Newcastle Still Hope To Move These Players On Loan

The Football League loan window opens next week,  and Newcastle will be hoping to set up loans for even more of their fringe players, after we saw Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa and ben Arfa leave the club on loan last Monday.

jonas gutierrez cardiff

Jonas Gutierrez – could go out on loan

The most experienced player who is still not part of Alan Pardew’s first team squad is Argentine International Jonas Gutierrez, and he would be an excellent acquisition for a Championship club pushing for promotion this season.

Jonas also happens to be on big wages at Newcastle, which is even more reason Newcastle will want to get him out on loan and off the wage bill.

It’s nothing personal with Jonas, as it was with Ben Arfa and Alan Pardew has relegated him to the Reserve team squad because his contract contains a clause which says he must be given a new deal if he plays maybe six more games for the club – and Newcastle don’t want to do that for a 31 year-old.

Why Newcastle allowed that to be put in his contract is the first place is a good question.

Other players who Newcastle will be hoping to move out during the upcoming Football League window are Shane Ferguson, Sammy Ameobi and Haris Vuckic – who have not made it at Newcastle.

And then Newcastle will probably want to get loan spells for young players like Adam Campbell, who is currently on a short-term loan at Fleetwood Town.

Adam Armstrong is also a possible loan candidate – if Pardew thinks he will not be involved with the first team through the end of this year, and that’s also true for promising center-back Lubo Satka.

Remie Streete could also be loaned out, and we wonder what the status of Curtis Good is these days – he’s had a hip injury since making his International debut for Australia back on March 5th, and he could even do a job for Newcastle this season?

What do you think?

Note: George Scratcherd is a long time reader of the blog and he’s running both the Great North Run this weekend and the Oxford Half Marathon on 12th October – in support of Cancer Research UK. Please see if you can support George on his JustGiving page.

You can follow us on our three social media sites below:

• John Tudor

Sep 4, 2014 at 9:28 AM

we have been led into deep sh1t by this lot

• Markaccus

Sep 4, 2014 at 9:30 AM

Hang on. Including sammy, jonas et.c, we have 26 senior players. If we loan all of them out we will be short of the 25 senior players allowed.

• catchy in norway

Sep 4, 2014 at 9:32 AM

well I don’t care what anyone thinks of me

IF it means P45 is gone after the next 3 game if results don’t go his way, im preying we lose then all 5-0
    Amen

• BuckLuck

Sep 4, 2014 at 9:37 AM

Catchy

IF it was guaranteed I could sacrifice those matches too.

• catchy in norway

Sep 4, 2014 at 9:39 AM

buck luck

its gona get ugly first 🙁

I think pardew has done this on purpose, I think he got rid of HBA as he knows his time is up,

which I know seems very strange, but I think he has been giving MA lots of bad reports on those 2 players, unfair reports IMO

• beermonkey

Sep 4, 2014 at 9:43 AM

surprised we have not been able to loan a couple of players back to Rotherham

there are quite a few that need to go back out onloan
    I can see abied who has shown a vast improvement rotting on the bench when a loan would be more beneficial to the club

ok we need shot of Jonas due to wages but could he not rot some more on the bench allowing abied to go out and return prob ready for first team

no1 is more important than the club unless its pards and his ego

• stuart no9

Sep 4, 2014 at 9:46 AM

ED. A win at Southampton would not be great. It will only delay the inevitable , what is the point of that . People moan on here every day about pardew , me included , so why , if he is going to go , prolong it and keep us miserable for another few weeks till something else crops up . You say you had to deal with people in the organisation where you worked , would you keep someone on that caused the company harm , that you know was only a whisker away from getting sacked anyway ? why prolong it ? Get rid now even if it means defeat at st Mary’s and put us out our bloody misery

• Markaccus

Sep 4, 2014 at 9:46 AM

Beermonkey

If that story about Abied and MYM chanting Pardew out is true, then i can’t see Abied getting another game while he is still here.

• Markaccus

Sep 4, 2014 at 9:47 AM

When do the 25 man squads have to be finalised?

