Young Magpie – Honored To Be Involved – Thrilled To Score

By far the biggest positive so far this season is the form of our 18 year-old left winger Rolando Aarons, and the Jamaican born 18 year-old played great in pre-season, and when he was given a chance in the Premier League last Saturday, he was easily Newcastle’s star man.

England v Romania: U20 International Friendly

Rolando Aarons after scoring for England Friday night

In that game, which ended 3-3, he scored one and made one in his all too short appearance as a second half sub against Crystal Palace.

And most Newcastle fans, from what we can tell,  are almost demanding the England U20 youngster start the game next Saturday at Southampton – if you are good enough you are old enough – as the old saying goes.

On Friday night Rolando played well in his first cap for England – at the U20 level – and he scored the first goal in England’s 6-0 demolition of Romania.

This is what Aaron has said about the game on Friday night:

“You can’t really ask for much more than that.” “I am just honored to be involved and thrilled to get a goal on my England debut.”

“This summer I worked really hard. I didn’t go on holiday.” “I stayed where I was and did a lot of work with a conditioning coach, who is also my friend as well.”

“It has really helped me so far this season, I feel so much stronger and fitter – and it’s obviously paying off now.”

“I feel so much better and quicker than I did this time a year ago, and it’s the work I did in the off-season that’s allowing me to be doing what I’m doing now.”

“It has been an amazing week. The boys made me feel very welcome from the first day and I was part of the group straight away.”

“Now I am looking forward to going back to my club, trying my best to make the squad next week and hopefully impact the game like I did last weekend.”

Newcastle may not have the skill in the side that we had last year at this time, so it’s important that we see some of our younger players like Rolando, Adam Armstrong, Mehdi Abeid, Massadio Haidara and others come through this season, and the sooner the better.

We’re looking forward to seeing Aarons rip apart the Saints defense next Saturday. 😀

You can follow us on our three social media sites below:

• jimmysmith

Sep 7, 2014 at 12:31 AM

Would like Cisse back to compete with Rivierre and I suppose we need to play Cabella as a number ten now.

………………..Tiote….Colback

Sissoko………….Cabella………….Rivierre

……………………….Cisse

Aaron’s
    Gouffran
    Perez
    Anita

Looks capable of top ten until DeJong returns and the January transfer window where well surely be active, but by then of course well likely have little to be playing for.

• santonthenewmaldini

Sep 7, 2014 at 12:40 AM

Sissoko played great for France last week playing on the right wing putting the fear into the left back….

Pardew gets slated by a lot of people myself included but Sissoko is not a central midfielder !!! He only looks good on the wing because he has time on the ball and does not have the brain or touch to play in the middle !!!

• Dulcinera

Sep 7, 2014 at 12:53 AM

@2

A lot of people don’t understand why Sissoko is so good for france and so inconsistant for us, myself included.

A lot of factors are the reason, when playing for france he is sorrounded by world class talent and probably thrives better off that. It should be remembered that we are a mid table team at best with a few really good players but a LOT of sorrounding deadwood.

Personally i think Sissoko is best as a CM or maybe even DM type player with an advanced role simply because since he has been at the toon his aatacking play is so frustrating and annoying., He’s powerfull and quick yet he is the most usless crosser of the ball i have ever seen and his shooting skills are also ridiculously terrible

• ilovetoon8788

Sep 7, 2014 at 1:04 AM

Check out West ham friendly at Ipswich yesterday where they won 5-1.

There was a goal where it was barca-style tiki taka. It’s all over the net.

We can’t even score half a goal like that in friendly. Allardyce is truly an upgrade on pardew.

• Dickie Mint

Sep 7, 2014 at 1:28 AM

I’m pretty sure that was all Teddy Sheringham the new attacking coach… Maybe we should get an attacking coach?

• lesh

Sep 7, 2014 at 1:37 AM

Dickie Mint

Didn’t Tino offer to be our striking coach a few days ago?

• Dickie Mint

Sep 7, 2014 at 1:56 AM

Yeah I saw that in the chronicle the other day, can’t be any worse than not having a striking coach? The club should follow through and get someone, if they aren’t keen on Tino someone else, as it’s too late to bring in a top striker we need to work with what we have and get the best out of them

• ilovetoon8788

Sep 7, 2014 at 3:56 AM

west ham in their last game also had a variety of ideas in their set pieces. while us and ideas in setpiece are quite far apart.

a good attacking coach to guide pardew is a must. Tino perhaps?

• Ethiotoon

Sep 7, 2014 at 5:45 AM

sissoko became ineffective so far bcoz he played out of position IMO.He is not playmaker. he is some player that likes to drive run forward and create chances ,esp in the wings,particularly right.while at Toulouse, he was Dmf,I think,and when he came here,he played right attacking winger for full season, where he get some success and assist fair amount.
    so does for his national team.He was excellent for france on wed against spain on the right wing.So IMO,right wing is still his best position to play and setup for hitters.
    I am sure when cheick gets fit, we will get better shape and attack like a hell.

• Ethiotoon

Sep 7, 2014 at 6:06 AM

And also from what I saw,cabella was ineffective in the no 10 role so far. He is Ben arfa type of player,who likes to dribble ,make tricks on players and run forward. he should play on the wings to get the most out of him consistently. It will be awesome to see cabella on the left,sissoko on the right driving forward and expose opponents.

• NEWEXPATMAGPIE

Sep 7, 2014 at 7:56 AM

Ashley will wait until Jan until he has been transformed into our star player and then unexpectadly sell him in the Jan transfer window at the last minute without lining up a replacement !

This is how Ashley runs the Club and we, the suffering Toon Army, can,nt do Diddley Squat about it !

• Jeff from Benwell

Sep 7, 2014 at 8:13 AM

We Geordies are weird folk““ Sissoko looked good Cos it was a pointless friendly against a Spain still reelnig after Brazil““ RA has shone in a few preseasons and at home against PalaCe ffs““some sense of proportion needed here like