Report That New Signing For Newcastle A Bust

Fans may have been wondering why our new loan signing Facundo Ferreyra has not even been on the bench much at all this season for Newcastle, but the news out today is not good for Newcastle fans.

Facundo Ferreyra 123

Facundo Ferreyra – not showing through in training

The Chronicle is reporting that Facundo is simply not showing through in training, and maybe that’s why he saw limited playing time last season at his new club Shakhtar Donetsk, where he played only 22 times and scored 6 goals.

Newcastle’s players are supposed to be shocked at his lack of progress in training, so we just have to hope this is an accurate report – because this sort of news is going to be covered a lot today and in the next few days.

If Facundo is proving to be a bust, it  would mean we have little striking power up front – as we had thought – because with Siem de Jong out for four months, it looks like the Argentine U20 International will not be able to fill the breach.

Ferreyra did not play in the U21 team’s 2-1 win over Wolves on Monday night, so maybe he is being kept for Saturday’s home game against Hull City – but this is bring interpreted as if he isn’t good enough for the U21 side – which seems a bit of a stretch.

A source close to the players has told the Chronicle this:

“He hasn’t even managed to get a regular game for the reserves.” “And there have been a few raised eyebrows in training.

“But he came to the club as a friend of the captain Coloccini and isn’t thought to be the manager’s pick.”

As we said before we just hope there is some truth in the report, and he is being compared with Xisco – who was a complete bust when he brought in from Deportivo on the last day of the transfer window back in August of 2008.

The lad simply wasn’t good enough for the Premier League, but stayed four and a half years of his five year contract, picking up a massive £50K/week in the process.

But Facundo is on a  one year loan deal, and we suppose if he doesn’t come through,  we could always cut the loan deal short, but when he was signed the news was that the Magpies had been tracking him for two years.

But with demonstrations and banners against Alan Pardew planned for the  Hull City game on Saturday, this is looking more and more like the mess we were in six years ago.

It’s hard to see with everything going on, how we can get 3 points on Saturday,and it appears there is once again turmoil off the field.

And if Saturday is anything to go by, there is turmoil on the field also – with the players’ confidence shot.

We have two points from our first four games and are currently bottom of the league having conceded a massive 10 goals.

Things are not looking very good at the moment, and that’s an understatement.

You can follow us on our three social media sites below:

• firebug666

Sep 17, 2014 at 9:21 AM

It seems Colo does have to much power if a player can be brought in because he is a friend.

• beermonkey

Sep 17, 2014 at 9:22 AM

it appears that capt colo is damaging the club in more than just the way he is playing

I truly hope any new manager ousts him as captain

• Markaccus

Sep 17, 2014 at 9:24 AM

Ffs

only at NUFC

• Markaccus

Sep 17, 2014 at 9:25 AM

LR32

Even with a new manager, our CBs are probably not the best to be starting attacks from deep

Markaccus

September 17, 2014

Firebug

didn’t toon bano used to post on here?
    Interesting to read that bit about having kids. Chemo POSSIBLY makes you infertile, especially since his is going to be targeting hes remaining conker. They probably gave him the option of storing some tadpoles for later, like. They did with me.

• hibbit

Sep 17, 2014 at 9:27 AM

steve stone told me 2 weeks ago that he had no pre season and was way behind the other players the club thought oct. i put it on here then he also told me he was a mate of colo

• Lew Davies

Sep 17, 2014 at 9:28 AM

Another nail in the NUFC coffin.
    Going DOWN :(:

• beermonkey

Sep 17, 2014 at 9:32 AM

we have a striker in Armstrong who is banging them in for the reserves and England youth none of our first team strikers have scored yet I bet Armstrong don’t make the bench at the weekend

what a manager what a captain come on ash do the right thing

• firebug666

Sep 17, 2014 at 9:36 AM

Repost

Markaccus

It will depend on how the Argentine medical service works. I would hope he has a chance to have kids. Over here I know everyone is given the option, well depending on age. It would be nice to think he was given the option.

