Ben Arfa Has Gone – The Players Left Love The Club

Ben Arfa’s loan move to Hull City was completed almost two hours after the transfer window closed at 11:00 pm on Monday night, 1st September, and it was like pouring gasoline (petrol) on a fire, as the Newcastle fans erupted and turned against manager Alan Pardew, who seemed to push the Frenchman out of the door.

hatem ben arfa hull

Ben Arfa – on loan to Hull City

And in Alan Pardew’s first meeting with the press since that event, the manager was asked whether it will be a risk for Newcastle to have let the creative goal scoring Frenchman leave:

“It would have been an easy decision to keep him,” “But you have to make tough decisions and I made the decision because I think the players we have here have a love and a passion for the club, the shirt and for the fans.”

“Is it a risk to let Hatem Ben Arfa go? Not in my opinion.’” “That thank you to the fans was a decision he made with his PR company.”

“As far as we are concerned, what’s important with the players here is that they represent the jersey with honesty and truth and love.” “That’s all we concentrate on, the players we have here.”

“I respond to pressure like I always do,’  ‘Everybody in the Premier League has it coming, but for me it’s come a little bit quicker than I expected and I have to deal with that.”

That response from Alan Pardew seems to be similar to the thinking of Harry Redknapp on Ben Arfa, but Alan seems to be inferring that Ben Arfa’s actions are more PR than anything else.

And the comment that the players left at Newcastle love the club, would suggest that Ben Arfa didn’t, although the evidence over the last four years is that Ben Arfa loved being at the Tyneside club.

He left Marseilles and wanted to play for  one club – Newcastle United – and he made that very clear at the time.

The next few games for Newcastle and Alan Pardew in particular, are very important and we have to start picking up some points, starting at Southampton on Saturday.

You can follow us on our three social media sites below:

• beermonkey

Sep 11, 2014 at 11:22 PM

welsh

a lot people think the same I find it a little hard to want us to lose but I really do fear relegation as things are at the moment
    points could be very precious for us this season

• mecannylad

Sep 11, 2014 at 11:31 PM

Been looking again at our fisture list.
    If we don’t land the knockout punch on AP during September I fear he could duck and dive right up until December when we play Chelsea, Arsenal, Sunderland and Manchester United consecutively.
    What a Xmas present we have to look forwrd to.

• Thump

Sep 11, 2014 at 11:37 PM

“It would have been an easy decision to keep him.”

Why, do the reserves need him?

Pardew is trying his best to make the note seem like it was done as a PR thing — which it very well may have done — but there again, this is from the man who claimed he [Ben Arfa] was overweight and tried to fine him.

Waste of f’ing oxygen, that man.

• jimmysmith

Sep 11, 2014 at 11:38 PM

I think there’s a very decent chance we’ll get the centre back and centre forward we need in January. By then of course another season will have slipped away. Maybe well lose one of our better players too. Very much the Ashley modus operandi.

• Average_Contents

Sep 11, 2014 at 11:39 PM

Oh no Tsunki there’s more 😉

Words like “respect and honour” “I have to look at the bigger picture more than the local media and fans” and “bigger vision”

Alan I also doubt that people ask you why we haven’t won a trophy..I’d wager they wouldn’t ask you anything at all, just calmly approach you, twat you in the mouth without saying a word then calmly walk off as if nothings happened….or is that just me 😉

Anyway here he is flapping his gums.

Not that he believes bonds have been torn quite beyond repair. “You can only really enhance that relationship with the supporters by winning games, and we need to win some, simple as that,” he said.

“Sometimes, when you’re at a club for a long time, and I’m the second-longest-serving manager in the Premier League now, it becomes a little more difficult, especially at a club of this size. People ask: ‘Why haven’t you won a trophy?’ But we haven’t won a trophy at this club since 1969.

“It’s very, very difficult. I have to try to look at the bigger picture – a bigger picture than the local media and some of our fans – but I also understand there’s an immediate world we live in. Immediate results are important, and I can’t take my eye off that either. But by the same token, I have a bigger vision. I think we’ve got better and we’re a stronger club than when I arrived, a lot stronger.”

• Laurent Robert 32

Sep 11, 2014 at 11:43 PM

Tsunki, haha. Yeah, he’s an idiot alright.

• Laurent Robert 32

Sep 11, 2014 at 11:48 PM

There it is again…

Sickening coming from that lying imbecile and when he plays Colo and Cabaye no problem after they wanted away.
    It makes a mockery of his propaganda-like sincerity.

