Newcastle In Turmoil – Similar To Six Years Ago?

Before the game last Saturday at Southampton, assistant manager John Carver was seen to go over to a contingent of Newcastle fans and tell them they should be supporting the side, and not campaigning to have the manager fired.

pardew is a muppet

Well if that was bad news on Saturday, it’s going to be a lot worse this Saturday, when a group against Pardew  is organizing banners to be held up at the game, that Alan Pardew is a muppet and he should be fired.

It will only take Newcastle to start nervously again on Saturday, and be behind by a goal or two, for these demonstrations to take over the game – and of course get all the publicity after the game – they are already getting publicity before the game.

You can bet your life that Hull manager Steve Bruce will have his players go right at Newcastle at the start of Saturday’s  game, and remember we conceded a goal after 25 seconds against Crystal Palace, and almost conceded a comical goal in the first 30 seconds at Southampton.

With the poor start to the season, the club allowing Ben Arfa and Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa to leave in the last day on loan, plus the new players not coming through quickly, the results are the disaster scenario for Newcastle.

And the news last night that Jonas Gutierrez has testicle cancer, and that is getting his own treatment in Argentina and is not being helped by his club,  does not look good for Newcastle – and we hope to hear something from Newcastle on that today.

We’ve mentioned before this situation is getting be like six years ago after Kevin Keegan left the club  – and at that time the demonstrations were all against owner Mike Ashley.

And if these demonstrations continue at Newcastle – which they will if Pardew is not fired – then we will be putting ourselves in the dubious position of being a relegation side this season and the crowd support – which is usually a positive for Newcastle – could become a negative..

And of course it doesn’t help that Ashley has banned five newspapers, and things reported by those papers are hardly going to be glowing news about Ashley.

It’s difficult to know how all of this will end unless Mike Ashley fires Alan Pardew – but then who do you think he will bring in – and it’s almost a certainty it will not be a top manager.

Newcastle fans are the best to play in front of when things are stable and going well – but almost the opposite is true when the club is in turmoil – which looks to be the case right now.

Where this will all lead to is hard to even think about.

You can follow us on our three social media sites below:

• Markaccus

Sep 17, 2014 at 9:55 AM

Muppet is a type of puppet, so this is a very accurate sign.

• catchy in norway

Sep 17, 2014 at 9:56 AM

tell me what player is really showing up in training ?. for it to come out and the players are saying he is not showing, something is wrong, POT:KETTLE : BLACK springs to mind

judge them when the new manager takes over

• firebug666

Sep 17, 2014 at 9:58 AM

Repost

Here’s one for you to think about.

Colo picks the team V Southampton, and gives the team talk. The inept one comes out, sits on the bench with a face like thunder, never moves and never says anything. Basically this is Coloccini’s show let him get on with it. The inept one gives only the interviews he is expected to do under contract, and as for the other press, he walks away… Basically it’s Colo’s show let him do it.

Just putting it out there lads and lasses.

• Munster Mag

Sep 17, 2014 at 10:00 AM

Firebug, there is some logic in that. The clocks havent gone back yet and we have relegation written all over us. In the same way as Pardew appeared from nowwhere and got the job to all our amazement, I would seriously worry that Colo is going to breeze in aswell. Worrying times .

• catchy in norway

Sep 17, 2014 at 10:00 AM

ED

you are just like all the neggers, you seem to harp on about us not getting a top manager,

WHY

why does it have to be a top manager ?

why can it not be an up and coming manager from Europe or lower leagues.

someone that has won a league, proved he has a winning mentality and can see a job through,

• toonarmydownsouth

Sep 17, 2014 at 10:01 AM

• 70TWO

Sep 17, 2014 at 10:01 AM

Ciaran

You were right about the increasing lack of quality in the first team. It is very probable a snow ball effect could take us into the Championship.

• 70TWO

Sep 17, 2014 at 10:03 AM

catchy in norway – Malky Mackey?

• Markaccus

Sep 17, 2014 at 10:04 AM

Tads

Who is who? The one on the right probably looks more pardew ish. The swollen faced one on the left should be carver. Just my thoughts 😀

• Munster Mag

Sep 17, 2014 at 10:04 AM

Catchy, i have a feeling the story is true about Ferreyra. Its easy to dismiss anything as a story, but contrast his progress with the spanish lad…

• Markaccus

Sep 17, 2014 at 10:05 AM

Jim henson did the puppets for starwars, so Jabba is fine for Ashley.

• 70TWO

Sep 17, 2014 at 10:06 AM

Its time to play the music
    Its time to light the lights
    Its time to meet the muppets on the Muppet Show tonight.

Its time put on makeup
    Its time to dress up right
    Its time to raise the curtain on the Muppet Show tonight

Why do we always come here?
    I guess we’ll never know
    Its like a kind of torture
    To have to watch the show

But now its getting started
    Why don’t you get things started?
    Its time to get things started
    On the most sensational
    Inspirational
    Celebration-al
    Muppet-ational

This is what we call The Muppet Show!