• HatemOrLoveHim

Sep 17, 2014 at 9:38 AM

I hate to say i told you so. Still doesn’t prove everything I’ve said but maybe increases the possibility of its accuracy. Little slime ball

• firebug666

Sep 17, 2014 at 9:39 AM

Markaccus

Yes i think “toon bano” was a poster on here mate. Rings a bell.

• Ciaran

Sep 17, 2014 at 9:39 AM

I know it’s early in the season and we don’t want to hit the panic button just yet, but does anyone else think that the early season signs look ominous for a season of relegation battling?

• Rotonda heights

Sep 17, 2014 at 9:41 AM

Firebug

But isn’t Jonas Colo’s best mate and he’s been treated appallingly.

Chucky not showing up in training could mean jack s–t, just not very good in AP’s eyes possibly.

• firebug666

Sep 17, 2014 at 9:43 AM

What worries me is Coloccini wanted to be away, he wanted to play for San Lorenzo or something like that. Then he has dinner with jabba the hut and now appears to have more power in the club than the inept one. It seem his power began to rise after his dinner with Jabba.

This should worry all Toon fans, Colo has to go.

• firebug666

Sep 17, 2014 at 9:50 AM

Rotonda heights

I agree with Colo and Jonas being mates, but if colo is looking to climb the ladder at Newcastle, and has his head full of empty promises from Ashley, I don’t think he would have much problem brushing Jonas aside…If indeed that is what he has done.

It makes you think though that if colo is pulling the strings in the dressing room, sacking the inept one could be just like sacking a whistle blower, and keeping him on is keeping him quiet.

• midweek weekend

Sep 17, 2014 at 9:51 AM

Ciaran

That’s a fair comment if we seriously don’t oust pardew then surely we’ll be in for a relegation scrap which I’d be surprised we survived

• Rotonda heights

Sep 17, 2014 at 9:51 AM

firebug

Don’t know what to think about Colo really.
    Yes he made a big play to get away and his form has been shocking and not just this season either. He hardly comes across as an on the field leader either.

On the other hand he is a ball player who would probably still be great as a sweeper, he’s young for a player/manager and he’s obviously got a Latin pedigree so in theory football should be better to watch.

• catchy in norway

Sep 17, 2014 at 9:51 AM

tell me what player is really showing up in training ?. for it to come out and the players are saying he is not showing, something is wrong, POT:KETTLE : BLACK springs to mind

judge them when the new manager takes over

• TheToonKing

Sep 17, 2014 at 9:53 AM

the manner in which this season has turned to sh1t in the matter of weeks, and how bad it is right now…I’m seriously afraid we’re going to get relegated…

• firebug666

Sep 17, 2014 at 9:55 AM

Here’s one for you to think about.

Colo picks the team V Southampton, and gives the team talk. The inept one comes out, sits on the bench with a face like thunder, never moves and never says anything. Basically this is Coloccini’s show let him get on with it. The inept one gives only the interviews he is expected to do under contract, and as for the other press, he walks away… Basically it’s Colo’s show let him do it.

Just putting it out there lads and lasses.

• catchy in norway

Sep 17, 2014 at 9:55 AM

if pardew is gone in the next 3 weeks, I have no fear of us going down.

I think the right manager should be able to turn it around

• toonarmydownsouth

Sep 17, 2014 at 9:57 AM

Wow you must be really sh1te in training to raise eyebrows given how most our lads are playing!!

• Munster Mag

Sep 17, 2014 at 9:58 AM

The clocks havent gone bacj yet and we have relegation written all over us. In the same way as Pardew appeared from nowwhere and got the job to all our amazement, I would seriously worry that Colo is going to breeze in aswell. Worrying times .

• Wandering Geordie

Sep 17, 2014 at 10:01 AM

Not training well due to the Fwits that’s running it-simple as

• Our Toon

Sep 17, 2014 at 10:07 AM

This isn’t anything new, players recommend other players often, remember the lad hardly played last year and hasn’t featured much this year, he needs games desperately.

For those jumping on this as Colo meddling again remember that the lad hasn’t played for us yet so is Colo really picking the team?

