The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Ben Arfa Has Arrived In Hull – Mobbed By Fans

11:59 pm, Monday, September 1st, 2014 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 119 Comments

News that Hatem Ben Arfa has only just arrived at Hull City to complete his move to the club  after late developments this afternoon – and it’s not surprising he has been mobbed by Hull City fans.

hatem ben arfa hull

Hatem Ben Arfa arriving tonight at Hull City and adoring fans.

Certainly Ben Arfa seemed happy enough when he arrived at the ground,  and Hull fans were there to welcome the mercurial winger, who has played his last game for Newcastle.

Hull have obtained an extension from the FA to complete the deal – so the deal should be done in the early hours, but it could take an hour or two to complete since he will still need to complete a medical.

And Newcastle fans have taken to Twitter demonstrating their anger at the move, and there is some bad feeling towards manager Alan Pardew – who fell out with Ben Arfa in a dressing room row last season – and Ben Arfa has been training with the Reserves all season, basically treated as a pariah – and was not on any of Newcastle’s pre-season tours, and dint play at all in pre-season.

He was told by Alan Pardew this afternoon he had no future at the club, and was basically forced out so Newcastle could save on his wages and also get a loan fee from Hull for the season-long loan – so once again at Newcastle money is King with a capital K.

Ben Arfa will become a free agent next summer, and he could be in big demand again if he plays well at Hull – so this could be a good move for him – at least he will play games.

When Ben Arfa said he wanted to join a club in the Premier League, in stepped Geordie manager Steve Bruce at Hull and it looks like Bruce will pull of an incredible coup for his club in the wee hours of the morning.

Steve Bruce is a good man manager although he has admitted tonight that the Frenchman will be a challenge for him.

In case you haven’t heard, Newcastle did not bring in any new players today.

You can follow us on our three social media sites below:

Tags: Hatem Ben Arfa · Loan Moves · Newcastle News · Premier League · Transfer News and Rumours · Transfer Target

119 responses so far ↓

• 1 Thump // Sep 2, 2014 at 12:00 AM

JackButler, you still have the Samaritan’s information?

• 2 JackButler // Sep 2, 2014 at 12:01 AM

Thump

0191 232 7272
    National telephone:
    08457 90 90 90
    Email Samaritans: jo@samaritans.org
    (UK and ROI)
    Visit our branch:
    Samaritans Newcastle Upon Tyne
    15 Portland Terrace
    Newcastle Upon Tyne
    Tyne & Wear
    NE2 1QQ

• 3 Geremi's Prosthetic Leg Fund // Sep 2, 2014 at 12:02 AM

Beyond livid. Pardew is a complete scumbag, as is Ashley. Shit window, shit team, shit manager, shit club.

• 4 Laurent Robert 32 // Sep 2, 2014 at 12:02 AM

I’ll have it as well please, Jack.

• 5 Thump // Sep 2, 2014 at 12:02 AM

Cheers Jack.

Back soon lads, I have a phone call to make.

• 6 JackButler // Sep 2, 2014 at 12:02 AM

HBA will be the straw that breaks the camels back

gotta feeling there one hell of a backlash coming Ashley and Pardew’s way very soon

• 7 RUNAWAY777 // Sep 2, 2014 at 12:04 AM

can someone just do away with pardew

• 8 yorkshire_magpie // Sep 2, 2014 at 12:04 AM

Right. That does it for me. I might aswell start supporting Hull City!

• 9 Belfast // Sep 2, 2014 at 12:05 AM

What a gut wrenching picture ha.

I always end every window with more resentment for these kernts

• 10 pawl250 // Sep 2, 2014 at 12:06 AM

Ben Arfa will be fit now he has player games.

He reported back from pre season overweight, no reports saying he still is.

Ffs, no one is saying he is fat now, people just read what they want.

Also I know he caused divide last year, I know someone who trains in the team and he told me. He is very good friends with my work colleague and they occasionally hang out and I have met him.

He confirmed Benny caused issues last year.

I think the whole coming back overweight was the straw that broke the camels back to be honest.

Not to say I agree Pardew should sell Benny, I think he would improve the squad over as stated a poor Obertan or Sammy.

Yet the fact remains, I am more saddened to see a talent like Mbiwa go over a waste of talent air head like Ben Arfa…..

It’s my opinion. Just do not get the hype.

• 11 Laurent Robert 32 // Sep 2, 2014 at 12:06 AM

Jack, bit like when Gullit wouldn’t play Big Dunc or Shearer against Sunderland. Backlash galore.

He played Robinson up front, and he absolutely hates Newcastle. He told me outright.

It will be a cauldron against Hull at home if we lose to Southampton.

• 12 Novocastrian66 // Sep 2, 2014 at 12:06 AM

Dear me our next home game is against Hull City. Pardew better have his tin hat on! I know Ben Arfa cannot play, but it is going to be tough going for Pardew. He obviously didn’t factor that in when he sanctioned Ben Arfa’s transfer.
    By the time we play our next home game against Leicster City in October we could be well and truly in the shit.

• 13 JackButler // Sep 2, 2014 at 12:06 AM

I honestly didn’t realise that so many posters on this blog made their living as dieticians?

