Madrid

Group C is a complete and utter joke tbh

• tequilamag

Aug 28, 2014 at 5:48 PM

It boggles the mind but I am sure some people pay good money for that service.

• Tsunki

Aug 28, 2014 at 5:49 PM

BandB – In My Life. Profound. Where are you going? Mars? The great beyond? You seem to be proposing that every character that makes the blog function and stays interesting desert it. I don’t get it. But in any case, bon voyage!

• Tsunki

Aug 28, 2014 at 5:51 PM

70Two – help me out here, I scanned that list back to front and couldn’t see who we were drawn against.

😉

• MassiveG

Aug 28, 2014 at 5:52 PM

I’m not really for blocking Aaron’s progress and I like Mapou, but if Marseille want Mapou maybe we can engineer a swap for Ayew and then bring in Micah

• Average_Contents

Aug 28, 2014 at 5:54 PM

BandB

And where does one think the’re off too may I ask?

ED MAN, SORT THIS FCUKING DESKTOP SHITE OUT MATE IT’S SERIOUSLY GETTING ON MY TITS!

• 70TWO

Aug 28, 2014 at 5:59 PM

Tsunki 🙂

Stick a pin in and forever replace whichever club with NUFC

• BandB

Aug 28, 2014 at 5:59 PM

Tsunki

I’m going to somewhere that isn’t even on the map and is virtually impossible to find

Seghill.

Where, if the ever internet reaches it, I will hope to see it has not been deserted by anyone.
    Wish us well.
    And bon voyage to Newcastle, its club and its people.

1 2 3 8