Chances Of Newcastle Getting Two Players In Are Not Good

There are just over 24 hours left in this transfer window, and Newcastle are trying to bring in a striker and a center-back – and at the same time move on some fringe players to other clubs to help lower the wage bill.

loic remy chelsea

Loic Remy – after signing for Chelsea today

There have been several reports from GOAL today involving Newcastle United.

One (good one) this morning was that Newcastle were in the lead to sign center-back Toby Alderweireld from Atletico Madrid, but unfortunately they have just put out an almost identical report this afternoon, saying it is now their understanding that Southampton will sign the 25 year-old defender.

There are going to be frequent reports linking Newcastle with strikers and center-backs until 11:00 pm tomorrow night when the transfer window slams shut, simply because the media knows that’s who we are after.

It looks like we have gone back in for Loic Remy and Alexandre Lacazette and today Loic Remy passed his medical – as Jose Mourinho had predicted yesterday – and joined Chelsea on a four year deal, so he ended up at a top four club after all.

And we heard that Alexandre Lacazette is not available for transfer from Lyon and our bid was rejected by the French club – again.

Those two have been our top two striker targets this summer – so it looks like we will not be successful in getting either of them through the door.

We suppose we could go after Joel Campbell of Arsenal,  but he is being heavily linked with a possible move to Benfica, and the Portuguese club can offer him more than we can in terms of European football and winning trophies.

As for center-backs, we are still linked with Celtic’s Virgil van Dijk, and the 23 year-old  would be a great capture for Newcastle, and Micah Richards is still available – as far as we know – from Manchester City.

So it’s possible we could get one of those two through the door in the next 24 hours.

But the truth is it’s going to be very difficult for Newcastle to bring in a good striker and a good center-back in the next 24 hours.

We should remember that during  all the hype that will be going on  tomorrow.

Of course we still are hoping against hope we can bring two good players in. 😀

You can follow us on our three social media sites below:

• toon22

Aug 31, 2014 at 10:12 PM

re post

Who cares

Its so long ago any hope showed its face in the MA adverts nightmare arena even an idiot wioll shun the place.

How long has it been since anyone here or at the ground saw a decent team play good football?

Id say its before MA by a long shot.

• optimistic prime

Aug 31, 2014 at 10:14 PM

Sky Sports News understands Mike Ashley is laughing his tits off.

• Belfast

Aug 31, 2014 at 10:18 PM

Shock horror

• toon kk

Aug 31, 2014 at 10:18 PM

toon22
    totally agree with all you say, that’s why I refused to renew my season ticket. It isn’t a proper football club any more it’s a business that makes money from selling players. The fans don’t mean jack sh.t to MA.

• Thump

Aug 31, 2014 at 10:21 PM

Never…

• welshgeordie9

Aug 31, 2014 at 10:22 PM

Good evening everyone, I have just recovered from the worst hangover you can imagine, best birthday party ever.

• John Tudor

Aug 31, 2014 at 10:22 PM

there are loads of fans who will always bleat and attend games dear me you cant even swear football matches no longer are fun to attend a true fan will see the deep do-do we are in and realise something needs to be done and done soonish i applaud those who got up and left i applaud those who chanted for pardews head more like that needs to be done so what if ashley shit on us he will be gone before the club is

• catchy in norway

Aug 31, 2014 at 10:31 PM

mike and his big pal pardew

One can have a dream, baby
    Two can make that dream so real
    One can talk about bein’ in love
    Two can say how it really feels
    One can wish upon a star
    Two can make that wish come true, yeah
    One can stand alone in the dark
    Two can make the light shine through
    It takes two, baby, it takes two, baby
    Me and you, just take two
    It takes two, baby, it takes two, baby
    To make a dream come true, just take two
    One can have a broken heart, livin’ in misery
    Two can really ease the pain like a perfect remedy
    One can be alone in the far, like an island he’s all alone
    Two can make just-a any place seem just like a-bein’ home
    It takes two, baby, it takes two, baby
    Me and you, just take two
    It takes two, baby, it takes two, baby
    To make a dream come true, just take two
    Whoo-whoo-whoo
    Just take two, just take two
    Oh, one can go out to a movie, lookin’ for a special treat
    Two can make that single movie somethin’ really kinda sweet
    Yeah, one can take a walk in the moonlight, thinkin’ that it’s really
    Nice
    A-but two walkin’ a-hand in hand is like addin’ just a pinch of spice
    Yeah, it takes two, baby, it takes two, baby
    Me and you, just take two
    It takes two, baby, it takes two, baby
    To make a dream come true, just take two

