The Performance Really Upset Me – I Offer No Excuses

Alan Pardew has been very contrite when he has talked about last Saturday’s appalling performance at Southampton, and last season’s performance there was also diabolical.

Unfortunately if anything the performance last Saturday was even worse than the previous one. 🙁

Alan Pardew Southampton +v+Newcastle+United+zbRLW2DbxgIl

Alan Pardew last Saturday – it looks like he’s about to vomit over Steve Stone

Here is what the Newcastle manager said about the game at St, Mary’s and how he felt about it:

“We have got a different squad this year, I think one or two, like all players in Premier League, are finding the adjustment tough.”

“Some can take straight to it and I remember Yohan Cabaye, that year we brought in three or four others in with him and we hit the ground running. Everybody was surprised that happened.”

“We have to put all that behind us, all the excuses, and get this magnificent football club a win.” “Well it has not been an easy week because after the events at Southampton, as manager you have to reflect and the performance really upset me.”

“Going back to my old club, it wasn’t a performance I was proud of in any shape or form.” “We have spoken to the group about it. We have some new players, I’m not going to offer any excuses.”

“We need to show a better spirit if we go behind in games as a group, than we did in that game.” “In the season you get games where it gets away from you completely, it happens to some top teams.”

“Last season Arsenal had two or three times when they got well beaten five and six and it happens in a Premier League season when it just doesn’t work.

“It is bad timing for us because of the start we have had, we didn’t get the win we needed before then.: “So it puts added pressure on us, particularly myself, I’m fully aware of that.”

Time is starting to run out for Alan Pardew at Newcastle, and he has to use the players he has fit and available tight now, to somehow turn things around, starting on Saturday.

But with the fans planning a big demonstration at St. James’ Park to get him fired on Saturday, that’s going to be a very difficult task for both the manager and the players against Hull City.

What do you think?

You can follow us on our three social media sites below:

• Belfast

Sep 19, 2014 at 12:22 AM

I offer no excuses..

Followed by a number of excuses haha love it

• Novocastrian66

Sep 19, 2014 at 12:23 AM

I’m sick of him going on about Cabaye. He’s like some jilted schoolboy. He should ficus on the future not on the past, which is another of his failings. It would be so bad if his memory didn’t conveniently forget the rubbish his side has served up.

• firebug666

Sep 19, 2014 at 12:24 AM

I don’t give a fusk what anyone else in the division does, I care about what we do, and with one formation, one defensive tactic and players out of position, we are never going to progress.

Run Pardew, Run Pardew run, run, run,
    Here come the Geordies Pardew run, boy, run
    We’ll get by without your inept style,
    So run Pardew Run Pardew run, run, run.

• Blackley and Brownlie

Sep 19, 2014 at 12:24 AM

“We have some new players, I’m not going to offer any excuses.” Hahahahahahahahahah An excuse in the same sentence as saying I’m not going to offer any excuses. In the same f******** sentence, Alan! You can’t f********* help yourself, you idiot!

• Laurent Robert 32

Sep 19, 2014 at 12:27 AM

Blackley, don’t forget to pick your banner up.

That’s where to get your free banners to take in. Map of which bars and locations you can get them.

• ilovetoon8788

Sep 19, 2014 at 12:30 AM

A total idiot. Excuses after excuses and then says I’m not giving any excuses.

What a moron.. A championship manager.

• thevirus

Sep 19, 2014 at 12:31 AM

Blah blah blah blah same old s**t ,just admit u haven’t got a clue will blame anyone but yourself, goodbye

• Toon-Prodigy

Sep 19, 2014 at 12:31 AM

Jimmy,

I always look to Ashley before Pardew. I always will. And although I don’t blame Pardew for everything wrong with this club he hasn’t delivered with results either. That’s when his job is untenable. It’s a knocking bet under this structure for me with any manager. It’s been weakened over time this squad from where im looking. And now it’s relegation fodder.