Ah well, they do say everyday is a school day and you learn something new FFS

• 14 toonking // Sep 2, 2014 at 12:07 AM

all yous who still think a manager will be happy enough to arrive at this club having seen us have another discraceful window, stop fcuken twisten because you will see this sh1t manager do badly so that fat greedy bastard will be very worried about the risk of relegation and will sack pardew.

besides you fcuken saying every week that we have got a fcuken great team so why fcuken winge about no deadline day transfers. the loss of cabaye in january was not valid enough a reason to go poor so why the fcuk is the loss of HBA and mbiwa when neither of them start.

so stop fcuken wingeing or start fcuken protesting against the fat fcuken b@stard most of all rather than his puppet

• 15 Yohan Kebab // Sep 2, 2014 at 12:08 AM

i will personally pay someone to get rid of pards. out of my student finance money. i promise

• 16 jimmysmith // Sep 2, 2014 at 12:08 AM

Well, losing Ben Arfa and Mbiwa and having Jonas remaining training alone in Argentina as he sits out the last year of his contract and no one in, not even any real suggestion of it. Does that mean we officially lose transfer deadline day? It is feeble, even by our own so often miserable standards.

• 17 MacToon // Sep 2, 2014 at 12:09 AM

It’s a typical international break spanner in the works yet again. If he arrived after 11 how the hell did they get an extension!!

• 18 Belfast // Sep 2, 2014 at 12:10 AM

Honestly with the current squad, new players finding their feet and Percy in charge this could be a long long season.

Still Stand by my prediction he’ll be gone by Christmas

• 19 pawl250 // Sep 2, 2014 at 12:11 AM

I think it would be pretty funny so see Ben Arfa flop at Hull to see the reaction of his bummers on here…..

No doubt they will start an anti Bruce protest and his tactics do not suit this godlike player….

As stated he is at Hull for a reason….

If he went to a top 7 club or even Southampton or Swansea I would say fair play…. But Hull?

Please…. A team that couldn’t even make the El group stages man! Ffs….. Shows how good he actually is, do not understand why he gets the legend status and what he has done to deserve it….

• 20 soundoid // Sep 2, 2014 at 12:11 AM

This is how you manage disruptive players. Never seen this before.

• 21 Laurent Robert 32 // Sep 2, 2014 at 12:12 AM

Toonking, I went on the Time4Change march. Did you? I’ll be at the next one as well.

Sustained activism and group inclusion of whatever form will put pressure on owner and the manager. So that is what I help with wherever possible.

• 22 Yohan Kebab // Sep 2, 2014 at 12:12 AM

is it too much to hope that ben arfa is the kind of guy who would roll up, high 5 all of hulls fans and then just as he is about to sign contract tell them he was only kidding :(

• 23 archaeomag // Sep 2, 2014 at 12:12 AM

@Belfast
    . .and JFK in by Boxing Day

• 24 JackButler // Sep 2, 2014 at 12:13 AM

pawl250

you are Alan Pardew aren’t you?………………..come on lad you can admit it, no need to hide your true identity anymore you’re amongst friends on here

• 25 Yohan Kebab // Sep 2, 2014 at 12:13 AM

glad its only a loan, gives us a season to get rid of pardew and for ben arfa to return

• 26 yorkshire_magpie // Sep 2, 2014 at 12:13 AM

Pawl I think Hull have showed more ambition than us in this transfer window. Diame. abel hernandez. Ben arfa. Gaston Ramirez. Now you tell me?

• 27 Aegon // Sep 2, 2014 at 12:15 AM

Good riddance to HBA – totally over rated player that seem to be the darling of armchair fans.

Just watch him fail to live up to the hype at Hull, but I have no doubt that there will still be people with blinkers on that will say that it was because he didn’t have the right players around him or he hasn’t been given a proper run by the manager.

Give me a break, if he was half decent top teams would have been after him.

• 28 gonufc (Newcastle United Sports Direct Advertising Club) // Sep 2, 2014 at 12:15 AM

This is pathetic.

I still think he was our best player.

All this “overweight” stuff has come purely from Pardew who, if he is untrustworthy to the max:

-Why the HELL are people believing him on Ben Arfa?!?!

He was blacklisted and smeared in order to get rid of him and I want to know why!

• 29 BennygivesmeTinglyBalls // Sep 2, 2014 at 12:15 AM

Can’t wait to see Ben Arfa tear it up for Hull, stick it to Pardew. The fans are gonna be all over Pardew straight away now. We can’t compete with Southampton at all, they’ve signed Alderweid and Sadio Mane, 2 exciting players. A dark day.

• 30 pawl250 // Sep 2, 2014 at 12:15 AM

I mean Cabaye is at Psg and doesn’t even get half the praise Benny does…. And he ends up at Hull….

It’s Chalk and cheese, one is a CL contender, the other a relegation candidate for the Pl….

I think Cabaye is 10x the player and that is why he moved on to a higher echelon….. no one even sniffs at Ben Arfa for nowt….

• 31 MacToon // Sep 2, 2014 at 12:16 AM

It’s been a blast – take it easy and respect your fellow fans.

• 32 Thump // Sep 2, 2014 at 12:17 AM

@Kebab: Last year of his contract. He’s gone after this.

• 33 Online Guy // Sep 2, 2014 at 12:17 AM

We had a 3 million pound shortfall after incoming transfers ..Ashley just made that back with HBA going to Hull

Anything you heard about Lacazette or Toby or VVD was rubbish.

Ashley has just completed balancing the books

Kevin Keegan is correct in all that he said in the past

Getting rid of HBA is a disgrace and that Slimy barstard Pardew needs to FCuk right off..and selling a central defender when the weakness in the team is the defence !!!

This mob have lost their FCucking marbles ..what a way to run a great Club with the most loyal fans on the planet Taken advantage of year after year.

NO serious attempt at either the league cup or the Fabled FA cup and no chance of winning the league ,.

