Alan Pardew – I’m Astounded By That!

One thing we found out yesterday was that Jack Colback said he did not pick up his injury at the England camp early last week but got the knock during the game against Crystal Palace – and that caused him to withdraw from the squad when it was realized he would not be fit for the Euro 2016 qualifier in Switzerland – which England won 2-0 earlier this week – a good start in the group.

Ivory Coast's national football team str

Cheick Tiote – will not start tomorrow’s game at St. Mary’s

But allowing players to go on International duty can have it’s problems nevertheless, and it was a little amazing that Cheick Tiote played two full Internationals for the Ivory Coast in the last week, despite having not played one minute of competitive football for Newcastle this season.

The games were both qualifiers for the African Cup of Nations to start in Morocco in January, and because of that Cheick will not start for Newcastle at St, Mary’s tomorrow, but he will be available from the bench.

Alan Pardew bemoaned the lack of class shown by the Ivory Coast FA – who didn’t keep an agreement about Cheick and  played him for the full 90 minutes – which they did twice:

“I’m astounded by that,” “He hasn’t played a game, not even one reserve game for us. Now I have a player who is arriving on a Friday after playing two 90 minutes.”

“And he is expected to be brilliant at Southampton. It’s just not going to happen. It’s unfair on him, and on the club.”

So the starting team we put out for the Saints game isn’t going to happen, and Vurnon Anita will likely start alongside Jack Colback in central midfield, and the local lad seems to have recovered from the injury which prevented him becoming an England International during the break.

And the surprise news yesterday was that young Rolando Aarons is out injured with a hamstring pull, which he picked up in training after he returned from playing and scoring for the England U20 side earlier this week.

It looks like Yoan Gouffran will start again – so the team for tomorrow could be as follows:

Krul
Janmaat Williamson Coloccini Haidara
Colback Anita
Sissoko Cabella Gouffran
Riviere

What would your team be?

You can follow us on our three social media sites below:

• Geremi's Prosthetic Leg Fund

Sep 12, 2014 at 7:56 AM

This guy is something else! I cannot stand him any longer. It’s not about winning a trophy you scumbag! It’s about our results over 2 years and your general record. It’s about your touchline behaviour. It’s about your not needed cosy attitude to Ashley. It’s about your excuses and lies.

Of course we’re in better shape than we were when you arrived you tosser we’ve had 4 years of rebuilding from relegation and even then we’re lower in the league than we were at this point 4 years ago so arguably we aren’t anyway!

• Geremi's Prosthetic Leg Fund

Sep 12, 2014 at 7:58 AM

On Tiote, yeah I’m sure you’re astounded Alan. Give over, he clearly was fit when you were wrapping him up in cotton wool.

• Ethiotoon

Sep 12, 2014 at 8:04 AM

we have a mgr that won huge pride,EPL mgr of the year & LMA mgr of the year,at least you should respect him on your comments cheapskates!
    Following every single word and critisize him only make u like u have personal issues with him..
    nonsense!!

• toonincheek

Sep 12, 2014 at 8:06 AM

Geremi P L F –

Fit – but not match fit.
    Then two games in, what, 4 days?

And – it seems that due to his lack of match fitness, it had been agreed that Tiote would not play a full 90 minutes.

AP has every right to be aggrieved – and astounded – that the Ivory Coast manager did not abide by the agreement.

• firebug666

Sep 12, 2014 at 8:07 AM

Ethiotoon

I have been a fan of Newcastle United for over 40 years mate, Damn right I take it personally when an idiot take control of my club, and installs the most inept, cretinous thing on the planet as manager.

Your support is from a distance, my support is on the doorstep more or less, When we lose badly you can sit back in your armchair, take a deep breath and say Ah well we may win next time. I on the other hand have a weeks worth of ribbing and bantering from the makems to contend with because the inept creature (that you appear to love) has embarrassed my club yet again. This has been the same way for years now…..Personal? You bet it is.

• Mag52

Sep 12, 2014 at 8:16 AM

Jail.

I didn’t say I necessarily agreed with Ethiotoon. I said I enjoy his positivity and love for his team. Can you believe he actually wants us to win matches ? Such a refreshing change from the general tone of the blog these days.

• firebug666

Sep 12, 2014 at 8:16 AM

WOW!

I think I’ve just killed the blog.

• Geremi's Prosthetic Leg Fund

Sep 12, 2014 at 8:21 AM

Toonincheek –

Fair enough, but to me it sounds all too convenient and excuse for if it goes pear shaped at Southampton.

• Sav

Sep 12, 2014 at 9:00 AM

The club complaint should have landed on the mat after the first match involved 90 minutes, not waiting until, after the second one. But with Blatter running for yet another term you can’t see much changing in football any time soon.

• toonincheek

Sep 12, 2014 at 9:02 AM

Sav –
    I reckon these arrangements are based on
    an informal understanding.
    That cannot provide the basis for an official
    complaint.