• Yohan Kebab

Aug 31, 2014 at 10:32 PM

its not even the results and signings that bother me, its the fact that watching my beloved team is becoming more of a chore than a pleasure that upsets me deeply. i cant put my finger on whether thats down to ashleys dampening of our expectations, pardews negative coaching or a mixture of both but either way its not nice 🙁

• catchy in norway

Aug 31, 2014 at 10:34 PM

Our lips shouldnt touch
    I like it too much
    (Move over darling)
    That gleam in your eyes is no big surprise anymore
    ‘Cause you fooled me before
    Im all in a spin
    About to give in
    (Move over darling)
    And though its not right, Im too weak to fight it somehow
    ‘Cause I want you right now
    The way you sigh, has me waving my conscience bye-bye
    You can call me a fickle thing
    But Im practically yours forever, because
    I yearn to be kissed
    How can I resist
    You captured my heart and now that Im no longer free
    Make love to me
    The way you sigh
    Has me waving my conscience goodbye
    You can call me a fickle thing
    But Im practically yours forever, because
    I yearn to be kissed
    How can I resist
    (Move over darling)
    Please give me your love, Im longing for you
    I need all your love, honest I do
    You captured my heart and now that Im no longer free
    Make love to me
    Make love to me
    Make love to me
    Make love to me
    Move over darling
    Move over darling

• Geremi's Prosthetic Leg Fund

Aug 31, 2014 at 10:35 PM

I’m not bothered what happens now, I’m just waiting until Pardew leaves and someone respectable and qualified is brought in.

• ToonTiger

Aug 31, 2014 at 10:36 PM

Toon transfer challenge – I nominate Mike Ashley, Lee Charnley & Alan Pardew you have just under 24 hours to sign at least a striker and one if not two central defenders.

• Yohan Kebab

Aug 31, 2014 at 10:36 PM

lacazette has just handed in a transfer request

• catchy in norway

Aug 31, 2014 at 10:37 PM

I see my red door and I want it painted black
    No colors anymore I want them to turn black
    I see the girls walk by dressed in their summer clothes
    I have to turn my head until my darkness goes
    I see a line of cars and they’re all painted black
    With flowers and my love both never to come back
    I see people turn their heads and quickly look away
    Like a new born baby it just happens every day
    I look inside myself and see my heart is black
    I see my red door, I must have it painted black
    Maybe then I’ll fade away and not have to face the facts
    It’s not easy facin’ up when your whole world is black
    No more will my green sea go turn a deeper blue
    I could not foresee this thing happening to you
    If I look hard enough into the settin’ sun
    My love will laugh with me before the mornin’ comes
    I see a red door and I want it painted black
    No colors anymore I want them to turn black
    I see the girls walk by dressed in their summer clothes
    I have to turn my head until my darkness goes
    I wanna see your face, painted black
    Black as night, black as coal
    I wanna see the sun blotted out from the sky
    I wanna see it painted, painted, painted, painted black
    Yeah!

• Laurent Robert 32

Aug 31, 2014 at 10:37 PM

No signings in two windows then we’ve simply replaced what we had. There’s a pile of money there for use on two crucial players and a capable manager and coaching staff. It is affordable without going daft and over spending

It really is unacceptable.

Charnley has shown he can get them in, but even he has limits if E. Honda won’t release any more money than what we recouped for Cabaye and Debuchy.

• jimmysmith

Aug 31, 2014 at 10:40 PM

I too applaud the walkout and the chants against Ashley, but having brought in at what face value looks some excellent buys, I’m prepared to give them time to gel.

We don’t seem likely to get the two players in we seem to need, because of our transfer policy. If we are bottom half come Christmas, I’d hope the crowd goes off again, and continues to do so till we are a run as a competitive club in this league.