He hasn’t been helped mind, he hasn’t been backed thoroughly at the right times either. He has never had the opportunity to build a squad here and has been handed unknown french imports during his tenure who mostly still have alot to prove at this club. He never got what he wanted and that was English players. He has never had important positions filled either nevermind have back-ups when he has called for them. He’s did the best he could with what he has been given which in fairness has been a load of sh1te for me. But it has also failed also. Apart from the odd jewel that has been sold these arn’t superstars they are average players for this league. Completely untested in this league all of them, I don’t care which country they may have played for. it means nothing whatsoever. The best players in the world mostly play in this league. It’s the hardest and most competitive in the world. He has been let down so many times than I care to remember but he has failed. That is Ashleys problem to sort out now.

As with every job he has to go if the results arn’t great. Even if I do think Ashley and his structure is 70% of the blame for the poor performances.

I don’t expect Ashley to change the transfer structure so I don’t expect us to progress right now even with a different manager. There is a major lack of quality for me in this squad. It’s completely unbalanced. Injuries will be the downfall.

I expect a few signings in January to make up for Ashleys gambles once again to keep the TV money rolling in.

Then Krul, Tiote and Sissoko departing sporadically over January and next August to claw money in.

And then the rollercoaster And conveyor belt starts over. I fail to see how any manager could work under this structure, but that is just me.

• Toon-Prodigy

Sep 19, 2014 at 12:32 AM

Lads, I hope he goes for your sakes haha.

I really don’t know how you would cope if his tenure still went on this season.

• Laurent Robert 32

Sep 19, 2014 at 12:33 AM

I noticed when I watched the vid interview earlier that he literally made the excuse right before he said no excuses.

It was beyond a joke months ago.

I immediately turn off his interviews usually. Today I left them, even though I was highly annoyed, simply because I know what is coming for him on Saturday.

• Blackley and Brownlie

Sep 19, 2014 at 12:34 AM

“Going back to my old club …” The same embarrassing scoreline as last time you muppet. Remember that? And afterwards coming out with the same old tripe. Groundhog day. Just like against the makems. Remember that? Groundhog day! Groundhog day! Groundhog day! We’ll not win tomorrow but you’ll probably nut somebody. Groundhog day!

• Laurent Robert 32

Sep 19, 2014 at 12:36 AM

They’re doing the 100 bigger square banners to those who really want to make an impression I think I read.

yep…

100 of these banners to be given to supporters wishing to really make a statement: #NUFC #PardewProtest http://t.co/BLEyUhUHWL

• Blackley and Brownlie

Sep 19, 2014 at 12:40 AM

LR32
    I have to watch him because it’s either car crash tv or comedy gold. I can’t believe my ears.

• Laurent Robert 32

Sep 19, 2014 at 12:41 AM

If I was Bruce I’d definitely have Hatem sitting on the bench, front row.

He wants 3 points and won’t be bothered if he enflames our rage to get them.

I can see them absolutely at us from the off.

• Blackley and Brownlie

Sep 19, 2014 at 12:45 AM

Be great to get a banner for my car there and back to Huddersfield on Saturday morning. That’s got me thinking. What about getting an open top bus covered with Pardew’s stupidest quotes and driving it around Newcastle city centre?

Goodnight folks. See what’s left of the UK in the morning.

• Laurent Robert 32

Sep 19, 2014 at 12:58 AM

I can’t watch them, Blackley. It is sheer rage and frustration when I see his slimy cockiness and arrogance being based on no substance whatsoever.

Willo at the back post answers all you need to know about Pardew’s ineptness in one fell swoop.

• Laurent Robert 32

Sep 19, 2014 at 1:00 AM

I think they are actually getting an open top bus. I’m sure I read that.

• lochinvar

Sep 19, 2014 at 1:33 AM

It ‘s as if we’re stuck on the set of the Mister Men movie. We’ve Mr. Boss telling Mr. Inept to sort it out so he tells Mr. Stone to have a word with Mr. Angry . Miss PR is told to keep quiet so that Mr. Chair can count the loot robbed off the poor peasants while Witch Wonga cackles with interest ( get it ? ) . All the time in the real world football teams are winning matches.
    Hope I wake up soon and realise it’s not real or do I want to get to sleep to forget that it is.
    Either way it’s a bad ffffing dream.

