Newcastle Trying To Negotiate Loan Deal For Frenchman

Newcastle would like to completely unload Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa – in other words they would like the deal with Marseilles to be a permanent transfer rather than a season-long loan – but news in France is that the two clubs are struggling to agree an initial loan deal for the Frenchman, with a future option to buy – and the big problem is his wages.

Mapou Yanga Mbiwa

Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa – loan deal to Marseilles

Newcastle paid a hefty £6.8M for the defender when we bought him from Montpellier in January of last year, and there’s little chance the fee that will be part of the deal in case Marseilles want to make the deal permanent next year – will be anywhere close to that figure.

We’ll have to take a loss on Mapou when he finally leaves the club permanently – some time in the future.

Mapou has not been a success at Newcastle, although he could do a job for Marseilles in the French League this season.

The French web-site Hat-Trick is reporting the French international has agreed personal terms with the French club, and that his wages are more than £60K/week at Newcastle – but that seems way too high for a player who was unproven in the Premier League, when we signed him.

Newcastle want Marseilles to pay 80% of Yanga-Mbiwa’s weekly wages – so if £60K is the correct amount then they want the French club to pay £48K of that.

These are the kind of difficulties clubs get into when they sign players who don’t make it – especially when they signed on big wages – but of course every transfer is a risk of some sort.

We will not even mention the four and a half years Xisco spent at Newcastle, when the Spaniard was on £50K/week,  and he played for us 11 times in that time.

That’s over £11M the Spaniard received in wages form the club over that time period, although it would have been be less than that because we loaned him out to some Spanish clubs. 🙁

So it looks like Newcastle will still need to pay some of Mapou’s wages this season, and supposedly we would hope that Marseilles will make the deal permanent next year.

If the deal is completed and Mapou plays well in Ligue 1 this season, which is certainly possible and even probable after his experience in the Premier League, other French clubs could be interested in signing him at the end of the season.

You can follow us on our three social media sites below:

• Ethiotoon

Aug 29, 2014 at 7:08 PM

Ferreyra saw him one time at schalke game in PS,
    Reminds me of Francis Jeffers,no pace,no clue of how to move around upfront, no strength,no link up,
    nothing. sorry but looks like panic buy.struggling to adapt the pace of PL and Fitness issues.
    we should have brought someone else like Joel cam
    Bringing wickham or welbeck on loan or on permanent basis makes perfect sense now.
    otherwise we face trouble scoring goals!!

• Average_Contents

Aug 29, 2014 at 7:11 PM

Jamestoon

Like I said it’s not the actual channels only a live stream like off a laptop but better overall, pretty good if you can find the right, good quality stream.

Must say that the BT 1&2 streams I’ve found have been really good as have the movies it’s much better than sky on demand and movies

Well worth the dosh especially if people don’t have sky or virgin (I’m cancelling mine down to the bare minimum)

• Moe

Aug 29, 2014 at 7:13 PM

I’d love to see MYM given another chance here in the future.

Loan him to a PL club or top french club but buying option shouldn’t been less than what we paid for him.

• welshgeordie9

Aug 29, 2014 at 7:14 PM

Average_Contents

Is that legal or illegal what you are using.

• scout

Aug 29, 2014 at 7:14 PM

Fancy burnleigh to stuff man u tomorrow, cant wait for that turf moor will be a terrible place to go

• newunited1

Aug 29, 2014 at 7:18 PM

REPOST PLEASE READ!!!!

I know this is non-newcastle related but i am RAISING FUNDS for the MNDA as I am doing the Great North Run in just over a week. I have been struggling to raise funds and would MASSIVELY appreciate anyone donating to help me reach my target of £200.

The ALS ICE WATER BUCKET challenge has been in the spotlight lately, but MNDA is the same thing but just in our country.

I have been greatly affected by it as my Auntie has been diagnosed with the disease and I want to do what I can to help raise funds for the charity.

PLEASE donate if you can.

Here is a link to my Just Giving page, please donate anything you can it would be greatly appreciated, its for a great cause. https://www.justgiving.com/Kieron-Hubbuck/

• beermonkey

Aug 29, 2014 at 7:19 PM

average

what servers are you using for ssn

• John Tudor

Aug 29, 2014 at 7:19 PM

we are trying to negotiate loan deal
    either pay what we want or feck off

• Mister Tuff

Aug 29, 2014 at 7:21 PM

Average – thanks for that update on the Android TV box. Think I’ll get one now. Last night I was checking out the mini keyboards for these boxes called i8 remote keyboards as
    I cannot be bothered with a phone type keyboard.

• John Tudor

Aug 29, 2014 at 7:21 PM

we are trying to negotiate the loan either pay what we want or fcuk elsewhere off

• martoon

Aug 29, 2014 at 7:21 PM

Ethiotoon @1 – We didn’t buy Ferreyra we got him on loan which if what you say is correct seems a sensible bit of business to me so we can see if he improves.

• welshgeordie9

Aug 29, 2014 at 7:24 PM

i take that as a don’t know then, it’s good to talk.

• martoon

Aug 29, 2014 at 7:29 PM

welshgeordie9 @4 – I believe it is illegal – I’ve been looking for a cheaper alternative to Sky but staying legal.

AC are the streams any better than on a Laptop? because whenever I watch football on one it tends to freeze.

• Brutooon

Aug 29, 2014 at 10:51 PM

Saylor is overrated

Collocini and WIlliamson are SLOW and AGEING

Mapou should be our future but seem AP didnt prefer him

and we are in for Micah Richard who been away from the game for ages