Final Transfer Details For Newcastle United

We were all hoping that Newcastle could get a striker in and a center-back in yesterday, but it didn’t happen and it’s brought the transfer window to a close with a lot of other Premier League clubs doing a number of last minute deals in the transfer market – which has now closed.

mapou yanga-mbiwa

Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa being welcomed at Roma

Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa went out on a season long loan deal to Roma but no replacement was brought in, so we are left with only three experienced center-backs for the season – which is now a definite weakness in the side.

hatem ben arfa hull

Ben Arfa – now a at Hull City on loan

And Hull City finally got Ben Arfa on loan about 105 minutes after the transfer window closed, but they had earlier got an extension from the FA to complete the deal, and negotiations didn’t start until over  two hours before the end of the window.

We weakened our squad yesterday, while most other Premier League clubs strengthened theirs..

Here are the incoming transfers this summer.

PlayerFeeClub
Ayoze Perez£1.4MTenerife
Jack ColbackFreeSunderland
Siem de Jong£6MAjax
Remy Cabella£8MMontpellier
Emmanuel Riviere£6MMonaco
Daryl Janmaat£5MFeyenoord
Facundo Ferreyra£1.6M - Season LoanShakhtar Donetsk
Jamaal Lascelles£4MNottingham Forest
Karl Darlow£3MNottingham Forest

And here are the outgoing transfers.

PlayerFeeClub
Conor NewtonFreeRotherham
James Tavernier£400KWigan
Mathieu Debuchy£12MArsenal
Sylvain MarveauxSeason LoanGuingamp (France)
Shola AmeobiFreeGaziantep (Turkey)
Michael RichardsonFree
Adam CampbellOne Month LoanFleetwood Town
Jamaal LascellesSeason LoanNottingham Forest
Karl DarlowSeason LoanNottingham Forest
Mapou Yanga-MbiwaSeason Loan £600KRoma
Hatem Ben ArfaSeason LoanHull City

I feel very disappointed we couldn’t get some good players through the door today, and not happy at all the way Ben Arfa was railroaded out of the club.

What do you think?

• JackButler

Sep 2, 2014 at 1:13 AM

Nine players in, thirteen players out tens of millions unaccounted for and Pardew will have us believe we should be happy for a great window

• pawl250

Sep 2, 2014 at 1:16 AM

Mbiwa…. Good enough for Roma

Not for Newcastle or even as a sub at Newcastle, baring in mind our defenders aswell….

Someone needs sacked alone for that…..

I can only assume Mbiwa being the highest paid player they wanted him off the books.

• JackButler

Sep 2, 2014 at 1:17 AM

pawl250

Mapou wasn’t the highest paid at the club, he simply has the biggest resale value

• WestOzMag

Sep 2, 2014 at 1:23 AM

I hate this club. Gone are the days when everything was positive now it’s doom and gloom. Sick to death of Ashley and his fat smug face. Sick of the dry lipped disgrace of a manager who just lies out of his teeth. Sick of the 2 muppets in carver and Stone sitting there clueless. We are a cursed club with all these idiots in charge. Nothing will change. I have no interest anymore until we are sold and we are rid of the cancer that is killing this club. Good luck to all of you who can put up with the regeim. Im not saying your mugs, you just have better patience with me. Bye NUFC you were once a great club, you still have the best fans in the world but I will end my support now with these disgraceful,disrespectful ppl in charge

• Oldgit1

Sep 2, 2014 at 1:24 AM

Today’s activity or lack of, has justified me not renewing my season ticket. Finished with this so called club with the owner and manager taking the piss out of all the loyal supporters. I’m now going to watch and support Gateshead, I hope other supporters do the same.
    Have fun all you diehards but I’m now too old and time is not on my side awaiting for newcastle to win something. The fairs cup is a distant memory. Can’t be arsed with the dribble fed to us by Ashley and his puppet Pardew. A sad day when Everyman and his dog knows we need a cb and a cf except the people that matter. The fools.

• Hector Riva

Sep 2, 2014 at 1:26 AM

Ed, railroaded is a very good description, i always thought Pardew made a scapegoat of the lad, such a shame he has gone, an argument with Pardew means that because he cannot handle the lad we all suffer for it, his goal v Bolton was the best goal i have ever seen at SJP imo, a real top drawer player who was dissolved by our very average manager.