WE EXIST JUST TO EXIST

WIN NOTHING NO CUPS NEVER GOING TO WIN THE LEAGUE

WHAT’S THE POINT !

Raging !

• 34 JackButler // Sep 2, 2014 at 12:18 AM

pawl250

Are you that blind that you can’t see the fact there’s a very good chance, in fact it’s probably odd’s on that Hull will finish above us?

• 35 archaeomag // Sep 2, 2014 at 12:18 AM

@Aegon
    Harsh – but true – if he was as good as we think – there would be interest more from other clubs – good luck to him at Hull

• 36 bladeuser // Sep 2, 2014 at 12:18 AM

Whats the odds on us losing the next six then win the seventh and the 50 thousand inside the stadium start cheering the players and pardew what a joke of a club this us no other fans would stand for this shit but carry on lining there pockets u deserve everything u get because u never learn

• 37 Online Guy // Sep 2, 2014 at 12:18 AM

HBA has gone because of prima Donna Colo and Pardew siding with him ..Pardew is a sly Bstard remember him sleeping with a players wife down in Southampton . this is all about Pardew’s Ego .

Pardew has no class, and I predict that one more home defeat coming up soon, he will go into hiding in the tunnel, it will be so much like Hell for him ..and deservedly so . HBA move is a disgrace..egotistical Pardew cannot handle Top players .. this situation is the most pathetic thing to happen to OUR club for ..well since Pardew Nutted Myler ..I defended pardew at the time but I can see no he’s an egotistical smarmy dirty Bstard with no class at all., none !

You know I cant even bring myself to write PArde’s name ..but I think this HBA farce is a kick in the teeth for skill, class, and what did he want Hatem do ..cover the Fcucking center backs ?

• 38 nightfa11 // Sep 2, 2014 at 12:19 AM

Yohan Kebab

hbas contract expires at the end of the season.. its over..

• 39 Mister Tuff // Sep 2, 2014 at 12:19 AM

Someone summed it up nicely for me earlier on, something like the storm clouds are gathering. I hope they are -anything to get rid of these scumbags at the Toon. We have become a joke club.
    I predict a downhill slide and those who were prepared to wait (again and again and again) will realise these snakeoil salesmen and tricksters are leading them down the garden path each season with their management of the club.
    The pro Percy Brigade will appear in the morning in dribs and drabs from their hiding places with more weasel words and spoutings of their poor understanding of football and what we should be aspiring to.

• 40 pawl250 // Sep 2, 2014 at 12:19 AM

Yorkshire

So that makes Hull a worthy team for this world class player lol…..

Remy knew his worth hence him waiting for a big club…. Arsenal or Chelsea…. Even Liverpool….

Benny had the choice of Hull or Birmingham. Lol

As for ambition, they sold Long for 10m have no striker so bought a replacement, fair play. Truth is they need to strengthen as they were tipped to go down or be their abouts.

Think they could finish mid table now with Investment, but I do not think that will be down to Ben Arfa..

• 41 Laurent Robert 32 // Sep 2, 2014 at 12:19 AM

Soundoid, great post that.

“I am 5ft 6 or 5ft 7ins tall but I am telling you this: when I put that kit on and I was standing in that tunnel with Bobby Robson, I felt like I was Didier Drogba.” Bellamy.

Souness called him a ‘bad apple’ and wanted rid.

Now Ben Arfa.

Pardew out.

• 42 croftus5678 // Sep 2, 2014 at 12:19 AM

keeper,lb,rb,mid,attack imo we are sorted i know fans are crying for another striker but we have plenty of real good quality (chucky/cisse/perez/siem/goofy/arma/campbell/river) ok some are second strikers as opposed to main strikers but still plenty of quality and goals there !

cb ye think we all agree we needed a cb as are young lads just dont seem anywhere near prem quality imo and saylors just a liability imo not that mbiwa was any better mind you we just hoped he would improve but tbh he never in his time here.

pards defensive style and this 4-2-3-1 is imo our mistake ! esp when we dont have both tiote and colback and either cisse or chucky as main striker as any other player filling in just cant cope with that system.

4-3-3 or 4-4-2 would suit our team a lot better if neither cisse or chucky are in the team imo.

• 43 yorkshire_magpie // Sep 2, 2014 at 12:19 AM

Personally I think he will set PL alight at hull. Pu it this way im putting him straight into my fantasy football team!

• 44 tequilamag // Sep 2, 2014 at 12:21 AM

Online that is a disgraceful smear. Pardew wanted him to cover the full backs not the centre backs,

• 45 thejokethatisnufc // Sep 2, 2014 at 12:22 AM

Pawl you cant fool me your definitely someone at the club.

• 46 archaeomag // Sep 2, 2014 at 12:22 AM

@tequilamag
    yuk – not a nice image

• 47 ochytoon // Sep 2, 2014 at 12:22 AM

I feel so deflated. Worst deadline day since Carroll.

• 48 yorkshire_magpie // Sep 2, 2014 at 12:23 AM

Pawl is pardews a.hole licker!

• 49 nightfa11 // Sep 2, 2014 at 12:23 AM

croftus5678

youre not being fair to mbiwa.. when he got here he was great..but then pardew put him on the bench..and when he dicided to use him it was at RB..

• 50 pawl250 // Sep 2, 2014 at 12:23 AM

Jack

They may well do, is that meant to be an accomplishment?

Hull is a team in the same bracket as us…. Between. 10th and 18th normally it’s about 10pts give or take. That’s a point a place pretty much…

Basically if you finish 11th you maybe midtable but just avoided relegation in the final weeks of the season.

