This Is One Of Best Clubs In Country – I’ll Fight To Keep My Job

Alan Pardew, the 53-year-old Newcastle manager was under severe pressure before today’s game at St. James’ Park,  and he was under even more pressure after 68 minutes when Hull went 2-0 up.

alan pardew 2-2 hull

Alan Pardew – after Papiss Cisse scored the equalizer

But the introduction of Papiss Cisse and his goal in the 73rd minute, stopped the demonstration against Pardew in its tracks, and the Geordie fans cheered on the lads, and Cisse then equalized after 87 minutes.

With a little bit of luck Newcastle could have even won this game, and Hull were hanging on as Newcastle came at them for the winner in those last few minutes of the game.

But it was still only one point against a beatable side, which means just three draws and two defeats from our first five league games, although it’s one defeat less than Liverpool have suffered in their first five games.

But the huge demonstrations hoped for by the organizers – whoever they are – did not come to fruition, and at the end of the game the fans seemed pleased with the performance of the side – especially the comeback from two goals down, in those final 20 minutes.

And after the game Alan Pardew said he will fight to keep his job at Newcastle:

“It’s not lost on me that I get accused of being arrogant and egotistic but I’m a very proud man to be manager of this football club,”

“This is one of the best clubs in the country and I’m going to fight to try and keep it but the team need to reflect that and I thought they did today.¨

“I’m very proud of the way that we conducted ourselves as a team today and we go to the next game.¨ “I thought it was important that I took the frustration from the fans, and I wasn’t going to shirk away from that.¨

“Ironically, one or two people behind me clapped me on the way out which was a nice start to the game. I thank those couple of fans but it was only two.”

It was noticeable that Pardew took up his position on the touchline from the first whistle today, and basically stayed there throughout the game, whereas at Southampton last week, he had stayed on the bench.

It was a good point for Newcastle, given we were 2-0 down after 68 minutes at home, but a win is what we really needed, with our next two games being on the road at Stoke and Swansea, and they will be two (very) tough games.

Newcastle (Alan Pardew) will need to win at least one of those games.

You can follow us on our three social media sites below:

• NUFCJackW

Sep 20, 2014 at 9:54 PM

* NUFCJackWSeptember 20, 2014
    I dislike Pardew to the extent of him being sacked, but today, we were unlucky… I dont want to just blame Pardew for todays game because i dislike him. They scored two amazing goals, they rarely troubled our keeper. I think if we all liked Pardew then everyone would be saying that we were undone by two quality goals, not bad tactics… Its also not Pardew’s fault that colback gave the ball awaycfor there first goal; or that tuote gave the ball away for there second. The point is, we werent terrible today.
    Having said that… It IS Pardews fault that he played the same formation which hasnt worked at all this season.
    I think Pardew did OK today. I dont, however think that he should still be in the job after this year. Those stats are hurrendous along with the football.
    * manxpie

• armchair fan

Sep 20, 2014 at 9:55 PM

As much as peple slate the man, he can’t be blamed for being a bad man manager

• ToonFromLeeds

Sep 20, 2014 at 9:57 PM

Yes we got a point but Pardew still needs sacking

• dazzler

Sep 20, 2014 at 10:00 PM

Armchair,

Bet arfa, m’biwa, marvaux, Jonas

All frozen out. That’s not exactly good man management.

Plus cisse’s interview suggested not all of the team are behind the manager.

• toon22

Sep 20, 2014 at 10:00 PM

Re Post

The club seems bemused as to why we have so many injuries.
    Maybe its because its the market we are in for players.
    Everyone we buy is short,has a terrible attitude,up for some prison able offense,or has the kind of injury record De Jong has.
    There is a reason we got em so cheap and theres a reason they actually came here.
    Its because better clubs didnt want them and the player wants to prove they are ok.

Under Mashley expect smurfs,a constant injury list and players who go in the huff or to jail.

Huzzar we got a fluke point against fookin Hull at home,result

• toon22

Sep 20, 2014 at 10:00 PM

The club seems bemused as to why we have so many injuries.
    Maybe its because its the market we are in for players.

• armchair fan

Sep 20, 2014 at 10:03 PM

Dazzler

Clashes happen often at clubs, let’s be fair on Pardew he’s under immense pressure and he’s dealing with it quite well at the minute.

• ToonFromLeeds

Sep 20, 2014 at 10:05 PM

Armchair, Pardew is a terrible manager with a terrible record, he needs to go

• jimiley

Sep 20, 2014 at 10:06 PM

Pardew needed a win today to survive. A home draw against Hull keeps him in a job? Joke! Thats 20 points out of the last 72!!!!!! And the Toon fans give him an easy ride WHY?????? A manager who is the apologist for the owner. Thats why Pards is so disliked. The fans are brain dead and have been beaten into submission by the real enemy upstairs.STAY AWAY. Thats the only way to get rid of the greedy owner who hates the Toon and everything connected with it.

• armchair fan

Sep 20, 2014 at 10:07 PM

ToonFromLeeds

I said he was a good man manager, he may not have the footballing brain of other managers, but give him a break he’s trying his best for us

• manxpie

Sep 20, 2014 at 10:07 PM

manxpie // Sep 20, 2014 at 10:06 PM

put it this way if we had scored there goals today they would have been lucky and against the run of play!!!!!

and don’t try and tell me it wouldn’t lol

• ToonFromLeeds

Sep 20, 2014 at 10:09 PM

Armchair no he’s doing his best to save his skin. He is a very bad manager

• ToonFromLeeds

Sep 20, 2014 at 10:10 PM

The scary thing is if Pardew keeps his job we will get relegated

• armchair fan

Sep 20, 2014 at 10:16 PM

He won’t quit which is why I’ll respect him, agreed he doesn’t play football that pleases the eye but he loves the club.