• Laurent Robert 32

Sep 11, 2014 at 11:53 PM

His delusions are next level. Unbelievable.

• 70TWO

Sep 11, 2014 at 11:55 PM

“The Players Left Love The Club”

It took bloody ages for this to click:

The (remaining) players —- love the club.

• Belfast

Sep 11, 2014 at 11:56 PM

What a load of cow poo

• Our Toon

Sep 11, 2014 at 11:57 PM

Pardew on the defensive, as I said he’s been trying to win the PR campaign against HBA since the back end if last season and he understands this very incident along with other errors in judgement are a case of chickens coming home to roost.

He basically wants an easier ride for the Hull game

• Belfast

Sep 12, 2014 at 12:01 AM

I hope we win on Saturday like, but I hope he takes dogs abuse In the process.

Very unlikeable individual. I think even the pro Percy brigade would agree.

• jayphoto

Sep 12, 2014 at 12:05 AM

Think pardew knows with our fans it doesn’t matter what he says! A win or draw with performance against southampton and decent start vs hull will see the fans support the team! A heavy southampton defeat and slow start vs hull and hes done! Think hes banking alot on getting out of jail against a very new southampton side! Unfortunately for us i think southampton had the best transfer window after chelsea! Got a great manager in and i think with the exception of lovren and alderweireld upgraded across the park! Mane is a beast! Pelle looks more clinical than lambert! Tadic is a player we should have snapped up! Think hel outscore snd assist lallana! And theyve added a top keeper! Wouldn’t shock me to see them fighting for top 6/7! Reckon they have the potential with our record on the south coast of rolling us over

• Belfast

Sep 12, 2014 at 12:05 AM

Actually thought Ben Arfa was quite respectable to Percy and co when he left. A lot of players would have done the complete opposite and told all to the press.

Pardew is just digging himself a bigger hole every time he opens his trap.

• Mister Tuff

Sep 12, 2014 at 12:18 AM

jayphoto – I think your scenario for the next two games is spot on and will potentially decide the fate of Parsnip.
    The converse probably would see Percy hanging on for a bit longer.
    As many say if you’re winning a club can do almost anything/get away with almost anything

• Sav

Sep 12, 2014 at 12:30 AM

Makes little sense to criticise HBA for lack of love and passion for the shirt while the club goes cap-in-hand to a mercenary like Loic Remy to try to get him to sign up again.

• expatmag

Sep 12, 2014 at 1:52 AM

If, and it is a big if, Pardew is sacked after losing the next 2 games, it will certainly put one major issue to rest.

Mije Ashley will NOT be selling the club.

• expatmag

Sep 12, 2014 at 1:53 AM

Mike

• davis_toons

Sep 12, 2014 at 1:56 AM

roggy real NUFC fan for life • 7 hours ago

Good post mate. As a proud Irish Man United fan it would have been easy for me to jump ship when we got Moyes, most of my mates started supporting Celtic but I stayed loyal. I hate these glory seeking types.

4 • Reply•Share ›

toon 4 life Froggy • 7 hours ago

Seems like your a glory hunter, why do you support Man United is it because they have won things over the years? a proud irish man would support an irish team, one bad season and you stayed loyal very commendable. Try supporting the toon for 50 years then you can call yourself loyal.

• davis_toons

Sep 12, 2014 at 2:10 AM

Pardew is Unbelievable….

• davis_toons

Sep 12, 2014 at 2:18 AM

Injuries will again become his excuse for failing to win games.

Still remember when Shola was injured and we were defeated and he said …due to missing key players

In due respect to Shola he is fine lad that played with his heart for us just like Alan Smith. I love them both.

The point is Pardew use them as an excuse to get away from his poor display.

• davis_toons

Sep 12, 2014 at 4:00 AM

On Advertising Space
    “The club removes SD adverts if they manage to sell the space but if there is space SD signs are erected.Nothing wrong with that !” .. one argue about that.

Did he know that SJP was always filled with advertisements all along the years what happen now?

Was the price too high for the advertiser? Something is not right with the Sales and Marketing department?

• davis_toons

Sep 12, 2014 at 4:18 AM

Dogsdanglies Jaz • 6 hours ago

Jonas always really frustrated me with his complete lack of any end product – goals or assists or cross completion. Having said that he has been a pretty faithful servant, always worked his taters off and was increasingly more asked to cover our left back defensively – as well as being the most fouled player repeatedly it seemed like – which at least relieved the pressure for us.

Shabby treatment from a shabby man – Pardew lacks any real ability as a manager – and, even more sad to say, is a completely classless individual – time to move him and the fat man on. Can at least get our club back then.

