Alan Pardew Seems Closer To Being Sacked

Newcastle United manager Alan Pardew has said that after the humiliation last Saturday at Southampton, when we taken to the cleaners 4-0 for the second time running on the south coast, the Newcastle manager had a long conversation with Newcastle owner Mike Ashley on the day after the game.

alan pardew behind mike ashley painful

Alan Pardew and Mike Ashley

This is what Alan Pardew has said today during his news conference for the upcoming Hull City game, about what has happened since the Saints game:

“It has not been an easy week,” “I’ve spoken to the group about it and if we go behind in games we have to show a better spirit.¨

“I had a long conversation with Mike Ashley on Sunday. We both agreed to focus on this Saturday and try to get a win for Newcastle.”

What Alan doesn’t say there, is in what was a long conversation – what other things were said.

If we were to hazard a guess at what Ashley said, it would be that the results so far this season are unacceptable, especially with all the new players Newcastle have brought in,  and Alan and the team must improve quickly – otherwise changes will be made.

It seems to us that if Newcastle are beaten again on Saturday, it’s almost certain that Mike Ashley will then call time on Alan Pardew being manager at the club – and Sunday’s conversation could have included such a warning.

The manager and the fans are not going to be helped by the massive demonstrations  planned against Pardew at St. James’ Park on Saturday – and you can bet the media will be all over that – both and after the game, whatever the result.

If it’s another defeat there will be even more calls for Alan Pardew to be fired.

It’s going to be a hostile atmosphere for the players on Saturday – no doubt about that – but it’s also time our players showed some guts, fight, courage and spirit, and not go down without a fight, as they did last week at Southampton.

Maybe Alan can talk about the guts and spirit Jonas Gutierrez has shown in his fight against cancer over the last year, and use that to try to inspire the players into going all out and playing at their very best on Saturday afternoon.

It’s time for some of our players to grow up – and quickly too.

You can follow us on our three social media sites below:

• thevirus

Sep 18, 2014 at 3:50 PM

Sack him he’s useless ,no more excuses he’s not up to the job and never has been.

• JAMSHA(PARDEW SLAYER)

Sep 18, 2014 at 3:52 PM

SACK THE CLOWN .COM

• Our Toon

Sep 18, 2014 at 3:53 PM

Jimmy

I know it’s an alien concept for you to understand mate but HBA wasn’t going to get used so how can you use that as an excuse now as not being replaced? Didn’t pardew come out and say he has a squad capable if competing for champions league now?

You ask who would be good enough and make excuses for pardew for reasons unbeknown but no team has suffered more than Southampton, they had 6 new players starting on saturday and beat us by the same score as last year. They also have a new manager and have sold key players right down the spine of there squad whilst having rodriguez injured.

Dortmund have lost key players every year and managed to progress. As have Ath Madrid, it’s a crazy concept that a team can lose players but still compete whilst being smart with the limited funds they do spend.

• Average_Contents

Sep 18, 2014 at 3:54 PM

So basically alan you gave fatty your excuses for what’s happening and again he’s believed you or simply doesn’t care either way! Get to fcuk you smarmy twat!

• usmagpie

Sep 18, 2014 at 3:54 PM

Sorry but even if we win he’s just does not have the passion for the club and the drive the players need to get behind there manager. I am torn for the Hull Game, 70% of me wants us to win but 30% want us to lose the game. I know weird right as I always want us to win no matter what. But my thinking is if we lose and we get say Moyes in, he will have nearly the whole season to change things at the club, honestly I don’t see a future for this season with Pards being the manager.

• Markaccus

Sep 18, 2014 at 3:57 PM

I wonder if Ashley, who really knows less than the common sparrow about football, said “For fcuks sake, Alan, ditch that 4231 and try attacking, you C0CK!

• geordiemark

Sep 18, 2014 at 3:59 PM

any other manager in any other league anywhere in world football would have been sacked on the spot with what pardew done at hull city last season and what does Ashley do sticks with him both of them should get the full force treatment from the toon army starting v hull city on Saturday they both hold us all in contempt so fcuk em parden my French

• firebug666

Sep 18, 2014 at 3:59 PM

catchy in norway

Excellent post on previous thread.

• Peter Gillan

Sep 18, 2014 at 4:00 PM

Not long now until he’s gone, let’s hope Pulis gets the Cardiff job as he’s favourite for the Newcastle job.

• kevymartins

Sep 18, 2014 at 4:01 PM

Steve Bruce to thrash us make a little boy out of pardew and get him shown the door.

Come on brucey. In bruce we trust.

• Wayayman

Sep 18, 2014 at 4:02 PM

From Sky Sport, Pardew said ‘We’ve had good times here too, which seems to have been forgotten about”.

