It’s A Wonderful Moment In My Personal Career

Ayoze Perez has been impressive since arriving from Tenerife in the summer,  and we were really pleased when the 21 year-old picked up his first cap for the Spanish U21 side last Thursday night, when he came on as a sub in the 1-0 win over Hungary.

ayoze perez 99 pre-season

Ayoze Perez – at Sheffield Wednesday in pre-season

Ayoze has looked sharp and fit in the Newcastle first team, and given he’s only just turned 21 in late July, he has plenty of time to improve at Newcastle – and we’re sure he will do just that.

Perez has managed to make an appearance in each of Newcastle’s early games of the season, and he therefore has picked up four first team appearances already for the Magpies.

And it’s not surprising the youngster was simply delighted to represent his country last week, and this is what he had to say to the press about the experience:

“It’s a wonderful moment for me in my personal career,” “I’m flattered that they’ve put so much faith in me and I’m very grateful for this.”

“I didn’t expect it at all, it’s a big surprise for me and I will definitely go for it and try my very best to represent the national team as it makes me very proud.”

Perez so far is one of the bright spots for Newcastle, in what has been a slow start to the season – so far.

But if we can get all 3 points at Southampton on Saturday, which we know will not be easy – we could be on our way.

Hope so.

You can follow us on our three social media sites below:

• mecannylad

Sep 9, 2014 at 4:50 PM

This sounds far-fetched…. but the administrators at NUFC will almost certainly have been in touch with their Southampton counterparts suggesting that all visiting fans this Saturday should be frisked extra closely at the turnstile for banners etc.
    You can bet your bottom dollar that the same close frisking will happen at the turnstiles at the SJP Hull game.
    This process in itself will be counter-productive for our club management … it will heighten the verocity of The Toon Army.
    If however management don’t intervene with their banner ban then the ‘shouting down’ of Pardew will be enhanced with the addition of not to be missedvisual messages.
    Either way he’s a gonner before Septembers out …… but we must shout him out.
    Maximum points from these two games will only put off the inevitable …. so shout him out of Toon now lads.

• G

Sep 9, 2014 at 4:51 PM

I would start him in place of Rivere at Soton. The lad looks lively. Save Riv’s pace for the last 10 minutes off the bench to try to force space maybe?

• MadisonToon

Sep 9, 2014 at 4:52 PM

Perez looks to be very quick and could really do some damage as a winger or a second striker for us. I haven’t seen enough of him aside from his late cameos to really know how effective he will be, but certainly a useful player for the pittance we got him for.

What I really want to know is where Chucky is. Is he injured? Is he just not good enough? He seems likely to be a player further along in his development than Perez who should probably be the player on the bench for us, but has yet to feature there (I think). Anyone know of good reasons for this?

• Thump

Sep 9, 2014 at 4:55 PM

@MadisonToon: Seems to be stuck with the reserves for whatever reason. I was hoping to see him get a run out in the cup but that would make sense, of course.

• Average_Contents

Sep 9, 2014 at 4:57 PM

mecannylad

What makes you think it’s far fetched? It’s already been happening, the dictatorship will do whatever it takes to silence the masses or anyone who speaks out against them as proved by the ban on press (rightly or wrongly,that’s a different debate) and the contacting of LFC asking them to confiscate ANY banners from NUFC fans last match of last season.

Suppression is the cornerstone of any dictatorship mate and the very first action when the masses start to rise, well that and violence 😉

• toonking

Sep 9, 2014 at 4:58 PM

this sack alan pardew donation site that is going, i too want him out, what i will not do is give any of my money away.

If i’m going to spend my own money on getting rid of the manager i hate, first thing i would want is for them to be 100% guarentee to also use the money and bring in a quality manager, not a manager like pulis or moyse, i’m talking a manager such as FDB or pelegrini.

all i see happening with ones such as pulis and moyse is 5 months to a season of peace and quiet then it all kicks off again.

another thing puzzling me about this is why didn’t we do donations as a way of building up the money needed to get rid of ashley or why not use these donations for that rather than for pardew?

has the creator of this website actually shown himself live or are we about as clearer known of him as we are of bloggers?

most the country will know now that newcastle fans can’t stand pardew and desperately want him out, people who read this blog will notice there are fans now happily taking losses if it were to mean getting rid of him, they will have seen lots of posts now saying jonas has been ruined by pardew when the europa league season people all hate pardew starting jonas, some even saying alladyce was better and pulis would be accepted.

truthfully it could even be ashley himself for all we know.

• catchy in norway

Sep 9, 2014 at 5:05 PM

for the first time in 4 years I am starting to get excited , I 100% believe pardew will be gone before the hull game ,

who we get is another concern, but I hope as fans of our great club we don’t just settle for anyone, let’s hope the club are on the look out as we speak , I think they are as there has been no word for smug pardew or the club saying his job is safe

• mecannylad

Sep 9, 2014 at 5:06 PM

It saddens me to say this – as a 68 year old – but now is not the time for NUFC fans to continue to debate the relative merits of reserve players.
    Now is the time to keep our focus and whip ourselves into a frenzy in readiness for the battle we are waging against Pardew and Ashley.
    The relative merits of individual players, systems and tactics serve only a secondary purpose at this critical time.

• Ethiotoon

Sep 9, 2014 at 5:07 PM

I can’t believe some of u here already discouraged regarding our team.what makes u think the saints are better than us?what makes u think we gonna lose by heavy margin?Is this how we support our beloved Newcastle utd?I can’t believe most of you here want to support only at good times..
    we played very well so far apart from palace game.
    we should go to every games thinking positive about winning, no matter who the opponents are.because we still have great squad,capable of beating anyone
    we lost a player that does not gel well to the team so far.does that mean our season is over?never!!
    saints lost good players in the summer, but recruited
    well equally.we respect them.But their new players also need time to gel like us which makes us even going to the game.we will have Tiote back,may be colback fit too,if not we have Anita who already had great start this season so far.nice to see we have a number of options in the MF.may be cisse also fit too, w/h is another boost.He can have great season bcoz we have wonderful wing players to feed him.
    I will be happy with draw,if we win, that’s big plus..
    HWTL!!