• Munster Mag

Sep 17, 2014 at 10:07 AM

Catchy, I guess its because NUFC seems to be the type of club that could eat up an inexperienced manager, bar Keegan. By fear would be that his involvement with Rangers will see us recruiting a no nonsense useless knob like Big Eck . Dont write it off ! 🙁

• Toon Tang

Sep 17, 2014 at 10:08 AM

Supposedly they’re reopening the Caminito del rey walk in spain. Defo something to stick on the ‘before I die’ list.

or in my case ‘die trying it’ list

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmDhRvvs5Xw Thats the best video

• Our Toon

Sep 17, 2014 at 10:09 AM

This isn’t anything new, players recommend other players often, remember the lad hardly played last year and hasn’t featured much this year, he needs games desperately.

For those jumping on this as Colo meddling again remember that the lad hasn’t played for us yet so is Colo really picking the team?

• Toon Tang

Sep 17, 2014 at 10:09 AM

Ps. PardWHO oot… sooner rather than later

• Our Toon

Sep 17, 2014 at 10:11 AM

Firebug and other posters

Every captain of every club gives a talk at before a match or at half time or at full time. Gerrard, Roy Keane, Evra, RVP are just a few to name. Why are you all surprised that Colo gave a HT talk?

• Go toon gooooo

Sep 17, 2014 at 10:11 AM

Pardew is a Mu..et.And where are the good news?

• HatemOrLoveHim

Sep 17, 2014 at 10:12 AM

northern mag // Sep 17, 2014 at 10:08 AM

Just reporting what i saw here. Was out for a bite to eat in Jesmond last night, in steps Colo and Lee Charnley. They had dinner for over two hours alone. Found this quite interesting with everything going on/potentially happening around the club at the moment. There was plenty of conversation going on but sadly didnt have my hearing aid in (ha-ha). Seems strange that an MD and club captain would go for a meal alone at this time………

If that happened then again another fishy sign. Scumbags the lot of them.

• toonarmydownsouth

Sep 17, 2014 at 10:13 AM

Munster
    Aye Perez looks canny but even with impressing he’s still barely getting a sniff!
    Ferreyra must look truly awful to not get a shout in this set up

• optimistic prime

Sep 17, 2014 at 10:15 AM

I can’t beleive colo even gets a game never mind being the captain.
    He’s garbage and I don’t buy into he was once a really good player for NUFC as he wasn’t! He’s played one good season the rest of the time he’s been terrible!

He’s played like a sweeper the whole time he’s been here, he used to send Taylor to make the challenge pick up the loose ball up and play out of defence under no pressure.
    Now he has no one to do his running people are seeing the true colo, poor centre back at best.

If colo is picking the team and Chucky was his selection it’s a disgrace, colo should be no where near this club all those people offering him their wives and giving him cult status because of his cr@p haircut should be ashamed.

• Hubris

Sep 17, 2014 at 10:16 AM

This all reminds me of the last year of a falling Government. Secret briefings against colleagues, the deputy chief offering people out in public, disorder breaking out and “crisis, what crisis?” messages from the top. And unless someone starts kicking the ball in the goal soon, their legendary ability to “be really ‘orrible” isn’t going to help them much.

• jayphoto

Sep 17, 2014 at 10:17 AM

Personally don’t ever think we should play 1 up front at home! Especially if that 1 is Riviere! Watched this lad for years, he is NOT a lone striker! At St Ettiene he was best playing left of a front 3 and at monaco he was best as a number 10 to falcaos number 9! Hes a good striker at forming partnerships and works hard for the team! Surely Arma should be close?? We have nothing else…

• ilovetoon8788

Sep 17, 2014 at 10:18 AM

It’s shocking how much power colo holds and is damaging us.

It certainly explains why he was shooed straight the first team even though mbiwa was playing well. He is undroppable.

• jayphoto

Sep 17, 2014 at 10:19 AM

Ironically the lone striker in a defensive 4-2-3-1/4-5-1 is the postion Gouffran was most effective in at Bordeaux…

• Average_Contents

Sep 17, 2014 at 10:19 AM

The Coloccini-ferrayra link was mentioned when he first signed and the papers reported it back then as colo might of recommended him, so no Hatem it doesn’t back up your story or add credence.

As I’ve said repeatedly your stories are available on the Internet, Facebook, twatter and even on here but then you add your own twist to make it sound “exciting”. Basically your using previous stories/rumours and you’ve tied them all together with your version.

You’ve done the same with the gambling, the same with colo, the same with hba as you tried to do last night by stating tiote wasn’t injured.

I myself mentioned this as a possibility of underhand tactics but it’s just that, a theory. You’ve elaborated on other people’s rumours and hearsay. That’s all.