• geordie157

Sep 2, 2014 at 1:29 AM

real shame and disappointing end to the window.

a commanding centre back coming in would have made a big difference to our chances this season. and its not like there weren’t good ones available either.

• toonking

Sep 2, 2014 at 1:31 AM

the LAST TIME newcastle united had brought a major incoming dealing in the final hours of any window was the ARRIVAL of MICHEL OWEN !

oldgit1
    your doing what is right mate i might have supported NUFC all my life but they just a club with fcuken greedy owners now, why should i fcuken spend money each week when i know we will never be aiming to build the team.

so all i can say myself is FCUK NEWCASTLE FCUK ASHLEY.
    HOW WAY SPENNYMOOR

• gonufc (Newcastle United Sports Direct Advertising Club)

Sep 2, 2014 at 1:33 AM

Like every moment of Ashley’s reign- a wasted chance to be something.

• scottoon

Sep 2, 2014 at 1:42 AM

Shocking abject mismanagement of a wonderful institution. I can’t take it any more. These arseholes have to go.

• AmericanMagpie

Sep 2, 2014 at 1:45 AM

Not only did we not bring in a CB, but we loaned one out? HA! What a joke.

• ToonHeart

Sep 2, 2014 at 1:47 AM

I don’t support NUFC anymore.. I just watch them. I love everything about the club, but now I’ve had enoughof years of let downs. just when we are looking good, ashley and co feck it all up. back to square one everytime! sick of NUFC politics. I’d rather just watch football for all the teams than follow NUFC anymore. thank you for the good memories all on this blog. years of support from all of you good and horrible fans. I love you all because you stood by a team that’s failing. bless you all 😀 bye NUFC 🙁

• TacoFlavoredKisses ForMyBen-arfa

Sep 2, 2014 at 1:48 AM

its shocking how clueless most of you supporters are. The bottom line is we needed to improve our back line w/ a new CB. By loaning out MYM its clear Ashley and Pardouchebag are practicing “addition by subtraction”. Less is more!!!!! This is the type of move that will transform saylor, wilo and colo into lahm, ramos & Silva. A true masterstroke by the boys in charge.

• Mister Tuff

Sep 2, 2014 at 1:51 AM

tequila -slight error in my previous post – substitute threatening to commit suicide and stress in place of dying. Research the subjects yourself you are clearly not up to date on the true backgrounds of that manager I was trying to think about. Shameless is a good word for his exploits.

• Sav

Sep 2, 2014 at 1:57 AM

1 million loan fee with potential 5.5 mil fee for MYM is good business if we can recoup the money on a lad who couldn’t deliver. Got to be sorry to see HBA leave such was his value as an entertainer. But if Hull were the only side in for him, no disrespect, but that tells you everything.
    The best news of this window is we still have Cheick Tiote who should be fit for Southampton. He should be captain of the side. He will come in at Gouffran’s expense and we will be a whole lot better for his presence in the side.

• Oldgit1

Sep 2, 2014 at 1:58 AM

@ toonking Yep I have spent a fortune supporting this club but I feel the time is right to part company. I hate the way the best supporters in the world are being treated. I won’t however deter other supporters or try and get them to change their minds, I felt I had to make a decision from the head not from the heart. Hate MA and AP with a passion.

• The next Mike Williamson

Sep 2, 2014 at 2:03 AM

The two players that fans often complain about not being selected have been farmed out. I’m guessing we’ll see Haidara loaned out too. Now we’ll have to agree (more or less) with Pardew’s team selections.

• WestOzMag

Sep 2, 2014 at 2:09 AM

Taco your off your head if you genuinely believe what you are spouting. If your not taking the piss then your as clueless as the mugs in charge

• toonicle

Sep 2, 2014 at 2:09 AM

Only positive I see (I say this cynically) is that we freed up 2 big wages and will hopefully use that in January for the CB we will clearly need after 4 months of leaking goals.

• expatmag

Sep 2, 2014 at 2:15 AM

SAV

It might have been decent business if we brought in a good replacement but we didnt therefore it isnt.

