Terrible News On Health Of Newcastle’s Ostracized Winger

The news is that Newcastle United ostracized winger Jonas Gutierrez has revealed in Argentina that he has testicular cancer.

Jonas Gutierrez CaRDIFF

Jonas Gutierrez – has testicular cancer

The 31 year-old has given an interview to TyC Sports in Argentina, where he been since the end of last season:

“I came here and I assumed the costs despite having a contract with Newcastle. Money is not important.What is important is the health.”

“I had to start chemotherapy . “I had the operation in Argentina, I removed the left testicle. I returned to England and Newcastle told me to leave.”

“I detected a tumor in a testicle . When I confirmed the cancer, I went home crying.”

That doesn’t sound good – and we are assuming that Newcastle United will do the right thing and pick up the costs of Jonas’ treatment in Argentina, and do anything else that can help their employee.

Jonas is in his last year of his contract at Newcastle and even though – like Hatem Ben Arfa before him – he has been ostracized by manager Alan Pardew – he is still an employee of Newcastle United.

We hope to see a statement on what Newcastle are going to do to help Jonas in his time of need – and it would be good to see that tomorrow on the Newcastle web-site.

This should have been announced by the club, but maybe they have been blindsided by Jonas’ announcement – but it doesn’t look like it.

Some quick action is now needed on Jonas’ behalf from Newcastle United.

Jonas has played 194 times for the club with 11 goals since joining us back in the summer of 2008.

Here is Jonas’ Twitter account if you want to send him your best wishes – he needs as much support as possible.

You can follow us on our three social media sites below:

• mindshaft

Sep 16, 2014 at 10:32 PM

Get well soon Jonas

Typically sh!t behaviour from the toon regime, compare this to how Villa treated Petrov – disgraceful, embarrassing and spiteful

• nufc786

Sep 16, 2014 at 10:32 PM

Thump
    let jonas know the toon army will be with him…

regardless of all those issue forget pardew forget ashley

• mindshaft

Sep 16, 2014 at 10:32 PM

This club is getting worse by the day

• BigB75

Sep 16, 2014 at 10:33 PM

MA, Lee and PArds are the biggest pieces of SH*t!!!! disgraceful!!!!!

• sweendog

Sep 16, 2014 at 10:34 PM

worrying quotes are
    “I had the operation in Argentina , I removed the left testicle . I returned to England and the coach of Newcastle told me to leave , “he said. The player had to leave the club and came to Norwich , where he had continuity.

• dazzler

Sep 16, 2014 at 10:34 PM

Thump that’s not what I’m getting at. if Jonas wanted privacy, (and I agree who can blame him?) why is it only now we find out? The same week the fans turn on Pardew completely, and the wording of the statement suggests pardew was a complete kunt about it. It’s all conveniently timed.

Regardless of that it’s horrific to have that happen to anyone, and Jonas always has given everything for the shirt, and deserves to be treated with the love and respect he has most definitely earned and I hope between all the inevitable animosity that will surround the hull match, Jonas will be given a moment of thought.

• NUFCJackW

Sep 16, 2014 at 10:34 PM

Awful news. I really hope that we didnt tell him to leave and it was just a translation error because that is disgraceful. We really have no class at all. None… Its not even class, its Respect for someone who always played his heart out for us and showed so much passion. Hate our heirarchy so f’ing much!!! Get well Jonas !! Get f’cked Newcastle board!!

• Tsunki

Sep 16, 2014 at 10:34 PM

Will be interesting to see how this pans out in the cobwebbed halls of nufc. What a tangled web we weave……

• Nattfare

Sep 16, 2014 at 10:35 PM

I wish you a full recover from this, Jonás lad.

Cancer is a funken shitdisease to have.

• sweendog

Sep 16, 2014 at 10:35 PM

nice bunch running our club

• Average_Contents

Sep 16, 2014 at 10:36 PM

t’s all getting tied with a nice bow isn’t it eh?

It was last season that the colo rumours started out with him arguing with hba and annoyed he walked back into the team (quite ironic considering colo does it on a monthly basis) then there was the supposed dinner with fatty leading us to believe he has some sort of sway or is a “power player” add them together and what do we have?

