This Player Gives Newcastle A Winning Attitude

With Newcastle’s Chief Scout Graham Carr scouting for defensive midfielders, the rumors that Cheick Tiote may want to be the next good player to leave Newcastle could be true, and we suppose he could even be allowed to leave in January,  if money continues to be more important than the team at Newcastle.

Cheick Tiote wednesday-3

Cheick Tiote – in action in pre-season

The 28-year-old 48 times capped Ivory Coast International will return to Newcastle today free of any injury, and Alan Pardew talked yesterday of how important Cheick is to the Newcastle side:

“Hopefully he’s okay,” “I wouldn’t have thought Cheick will be ready to start, not after not having a game and then playing two 90-minute games for his country, but he’ll certainly be in the squad if he’s fit, for sure.”

“I think it is important because what Cheick gives us is a winning mentality, and sometimes that over spills a bit in the odd tackle and yellow card here and there, but his focus is to win games and that drive from midfield is probably the strength of this team.”

“We’ve got Jack Colback in there, we’ve got Moussa Sissoko, we’ve got Vurnon and, of course, Cheick.”

We should see Cheick make his first appearance of the season for Newcastle tomorrow at St. Mary’s, and we are hoping for the win.

When you look in the cool light of day at the four games Newcastle have played so far this season, the only sub-par performance was against Crystal Palace last time out in the 3-3 draw.

But that poor performance had a big impact simply because we’ve had two weeks to stew over a game we really should have won.

Maybe we make up for that disappointment tomorrow with a win?

Hope so.

What do you think?

You can follow us on our three social media sites below:

• MrMojoRisin76

Sep 12, 2014 at 8:37 AM

Repost
    Rotonda
    He’s having to have a go at other bloggers because he get’s attacked by people every time he’s on.3 bloggers were ridiculing him the other night because he said we got 6 wins in a row in November,we got 5 out of 6 so he was a bit wrong but they hammered him.I don’t agree with some of the things he’s said but he has some good points.

• MrMojoRisin76

Sep 12, 2014 at 8:49 AM

Rotonda
    Ethio has chosen a delightful array of spiteful names to call people and has sought to continuously wind up anti AP people with provocative comments, (sound familiar,) so I would call that ”trolling” wouldn’t you?

Imo that’s his honest view,i don’t think he’s trolling.And i started respecting your opinion last week when i posted an olive branch to you,you must have missed it.Somewhere around when i was looking for evidence you wanted Moyes.

• firebug666

Sep 12, 2014 at 8:50 AM

Repost

MrMojoRisin76

You say he is not a troll, and that his posts are good ones, I have never uttered a bad word to him, or anyone really but he finds it amusing to attack other bloggers.

Ethiotoon // Sep 12, 2014 at 7:56 AM

Firebugg.. ur hatred against the mgr looks personal,
    not football related.like catchy!!

firebug666 // Sep 12, 2014 at 8:07 AM

Ethiotoon

I have been a fan of Newcastle United for over 40 years mate, Damn right I take it personally when an idiot take control of my club, and installs the most inept, cretinous thing on the planet as manager.

Your support is from a distance, my support is on the doorstep more or less, When we lose badly you can sit back in your armchair, take a deep breath and say Ah well we may win next time. I on the other hand have a weeks worth of ribbing and bantering from the makems to contend with because the inept creature (that you appear to love) has embarrassed my club yet again. This has been the same way for years now…..Personal? You bet it is.

Ethiotoon // Sep 12, 2014 at 8:33 AM

This blog start turning in to chaos!!
    whether u support from far end or on doorsteps remains the same,we all want our club to succeed.
    but talking same shit about the mgr everyday, every minute,every word is nonsense!!
    more morons!cheapskates!!
    Rotonda
    why r u posting someone else’s post? This shows u have no clue about FB? goblet!!

Says it all really.

• Average_Contents

Sep 12, 2014 at 8:51 AM

Oh yes you mean trying to back the manager with untrue statements. Or talking utter tosh, yes I remember, sorry about feeling the need to correct someone when they talk bollox. Fcuk me.

He constantly harps on about how good he is but fails to grasp that he’s shite..end of

• Ethiotoon

Sep 12, 2014 at 8:52 AM

mojorisin,, Rotonda doesn’t know the meaning of the word ” respect”,if u r chatting with one of the worst blogger in here,u r wasting ur time!!

• MrMojoRisin76

Sep 12, 2014 at 8:55 AM

AC
    It’s not Ethio’s fault that some people are so mentally undeveloped that you can’t take someone else’s opinion,it say’s far more about you’s than it does Ethio.

• Laurent Robert 32

Sep 12, 2014 at 8:56 AM

Alan’s Thought of the Day

“I think when we score it will be from a penalty or a set play or maybe a shot from the edge of the area or a ricochet. Hopefully.”