True Words.

• jimmysmith

Sep 12, 2014 at 4:59 AM

“It’s important for the fans to respect and honour what you’re doing,” said Pardew. “I think maybe some of that trust was lost at the back end of last season. There could be a number of arguments why you would consider that to be my fault, and I would have to accept those if that was the opinion of the fans.”

I gotta say, I believe him. If there’s a scalliwag at play here, he’s in the stands, not the dug out. Doesn’t matter anyway, as he says, he needs to win some games.

• Ethiotoon

Sep 12, 2014 at 5:48 AM

That’s true.we need to win games,2 or 3 consecutively, if we can do that,everything will get back to normal.I heard Jonas returning to sjp.I think we need him.He was one of our best player for the last 2 or 3 yrs,including that sparkling 5th place finish, together with R.tay,cisse,and obertan.
    I don’t think Southampton have injury worries,apart from jay,but still gonna be tough game.we need to play by attacking from the start and try to score first.
    then we can finish them on counter in the 2nd HF.
    krul
    Jan will Colo haid
    siso tiot colb gouf
    cab
    revy

• jimmysmith

Sep 12, 2014 at 5:58 AM

Very good news if we could bring back Jonas. I recognize he had an agreement in his contract, but if Newcastle don’t want to offer him the same terms at his age, based on form, then that’s a reasonable position to take, it seems to me. I don’t think he’s worth another contract on the same money either, but he remains a quality player, who sacrificed himself for the side in his last full season. You’d see a different Jonas in a more open attacking side, I think, as an understudy to say, Jack Colback. Hope we can reach a compromise with a very talented and industrious player, for this season and perhaps another. He’s a player who does love the shirt.

• Ethiotoon

Sep 12, 2014 at 5:58 AM

Forster
    clyne fonte alder corke
    prowse. shnied wanyam. tadic
    long. pelle

They have attractive players like us.gonna be very tough game.I don’t care we play good or bad,what we need is a win,if not draw will be ample..

• Ethiotoon

Sep 12, 2014 at 6:10 AM

That’s true on Jonas.I don’t know what happened to him last season but still an important player in my eyes.we lost ben so Jonas ‘d be worthwhile in that position.can attack, defend,gives his socks off in every game he played.why did he separated from his club this season while he still has contract?
    Why didn’t he allowed to train with the rest of the team?instead sent out and train alone somewhere?

• Zambiantoon

Sep 12, 2014 at 6:32 AM

Pardew OUT!!!

F****N PRICK.

• Jail for Ashley

Sep 12, 2014 at 7:18 AM

Ethiotoon,
    You have included Obertron on your very good players list, why ?

• Jail for Ashley

Sep 12, 2014 at 7:25 AM

Ethitoon,
    My guess on Jonas is that he has rdfused to renegotiate his contract and has found himself frozen out, only time will tell on what has happened to the ‘injured’ Tiote although he’s supposedly on the bench tomorrow.

• Jail for Ashley

Sep 12, 2014 at 7:27 AM

Ethiotoon,
    I hope we play really bad, getting played off the park but sneak a winner, then have a really slow start against Hull, that should work the crowd up nicely.

• firebug666

Sep 12, 2014 at 7:35 AM

Jail for Ashley

I don’t it’s a case of hoping we play really bad marra, we always play really bad under the Inept one. Nicking a win would be great but I just don’t see that happening at all.

• Mag52

Sep 12, 2014 at 7:36 AM

Ethiotoon.

I look forward to your posts Ethiotoon.
    They are full of positivity, enthusiasm and love for our club. So different from the hatred filled agenda of a number of bloggers.
    As for Jonas, if it’s true he’s on the way back, that can only be good news. We don’t know why he’s been away from the scene for so long. Without any evidence, the anti Pardew brigade naturally blame him, but he was a player who AP loved to have in his side and hopefully he’ll still do a good job for us this season.

• Ethiotoon

Sep 12, 2014 at 7:37 AM

jail morning!
    I think tiote is fine. played full 90min in space of 3 or 4 days,w/ h is good for him bcoz it only makes him fitter as he has not played much after WC.
    I included obertan bcoz he was a regular starter in our famous 5th place finish and assist fair amount b4 warming the bench for a while.may be we need him now bcoz yoan looks lost at the moment.
    why u wish us to play bad 2morow?

• firebug666

Sep 12, 2014 at 7:38 AM

I just caught up with all that the idiot was saying in his press conference yesterday.

I studied it carefully looking for some element of truth and as last I can honestly say; “I got nothing”.