My point was if Benny was any good he would be at a better club than Hull, and us!

Debuchy, Cabaye, Ba, Remy all moved on to bigger clubs. Yet Benny has not? Why?

• 51 expatmag // Sep 2, 2014 at 12:25 AM

Transfers/loans in

SDJ, Perez, Janmaat, Colback, Riviere, Cabella, Ferrerya, Dawson, Lascelles……..9 players

Transfer/ loans out

Cabaye, Debuchy, Remy, LDJ, Marveaux, MYM, HBA, Dawson, Lascelles, Ameobi, Tavernier, Newton, Campbell

• 52 thejokethatisnufc // Sep 2, 2014 at 12:25 AM

Benny has not moved cause he was booted out of the squad earlier in the season is that not obvious ?

• 53 nufc786 // Sep 2, 2014 at 12:26 AM

this what steve bruce said about hba

We’ve been given an extension and we’re hopeful of getting it over the line,” adds Bruce. “He is an an exciting talent. The question is can we ignite him again? Whatever has happened with him at Newcastle has happened. It’s a big challenge for us all. He wants to get his career kick-started again. Let’s hope I can get the best out of him.”

i think its down to ben arfa’s form at hull that could make or break pardew…

• 54 tequilamag // Sep 2, 2014 at 12:26 AM

Archeo, no puns or innuendo intended I assure you.

• 55 yorkshire_magpie // Sep 2, 2014 at 12:26 AM

Are you thick Pawl. Hes not been part of our first because of our dumbass manager how can you say that a better team didn’t come in for him if he was frozen out. Its like malouda at chelsea

• 56 Laurent Robert 32 // Sep 2, 2014 at 12:28 AM

Mister Tuff…

• 57 Aegon // Sep 2, 2014 at 12:28 AM

Hilarious all the vitriol that gets poured at people who disagree with the HBA is god line.
    Pawl has come out with his opinion but no one has even bothered to comment on his saying he was sadder to see MYM go than HBA.
    I totally agree, MYM has fantastic potential and I fear he will have a great season for Roma and be taken off us on a permanant deal for a pittance at the end of the season.

I personally don’t think we have a bad squad and I think this window has been good, not great, but good.

Yes we have our deficiencies but so does every team in the PL.

E.g.
    Arsenal lack a clinical striker, a decent DM and cover at CB.
    Manure lack quality at the back full stop and creativity in midfield.
    Liverpool lack cover for Gerrard if he goes down and cover at CB.
    Those are just examples.

No squad is perfect.

• 58 thejokethatisnufc // Sep 2, 2014 at 12:28 AM

@ yorkshire, Exactly i dont think Pawl has a clue

• 59 JackButler // Sep 2, 2014 at 12:28 AM

pawl250

He’s in the final year of his contract, how much did Ashley want for the lad?

you simply can’t see the point that a talented player like HBA is banished while Obertan, Jonas etc etc etc etc are favorites of Pardew.

Four former players said that it was Pardew’s job to find a place for HBA as he offer’s something that no other player at the club offer’s and that he had to manage the player, two thing’s he’s failed at. But as long as he has his plodding work horses you should be happy

• 60 Blofal // Sep 2, 2014 at 12:29 AM

Pardew needs results now. Any more losses against any but top 6 teams and there will be a riot.

• 61 ToonTiger // Sep 2, 2014 at 12:29 AM

Makes my divided loyalty easier……

I sincerely hope Ash sells up now. Clear out and start again – it all started to look promising and now we’re a joke again. I’ll ne keeping an eye on agent Bruce.

• 62 pawl250 // Sep 2, 2014 at 12:30 AM

Lol

Funny because I rather see Pardew leave….

I just don’t blame it on Ben Arfa but his limited managerial skills as a whole

Ben Arfa did not make my mind up, one player does not make a team great. Ronaldo proves that when playing for Portugal…..

Pardew needs to go, but for reasons beyond a gifted player that wasted his talent.

Baring in mind he has fallen out with nearly every manager he has played under. Food for thought.

Pardew is not at fault in this scenario from what I have been told he has stood he ground against a player.

Fergie did the same thing to countless players RVN, Beckham, Keane…. No player is bigger than the club, but suppose he is a numpty to no?

Some people would rather Ben Arfa run the club hahaha it’s hilarious!!

• 63 nufc786 // Sep 2, 2014 at 12:30 AM

“I did terrible things during my career, which weren’t normal or morally good,” he said in a long and open interview with L’Equipe on Monday. “It happened everywhere I went, in Clairefontaine, in Lyon. Since I was very small I’ve been very impulsive, I fought all the time.

“It is true that my father never told me that he loved me. Such generosity has been lacking in my life,” Ben Arfa, the son of Tunisian immigrants in France, added.

The 24-year-old also reveals that several of his former coaches were afraid of him. “They didn’t dare talk to me,” he says. “It was like this with coaches and with everyone. It was because of my attitude. When I realised that, I changed. I opened up. I work a lot on this part of my personality because I have to.”

Asked whether Pardew loves him, the winger said: “No. But I respect him for that choice. I ramp up my training, I try to be a good team-mate. I know what I’m doing right now will make me play well. I’m working harder than ever. I’m always frustrated when I’m not playing but, instead of clashing with the coach like before, I let it go because I know I’ll lose. I’m going to submit to his [Pardew’s] authority. … I’m not going to go looking for a fight. My time will come. I have to be patient.”