• Laurent Robert 32

Sep 9, 2014 at 5:14 PM

mecannylad, good post.

• Tsunki

Sep 9, 2014 at 5:17 PM

Ehio – don’t confuse pessimism or rather realism with lack of support. The firm of the team and the highly readable style our illustrious leader employs points to an away loss at the hands of Southampton, who seem to be in much better shape. It’s the way it is. Doesn’t mean we don’t will the lads on.

• Laurent Robert 32

Sep 9, 2014 at 5:18 PM

Ethio

“Is this how we support our beloved Newcastle utd?”
    ——

Is this supporting our Newcastle United by allowing a career long and proven underachiever to steer us to pathetic performance and pathetic scoreline week after week?

• Tsunki

Sep 9, 2014 at 5:20 PM

Yes, sound and rational post, mecannylad. A far cry from your posts of a year or so ago when you were plugging your web site and labelling Toon supporters as morons. 😉

• mecannylad

Sep 9, 2014 at 5:21 PM

At my age (68) I am running out of time.
    I am determined that my love of NUFC will not be tainted by our existing manager much longer.
    I yearn for a few more good seasons before I support ‘the big team in the sky’
    Please friends; help me sack Pardew now … before its too late for me.

• catchy in norway

Sep 9, 2014 at 5:25 PM

Etoon

are you kidding me , I think you will will find we support the team , we believe we have a good squad,
    BUT
    we don’t want p45 to manage them, he is not good enough

when you understand that, you might understand football,

• Mister Tuff

Sep 9, 2014 at 5:26 PM

I think that the people organising the sackpardew site are doing a great service to the club -in their own time. The people now running NUFC are charlatans and scallywags.
    Percy is the obvious target to try to lever out first. Trying to get Mr Tubbs to sell is much more difficult and probably out of the abilities of the average fan. Sickening him with a campaign of bad publicity must surely have an effect – eventually -its just a matter of chipping away.
    Confiscation of banners. Now that it looks as if this is being practiced at the behest of the club -anyone getting a banner seized should ask why – especially if other people with lets say a non provocative banner do not have their “item” seized – get evidence -a photo of the untouched banners and then complain and demand answers as to the apparent double standards. The average fan can only chip away with little things like this.
    As for the suggestion that any donations to oust Percy should go towards buying out Tubbs/getting a decent manager – don’t be daft we’ll be saving for 30 -40 years.

• Laurent Robert 32

Sep 9, 2014 at 5:34 PM

I’ve said it for ages. Group action is the way forward. If lads have put the time and effort into starting something up, the least like-minded supporters can do is get behind them and help push.

One person can’t push a train over sideways to help an injured person on the tracks, but a whole line of people doing the same action can. Strength in numbers.

• mecannylad

Sep 9, 2014 at 5:37 PM

I don’t think it is unreasonable to suppose that the journalists who will be attending Pardew’s pre match press briefing for this weekend’s game will be aware of the mounting pressure on him.
    We need the Journo’s to have the balls to ‘face him’ there and then about it.
    It is relevant and his reply, or club actions -either way – can now only serve to further dig the hole for him to be buried in.
    Not long now lads ….I’ve got the champagne cooling.

• Jail for Ashley

Sep 9, 2014 at 5:37 PM

Now Saturdays a tricky one, last year against Swansea, I, like many others wanted us to lose, we were safe, I didn’t particularly want a top ten finish either to hear Pardews shite about a successful season, however this Saturday is different as I think every point will count at the end, I would take a draw now, so Soton to batter us and a 0-0 draw would be a good result.

• Jail for Ashley

Sep 9, 2014 at 5:42 PM

As for those saying we’re going after the wrong person, there is simply not enough people uniting to get rid of Fatty, banners and abuse will not make him sell up just stay away from the ground, however getting rid of his mouth piece and his next one, and next one if they serve up dross and feed us BS might force the fat fcuker to do the right thing and hire someone decent and listen to what he says regarding transfers.

• Mister Tuff

Sep 9, 2014 at 5:49 PM

meccanylad – once the sackpardew site gets a bit of coverage in the media – it would then be a matter of legitimate journalism to question the club/Percy about it.
    If it appears that no-one is asking the right questions – I think it could be legitimately raised as to why not. A suggestion might arise that they are in bed with the club – a suggesting abhorent to journalists (but true of a few) -yet again could give rise to serious questions about the journalists.

• lesh

Sep 9, 2014 at 6:21 PM

All you guys thinking and hoping that the pre-match press conference’ll force answers, forget it.

Pardew’s conferences’ll be highly managed with the journos told exactly when questions are out of bounds.

The press won’t pick up the baton and run with the Pardew Out brigade’s agenda.

Sadly, that will be the case.

One way the campaign might stimulate interest would be to take full page ads in the press asking pertinent, sharp and answerable questions of Ashley – bearing in mind the high risk of litigation by the Ashley camp.

But a tens of thousands cost of each ad woukd make such an exercise fruitless unless there was solid financial backing from a sympathetic sponsor, a potential buyer or someone with money to burn.

Hey ho.

• Go toon gooooo

Sep 9, 2014 at 6:48 PM

Ayoze Perez is a player with excellent technique but lack of lung capacity and strength makes him ineffective striker in the Premier League.