• beermonkey

Sep 4, 2014 at 9:50 AM

markaccus

lol whats that I never heard that

• Markaccus

Sep 4, 2014 at 9:53 AM

Jonas is over 6 feet tall. He is tough. A good tackler. Hard to disposses. A strong runner and a decent passer as long as he doesnt have to cross it or play a through ball. Re integrate him in the team, play him at CB! 😀

Joking, but i have seen stranger things.

• martoon

Sep 4, 2014 at 9:54 AM

Catchy & BuckLuck – I understand why you are saying it but I personally could never wish for them to lose – especially at home games when I’m watching them!

• Markaccus

Sep 4, 2014 at 9:55 AM

Beermonkey

A couple of people posted it on here yesterday or the day before. Just a rumour…”my mate was out and he saw….et.c” kind of thing. But i think 2 different people had heard it independantly, so there could be some truth in it.

• BuckLuck

Sep 4, 2014 at 9:57 AM

Catchy

There’s a lot happening behind the scenes we don’t hear about or at least can’t confirm. We know some players have challenged Pardew, deservedly so, but we don’t know what Pardew has done about it. Personally I think he has treated them different based on how important they are for him(not a good solution!). Ben Arfa was an easy target. Everybody can see ha doesn’t work as hard as others and it’s easy for Pardew to plant that seed that will make some players annoyed with him.

What I can’t seem to get is what Ben Arfa has done, besides being too talented and advanced for Pardew to use, to deserve the totally cold shoulder. Was it worse than the “headbutt” on Meyler? If not Pardew isn’t really in any position to blacklist him like he did. Or is he just a loner with asosial behavior but exeptional talent that Pardew was unable to get the best out of?

We owe Pardew nothing! Well, we owe him abuse 🙂

• Markaccus

Sep 4, 2014 at 9:59 AM

Was reading up on jonas’ career… he has scored 11 goals only. However, most of them have been brilliant ones. He used to be able to beat players with ease. He dribbled past 5 for one of the goals. He has scored a few 30 yard belters too. I think under keegan, used as an attacking player, things would have looked so different for him. Messi said he was one of the best in the prem in 2010 ffs! I have to admit he MUST have been deminnished by the way he was played.

• catchy in norway

Sep 4, 2014 at 10:02 AM

martoon

as stuart09 says, why prolong it, a couple of scrappy wins would only put off his execution,

I think he will only have a few of the players on his side anyway, I have never seen any fight in our team for a long time,
    I have seen relief when we score, but that’s normally a wonder goal that gets us the win or a point,

• BuckLuck

Sep 4, 2014 at 10:03 AM

martoon

I understand you want to be entertained and want value for your hard earned cash. I’m also looking for that, and that’s why I’m willing to sacrifice those matches.

• catchy in norway

Sep 4, 2014 at 10:10 AM

BuckLuck

I see the HBA thing a little different, I seen him trying to win games, with very little help, we normall have about 9 players defending, why do we need one more,

I don’t see pardew having a go at mike Williamson for missing 99,9999999 % of all of his chances from free kicks and corners that are all aimed to him, where is the criticism for the defenders helping out the forwards with goals, we get 1 or 2 a season from the defence, I bet we are the worst in that department,

HBA saved pardew bacon so many times, and this is how he is repaid

but like I have always said, pardew deflect the blame for everything, HBA is gone, MYM is gone, who does he have left to blame, it seems he only has his inner circle of purples , he will turn on them soon enough

• beermonkey

Sep 4, 2014 at 10:12 AM

markaccus

looked up Jonas when we bought him he looked to be a grat signing don’t think we got the best out of him but then his versatility hasn’t helped even maradonna said he was to good to leave out the argie team and played him at right back

find it hard to believe players would do it there not that dumb but if there is any element of truth in it there will be a lot of others in the camp with those feelings

maybe that’s why colo is undroppable and he has ashleys ear

• stuart no9

Sep 4, 2014 at 10:13 AM

An article in talk of the Tyne —————–Looking at our immediate fixtures and factoring in the way we’re playing we might be lucky to go into the first derby with over 10 points! It’s laughable but completely warranted due to the lunacy/greed/arrogance and sheer disdain for customers/supporters that the powers that be show. We reap what we sow.