• 64 Laurent Robert 32 // Sep 2, 2014 at 12:30 AM

Highlighting another Pardew lie:

• 65 Blofal // Sep 2, 2014 at 12:30 AM

Is Jonas still on the books btw??!

• 66 croftus5678 // Sep 2, 2014 at 12:31 AM

@49 nightfa11

he did play well but only 1 game as i remember and your correct he should have stayed in the team and not been taken out just cos colo was available as it prob was a huge mental impact on mbiwa.

after that incident though he was just as much a liability as saylor and didnt seem to be able to get a grip on prem players opting to pull them here and there instead of getting the ball !

i suspect some of our attacking players may suffer a simular fate if we dont start pushing forward as our first thought instead of thinking about defence first.

• 67 thejokethatisnufc // Sep 2, 2014 at 12:31 AM

Pawl you make no sense pal

• 68 JackButler // Sep 2, 2014 at 12:32 AM

Aegon

the difference is that HBA captured the fans imagination and the fans saw Pardew destroy a player loved by the fans, with Mapou, he was fourth choice behind three very average center half’s who don’t deserve the right to wear our shirt, but HBA was a cult hero for the fans.

the backlash over this deal will have Pardew cowering in the dugout

• 69 tequilamag // Sep 2, 2014 at 12:32 AM

JB I think it is stretching the point to say Obertan is a Pardew favourite he only managed 36 minutes on the pitch last season and Jonas has been completely frozen out.

• 70 expatmag // Sep 2, 2014 at 12:32 AM

13 players out..

Can someone tell me how our squad is stronger when 3 games into the season, the following is evident:

We gave failed to score in 2 of the 3 games.

None of our forwards have scored a goal

We have failed to replace our top goalscorer

We have failed to replace our creative players

We gave weakened our defence

From our already thin squad, we have reduced the numbers further…..9 in 13 out

We have only spent what we got in. No expenditure from additional Sky money.

Conclusion

With current ownership and management, we will be fighting a relegation battle thus season.

• 71 toonincheek // Sep 2, 2014 at 12:34 AM

J-B @13

You don’t need a weather man to know which way the wind blows.

• 72 Pottz // Sep 2, 2014 at 12:34 AM

Expect even more passionate HBA chants at Southampton game, can’t wait for the HBA chants at the hull game

Make sure you have a comfy seat in the home dugout for the Hull game coz you ain’t coming outta that dugout.

HBA might have just done us a favour by going to Hull, this could be the final nail in the coffin for Alan Pardew.

My bet is he will be gone after we have played Liverpool in November and sitting in the bottom 3.

• 73 Novocastrian66 // Sep 2, 2014 at 12:35 AM

Perhaps Pardew will get another touch line ban so he won’t have to face the flak when we play Hull City. Don’t think he will have the bottle to confront Koeman though.

• 74 Ketsbaia9 // Sep 2, 2014 at 12:35 AM

I think Mike Ashley hates Newcastle and he just enjoys having a laugh with the fans. It gives him a kick. WE JUST NEED TO HOPE FOR A MANAGERIAL CHANGE AND A CHANCE IN OWNERSHIP NOW. This season is now a write off. All we had to do was keep Ben Arfa and Mbiwa and sign 3 players.

• 75 tequilamag // Sep 2, 2014 at 12:35 AM

Expat, I don`t think anyone is saying the squad is stronger.

• 76 Aegon // Sep 2, 2014 at 12:36 AM

@JackButler

I definitely don’t see the same HBA as everyone else then.

I felt for every decent run he made he made two or three sloppy passes. He was tackled more often than he beat his player and he had huge shortcoming on his crossing ability. He invariably left his fullback exposed and under pressure.

The only positive he had is that we love attacking players at Newcastle and that was how he played his game.

I just think he is more of a liability than anything.

• 77 pawl250 // Sep 2, 2014 at 12:36 AM

Jack

Jonas was on loan to Norwich, he has not played a game for yonks…. I think it’s more that the club cannot get rid opposed to Pardews favourite especially based on Jonas interview when he went to Norwich….

Obertan again hardly graced the shirt last year. But atleast he has worked his a## of in pre season which is why he has been rewarded with recent appearances, again not because of Pardew favourite….

Now if you had said he picks STaylor over Mbiwa you would have a point, but when Benny played more games than Obertan and Jonas (probably combined) how can you say he kept his favourites lol

Mate you clearly do not like Pardew, nor do I!!

I just don’t blame him for Ben Arfa. I blame Ben Arfa for Ben Arfa as his attitude stinks, and as stated not just as Newcastle…..

Wasted talent would be a good description. My opinion.

But people think because I do not think Ben Arfa is amazing I love Pardew when I have openly stated numerous times I would be happy to see him go…. Just some people can not read or choose what they want to read and twist it around their own agenda.

• 78 Spreadthetoon // Sep 2, 2014 at 12:37 AM

Man U
    Man citeh
    Arsenal
    Spurs
    Everton
    Chelsea
    Southampton
    Hull
    Liverpool
    Swansea
    Well here are 10 teams who have better squads than us. We will be fighting it out with the West Broms, Stokes, QPRs etc.
    We will not finish in the top ten. I blame Ashley & Pardew.

Pardew said any players out would not go unless replaced! The man is a liar and a disgrace to this football club. The sooner he is fired the better! I mean how many no. 10s do we have ????? Think about it?!!!! WTF

• 79 JackButler // Sep 2, 2014 at 12:38 AM

tequilamag

Obertan is still in every squad and always makes the bench, Jonas did as well before he joined Norwich as did a woeful Santon last season.