• Ethiotoon

Sep 19, 2014 at 1:35 AM

Dear Alan Pards;
    We know u have been in a difficult situation since the start of the season. Not only u but we also frustrated in our recent results. But it’s part of football. when u win,everyone applauds, and when u lose,they turn their back on u.But we know that u have a strong mentality.we still are in ur side.we are confident you can cop and change things around.
    we know you achieved some memorable honours and unforgettable big wins. something we never forget and proud of.Even if u separate from the club,
    we’ll always remember you.
    we also know that tomorrow’s game is like cup final & difficult.Hull city are respectable side now.But we know we still have quality, we can beat anyone with the squad we have.we still believe in you,and we are positive u will repay us with magnificent win.
    Good Luck!!

• andrew84

Sep 19, 2014 at 1:40 AM

Ethiotoon

That did make me chuckle, thanks for that 🙂

……It was sarcasm, wasn’t it? :-/

• Toon-Prodigy

Sep 19, 2014 at 1:45 AM

Lochinvar,

Brilliant in many ways.

• Toon-Prodigy

Sep 19, 2014 at 1:47 AM

Ethiotoon,

You have a good heart kidda. I’ll give you that.

Roll your sleeves up for Saturday ; )

• BigB75

Sep 19, 2014 at 1:48 AM

Bet, that kunt plays 4-3-3 on Saturday just to mess with the fans! !!!!

• BigB75

Sep 19, 2014 at 1:50 AM

And of course to get a win to make look good…. to late you family and team recker!!

• lochinvar

Sep 19, 2014 at 1:54 AM

Looks like Vincent Tam at Cardiff has turned down Pullis as not being good enough to be their Manager.
    How dangerous is this.

• Mister Tuff

Sep 19, 2014 at 2:06 AM

Dear Percy Parsnip,
    Please enjoy your retirement back down in London. Whilst you may have tried your best, unfortunately you were not good enough as a PL manager.
    We, as proper Toon fans will forget about you within a fortnight.
    If you receive a letter from Ethiotoon -please disregard it as he is a blog troll, he is not from Ethiopia but a regular poster on our blog who takes the piss out of fellow bloggers by his amateur attempts to make his posts appear as if they are written by a foreigner. He does this by deliberately missing out words and feigned bad grammar.
    Enjoy your remaining days in your rocking chair thinking about what might have been.
    Mister Tuff
    ps you were shite.

• Ethiotoon

Sep 19, 2014 at 2:23 AM

Tuff
    Give your head a shake!

• Toon-Prodigy

Sep 19, 2014 at 2:35 AM

Dear Pardew,

Your time is up because of inevitable results. Which were forthcoming because of injuries. (Again). And lack of skills and plan B. (Maybe).

Your squad is piss poor, you havn’t been backed, as we normally show you, we have lost all quality to build upon year after year as usual. And then we will hoy some youngins up from the reserves to save investment within the club. Also, it’s the best job you have ever had, I understand the warrant to cling to it with all your might, who wouldn’t? And, the compensation factor will keep you hanging.

But hey, you didn’t hire yourself? It’s a job right? They ain’t your players and if you can’t get the best out of them, Fair enough, Mike will understand. Hence, the 8 yr contract. It’s a money making process and exercise, but you just need to keep us in the league Alan. Anything else you are off where I’m concerned.

Lets hope the injuries arn’t to bad.

Let’s hang on aslong as We can.

• remember69

Sep 19, 2014 at 4:26 AM

For those who feel that getting rid of AP will fix all of our problems;

• toonicle

Sep 19, 2014 at 4:59 AM

If he plays one lone striker up top again I’m jumping off the bridge. I can’t understand why he persists with something that clearly doesn’t work.