The bloke is utterly delusional, is he banging on about two seasons ago? Or one or two decent results in the time since? It’s a results business, but hell he should have gone months ago if that was known by Ashley.
    Time after time I’ve seen managers come here and just not get it. It IS unlike any other club in England, we’re a one club city, where the team is sometimes the one thing that will get you through the working week. Take that out of people and you’ve ripped their soul out.

anyways, he looks like he’s absolutely bricking it for Saturday. I’m not a vindictive person by any means but he really does deserve to get every bit of abuse he gets. Lies, bullsh!t and an ego the size of the Town Moor.

• Average_Contents

Sep 18, 2014 at 4:06 PM

of course he was upset about the performance. Really we focused on that. I never asked for any reassurance. All I do know is I signed a long contract here, for good and bad, and we’ve had some great times which seem to have been forgotten recently. We’ve had some tough days too, and this will be one of our toughest.

I beg to differ alan, the bad times far, far outweigh the good times. Getting trounced on at least 6- 7 occasions a SEASON and playing nothing that resembles the game of football for going on 3 isn’t “good times”

You signed a long contract? So your basically saying you have no intention of walking away. Another 6 years of that kunt and I’ll be in my fcuking grave!

• catchy in norway

Sep 18, 2014 at 4:08 PM

Dear john Carver

I hope you read this website.

you are not a fan any more , you are a guy who earns his money being a yes man, because if like the rest of us, you would have been able to see what was wrong 3 years ago and try and put things right, instead you CHOOSE to stick up for one of the main guys dragging this club and all of its TRUE supporters down.
    if you had any self respect you would stand down and walk away from what is happening, but no, you CHOOSE to abuse REAL fans who pay there hard earned money to watch the crap you and the holy one serve up to us on a weekly bases .

one thing im very happy about is you only have a few weeks left in the job.

I wish I could say good look in the future, but there isn’t many jobs out there for crap coaches like yourself

• Average_Contents

Sep 18, 2014 at 4:09 PM

Infact I need to rest my brain because as soon as he opens his mouth it melts.

Laters all.

• Markaccus

Sep 18, 2014 at 4:10 PM

When the man speaks these days, the very BEST it deserves is a facepalm of Captain Picard proportions.

• Mickalonius

Sep 18, 2014 at 4:11 PM

Stange Catchy, when he was assistant under Bobby Robson he was a great coach, but now he is crap all of a sudden. Fair and balanced as usual.

• catchy in norway

Sep 18, 2014 at 4:12 PM

isn’t it ironic that he should have been sacked after the last Hull game, and that if he looses this one he probably will be

• dazzler

Sep 18, 2014 at 4:12 PM

There’s been good times.. When? Even the year we finished fifth we played crap most of the time.

His future never came up because he dared not to speak of it for fear of the response.
    Douchebag

• catchy in norway

Sep 18, 2014 at 4:14 PM

Mickalonius

how is it not fair

you look at SBR record, do you think carver helped him that much.
    I don’t, I think he was there causing hassles like he was a kid.
    he went to Canada, failed .

came back here and has failed.

• dazzler

Sep 18, 2014 at 4:14 PM

Like he has any clue what Ashley thinks, hes more in the dark than we are mainly du to being covered in a shroud of his own arrogance and delusion

• anthc

Sep 18, 2014 at 4:15 PM

I can stomach another defeat if he goes with carver stone woodman and coloccini althpugh the latter less likely. At least a new manager will have the best part of the season to sort us out. We have international footballers amongst our ranks yet play like they’re from league 2. That to me is all the manager and coaches fault. Sack them all. Looking forward to saturday the atmosphere will be electric which is hasn’t been for some time thanks to pardumb. Especially looking forward to him squirming in the dugout!

• JAMSHA(PARDEW SLAYER)

Sep 18, 2014 at 4:15 PM

Mark Douglas @MsiDouglas 2m
    KK: “I learned more about #nufc by
    talking to the supporters than I could
    in my office.” #nufc shd take note:
    chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football…

• dazzler

Sep 18, 2014 at 4:15 PM

Best thing carver ever did was hoy a chair at Bellamy when he was being an upstart at the airport. He’s always been an average coach but now his methods are out of fashion he’s useless

• Our Toon

Sep 18, 2014 at 4:16 PM

Jimmy

You say them players needed to be replaced but didn’t address how Koeman a new manager beats us when they have lost 5 of there best players from last season’s game along with the manager. He made the choices of getting rid of both HBA and MYM and I’m pretty certain he would have been made aware of the fact they couldn’t be replaced.

Weak management is why he’s in the current position, Yanga wasn’t happy at being dropped for Colo which is clear in what he says. HBA was sent to train with the reserves because he apparently doesn’t work hard enough for pardews style. Meanwhile his replacement Cabella has made 2 monumental errors that have cost us and he hasn’t scored or got an assist yet (has he) at fault for the 1st goal against Southampton and the last goal for palace.