• WestOzMag

Sep 2, 2014 at 2:16 AM

@Oldgit1. I here ya mate. Agree with you 100%. Spent a fortune, followed them through and through but its just gone way to far now. Enough is enough and will no longer be bothered watching or taking any interest in the team/results etc.. however long it takes. When this lot is out of the club once and for all then I will resume following again.

• expatmag

Sep 2, 2014 at 2:20 AM

Ashley will be very happy. High earners like Cabaye Debuchy Marveaux HBA and MYM gone replaced with low earners like Janmaat Perez Colback Riviere and Ferrerya plus a catalogue of kids coming through to lower the salary budget.

With a like for like transfer income/outlay, Ashley will be rubbing his hands with glee at his bank balance as we hurtle towards the championship.

• Blofal

Sep 2, 2014 at 2:27 AM

The squad has not been improved. Just changed a bit.

Defenders:

GK – Krul, Elliot
    CB – Colo, Willo, Saylor,
    LB – Santon, Haidara, Dummett
    RB – Janmaat, Raylor,

Mids: I can’t position them because who knows where anyone plays at NUFC?…

Sissoko, Anita, Tiote, Colback, Obertan, Cabella, Abeid, DeJong, Gouffran

Forwards:

Cisse, Ferreyra, Perez, Riviere, Aarons, Armstrong

There are some blurring of the lines between mids and fwds i know but the point of this list is these are the players we will likely see playing this season. And that is not a top 8 list of players. No way. I hope I’m wrong but you know I’m not.

• Toon73

Sep 2, 2014 at 2:34 AM

I will always support the players, can’t attend games as I live in Sydney, so watching the games during the middle of the night won’t change.

Pardew is a lying scumbag and Ashley is tighter than a frogs arsehole. Nothing will get better while these idiots are in charge.

I simply cannot believe we let MYM and Ben Arfa leave in the final hour before the deadline. A treacherous and heinous crime greenlit by our ego driven pondscum manager.

• WestOzMag

Sep 2, 2014 at 2:35 AM

@expatmag Well if Ashley thinks he is doing a good job by doing that then he is wrong. obviously he has been given the bullshit talk by Pardew saying what he can achieve this season with what he has got so to beleive him he is more gullable then ever. All managers and Owners know that in the EPL you need a large squad with quality to compete in this league or you will be drawn into a fight for survival. Just wait until we get a cpl of injuries in the defence and we need to rely on the young kids. HAHAHA Jokefest!!! As a man with a supposed business attitude, isnt there more at stake to be relegated in terms of income/revenue. Obviously Pardew is a good liar and only tells what his fat boyfriend wants to hear. Cockney con artist!!

• Toon73

Sep 2, 2014 at 2:36 AM

On a brighter note, can someone give me the latest injury update on Ryan Taylor. Is he back in training?

• WestOzMag

Sep 2, 2014 at 2:39 AM

@blofal Can a better manager get that team you listed up and running? Yep I reckon so. Can Pardew, No! already proven last season and it is worse off now after yesterdays farce. Grim times ahead.

• ilovetoon8788

Sep 2, 2014 at 2:45 AM

We are so short in numbers at the back we need raylor back asap. Well done to the management.

• ilovetoon8788

Sep 2, 2014 at 2:46 AM

Can definitely see us flirting with relegation all season long

• willowdalerez

Sep 2, 2014 at 3:04 AM

In a post a few days back I noted HBA was being wasted because Pards couldn’t bring through talent with big attitude. Well that threat is gone now we are free of Cabaye and HBA. Let us hope Cabella and Colback have no self esteem and don’t have to be frozen out for creating chances outside Pards rigid strategy to score off the long ball and only when we’re on the backfoot or already behind.

This tfr window had real promise after Charnley made some bright moves early wonder if some planned deals fell apart or if Ashley truly is happy with mediocrity.

Despite all the doom and gloom I don’t see a relegation battle this season and if it comes to that am convinced Ashley will open his pocket in January to protect his investment.

Very disappointed though because we are not the potential top 8 squad we could have been with a proven scorer and solid CB.