…and he doesn’t rely on lucky goals?

Get out, Alan. A storm is heading your way.

• Mag52

Sep 12, 2014 at 8:57 AM

Rotonda.

In your response to Ethiotoon you admit that AP had a ‘good’ season. Are you sure you don’t want to take that back ? Surely you meant to say a ‘lucky’ season, or a season in which there was no competition at the top of the table, or a season in which we scored an outrageous number of jammy long range goals ?
    I know you go on to talk about the law of averages, but don’t forget that of the three top ten finishes NUFC have enjoyed in the last ten years, two have been achieved under Pardew. 2 out of 4. Law of averages ???

• Average_Contents

Sep 12, 2014 at 8:58 AM

Mr chocolate raisin

Who’s dishing out insults now eh? Before you run your mouth in protecting someone who is clearly on the wind-up and accuse other bloggers of not respecting his views maybe you should check your own insults! Moron

• Laurent Robert 32

Sep 12, 2014 at 8:58 AM

Where’s the commitment and honesty in your TW Derby record Pardew? -SP

Alan Pardew has conceded as many goals against Sunderland as manager of Newcastle United as Keegan, Dalglish, Souness, Roeder, Allardyce, Kinnear and Hughton combined (11).

• firebug666

Sep 12, 2014 at 8:59 AM

Ethiotoon @5

Neither do you, who are you to judge who is a good blogger and who is not, what give you the right to talk about respect from other bloggers when you show none yourself.

I have NEVER in my life given anyone abuse for their opinions, but for you giving abuse has become second nature.

Answer me the following questions:

1. When have you ever received any form of abuse from me?

2. When have my posts not been football related?

3. What give you the right to judge other bloggers?

4. What gives you the right to call me a moron and cheapskate?

Time for you to man up and give some answers or did you go to the same school of diplomacy as AP?

• hibbit

Sep 12, 2014 at 9:01 AM

ethiotoon thats it you have had your fun the novelty has warn off back to the drawing board find anew id re invent your self troll

• MrMojoRisin76

Sep 12, 2014 at 9:01 AM

Average Contents
    I don’t think you know me very well,that wasn’t an insult.This is an insult.How did you come up with your name?,is it what’s in your head or what’s in your underpants?

• mecannylad

Sep 12, 2014 at 9:04 AM

I am nearly 70 years old. I love Newcastle United football club and have done since the end of the second world war ….. but I am not enjoying my love at the moment. Divorce is out of the question at my age so what can I do to re-ignite my ardour? Staying away from SJP is a no-no also, after all I don’t think I have many years left with my love.
    What can I do? … I need her to change but she won’t. Christ what a dilemma. What is the tipping point that would bring the excitement back into my life overnight?
    Winning more games, scoring more goals …. simple. Installing a likeable, enigmatic, slicker tactician as a manager would also help enormousely. Spend more money on better players.
    So what can I actually influence as an old aged supporter … I can’t score a goal, I’m not after the manager’s job, and I certainly can’t afford to buy any players….. I can’t even shout very loud these days.
    I need all your help lads. The tipping point is simple really -hard to swallow but simple. No; its not staying away from SJP. Still go to the games but try (I know it will be hard) to ignore the odd bit of postive exciting attacking play by the boys in the shirts and just give that sod in the dugout HELL.

• firebug666

Sep 12, 2014 at 9:06 AM

MrMojoRisin76 // Sep 12, 2014 at 8:52 AM

Firebug
    If your going to post that your going to have to post what and who he is reacting to so we can put it in some sort of context.

If you read it the context is there, are you deliberately trying to be ignorant?

I come on here to debate football issues, have some fun with the other bloggers, I have very strong opinions about our manager (I use the term manager lightly) and because of that you seem to think that gives Ethio, and yourself a right to start abusing me, I know you have not abused me directly, but you are supporting the troll that is.

• MrMojoRisin76

Sep 12, 2014 at 9:12 AM

Firebug
    Sorry bud.I didn’t read it properly.I honestly believe that is his opinion.

• firebug666

Sep 12, 2014 at 9:16 AM

MrMojoRisin76

And it’s ok for him to have an opinion where he calls other bloggers names, but it’s not ok for me to have an opinion?

I have to question mate; Why do you support him?

• WestOzMag

Sep 12, 2014 at 9:19 AM

The club is at such a low point now it’s own fans are incomplete meltdown against one another. This is bad times.

• nufc 11

Sep 12, 2014 at 11:00 AM

Winning mentality I dnt think AP gives his team that look at the way the rolled over last season layed down their tools and let teams dismantle them the buck stops with him how thw man is still in a job is beyond me.