Colo ousted benny and runs the dressing room, holds team briefings AND has a say in tactics/formations.

Like I said gift wrapped with a twist!

Also similar is the casino loan which has been bandied around for ages but this time with the twist being, money up front.

Gift wrapped again!

Anyone else getting a theme?

Surely a whiff?

God help us all

By the way dazzler, It wasn’t me claiming this it’s hatem

• sweendog

Sep 16, 2014 at 10:36 PM

dazzler .. not sure what your point is .. jonas ‘s point is he has cancer

• Belfast

Sep 16, 2014 at 10:37 PM

It’s good to echo with me average contents.

I am the king after all 😉

Bad translation definitely that’s my take on it, or it’s coming out now to do the maximum damage to Percy.

• Tsunki

Sep 16, 2014 at 10:37 PM

Well the full story might be stranger still. Best keep the pitchforks on ice for the moment.

• sweendog

Sep 16, 2014 at 10:39 PM

Average_Contents .. agreed .. do you think there’s a power struggle and collo wants pardew out as well .. don’t want collo as manger though as we need proven managers .. would be handy for someone to work with him though ..

• Belfast

Sep 16, 2014 at 10:41 PM

All very strange anyway.

I wish him well.

Chronicle with another great exclusive eh ? They had him playing in Argentina then the championship.

• dazzler

Sep 16, 2014 at 10:42 PM

Sweendog, I acknowledged that he has cancer and it is a sickener. I don’t dispute that and my thoughts are with him.

I am simply saying that it is strange that it comes out now when we are all baying for blood. I could just be reading too much into it, but it is yet another thing that doesn’t exactly bathe our illustrious manager and his boss in glorious light.

• beermonkey

Sep 16, 2014 at 10:42 PM

firstly get well soon Jonas

the club were really good with the last tragedy to hit the club I cant believe this is true
    I know we have a bunch of arses running the club wut this is a step to far even for them

• Belfast

Sep 16, 2014 at 10:43 PM

He’s not even a good captain, so I doubt he’d offer much as a manager to be honest

• Thump

Sep 16, 2014 at 10:44 PM

@dazzler: Sure, I get it, but I think it’s likely just to be a coincidence. Pardew has kept very tight lipped on Jonas, whereas he hasn’t been on Mbiwa and Ben Arfa. We’re also assuming that this was at the start of this season. It could have been when he returned from Norwich, and it was likely to have been pre-chemo. Let’s not forget that things get lost in translation.

Look, there might be more to it, it’s likely that there isn’t. This is about Jonas, not Pardew or anybody else. Let’s not taint it, eh?

• sweendog

Sep 16, 2014 at 10:45 PM

dazzler .. yep but this was going to come out at some point .. got to feel for Guti though .. I don’t care about timing … the reference to the Pardew is damning to say the least.

• stuart no9

Sep 16, 2014 at 10:46 PM

it just gets worse and worse at NUFC /. The club is the dregs of world football, Get well soon jonas , we are with you all the way . My son , who you k now very well still tells me about the nights out you had with him in tup tup palace and how you greeted other members of my family by hugging and kissing them , thanks for that and hope you get well very soon .

• Belfast

Sep 16, 2014 at 10:46 PM

You could be right dazzler it could be being used to make Pardew or Ashley look bad.

It just looks like a bad translation to me.

• Hubris

Sep 16, 2014 at 10:47 PM

Somewhere along the line some bright spark is going to suggest that this a more than a sad personal horror story.
    It will be claimed Ashley is behind the timing of this. And that Pardew is being thrown to the lions.
    Cue “let’s just forget the protests on Saturday and be nice to each other” comments.
    Maybe Jonas it is just Jonas thinking he is serving up a bit of revenge.
    I said I hope no-one would try to make capital out of this. But people will, and the timing stinks.

• Belfast

Sep 16, 2014 at 10:48 PM

Would be a real low in the already low standards we usually set.

• dazzler

Sep 16, 2014 at 10:49 PM

Well the wording in the mail appears to miss off the point where he mentions the club/pardew so it could all have been a conveniently poor translation in order to stoke the fires and take the subject away from jonas. I’m sure now this will be brought up in the press conference on Thursday. Jonas deserves the support of the club and the fans. If there is one person in our squad who has, it would be him.