• Pottz

Sep 2, 2014 at 3:29 AM

Santon and Dummett can play as CB’s as well.

I guess that’s our shocking cover for our already woeful CB’s.

At least the interest will be kept going all season hovering around the bottom 3 all season

• poon army

Sep 2, 2014 at 3:47 AM

@toonicle post 18

How many times have we heard that exact statement in the last few windows?!? Its clear at this point we never clear out wages to sign new players, we clear out wages to improve the clubs bottom line

• custurd

Sep 2, 2014 at 3:53 AM

Our defence has been abysmal this season, second only to our lack of threat in the final third. We desperately needed a classy center back and someone to link midfield and attack. Oh wait… we had them at the club already, but Pardew’s ego saw them shipped out on loan with no replacements brought in. Another stroke of genius from the braindead powers that be.

• expatmag

Sep 2, 2014 at 4:29 AM

BLOFAL

Missing from your list is Ferguson Guttierez Bigiramma Sammy Ameobi and Good.

In my opinion, Ashley has instructed Pardew that he can only spend what we get in in transfer money hence the 9 players we bought cost roughly the same amount as the sales of Cabaye Debuchy Tavernier and salary savings and loan fees for Marveaux HBA and MYM. Factor in the estimated 2.5 million from the Forster sell on and you will probably find the additional Sky money has not been touched.

I also think Ashley has instructed Pardew that he wants a return from the money invested in the Academy which is why I expect the senior team will see plenty of Aarons Armstrong Satka Good Abeid and possibky Campbell and Streete this season.

Pardew seems to be pinning his hopes on a lack of defensive injuries and suspensions ad well as a return to goalscoring form of Cisse.

I am not too hopeful as I believe Pardew is tactically niave and lacks courage in trying to take a game by the scruff of the neck and dominate, no matter who the opposition is.

Maybe I am a dinosaur in my thinking but my belief is if a kid is good enough, get him in there. They have no fear at a young age and are more able to carry out instructions. I remember the days at Newcastle watching young players like Kennedy Nattrass Waddle and Gazza coming in and setting the team alight. Other young lads like Peter Barnes Owen Kevin Beattie at Ipswich and more recently Rooney at Everton were inspirations.

We have young Aarons with lightening pace, can take a full back on either side, 2 good feet. Give him a decent run. Also look at young Armstrong. A natural finisher. Pardew believes Satka is a young Colo. Get him in there for tge cup game initially and lets see what he can do.

Look at young Aarons on saturday. He almost won the game for us single handed and he was only on the park 20 minutes.

• belgrade fan

Sep 2, 2014 at 4:33 AM

I m officially done with this club, I hopewe get relegated and lose eery single game. bye bye

• davis_toons

Sep 2, 2014 at 4:39 AM

Ashley loves to employs shitty manager and Pardew was one that could not just let us alone.

Ashley should really really get Pardew off the payroll and hire other managers that is available that is mention.

Pardew is a Shitty Manager. Worst of the lots.

Just think about it makes you SICK.

• p

Sep 2, 2014 at 4:42 AM

I have a feeling they think satka can cover in defense

I don’t see al l the fuss myself both mym and hba were crap when they had the chance last year. You can make excuses but the Italian league is easier to defend in and hull is not exactly a step up.

The anger is misplaced actually, it’s not how much you spend – Aaron’s is a case in point – it’s getting the best out of the players you have and we are not seeing anything like that.

Pardew is the problem, perhaps we should give him a few more games with this squad to be fair but, I don’t think things will change.

• WestOzMag

Sep 2, 2014 at 4:43 AM

@Belgrade fan HAHAHA i hear ya.!! maybe we both may get our sanity back

• davis_toons

Sep 2, 2014 at 4:45 AM

Bro expatmag // Sep 2, 2014 at 4:29 AM

You are not a dino. Pardew is and will never try new stuff. He is a shitty manager.

He is NOT and UPGRADE.

Money should be kept for Chirs Hughton spending.
    Pardew OUT…

• p

Sep 2, 2014 at 4:46 AM

And by the way, not a good idea signing players on deadline day anyway.

So it may seem like you were the kid who got nowt for Xmas but ya cheap daddy waits for the sales to get the bargain.