Former Barcelona Great – Newcastle Have Good Quality Players

In the build up to the game tomorrow at Southampton, new Saints manager Ronald Koeman has talked about what he thinks of the current Newcastle team.

coach Ronald Koeman of Feyenoord during the Dutch Eredivisie match between Feyenoord and sc Cambuur

Ronald Koeman – new Southampton manager

This is what Koeman said yesterday about Newcastle:

“They did not have a good start to the season. They have good players, good quality players and I know a lot about the Dutch players who play for Newcastle.”

“Maybe there’s a little bit more pressure on them to win finally but I like to see more what my team has to do to win against them. That is in my opinion more important.”

It’s right that Koeman does know about our Dutch players, and none more so than Daryl Janmaat, who played under the former Barcelona great at Feyenoord for the last two seasons, before he signed on at Newcastle in July.

For any youngsters reading this, Ronald Koeman was one of the best attacking midfielders ever to grace a football field, and in his career at Groningen, Ajax, PSV, Barcelona and Feyenoord he played 685 games with a fantastic 239 goals.

Ronald Koeman at Barca

Ronald Koeman – during playing career at Barca – circa 1992

He also played 78 times for Holland with 14 goals from 1982 through 1994.

Since he finished playing back in 1997,  he has moved around quite a bit and managed eight clubs so far, and he seems to have made a decent start to his Saints management career, picking up 4 points from the first three league games, but Southampton have also been inconsistent this season.

It remains to be seen if we can take something out this game tomorrow, but a defeat and there will be even more cries for Alan Pardew to be fired at Newcastle.

We hope the lads can get a win tomorrow.

You can follow us on our three social media sites below:

• Markaccus

Sep 12, 2014 at 8:59 AM

He still should have been sent off against England.

• MrMojoRisin76

Sep 12, 2014 at 9:04 AM

Repost
    Average Contents
    I don’t think you know me very well,that wasn’t an insult.This is an insult.How did you come up with your name?,is it what’s in your head or what’s in your underpants?

• Markaccus

Sep 12, 2014 at 9:07 AM

Ethiotoon thinks that anyone who does not take an extreme view of Pardew is a “bad blogger”.
    Pardew is not the Anti-christ. But his tactics are negative and are costing us points game after game. Regardless of what anyone else thinks of the man, ot about what he does or doesnt say, it should still be clear that the results are enough to say time to change him.

• Laurent Robert 32

Sep 12, 2014 at 9:09 AM

“In 21 games played over 20 years under 10 different managers Sunderland only managed to beat Newcastle United 3 times, and never by more than a single goal.

In a 10 month period between April 2013 and February 2014 Sunderland beat Alan Pardew’s Newcastle United 3 times by an aggregate score of 1-8.”

———-

This is the type of thing blind faithers are accepting as being OK and is simply part of the premium Pardew managing package. Happy to clap like a kid in a fairground whilst this goes on.

Amongst the rest of the dross, it’s NOT OK.

• Laurent Robert 32

Sep 12, 2014 at 9:10 AM

Not only that, Sunderland were by far the worst team in the league at the time.

Nice one, Alan.

• Markaccus

Sep 12, 2014 at 9:11 AM

With Aarons and sdj deffo out, he should be using 433.

Jan
    Willo
    collo
    hair

Socks
    anita
    colback

cabby
    rivvy
    goofy

actual support for the forwards, and less defencive work for goofy to do. The poor bloke will be knackered by xmas at the current rate.

• Ethiotoon

Sep 12, 2014 at 9:13 AM

mag52..ignore him,he is a Muppet!
    firebugg
    hahaha…I didn’t say u abuse someone or me but I found out u r trying,”seems!”..
    and I didn’t call u a moron or ….

• Ethiotoon

Sep 12, 2014 at 9:16 AM

mojorisin…ignore him,he is one of stubborn person on this blog,like dry wall!!

• firebug666

Sep 12, 2014 at 9:17 AM

Repost

MrMojoRisin76

And it’s ok for him to have an opinion where he calls other bloggers names, but it’s not ok for me to have an opinion?

I have to question mate; Why do you support him?

• Average_Contents

Sep 12, 2014 at 9:19 AM

Having an underdeveloped brain isn’t an insult? Basically calling someone a mong isn’t it?

The name? From a box of matches if you must know, but your insults are a side issue really that I’m not really arsed about so let’s leave it at that.

He posted incorrect stats to back up how good parsnip is, when questioned he was adamant he was right, when asked to produce these facts he failed to do so and proceeded to accuse his accusers of not supporting the club. He then tried to backtrack saying it was maybe 5-6 wins on the bounce, again, another incorrect stat. It was infact only 4 which, not just me but other posters correctly pointed out in the form of “the actual results”.

Sorry but I don’t make things up in my pursuit of wanting rid of the puppet, I don’t need to, it’s all there. Whereas he makes things up to back up his argument of why he should stay.

• Markaccus

Sep 12, 2014 at 9:19 AM

Mecanny

“Winning more games, scoring more goals …. simple. Installing a likeable, enigmatic, slicker tactician as a manager would also help enormousely.”