I hope it comes f****** tumbling down around Pardew’s and Ashley’s ears! I simply don’t care any more and that’s the bottom line. I will always be a Newcastle supporter but I will always see the bigger picture first, it is clear that this incarnation of NUFC is a rotten husk that needs to be culled so that what was once good can grow again.

I honestly don’t care if we get trounced every week, f**k me I’ll even continue to hoy a bet on losing 3-0/3-1 every game to make a bit of coin out of the sorry affair. It simply doesn’t hurt when we lose any more, nor do I feel anything when we score. If anything each goal we score, even as few and far between as they are, feels like a negative!

I’m simply numb! The only thing I really feel is a frustration that there has been no fight against repeated slaps to the face. The next time someone tells me that Geordie’s are a proud people I’ll laugh at them in the face. There is no pride or passion in this city anymore only a delusional, comical conforming to stereotypical facsimile of what once was. It’s a sham club with sham supporters.

I hate Mike Ashley. I hate Alan Pardew. I hate every single incompetent member of the NUFC coaching setup. I hate Graham Carr for being complicit in the Fordist model of running a football club as a production line. I hate Wonga. I hate the Sh*te Direct signs that are plastered all over the ground. I hate Puma. I even hate the italicised Newcastle United lettering that replaced the old writing adorning the stand. I hate all of the other cheap branding for other crap, affiliated companies emblazoned on the hoardings.

Above all of this though I hate any idiot that has bought a Wonga shirt and happily trots about as if it is some sort of reason to be proud. In reality it is an emblem of your idiocy, an indicator that you are a sheep. You can’t think for yourself or achieve abstract thought. In essence you are the reason this club is fucked.

People may have their reasons for still attending and I am not here to pick fault with their reasons etc. I believe in free will and it’s past the point of standing up however anyone who was present last season and sat and undermined the walk out, you are a band apart. Complicit with the Wonga wankers mentioned above. When the time came to stand up you didn’t.

I hate NUFC.com for their supposed ‘neutrality’. I hate the Chronicle for towing the line as if the ‘sensational’ headlines the club supplies them with punts any more of the shambolic tabloid than if they fought the good fight. I hate each and every ‘journalist’ that doesn’t push Pardew on his utter verbal diarrhoea. I hate players such as Eliot and Steven ‘the Geordie’ Taylor who know they are simply not good enough to be at this club so rim a manager that they know likewise shouldn’t be at the club in order to suck the lifeblood and cling on like the parasitic organisms they are.

Hopefully enough pride and passion does still exist and reside in enough of us to actually present a united front. I know I love where I come from and being a Geordie. I am proud of what this city was, I am proud of what this football club was. I am proud of what this city is but I can’t say the same for the ‘Geordies’ that now reside here nor can I say the same for the entity that ‘lives’ in NUFC’s place.

I know I love my Newcastle United and what it means to me. I know, when people I encounter ridicule NUFC or the results that are inflicted and endured, I take solace in the fact that they aren’t talking about my NUFC but Mike Ashey’s.

My NUFC may not exist any more and I hate that but it will always be a pyrrhic victory for Mr. Ashley if his NUFC goes up in flames and he loses everything.

Read more: http://www.newcastle.vitalfootball.co.uk/sitepage.asp?a=369416#ixzz3CKvWHgNY

• Phatoon

Sep 4, 2014 at 10:17 AM

So,

The Mirror have “revealed our 25 man squad”

Jonas is in there

• Ibizatoon

Sep 4, 2014 at 10:18 AM

Catchy…I think you underestimate how lazy Siem and Cabella are 🙂

I love this thread. Newcastle still hope to spend even less money this season. Constantly striving to cut costs.

I’m dead excited, going to go play in the garden with my calculator.