• Average_Contents

Sep 16, 2014 at 10:53 PM

I don’t know what to believe Sweendog. Definitely wouldn’t want him managing though mate.

My point is that all this info can be gleaned from the Internet then mashed together to form a story but as I said with a slightly different twist of the story tellers liking.

I gave two examples on my last post of it being possible and to be honest they feel more plausible than some random fan who happens to support NUFC, coincidentally having access about the inner workings of fatty’s dealings who hapoens to be one of the most reclusive men in Britain.

Doesn’t add up but he’s got bites by holding bits back and their lapping it up 😉

• dazzler

Sep 16, 2014 at 10:53 PM

It’s fcuking horrible seeing the poor bloke without his trademark hair and Jesus beard.

• banjax

Sep 16, 2014 at 10:55 PM

You deserve better Jonas. Get well soon. You will be in everyone’s thoughts.

• dazzler

Sep 16, 2014 at 10:56 PM

A_C

Like I said previous thread. If it’s colo who is controlling the dressing room and the tactics then I most definitely don’t want him managing the club, regardless.

I agree though I think it’s all bollox but still probably wouldn’t be too surprised to see colo step in if pards eventually goes. I just hope it’s not him. If he’s a quiet leader on the pitch what’s he going to be like in a dugout? Shite, I’d presume haha.

• Average_Contents

Sep 16, 2014 at 10:56 PM

As I said earlier let’s hold our horses on this until we know the full story.

• firebug666

Sep 16, 2014 at 10:58 PM

I am sick to death of the way the scummy b@stards at this club treat people, They are a disgrace, and are bringing the good name of the fans and city down to their gutter level.

It’s time the people of the North East stood together once more and rid ourselves of this pestilence that is infesting the area.

Ashley stealing money from the club for his Sh1t direct pals, Selling off the clubs assets, and basically taking the money of the people of the North East and coming back for the eyes. Pardew and his sleazy mob walking in with smug ugly looks on their faces and destroying a once proud club. Ashley bringing in Wonga as a main sponsor to the club, a company doing it’s very best to put as many people into poverty as it can.

Time to get the Fking lot out of the North East for good.

• Offkey

Sep 16, 2014 at 11:01 PM

Hatem – If you have been a long time reader then you know we get loads of people on here claiming they know this, that or the other. This sits well with some whilst others will say ‘I dont beleive you’ or ‘BS’ then said person doesn’t say anymore………all a bit boring and very repetitive…especially if you are interested…..well done, tradition continued……..

• optimistic prime

Sep 16, 2014 at 11:02 PM

I vote for firebug

• Thump

Sep 16, 2014 at 11:03 PM

@Offkey: But he posted what he promised?

• Average_Contents

Sep 16, 2014 at 11:04 PM

Fcuk it. They probably have done it knowing they way they operate so I vote firebug too 😉

• Average_Contents

Sep 16, 2014 at 11:05 PM

Yeah Thump a twist on stories that have been available all summer mate.

• dazzler

Sep 16, 2014 at 11:06 PM

I must have missed the main pardew comment last night, something about gambling debts paid off up front. Can someone enlighten me slightly, how would that put pardew in Ashley’s debt, especially if pardew were to be tin tacked? Surely it would be Ashley who gets stung by such a deal as he’s wiped the debt off at cost, then has to still pay compo. The alternative being the up front payment being in lieu of the compo being paid?

• firebug666

Sep 16, 2014 at 11:07 PM

optimistic prime

I do too mate. 😀

If they have done this to Jonas, then you have to wonder if the tributes for John and Liam were out of repect for the families, or to raise the profile of SD, I would hate to think it was the latter, but I give them NO MORE CHANCES, I don’t want them just out of our club, I want them out of the North East Inc his tat shops.

• Offkey

Sep 16, 2014 at 11:08 PM

Thump: Which thread? I’ve spent half an hour reading people arguing about it……

Hatem – Whoops, I guess you have broken tradition……..well done…..no, I mean it this time

1 2 3 5