Mapou has left and we’ve kept Colo, Willo and Saylor, all of who are very average to poor players. HBA has gone and Obertan will still be in the squad for our next run of games……………………..and Pardew wonder’s why the fan turn on him.

Personally I think the lie’s and excuses won’t wash this time and Pardew and Ashley are facing a massive revolt from the fans

• 80 Mister Tuff // Sep 2, 2014 at 12:38 AM

tequila – you display an amazing lack of knowledge about the club and those associated with it. You accuse someone of a disgraceful smear -and brag that you consider the facts.
    Perhaps if you do not have knowledge you should refrain from dissing someone who has.
    now then I’m trying to think of that football manager, whats his name again, got silver hair, was shagging players wives at a previous club resulting in a training ground melee. Lost his job as a result. Same bloke was shagging hooers when his missus was dying. He got a super injunction so the tawdry tale would not hit the newstands.
    Just cannot recall his name at the moment.

• 81 JackButler // Sep 2, 2014 at 12:39 AM

pawl250

how the hell do you know that HBA’s attitude stinks?

Because Pardew said so, or because you read it on some blog or dodgy website?

• 82 Novocastrian66 // Sep 2, 2014 at 12:40 AM

Spreadthetoon; when you throw into the mix that we arguably have the worst manager in the league I think we’re a good bet to go down.

• 83 p // Sep 2, 2014 at 12:40 AM

Both players who left consistently played howlers last season, both were liabilities.

My only disappoinent is that no one came in.

But as I said yesterday, it’s the manager and coaching staff that are the problem.

• 84 expatmag // Sep 2, 2014 at 12:41 AM

TEQUILA

Pardew does.

• 85 Online Guy // Sep 2, 2014 at 12:41 AM

Shame to say this but I want uz to go on a bad run some easier games coming up, on paper, against average teams that will make or break Pardeo I hope it breaks him- and Him and his Cockney cronies Fcuk off.

wodering how many times this season we will concede four goals and over with our pathetic defence

Cannot believe we shipped out Mbiwa … with no cover lined up.

• 86 Dulcinera // Sep 2, 2014 at 12:42 AM

expatmag.

I have your answer….

The answer is you’re just another tosser who thinks we are entitled to top 4 champions league bcus we had a good season under Keegan in 1996 and a few good seasons under Bobby roboson 10 years ago. wake up

I would of liked a few CB’s today but how many world class CB’s have moved today around the world? very few….We are mid table at best and we are not a big pull anymore. Im dissapointed we havent signed any CB’s but ah well we will be fine, 3 games down and 2 pointss OH MY GOD, what a diaster, bunch of fools you are. Have patience.

Janmaat replaces debuchy
    Cabella, colback, sime de jong replace cabaye
    Perez, riviever, ferrerya – remy

id say weve been pretty good considering we have santon and cisse to come back, wise up you fool.

• 87 pawl250 // Sep 2, 2014 at 12:43 AM

Aegon

You see the same Ben Arfa as me mate….

He may do something brilliant once in every 3-4 matches and that is the problemz for every 3-4 games he plays only 1 game he looks a great player, and is a complete liability in the other 2-3 games…..

As stated if I had choice who to bring back Mbiwa would be my choice.

That is my opinion. Don’t really care if people agree or not, but I share it.

I read and respect other people’s opinions, or atleast most of the time, shame others cannot do the same simply because you have a different opinion than them.

• 88 Macas // Sep 2, 2014 at 12:43 AM

I see Southampton have signed Mane, saw him tear Ajax apart in the Europa league, fantastic player, would have been perfect for us

• 89 Dondatta13 // Sep 2, 2014 at 12:45 AM

HBA is in the final year of contract, he will be a free agent next year…

He will run his socks off and dazzle the PL as he puts himself in the shop window, ready for a bumper contract at a bigger club as per Cabaye after he was promised a move when Arsenal came calling.

I bet hes just itching to get on the feild,,,,

P.S Just seen HBS sign and shake on ssnews ffs

• 90 Online Guy // Sep 2, 2014 at 12:46 AM

Tequila

I meant cover Tim Krul ..na…thought id take it a step further than his fullback , center back sounds like Pardew’s a dick

• 91 pawl250 // Sep 2, 2014 at 12:46 AM

Jack

I know someone who trains with the first team….. Not a first team player so to speak.

He played with my work colleague, and he’s at Newcastle now. I have met him several times and he has confirmed to me Ben Arfa and his attitude problems.

Causing the divide in the dressing room last season, or atleast attempting to.

He has no time for young players and is always first out the door and last in the door for training…..

I have no reason to doubt him considering he knows the lad, or atleast more than journos who twist the media and whatnot….

• 92 Mister Tuff // Sep 2, 2014 at 12:46 AM

LR – good link – the storm is definitely brewing.

• 93 toonking // Sep 2, 2014 at 12:47 AM

spreadthetoon
    but when you taking into account the fact we have got one of the worst owners in football, all you will see come in is another d1ck head ie keane JFK di canio, what you will not see is a quality manager waste his life at a club who don’t have any ambition at all.

It is very sad for me to say this but i hope to god we are fcuken relegated into the championship this season and also hope we remain there until that b@stard gets lost.

Fans will never fully abandon the stadium so theres one lot of money still given.
    the only other big money he could loose is premier league TV money.

• 94 gazzaforever // Sep 2, 2014 at 12:47 AM

All the good players are leaving Newcastle thanks to Retardue, this is shthead is a disgrace. Good luck to Benny, he s joining a good club .