Give us something unreported with proof then you might be taken seriously mate.

But I’ll give you an A+ for effort and making people lap it up.

I’m all for having snippets of info but I take everything with a pinch of salt anyway, torqtoon for example was hounded out by posters for reporting what he’d heard. The difference being is, he seemed genuine whereas you seem false. Can’t quite put my finger on it but it may be the way you “announced” yourself on the blog with bluster claiming this and that and all will be revealed shortly, kept some people hanging on and on and on. Then proceeded to re-hash rumours with “added” bits. Threatening not to post anymore info again but mentioned you had more on the colo, hba and mym stories.

Funnily enough that’s what people want to hear isn’t it?

Oh and the other difference between you and torqtoon is, he just posted it, you wait and wait and wait until people are begging to hear what you have to say!

Again well done they lapped it up 😀

• martoon

Sep 17, 2014 at 10:21 AM

It might be worth a small wager on Colo as next manager – I wonder what the odds are for that?

• 70TWO

Sep 17, 2014 at 10:22 AM

• optimistic prime

Sep 17, 2014 at 10:22 AM

Our toon

The idea of him being our captain sickens me, his holidays etc.
    So when rumours go around he could be our new manager it outrages me and I’ll say now if it happens I’m walking away, colo will be the final nail in the coffin and I won’t be there to watch any of it.

• 70TWO

Sep 17, 2014 at 10:23 AM

jayphoto – I had noticed that whilst the wingers and midfielders swap, Riviere and Gouffran never do.

• jimmysmith

Sep 17, 2014 at 10:25 AM

I think we should play Gouffran and Rivierre up top together. Roles they are both familiar with. Cabella in the hole. Sissoko right mid, Colback left and Tiote patrolling in front of Taylor and Collocini, with Haidarra and Janmaat bombing on. Go right at them from the off, and keep looking to attack, try to get the crowd onside early, it’s looking our only real hope, get some momentum. I’m not at such a low ebb that I’m hoping for a home defeat to oust the manager. I just hope it’s not a timid, anxious or worse disinterested and lacklustre performance. You might as well come out swinging.

• jayphoto

Sep 17, 2014 at 10:25 AM

Not sure what to make of this colo manages the team stuff as 6 games aside 3 years ago we’ve played the same dire tactics and predictable lineup for 4 seasons under Pardew… They also mirror the tactics he played at Reading and West Ham (didnt see his southampton team) Surely if colo had taken over we’d see a difference be it good or bad

• ilovetoon8788

Sep 17, 2014 at 10:25 AM

Rivierre was great at Monaco because he had Falcao leading the line for him.

Our tactical genius decides to use him as a line striker. Lol

• catchy in norway

Sep 17, 2014 at 10:26 AM

munster

I think it could be true also, but the bit where it says the players, that gets to me, none of them are playing to there potential

Martinez, poyet, laudrup, Rodgers, all with un fancied clubs, all played the game right

• HatemOrLoveHim

Sep 17, 2014 at 10:26 AM

AC I hate having to repeat myself but let me spell it out for you.

I told everyone that I would have to speak to the brothers before I post anything and that I was seeing them at 10 which is why I said midnight. I didn’t ask people to stay up they could have read it in the morning.

With regards to tiote yes your right but if you open your eyes instead of your mouth you will see I said I know everyone knows but I am merely confirming it.

All the other stuff I have written is again a rumour if you will as I never claimed to know all of the truth. For the last time I posted what I had heard. Not one person suggested Ashley paying some of his contract upfront so twisting information is untrue.

I threatened to stop posting? Really? I took mark’s advice and said I won’t post about what I had heard anymore but again if you read I said I would continue to post as normal.

I would go on and on but is getting tiring having to repeat myself.

• catchy in norway

Sep 17, 2014 at 10:26 AM

Neil Adams

• Slank

Sep 17, 2014 at 10:27 AM

I find many of the fans are being totally two faced about whether Colo had his friend Ferreyra signed by the club.

I didn’t hear any complaints when Cabaye had his best friend Debuchy signed up.

• 70TWO

Sep 17, 2014 at 10:27 AM

Collo and Charnley could have been discussing a plan of action to entice Alejandro (fall backwards) Sabella???

• Slank

Sep 17, 2014 at 10:30 AM

ilovetoon8788 @ 33

‘..Rivierre was great at Monaco because he had Falcao leading the line for him..’ Our tactical genius decides to use him as a line striker..’.

And who would you have us leading the line ?

• Our Toon

Sep 17, 2014 at 10:30 AM

AC

People with no hope will believe anything. I have to say I firmly stand with you on this but some people just swallow what they are fed.

Most captains weigh in on team talks, players recommend others often…as for the gambling thing it all could have been avoided by sacking the dunce for his headbutt with no more compensation.

1 2 3 6