• northern mag

Sep 17, 2014 at 10:08 AM

Just reporting what i saw here. Was out for a bite to eat in Jesmond last night, in steps Colo and Lee Charnley. They had dinner for over two hours alone. Found this quite interesting with everything going on/potentially happening around the club at the moment. There was plenty of conversation going on but sadly didnt have my hearing aid in (ha-ha). Seems strange that an MD and club captain would go for a meal alone at this time………

• Average_Contents

Sep 17, 2014 at 10:11 AM

The Coloccini-ferrayra link was mentioned when he first signed and the papers reported it back then as colo might of recommended him, so no Hatem it doesn’t back up your story or add credence.

As I’ve said repeatedly your stories are available on the Internet, Facebook, twatter and even on here but then you add your own twist to make it sound “exciting”. Basically your using previous stories/rumours and you’ve tied them all together with your version.

You’ve done the same with the gambling, the same with colo, the same with hba as you tried to do last night by stating tiote wasn’t injured.

I myself mentioned this as a possibility of underhand tactics but it’s just that, a theory. You’ve elaborated on other people’s rumours and hearsay. That’s all.

Give us something unreported with proof then you might be taken seriously mate.

But I’ll give you an A+ for effort and making people lap it up.

I’m all for having snippets of info but I take everything with a pinch of salt anyway, torqtoon for example was hounded out by posters for reporting what he’d heard. The difference being is, he seemed genuine whereas you seem false. Can’t quite put my finger on it but it may be the way you “announced” yourself on the blog with bluster claiming this and that and all will be revealed shortly, kept some people hanging on and on and on. Then proceeded to re-hash rumours with “added” bits. Threatening not to post anymore info again but mentioned you had more on the colo, hba and mym stories.

Funnily enough that’s what people want to hear isn’t it?

Oh and the other difference between you and torqtoon is, he just posted it, you wait and wait and wait until people are begging to hear what you have to say!

Again well done they lapped it up 😀

• spaghetti bandit

Sep 17, 2014 at 10:13 AM

I think everyone is reading wayy too much into how good friends the pair of them are,, where have they had the time to strike this friendship,, colos been here since 2008,, they have never been in th same national squad and they also have a considerable age difference which would account for youth squads,, are they even both from San lorenzo,, wouldn’t surprise me if the only link they had between them was that there both argentinian..

• HatemOrLoveHim

Sep 17, 2014 at 10:22 AM

AC I hate having to repeat myself but let me spell it out for you.

I told everyone that I would have to speak to the brothers before I post anything and that I was seeing them at 10 which is why I said midnight. I didn’t ask people to stay up they could have read it in the morning.

With regards to tiote yes your right but if you open your eyes instead of your mouth you will see I said I know everyone knows but I am merely confirming it.

All the other stuff I have written is again a rumour if you will as I never claimed to know all of the truth. For the last time I posted what I had heard. Not one person suggested Ashley paying some of his contract upfront so twisting information is untrue.

I threatened to stop posting? Really? I took mark’s advice and said I won’t post about what I had heard anymore but again if you read I said I would continue to post as normal.

I would go on and on but is getting tiring having to repeat myself.

• c-dog

Sep 17, 2014 at 1:14 PM

When we signed Riviere I had a look at his stats and though he was signed as a second/third choice striker. As a replacement for Ameobi. When Ferreyra signed I though, “Christ”, Riviere is going to be number one. Turns out that’s what’s happened. Probably because the penny pinching proved too much to bring in top targets such as Remy & Lacazette. This report desrcibes Ferreyra as a bust. Looking at his stats, has he ever really been anything else. This report should also include Riviere beside every mention of Ferreyra.

• levithefish

Sep 17, 2014 at 8:19 PM

I’m not going to judge the guy till I see him in action! Failing to meet the mark in training, are these the same training sessions that have been turning out crap performances since xmas?? Think they’re all failing in that case! With Pardew, Carver & Stone, great judges of players & tactics them 3! Maybe the lads clued up & can see what a joke is going on around him? Just a thought!