• WestOzMag

Sep 19, 2014 at 5:13 AM

Sorry Alan, your right, it’s all my fault that were shite Alan. You must excuse me for all my support for the 33 yrs of my life. You just keep doing what you do because your always right and your man management and tactical awareness is unquestionalbe (Excuse me for the sarcasm everyone)

• Toon-Prodigy

Sep 19, 2014 at 5:22 AM

When was the last time you seen two quality centre forwards at this football club? Proper experienced strikers. There should be 3 with an up and coming. No Ba, No remy, no De Jong. We have Cisse with a broken knee cap recovering. Riviere is no top 6-8 out and out centre forward, he was a cheap option.

Do you want to ruin Perez? A division 2 spanish youngin with promise? Or Gouffran? A 1 million signing who can’t finish his dinner? He is no forward.

Lets get Shola back? Urgh no.

Lets hoy one of the bairns in like Campbell and Armstrong.

Cisse is injured.

This is the Premier League they need to be worked in over a spell these bairns.

We havn’t got a great deal of options because of Ashley. The quality is not here.

The lynch pin is missing in De Jong. With no back-up playmaker. Marv and Arfa have gone.

Injuries always ruin this football clubs chances under Ashley. It’s been that way for a long long time now and thats because the quality is just not there within the squad.

Pardew has tried to bleed in youngins but it’s unfair under these conditions. Add to that the bloke is under pressure.

The job is untenable and it has came to a brickwall.

Lets have a change of direction and a change of ambition from upstairs. This is too hard to bare.

• WestOzMag

Sep 19, 2014 at 5:23 AM

Ethio is pardews love child. Your clueless. I couldnt care less if I have a dig at you and I get pointed out. Ive read your comments and disagree with every single one of them. Where there hell do you get off thinking that this clown Pardew is any good. What is our position in the league atm. Tell me!!! Forget the bullshit with he got us to 5th. That’s gone. This is now. He couldnt manage a piss up in a brewery and your comment about “strong mentality and we still are in ur side.we are confident you can cop and change things around” Speak for yourself!!!!! I wouldnt piss on the guy if he was on fire. You must not be able to pick out a liar and con artist very well. Take a pot shot out of me. Go on do it but I know there is plenty more on here who has an anti pardew view like I do.

• Ethiotoon

Sep 19, 2014 at 5:49 AM

WestOzMag
    well he doesn’t look a liar to me! he may miss or lost his abilities recently but it’s okay,one time u succeed the other time u fail,that’s natural.yes I am his love child,so what? what the big deal backing our own mgr? incredible.. I have my reasons for that!
    I like to have a shot at you,but not now.may be some other time.may be take a note for appointment and we will split it out in that day!!

• mecannylad

Sep 19, 2014 at 6:13 AM

Asked whether his job would become untenable when we turn the home atmosphere against him, Pardew said: “I’ve never really focused on what that word means.”
    We’ll help you focus on it this Saturday Alan !

• davis_toons

Sep 19, 2014 at 6:18 AM

Alan is JUST FULL of EXECUSES

Just like a Video Clip that one of our guys put up.
    He was just spot on about Mr Alan Pardew appointment and what to expect form Pardew.

Those Hoop ball which he call passing and Defensive setup he called attacking.

Thats is Mr Pardew.

Final Thoughts
    I think i’m cruel to ask for pardew sacking but i really being waiting to see a better brand of football show in SJP again.

Im Sorry Mr Pardew. You did have your moments with us and i really thank you for whatever good that have happen to Newcastle United while you are in-change but i really wanted to see a better brand of football. Not your kind of attacking football which never got us winning consistence and lower our standards of football style.

• mecannylad

Sep 19, 2014 at 6:18 AM

A common manifestation of mass hysteria occurs when a group of people believe they are suffering from a similar disease or ailment.
    We are bloody sure we are Alan!

• firebug666

Sep 19, 2014 at 6:28 AM

Ethiotoon

WUM / TROLL

hahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahaha

Ooooops i forgot

IDIOT!

• JAMSHA(PARDEW SLAYER)

Sep 19, 2014 at 6:29 AM

once we are sucessful n getn pArdew sackd nxt we need to aim to force ashely to sell the club

• firebug666

Sep 19, 2014 at 6:32 AM

JAMSHA(PARDEW SLAYER)

To get Ashley out you have to break the SD strangle hold on our club.