• optimistic prime

Aug 31, 2014 at 10:40 PM

Catchy

Stop wasting good songs on fat man and dobbin

• John Tudor

Aug 31, 2014 at 10:42 PM

they wont gel even if pardew uses araldite
    cluess numpty that he is

• ToonTiger

Aug 31, 2014 at 10:45 PM

According to tw@tter lacazette handed transfer request

• John Tudor

Aug 31, 2014 at 10:47 PM

he is off to asernal now they lost out to chesski on ratty

• Laurent Robert 32

Aug 31, 2014 at 10:47 PM

Jimmy, if we lose to Southampton and look bad against Hull, I reckon it could well start then like it was at Cardiff. He won’t want much more of that.

• John Tudor

Aug 31, 2014 at 10:49 PM

peacefull demos out side his shops

• John Tudor

Aug 31, 2014 at 10:51 PM

burning his carrier bags smashing his mugs into skips burning his effighy cats and dogs

• ToonTiger

Aug 31, 2014 at 10:54 PM

If not us then he’ll be off to arsenal ( feel like a doom mongerer tonight)

• MassiveG

Aug 31, 2014 at 10:55 PM

Lacazetter has only had one good season.

I think we should be after Benteke and Alderweireld.

If he goes to S’Ton then Micah.

• Tsunki

Aug 31, 2014 at 10:55 PM

LR32 – E Honda. Class 😀

• John Tudor

Aug 31, 2014 at 10:56 PM

our bizz is done we are a laughing stock even the agents are laughing

• damma99

Aug 31, 2014 at 10:57 PM

If no new signings are made tomorrow and we don’t win any of our next two games I think the rumbling will start again only worse. Beware Ashley

• Tsunki

Aug 31, 2014 at 10:58 PM

Theres still a day left. Barnetta is just checking out now.

• jimiley

Aug 31, 2014 at 10:58 PM

ED,
    Its looking good for no players. Fat man will buy a striker in Jan when we are struggling. Do the minimum to keep the team in the Prem.
    A club which is not interested in winning anything. What is the point? The whole set up is a total con.

• gonufc (Newcastle United Sports Direct Advertising Club)

Aug 31, 2014 at 10:59 PM

Were we ever really in for Toby?

Sounds like more PR spin from the club “just couldn’t get him over the line” – is that line a bl00dy 40 foot concrete wall?

• John Tudor

Aug 31, 2014 at 11:00 PM

ashley out and take ffin trampus with ya

• jimiley

Aug 31, 2014 at 11:03 PM

I see 50K turned up yesterday. Geordies are as thick as chips.

• JamesToon

Aug 31, 2014 at 11:04 PM

Would like this to end our window:
    Alderweireld/Richards
    Wickham/Lacazette

• John Tudor

Aug 31, 2014 at 11:06 PM

ooh kluivert touting for a managers job ashley tempted
    ffin hope not still if it gets rid of pardrip hey ho

• yorkshire_magpie

Aug 31, 2014 at 11:07 PM

Sky Sports reporting Roma in surprise deal fo Mbiwa and alderwield close to signing for soton

• John Tudor

Aug 31, 2014 at 11:08 PM

we might get cliff richards and whickam bank

• optimistic prime

Aug 31, 2014 at 11:09 PM

Well only 24hrs of this to go, thank f for that.

I said in a previous post I see us getting beat at Southampton and off Hull at home. I think at best it will be two points. Thease two games are the biggest ones since Pardews been here.

Lose at Southampton and there’ll be voices heard from the start, don’t produce the goods or play poor I think the whole ground will make their feelings known.

He’s been drinking in the last chance saloon for around two years, last orders in sight, I hope.

• welshgeordie9

Aug 31, 2014 at 11:09 PM

right I’ve had enough of this crap, just to let everybody i won’t be following newcastle now and won’t be on this blog not until pardew goes, won’t be signing anybody tomorrow, give it another 2 or 3 games and newcastle will be deep trouble, from now on i will supporting my local.

Take care everybody

• Laurent Robert 32

Aug 31, 2014 at 11:11 PM

“a lot of dishonesty and pretending to bid for players and not doing it.” – Kevin Keegan

Kevin is still a breath of fresh air.

If you missed the great interview he did with Harmison for Sporting Heroes, here it is. Part 1. I’d highly recommended watching it of you still haven’t seen it.

The polar opposite to the lying wooden boy we have now who literally has sucked the life and enjoyment out of watching us play. For me anyway, and I like our players.