• 95 Pottz // Sep 2, 2014 at 12:48 AM

Pawl. I agree with you on HBA being a liability. Alan Pardew and Carr knew this before they bought him, so why did they buy him?

Piss poor planning and organisation which sums up Alan Pardew and his cronies.

Personally I think it’s classic that the fans have sided with HBA against Alan Pardew, that says it all about our manager for sure!!!

• 96 Thump // Sep 2, 2014 at 12:48 AM

Right, I’m off. Somebody wake me up when Pardew’s done one. I don’t think I want to be around when he finally manages to get the sack.

• 97 ToonTiger // Sep 2, 2014 at 12:49 AM

Im not a colo lover. I think he’s been guilty of ball watching and letting the opposition in. We were better with willo and mbiwa but puppet pardew dropped mym as soon as he’s (colo) fit. Poor end to promising window

• 98 Novocastrian66 // Sep 2, 2014 at 12:50 AM

I’ve never known Newcastle United fans wanting the club to lose in order to get rid of the manager. Never thought I would see the day.
    It’s a sad indictment of the state the club is in. It truly is a shame.

• 99 tequilamag // Sep 2, 2014 at 12:50 AM

Mister Tuff, It was clearly a joke which Online got and you failed miserably to appreciate. I never mentioned anything about Pardews alleged way with the ladies.

• 100 p // Sep 2, 2014 at 12:50 AM

Dulcinera the drama queens are out as normal making wild predictions that are not really calm assessments.

When things are not so good, they become the end if the world.

We will see but my guess is that we will muddle our way to mediocrity, that is pardew’s level with a decent (but not great squad) that we have.

Anything less and mash will get rid as he will not jeopardize his investment.

If there is no progress, he may come to the end of the road next summer.

It looks glum but not the disaster stuff people are going on about.

• 101 jimmysmith // Sep 2, 2014 at 12:51 AM

How can it really benefit Ashley to run us at mid table. How does having a run of the mill, underperforming club plying its trade in front of a global audience best serve a much bigger business in Sports Direct. If he owned SD outright, in the same way that he does us, then surely he’d put the necessary readies in so it would benefit significantly from the higher profile. It’s surely that he has only the controlling interest in SD that stops him from putting his own cash in. It’s the only thing I can think of, because we must be well within the FFP guidelines. I can’t see the business sense in not paying a few extra mill to get a decent centre back and striker in, players that could easily have gotten us into Europe or at the very least made us that much more eye catching to watch. Dummett will likely play his share of games at centre back this year, that’s piss poor, coming out of a long transfer window.

• 102 pawl250 // Sep 2, 2014 at 12:51 AM

Pottz

I honestly belive if you replace Pardew Ben Arfa would have the same issues with a different manager….

If I were MA I would have let Benny go and Pardew for that matter.

He should have went after the Hull incident last season…..

If not for that, his results…..

Cannot defend Pardew for those, but I do blame him for Ben Arfa being a complete Co##

• 103 Aegon // Sep 2, 2014 at 12:52 AM

@ToonTiger

“Poor end to promising window”

Couldn’t agree more, one or two more signings would have been fantastic.
    I can’t believe we didn’t try and get Alderweireld or Van Dike(Sp?) across the line. A clincial striker would have been icing on the cake but I just can’t see many on the market at the moment that wouldn’t cost an arm and a leg.

• 104 Spreadthetoon // Sep 2, 2014 at 12:52 AM

Novo
    It’s frightening times, hope the players gel for the sake of the club. I’m finished with Pardew tho, think most fans will follow in the next 7 games. Not a wish for us to perform badly, just feel we have a very unbalanced squad / team and are weaker than we were in January this year! Too many players fudged into the wrong position because we are not balanced. We have too many no. 10s.

We sign chicly but don’t play him, Rivière is strong and powerful but does not look like he has a finished product. Perez IMO is by far the best striker prospect and would link up well with Cisse. Still woefully weak at the back Which HAS STILL NOT BEEN ADDRESSED!

Fundamental questions unanswered – comedy really

• 105 pawl250 // Sep 2, 2014 at 12:52 AM

Don’t*

• 106 Dulcinera // Sep 2, 2014 at 12:55 AM

Somebody said ben arfa will dazzle the prem league and knock their socks off…..at Hull City are you serious?

Hull city have a worse team than us than last season, regardless of the, buying diame, ramierez, hernandez. Ben arfa played for us most of last season and we still had a shite season, almost relegated. Loaning ben arfa to hull will PROVE ben arfa didnt’ make a difference to us and hopefully will wake up afew deluded toon fans who think he was the be all and end all for our club

• 107 JackButler // Sep 2, 2014 at 12:55 AM

pawl250

So you are an ITK then?

Pardew has failed to manage the player, just like he’s done with dozens of player in the past, when a one dimensional manager come’s across a maverick he is lost as to what to do with him. The fact that HBA has gone and the like’s of a talentless Obertan is still in the squad should tell you everything you need to know about Pardew and how he views players.

How long before he ruin’s Cabella, Riviere, Aarons or De Jong as he’s done with HBA, Cisse, Mapou etc etc etc etc etc

• 108 Online Guy // Sep 2, 2014 at 12:55 AM

Ket’ s if it helps anyway I was praying Toby would come to Newcastle for last 2 years ..he’s Bloody Good ..we were not even in for him ..we had the chance and said no.

• 109 pawl250 // Sep 2, 2014 at 12:55 AM

We lack 2 cbs now, and a goalscorer…..

I don’t think we have a bad midfield, and depth in that area is still pretty strong.

