Colback Decision To Join Newcastle Vindicated

It’s hard to argue with the fact that Jack Colback’s move to Newcastle United has been a  very good one for the Killingworth lad, and he’s been in great form for the Magpies so far this season, and his England call-up was not all that much of a surprise, especially when Roy Hodgson was at the game last Saturday at Aston Villa, and Jack put in another great display.

jack colback real sociedad

Jack Colback in action in pre-season

It seems that playing for a high-profile club like Newcastle United has helped Jack get an England call-up, which he has fully deserved.

It’s also true that Jack played very well for Sunderland last season, and we’re sure England manager Roy Hodgson was keeping tabs on him last season too.

He’s a terrific passer of the ball,  and hardly seems to put a foot wrong when he receives the ball and passes it around to his team mates.

Newcastle manager Pardew has said this about Jack’s England call-up on Thursday:

“It’s great for north-east football, because he did a lot of this to earn his call-up at Sunderland,” “I think he’s ticked a couple of boxes here, though, that are important for an England manager. “

“One, he has moved to a local rivals and he has handled it well; and then he has come into our team and played well, and that has ticked another box for the England manager.”

“When you go to England, you have to show that you have got a personality to deal with all the pressure that comes with playing for England.

“There’s the extra media spotlight, the extra spotlight of analysts and the experts in the studio, and I think the move to us underlined the fact that he can deal with that.”

And at least Gus Poyet and some reporters are talking about why Lee Cattermole wasn’t called up, and it’s true that Lee has played well all this year.

But from what we’ve seen of Lee he can be a liability to a team, and seemingly can get sent off at any time with those wild tackles of his, and we still remember when he almost crippled Joey Barton back in November of 2008 when he was playing for Wigan, and he should have been sent off.

Barton was out for months and months with that ankle injury.

Of course since then Lee has managed to get himself sent off far too many times, and he still needs to improve his discipline before Hodgson will ever pick him for an England squad, but it is true he is looking a very good player at the moment.

England play Norway in a friendly at Wembley next Wednesday night, and then we start our European 2016 qualification campaign against Switzerland in Basel on Friday, September 8th.

We expect Colback to get his first cap for England – probably in the friendly against Norway.

Hexham-born former Newcastle goalkeeper Fraser Forster, now at Southampton could also pick up his third cap in the game against Norway.

You can follow us on our three social media sites below:

• catchy in norway

Aug 30, 2014 at 8:28 AM

67catchy in norway // Aug 30, 2014 at 8:27 AM

can anyone guess the excuse today?

I’m going for , it’s the new manager affect , it’s not fair cos they put in a bit extra effort for him,
    the game plan didn’t change , I thought they would get tired around the80min mark, but it never happened , this 2-0 really shocked me as we was in control of almost all of the game , it was 2 mad moments from HBA , he was in there 18y box alone and lost the ball , he didn’t run back to help the other 10, the boy will learn from it though, il make him train with the kids
    luckily we have a break and we can work on a few things , sitting bottom does not worry me, I don’t look at tables ,

reporter

but the crowd where shouting for you to be sacked

pardew
    no , it’s just a bit of banter , their a funny breed up here , one week there happy the next the kids are not , any way it’s only a small minority , there are only 50,000 in here , and about a million out there, anyway my bosses think I’m good , so does my wife and mam, you know I used to sell windows , and now I’m here , go figure

the ramblings

• londonderry toon

Aug 30, 2014 at 8:28 AM

sounds like sour grapes from poyet lol cattermole im just read agger will only consider bronby

• londonderry toon

Aug 30, 2014 at 8:30 AM

is JOSE ENQUE for sale would love him bk would sort LB out DIARRA TO qpr good player only 29

• NEWEXPATMAGPIE

Aug 30, 2014 at 8:35 AM

We are crying out for a good Striker and a strong CB !

Why we hav,nt gone and got Virgil van Dijyk from Celtic is a complete mystery to me ?

The window will slam shut on monday and we will have no-one to make the goals this year !

I think were Shagged ?

• Goofy

Aug 30, 2014 at 8:36 AM

No number 5 yet? Only 2 days of transfer window left. Them cnuts upstairs know we need at least 1 CB realistically we need 2 in case of injuries and MYM is getting the push. We’ve needed a CB for god knows how long now but they just don’t look to fill in that position, what is going on?

• will

Aug 30, 2014 at 8:39 AM

Guess a lot on here still don’t rate him, just as when he first arrived .

• Jeff from Benwell

Aug 30, 2014 at 8:40 AM

catchy in norway `defined a`tedious`b`boring`c`humourless`d`illinformed`e`probably a mackem wum

• catchy in norway

Aug 30, 2014 at 8:45 AM

bentwell jeff

we will see , iv been right for 3 years now 😉

does your guide dog take you to the match ?

• Diggedydaws

Aug 30, 2014 at 8:46 AM

Catchy,

You have done what I thought nigh on impossible today and made me laugh with that!

Pretty much standard Pardew fare.

I am not a negativist but I honestly have to say, if today is another goaless dirge of bad positional play and few chances I am officially turning over the egg timer and counting the grains of sand until Pardew`s timely demise!

• Diggedydaws

Aug 30, 2014 at 8:47 AM

Jeff,

He has a point like.

I`ve drawn my own line in the sand this week.

• Goofy

Aug 30, 2014 at 8:48 AM

Have we ever signed anyone on transfer deadline day under Ashley?
    Maybe they are hoping Street or Good will get in to the squad so we wont need a CB, if that’s the case we’re doomed I tell you, DOOMED!!
    Anyhoo rant over.

Team for today

Ktul

Janmaat Colo Williamson Haidara

Anita Collback

Goofy De Jong Cabella

Perez

Chose Anita over Sissoko, Sissoko does a lot of running with no end product.

Try Perez first then take on Riviere half way through 2nd half if it’s not working or give Ferreya a shot.

• Diggedydaws

Aug 30, 2014 at 8:50 AM

See in the mail they are calling Colback the ginger Pirlo, I think that`s class.

Very impressed with this lad, would like to see him provide more protection defensively, with regards to tracking runners but generally looks V good to me.