Sooo, you’re saying Pardew isn’t the man then?
    😀

• firebug666

Sep 12, 2014 at 9:23 AM

Ethio

First I notice you never answered my questions. Second lets just look back shall we.

You posted this:

Ethiotoon // Sep 12, 2014 at 7:56 AM

Firebugg.. ur hatred against the mgr looks personal,
    not football related.like catchy!!

I post my reply:

firebug666 // Sep 12, 2014 at 8:07 AM

Ethiotoon

I have been a fan of Newcastle United for over 40 years mate, Damn right I take it personally when an idiot take control of my club, and installs the most inept, cretinous thing on the planet as manager.

Your support is from a distance, my support is on the doorstep more or less, When we lose badly you can sit back in your armchair, take a deep breath and say Ah well we may win next time. I on the other hand have a weeks worth of ribbing and bantering from the makems to contend with because the inept creature (that you appear to love) has embarrassed my club yet again. This has been the same way for years now…..Personal? You bet it is.

Then you posted this in reference to my comment about you supporting from afar:

Ethiotoon // Sep 12, 2014 at 8:33 AM

This blog start turning in to chaos!!
    whether u support from far end or on doorsteps remains the same,we all want our club to succeed.
    but talking same shit about the mgr everyday, every minute,every word is nonsense!!
    more morons!cheapskates!!
    Rotonda
    why r u posting someone else’s post? This shows u have no clue about FB? goblet!!

There is no doubt in my mind you are insulting me as you have done to many others.

Here’s my advice, Don’t touch you keyboard, don’t type anything at all; that way people will only assume your an idiot, but if you type something your only confirming it.

• Average_Contents

Sep 12, 2014 at 9:26 AM

Are you going to now condemn him for name calling or do you just stick up for poor Ethiotoon?

Like Firebug said, why?

He got proved wrong and then wouldn’t admit it. Let me guess, there’s a right way and a wrong way to prove someone wrong? He spouted incorrect information and was told so. That was the end of the discussion as far as I was concerned because rarely do I read his posts because they don’t interest me, maybe you should try the same if you don’t like certain posts….

• MrMojoRisin76

Sep 12, 2014 at 9:26 AM

Firebug

When did i say it’s not ok for you to have an opinion?.Ignore him if you don’t like his post,i don’t agree with most people on here at the minute.I have issues with Catchy who is just as extreme but on a different end of the scale,i think he’s nuts but i try to ignore him as much as i can.

• Ethiotoon

Sep 12, 2014 at 9:30 AM

well sorry firebugg!!
    I don’t have time twattering previous posts ,may be u should find someone”!

• Mag52

Sep 12, 2014 at 9:30 AM

Laurent @4

Oops Laurent you missed a fact which I’m sure you won’t mind me pointing out in passing so that you can continue to give us your usual fair and balanced assessment of Pardew’s time as manager at NUFC. October 2010. Newcastle United 5 Sunderland 1.
    Just thought I’d mention it.

• hibbit

Sep 12, 2014 at 9:30 AM

lads ethiotoon is troll last time on here he was 12 year old from india he likes to see you all have ago at each other troll

• Markaccus

Sep 12, 2014 at 9:33 AM

Mag

as much as i am not extreme anti-pardew, i have to point out that Hoots was manager for the 5-1

• Average_Contents

Sep 12, 2014 at 9:33 AM

The funny thing is Firebug he accuses posters of saying the same thing all the time when he does exactly the same with his love-in with the puppet.

I understand my views on the puppet are groundbreaking, radical and unheard of 😉 but they are fully warranted just like Mr chocolate raisins are regarding fatty.

The only difference being that it’s extremely difficult to oust the fat kunt whereas his puppet is in the firing line on a weekly basis and imo it would be a blow for fatty to lose his flak deflector.

• jettson1971

Sep 12, 2014 at 9:34 AM

Mag52 @16 – the 5-1 game was when Hughton was in charge I think. P45due, is the worst manager I can remember in my time of supporting NUFC since I was 8, I am now 42 and had a season tkt for 26yrs. clueless, inept, out of his depth, proven liar and spin merchant. everything that is wrong with NUFC is in P45due

• firebug666

Sep 12, 2014 at 9:34 AM

MrMojoRisin76

Sorry mate I misunderstood your reply.

MrMojoRisin76 // Sep 12, 2014 at 9:12 AM

Firebug
    Sorry bud.I didn’t read it properly.I honestly believe that is his opinion.

It was this reply above. You honestly believe that is his opinion….. That I’m a moron? or Cheapskate? I know that’s not what you meat, but it’s how it sounds. He has me so wound up at the moment, I never talk to him because having seen some of his posts in the past I find him offensive. Sometime the occasional bit of sense seeps through. I really don’t understand why you defend him so vehemently.

• Average_Contents

Sep 12, 2014 at 9:35 AM

Mag52

That was Houghton….

• Tsunki

Sep 12, 2014 at 9:37 AM

It’s also fair to mention at what point the 5-1 happened in his managerial career at nufc. And what the results following that were. It’s a case of diminishing returns. And as LR32 said our worst defeats came at the hands of a team that escaped relegation by the skin of its scarmy yellow teeth.