Colback and Sammy were walking back when Southampton were attacking us which led to the 4th goal. Scapegoating HBA yet the hard grafters aren’t producing for him.

• Markaccus

Sep 18, 2014 at 4:17 PM

I actually dont think.the result matters on saturday. I am starting to think he is a gonner no matter what. Win, lose or draw. You can hear the impending doom when he speaks, and see it in his body language. There sits one very uncomfortable man.

• Markaccus

Sep 18, 2014 at 4:20 PM

If i am right I will take 3 points however they come, and a new manager by tuesday tyvm! Job done.

• Mickalonius

Sep 18, 2014 at 4:22 PM

Catchy, I didnt say he was cut out to be a manager, there are many great coaches that failed as manager, but I dont think Bobby Robson would have stuck with him if he was crap. Unless your saying Bobby Robson’s judgement in coaches was poor ?

• hibbit

Sep 18, 2014 at 4:24 PM

john caver is not a bad guy to have a drink or a game of golf with he does love the toon but in my mind never has been a good coach sbr was the coach john was his dogs body

• catchy in norway

Sep 18, 2014 at 4:25 PM

listen

for all I know , he was SBR tea boy,,

I have seen nothing from him to suggest that he brought something to SBR table that he didn’t already know.

the guy had managed top football clubs all over the world.
    as for carver, tell me who he didn’t have a fight with at Newcastle ?
    I heard more about these things from him than football things,,

tea boy not coach

• Markaccus

Sep 18, 2014 at 4:26 PM

Mika

I think where Catchy is coming from.here, is that, as a coach, Carver has failed to move with the times since Bobbys day. I dont often agree with him, but in this case i do. Carver is stone age compared to most other coaches and thier standards.

• Our Toon

Sep 18, 2014 at 4:28 PM

Mick

RB tried to bring Mourinho with him as no2 didn’t he….he went with Carver but what were carvers duties? As with anything time moves on and if certain coaching members don’t improve then they become dinosaurs…football has changed a lot since BR (allah bless his soul) was here.

• hibbit

Sep 18, 2014 at 4:29 PM

pardue only apointed carver for his sbr link pr only

• Our Toon

Sep 18, 2014 at 4:30 PM

Markaccus

You beat me to it mate

• Mister Tuff

Sep 18, 2014 at 4:33 PM

Well my version of the Percy interview – taking into account his previously mentioned non verbal communication and applying it with the context of what he said I come up with :-
    1. He did discuss his future with Tubbs on Sunday.
    2. If he wins on Saturday he may be spared the sack.
    3.Due to the protests he will be taking a withdrawn role on Saturday.
    4. A loss on Saturday and he is OOT.

• Toon-Prodigy

Sep 18, 2014 at 4:35 PM

Who fancies the win on Saturday? Im expecting a performance here. Must win game it is.

• mindshaft

Sep 18, 2014 at 4:35 PM

I totally agree with the sack Pardew campaign this weekend although I doubt it’ll make much difference if we somehow manage to scrape a win.
    Ultimately Pards, Carver etc just aren’t up to it and seem to have lost the players and fans completely.

However personal abuse is way past the mark, they are actually trying their best.
    Sadly that best seems to be way below the standard required

sackpardew.com

• Our Toon

Sep 18, 2014 at 4:35 PM

Mr Tuff

He also has his excuse lined up….the fans and the protest. If we fail to get a result it’s because of the hostile atmosphere, if we win it’s because he thinks he is class

• Mickalonius

Sep 18, 2014 at 4:36 PM

Tea boy alright…

Sir Bobby Robson has urged Alan Shearer to add John Carver to his Newcastle United coaching staff.

In his column for the Mail on Sunday, Robson wrote: “My former No2 at Newcastle, John Carver, came back to England this weekend having resigned as manager of MLS side Toronto.

“Even though the team were doing extremely well, John felt his job was being undermined by decisions being taken against his wishes ‘upstairs’.

“I am hoping that bad news for Toronto means good news for Newcastle because a coach like him is exactly what the club need right now.

“There are two main reasons for Newcastle’s shocking decline in the last five years, and why they need to beat Middlesbrough tomorrow night to have any chance of staying up.

“One is bad signings and the second is bad coaching – dating all the way back to Graeme Souness, who let Carver go.

“If Shearer sticks around, I’d love to think he might give John a call.”

• Markaccus

Sep 18, 2014 at 4:36 PM

So, Mr Carver. What do you think of the politcal situation in scotland??

Ugh. Blimbo blambo. CAPTAIN CARRRRVERRRR!
    -Splutter pop bang- Oh-oh. Bad time for power failure. -CRASH-

• Ron Knee

Sep 18, 2014 at 4:36 PM

I asked this question earlier & got no answer! Does anybody know if P45 is statistically the most unsuccessful manager in the Premiership? If not, what target should he be aiming at?

1 2 3 5