• BuckLuck

Sep 4, 2014 at 10:20 AM

catchy

I kind of see it your way as well. Ben Arfa shouldn’t be one of the defenders, but as many has seen over a couple of seasons now… Pardew is not able to balance a team. He blamed Ben Arfa, lack of pace, lack of creativity… you name it. Everyone and everything but him self. Spineless human being.

• bringbackemre

Sep 4, 2014 at 10:21 AM

he was never used right but still had some great games and moments, thers no doubt that pardew really hindered him , he started the season we finished 5th really well but he slowly became more and more defensive and he eventually became a shell of himself

• catchy in norway

Sep 4, 2014 at 10:22 AM

IBIZAAAA

not sure I follow you

I have said on here that I think cabella is a down grade on HBA, but I don’t think he is a bad player,

SDJ, not sure of his role, neither is he,

in fact not many no their roles at the club,

I winder how many of them are instructed to the GNR this sunday,

• tequilamag

Sep 4, 2014 at 10:24 AM

No Ferguson in the squad although he is 22 now. Surprised Jonas made the cut when they clearly have no intention of playing him

• geordie157

Sep 4, 2014 at 10:25 AM

Good, streete or satka need to be given a chance. I’d rather see any of those three on the bench instead of Taylor.

Sammy appears to have slipped down the pecking order, bit like bigi last year. Is it the players or the coaching, or a bit of both. Fergs should go to Swindon, play great passing football and it would help him develop, although I doubt we’ll see him in a Newcastle shirt again.

Vuckic possibly the same, maybe best suited to someone like hearts or st mirren.

• Ibizatoon

Sep 4, 2014 at 10:28 AM

Catchy…It was just a little joke. Basically, just because Benny is finally gone, doesn’t mean one of the new players can’t reprise his role as the lazy scapegoat.

Pardew will still keep you busy. Fear not.

On Jonas, can anyone remind me when it was that we started to see the real decline? Was it after Enrique was sold and we suddenly had a RB in Raylor at LB or was it more when we got in a young and untested LB (or RB depending on your viewpoint) in Santon?

Or did it start before then? Honestly can’t remember.

Tequila…..”the mirror”

• Toon Tang

Sep 4, 2014 at 10:31 AM

We’ll be looking like blackpool by the time all this cutting and splicing of squad has finished..

• tequilamag

Sep 4, 2014 at 10:33 AM

Good morning Ibiza , “the mirror” ?
    Jonas an Enrique were an excellent combination, every LB he has had to pair with since then has been awful at defending which gave Jonas too much to do. Always thought Jonas would have been better playing as a defender rtaher than a winger with too much babysitting to do. Feel bad for him as he always gave 100 % and it is a pretty shabby way to reward that hard work and loyalty.

• catchy in norway

Sep 4, 2014 at 10:35 AM

ibaza

thanks 😉

I seen the decline when he started with santon, im not sure how he was with Raylor, I still see them both attacking, but for sure for me, it was santon,
    santon used to run up and down doing both LB and LW, and Jonas used to tuck inside as a 3rd DMC, and this was the season we finished 5th

• catchy in norway

Sep 4, 2014 at 10:39 AM

Ibizatoon – Back by popular demand // Nov 12, 2012 at 9:05 AM

So guys, what’s the recommended bet….Pardew to be fired or us to get relegated this season? Or should I go for both?

Cathy is fair enough with his criticism, as he has disliked Pardew since day one and hasn’t altered his criticism…I may not agree with him, but he is consistent!

We all knew this season would be more challenging than the last. Like it or not, Pardew isn’t an experience European manager and this was always going to be a test run. Ashley knows what he has invested and what he wants back this season and for the upcoming seasons, he is a calculating man.

So far, I am happy with the Europa campaign. I recognise we haven’t had a tough group and the intensity will likely increase as and when of if we qualify (although it is looking good). So far this season we have had so many disruptions to the playing team and have been missing some key players, through no fault of Pardews (Please don’t say it’s down to him no new players came in, it’s clear he wants new players, are we suggesting he walks or gets on with the job?).