• MrMojoRisin76

Sep 12, 2014 at 9:37 AM

AC

Not in any stretch of the imagination apart from yours.

How did we get to 5th last season before the collapse,bearing in mind the bad start we had on and off the field with the Cabaye situation?

• Our Toon

Sep 12, 2014 at 9:37 AM

Why are we still arguing? More importantly why are some still supporting pardew? He was praised for finishing 5th and winning LMA award but his ego kicked in and now it’s back to reality.

Those who support him can you please tell me what he’s done to receive your backing since finishing 5th?

• Tsunki

Sep 12, 2014 at 9:37 AM

And it’s was Hoots btw 🙂

• catchy in norway

Sep 12, 2014 at 9:38 AM

I don’t think pardew fully anticipates just how far he has slipped out of favour with the fans,
    right now pretty much all fans have his number , we know what he is going to say before he thinks it, pretty much like every manager knows his tactics before the team hits the field,

I’m not quite sure what some fans like Etoon mag52 manx bill expect from a manager or even out of football , but I know expect more than we get ,
    regardless of Pardews salary compared to other managers in league , it’s the contract he signed, and it will still be a lottery changing amout of money every month rolling into his account,

listening to talk sport yesterday , mr Durham , I don’t think he really knows the situation up here , he had a poll and the last time he read out the results so far, it was only 42% wanted him out, me thinks that a lot if Sunderland supporters were voting as it means 6 points towards there survival this season with him there , as I think he hypes the players up to much for that game,

RK from Southampton , new club and new team , but already sounds and looks like he has them all singing of the same hym sheet,

• Tsunki

Sep 12, 2014 at 9:39 AM

Ha ha looks like every other eagle eyed blogger picked that up too. Slow today.

• MrMojoRisin76

Sep 12, 2014 at 9:39 AM

Firebug
    I mean that is his opinion when he’s talking about Pardew not when he’s calling people.I don’t think your a moron at all.

• Our Toon

Sep 12, 2014 at 9:42 AM

5-1 was Houghton….I’m not being funny here but that example of 5-1 is a classic case of a pardew sympathiser, doesn’t look at facts and doesn’t understand the issues

• Tsunki

Sep 12, 2014 at 9:42 AM

Mike Ashleys Gardener aged 52 (when he registered on nufcblog)?

• firebug666

Sep 12, 2014 at 9:43 AM

Average_Contents

I have seen him attack bloggers in the past, and he always comes second (defo must have been at the same school as AP), but now it’s my turn, he has shown he is a troll on every occasion, but as an adult (if he is one) he should try showing some of that respect he keeps harping on about. Sorry but Ethiotoon is a vile as the inept creature managing our club.

• hibbit

Sep 12, 2014 at 9:52 AM

ethiotoon with out doubt a troll just avoid just here to people wind up

• Mag52

Sep 12, 2014 at 9:52 AM

Laurent.

Beg pardon Laurent. It was indeed Chris Hughton managing when we did the mackems 5 – 1. Bit of senility creeping in there.

• firebug666

Sep 12, 2014 at 9:53 AM

Ethiotoon // Sep 12, 2014 at 9:30 AM

well sorry firebugg!!
    I don’t have time twattering previous posts ,may be u should find someone”!

I did mate a long time ago, and I have been very happy since. I know understand you plight much better and why you affiliate yourself so strongly with AP.

You are an egotistical little twonk who live in the same fantasy world as your hero AP. A world where dross football is the norm, lies are seen to be believed, ineptitude is a must have on your CV. But back in the real world the real supporter must strive to break down these barriers of fantasy, and bring back the poor lost and feeble souls to reality and show them that ineptitude is bad.

• Average_Contents

Sep 12, 2014 at 9:55 AM

It must be my underdeveloped brain that sees that as an insult then, no wonder my brain scan came back as inconclusive it’s basically a mong brain. How on earth do I cope with this mong brain? How can I assess our football when I’m so mongy brained? It’s quite easy actually I just open my wonky eyes and LOOK! My mongy brain then goes into overload after accessing the information received from my wonky eyes and comes to the conclusion that I’ve just watched shit for 90 minutes and I’ll never get these 90 minutes back….but hey ho what can we do eh!

That’s right we can hound out the cretin responsible for results on the pitch then focus on his fat kunt of a boss.

• Ethiotoon

Sep 12, 2014 at 9:56 AM

mojo@29..thanks mate.and I assume firebugg is matured person but unable to control his temper like eleven year old boy.he likes to sway words here and there.
    I don’t like you either.I told u to find someone else, get used it..

• Markaccus

Sep 12, 2014 at 9:57 AM

Catchy

we rarely see eye to eye, but i totally agree with your last post. His football hasn’t improved, while younger progressive managers slowly are taking over lesser teams and making them better.

• MrMojoRisin76

Sep 12, 2014 at 9:59 AM

AC
    I think you might have just crossed the line with that post,did you not think that most of that message could be offensive to some people.Wtf?

• lesh

Sep 12, 2014 at 9:59 AM

Average_Contents

You took your name from a box of matches?

Eh? Swan Vestas??