Upfront I cannot see anyone getting 10 gaols or more, perhaps Cisse if we play to his strengths and he gets on form…

As for defence…. STaylor is awful, Williamson would make a decent back up and Colo is past it….

We have issues. Puts us firmly in the midtable/relegation battle so 10th to 18th bracket…..

• 110 expatmag // Sep 2, 2014 at 12:55 AM

DULCINERA

Facts are facts sonny.

I suppose you are happy with our current central defensive options, lack of goalscorers and the fact that we gave just conceded 3 goals at home against the mighty Crystal Palace in a game we were lucky to get anything from

I suppose you are also happy to have lost 39 out of 79 league games (almost 50%) over the past 2 and a bit seasons.

I suppose you are happy that we gave only won 5 out of the last 25 league games…..certain relegation form.

I suppose you are happy with the defensive tactics displayed by this manager.

I suppose you are also happy to watch the absolute shallackings we got last season which i am certain will happen again this season.

I can go on and on if you like.

You must be absolutely delighted with the quality and strength of the current squad.

And Cisse coming back in to save us?????????

Just like he gas done in the last 2 seasons?

Yeah, I am a right idiot.

• 111 jimmysmith // Sep 2, 2014 at 12:57 AM

Jesus, we might actually be better off if we were owned by the SD group of companies than Ashley himself. What a miserable thought.

• 112 tequilamag // Sep 2, 2014 at 12:59 AM

Mr Tuff FYI Pardews wife is neither dying nor dead but in very good health so I am not sure what gossip you have been listening to but it sounds dodgy to me

• 113 Online Guy // Sep 2, 2014 at 12:59 AM

The books are balanced same money that came in from player sales went out on incomings

BUT WHAT IS ASHLEY DOING WITH THE £98 MILLION TV MONEY ?

• 114 Novocastrian66 // Sep 2, 2014 at 1:00 AM

The center of defence has not been strengthened since promotion. That isn’t bad luck, it’s poor management. End of.

• 115 gonufc (Newcastle United Sports Direct Advertising Club) // Sep 2, 2014 at 1:05 AM

Well. On early looks.

Janmaat > Debuchy.
    De Jong > Cisse
    Colback <Cabaye (though he looks very good so far)
    Cabella < Ben Arfa (so far)
    ______ Shola (really exciting, should make Ashley a good profit….)
    Riviere < Ba
    Ferreyra ??? (another Luke De Jong…)

And from tomorrow
    Shefki Kuqi's back!

• 116 Dulcinera // Sep 2, 2014 at 1:14 AM

expatmag.

No. i am not happy with our current CB options. I believe loaning lascelles back to Nott forest was a bad idea. Im disspointed we havnt brought in any cbs. An area we are obviously weak in. But i reiterate how many world class CB’s have transferred this deadline day? not many! considering we are mid table club doesn’t help!

I am not happy losing 29 out of 79 league games at all, but im still happy with that considering we’ve managed to stay in premier league becus we were a chamiponship side since 2009 ( a true reflection of our current decline since rosbson was sacked) we’ve only been in premier league 5 years. We finished 5th 2 years ago. How may championship teams can claim that 3 years after gaining promotion they finished 5th?

• 117 Dulcinera // Sep 2, 2014 at 1:16 AM

expatmag.

We havn’t been shanked this season? i beleive we have controlled the games we have played we just havent jelled enough yet considering weve signed 7 new players, time will tell.

We ha some awesome results last year considerig we were a mid table team! away win to man u? tottenham? etc

• 118 ConorNUFC // Sep 2, 2014 at 1:24 AM

Sometimes i just think to myself,
    We must have some of the most NEGATIVE fans in england
    Seriously, Spent £39m on players, thats a massive improvement, it means ashley DOES want us to go somewhere.
    And to all of you thinking that “adel hernandez” is the gamechanger that is gonna turn everything around for hull, Have you even seen this lad play?? He’s F*n sh*te
    Now..
    Ben arfa, Do you remember when we got humped by sunderland? yeah we’ve been HUMPED by sunderland what, 3 times in a row now?
    Remember when ben arfa, tried to do “Fancy skills” on the CENTRE CIRCLE?
    Guess who nicked the ball from him? Jack colback
    Who is in our squad now? JACK COLBACK.

Sure i adored ben arfa when he was at his best.
    But can we really afford to waste PRECIOUS GAMES in order to test out formations/tactics that benefit ben arfa? NO.
    Are hull city?
    Yes. Because they’re.. sh*t
    Gaston ramirez.. hmm where has he been sitting the past 2 seasons?
    BENCH
    BENCH BENCH BENCH BENCH BENCH ARFA
    Where has adel hernandez been? Playing for PALERMO in a p*ss poor palermo side in the italian SECOND DIVISION
    14 goals in 30 games, IN THE ITALIAN, i stress SECOND DIVISON, where have i heard 14 goals in the SECOND DIVISION from again?
    Oh right.
    AYOZE PEREZ.
    AYOZE PEREZ IS BETTER THAN ADEL HERNANDEZ. Just putting it out there

• 119 gavg60 // Sep 2, 2014 at 2:07 AM

Ben arfa was one of the most giffed players NUFC has had in along time. In the 2012 season being played in a 4-3-3 formation he was lethal and most FB struggled to handle him giving us a top 5 finish. it wasnt untill Pardrew changed his formation in 2013 that we started to crumble as usal. Pardrew has no tecnical ability as a manger r any man mangement skills and im sure Benny will be back to his best with a few 90min under his belt

previous post: Southampton Complete Signing Of Toby Alderweireld