There may be better managers out there, in fact, I’m willing to bet there are, however, I can not think of one that is established / proven that would be willing to take over, so why keep going on and on? Now is the time to support our manager and team, not create a bigger feel of negativity in an area that I honestly don’t feel we can better at the minute.

Constructive criticism is one thing, I’m not sure how discussing the merits or essential need to fire Pardew is helping anything at all, even our own understandings of what’s going on. No one is being educated by this, just stirring mass panic. Might be wrong, but it strikes resemblances to our past days when unreasonable expectations lost a very decent manager and made our club a daily circus for the public.

Once again, not saying we should kid ourselves and have censorship on a blog to discuss all things Newcastle, but keep within the realms of reality, even if you think Ashley may fire Pardew, who the hell are we going to get that would be an improvement.

I felt we needed to stick with him and give him a real chance, that time hasn’t lapsed yet and I’m willing to sacrifice a season at least to see what he can do. Are we really going to be the fans that have a slow / bad start (if that’s what you want to call it) and start calling for the managers head?

• Ibizatoon

Sep 4, 2014 at 10:39 AM

Tequila…Good morning. The 25 man squad has been revealed by “the mirror” – as in, should we really give it too much head space?!? What do they know about our squad? Although, it can’t be a million miles out, do we have many more than 25 players?

On Jonas, that’s how I remember it, he had to defend a bit more due to the changes at LB and it just seemed to snowball a bit from there. Not saying Pardew doesn’t like a defensive winger of course, but on this occasion, I think the LB needed assistance.

As for Jonas at LB – I was never keen on that. Whilst a “good” defensive player, a bit too last ditch to be the actual back line for my linking. But then again, maybe the same can be said for most, if not all, of our defense.

I agree that he always gave 100% though. Love him or hate him, he’s been a loyal servant to the club and this is not a fitting end to his time with us – although it’s extremely fitting with Ashleys model to run a football club.

• MrMojoRisin76

Sep 4, 2014 at 10:40 AM

I remember Jonas’s debut away at Old Trafford,he was up and down the wing all game,almost scored i think.MOM for me,and away at Stoke when we won 3-1 he was outstanding.I think he’s a victim of his own style of play,it’s ok when your young and have pace and fitness playing like that,when you start getting on and the pace and fitness levels dip a bit you can look a bit sterile.

• catchy in norway

Sep 4, 2014 at 10:40 AM

catchy in norway // Oct 28, 2012 at 1:54 PM

q8igeordie

yes it does, some more than others

hand on your heart, can you honestly say you understand why he is playing with DMC’s

in this system that he plays every week now,, is jonas the best option to play in the center along side cabye or tiote,,, surly bigi or perch would be a more obvious choice for that position

i for one hate being so negative , esp when the squad of players we have right now has some great attacking options in there, that pardew raves about himself,, so why not set them free and see what they can do

126 catchy in norway // Oct 28, 2012 at 2:00 PM

3 DMC’s

• tequilamag

Sep 4, 2014 at 10:42 AM

Ibiza normally I would agree with you but on this occasion they are not speculating, all the clubs submitted their 25 man squads. They are just reporting the submitted lists

• Ibizatoon

Sep 4, 2014 at 10:44 AM

Catchy…Should I expect you to post more pearls of Ibiza wisdom throughout the day?

Some dodgy typos in there 🙂

• catchy in norway

Sep 4, 2014 at 10:45 AM

nar 🙂

but im still banging that same drum, just got a bigger crowd banging it now 😀

• tequilamag

Sep 4, 2014 at 10:47 AM

Catchy you may not know too many tunes but the ones you can play are well practised

• Lilongwe Geordie

Sep 4, 2014 at 10:48 AM

If Jonas goes out on loan we will still be paying his wages man. How many Championship clubs could afford to pay his full salary?? It will be the same as Marveaux and Mbiwa, and will give the club an excuse as to why they couldn’t afford to replace players because they still have to pay the wages.

1 2 3 6