• manxpie

Sep 20, 2014 at 10:17 PM

toonfromleeds no ashleys next manager will tho or have you got some info on his next 1 that he’s proved?

• Magpie Myles

Sep 20, 2014 at 10:17 PM

Let’s see what happens at Swansea and Stoke. Let’s see how we get on and make a judgement then. Glad Cisse and Tiote are back, always good to have the big guns firing.

• Munster Mag

Sep 20, 2014 at 10:19 PM

Manx totally agree. Ameobi gave away a terrible free late in the game. A really stupid thing to do. If they score from that pardew gets blamed. Probably for bringing on an attacker and being tactically inept. Interestingly the fans in the stadium are never as intolerant as the ones here?

• Mister Tuff

Sep 20, 2014 at 10:20 PM

Percy for England.

• Munster Mag

Sep 20, 2014 at 10:21 PM

Armchair if he quits he will be called spineless on this site.

• jimiley

Sep 20, 2014 at 10:24 PM

Munster Mag,
    He will not be spineless but stupid. Why walk away from 5 million?

• armchair fan

Sep 20, 2014 at 10:26 PM

Munster I’m sure whatever he does in all walks of life he will be called names on this site

• oldbobaycliffe

Sep 20, 2014 at 10:31 PM

regretably only 2 people dont know that pardew isn,t good enough that is pardew and ashley so we will have to sufferbut our next 2 league games are away from home stoke and swanseaso within 2 wk we could be st adrift at the bottom f the league then we will see what sort of gambler ashley is

• Magpie Myles

Sep 20, 2014 at 10:34 PM

Too right, if he stays he’s the villain if he goes he’s the villan. give the man a break.

• gaz 44

Sep 20, 2014 at 10:35 PM

Reading the comments today I think a few are overboard, I’ve met pardew before and think the persona he puts over is more confidence in himself rather than arrogance.. (I still think he deserves the sack) when I met him He was saying it was a dream that he couldn’t even dream about managing us.. I just feel the comments from catchy etc. Are more misplaced hatred for the man rather than his management.. Don’t get me wrong I know catchy was one of the first to pick up on the shitnesd of his tactics but hoping we lost is a joke

• manxpie

Sep 20, 2014 at 10:49 PM

gaz 44 its become very personal which is wrong especially when the person who makes all the dicisions is let off scot free

btw where is laurent or rotonda i thought a storm was coming!!?

embarresment behaps that laurent can’t bare!!?

• JackButler

Sep 20, 2014 at 10:52 PM

Nice to see the amount Pardew was prepared to risk to save his skin today

——————————————————————-

Alan Pardew was implored not to name Papiss Cissé as a substitute for game against Hull City by Newcastle’s medical staff but his decision to ignore such counsel paid rich dividends for the under-pressure manager. With his side trailing 2-0 and his job security looking fragile, Pardew introduced Cissé to dramatic effect, the striker scoring twice to earn an unlikely point.

“Papiss shouldn’t have played,” acknowledged the home manager. “My medical staff did not agree with my decision to involve him. He’s had five days’ training and they told me he wasn’t ready but my eyes told me different. And Papiss knows how to carry the jersey.

• welshgeordie9

Sep 20, 2014 at 10:53 PM

There’s no way newcastle will beat swans in a couple of weeks time.

• valle

Sep 20, 2014 at 10:55 PM

We just drew at home to hull!… How can this site have so many people supporting AP, what are you paid?. I hate the man more than ever, and I gave him the benefit of the doubt for a looooong time. I hate Ashley even more though, and if he wont sack Pardew, the pressure needs to be put on him.

• John Tudor

Sep 20, 2014 at 10:56 PM

draws and defeats are relegation form end of just go

• welshgeordie9

Sep 20, 2014 at 10:58 PM

John Tudor

Is mag back on here I’m sure i saw his name on here.

• manxpie

Sep 20, 2014 at 10:58 PM

munster imagine if it was shola who has had rivi’s chances he would have got dogs abuse but no its pards fault lol

• damma99

Sep 20, 2014 at 10:59 PM

Ashley is getting his kicks out of doing the opposite of what the fans want. He must have noticed the passion from the terraces when they were playing well today. Why does he not want more of this, it would benefit the whole city and his business. Cant understand the man.

• jimmysmith

Sep 20, 2014 at 11:01 PM

I think its clear that Ashley needs to support Pardew with players if he’s going to keep him on. I don’t think he’s tactically great either, not hopeless, but not top notch, so he needs to look at overhauling his back room staff too. A quality centre back, striker and progressive coach are all needed.

Pardews got 4 years in the job, and he has developed quite a lot of humility and experience in that time, it would be a loss if we can’t find a way forward with him and I think Ashley now does realise he’s not got the squad or support he needs to be successful and by that I mean solid top eight.

He’s got to bite the bullet and replace him with someone that can get more out of the squad, or support him properly, but either way he needs to do more for the club than he does.

• JackButler

Sep 20, 2014 at 11:02 PM

manxpie

Most people understand that Riviere is new to the club/league, he’s playing in an isolated role with zero support while trying to settle in and get used to the EPL, all that while playing for a side with virtually zero confidence.

for me he’s not doing too bad

• welshgeordie9

Sep 20, 2014 at 11:07 PM

So Batman came up to me & he hit me over the head with a vase & he went T’PAU! I said “Don’t you mean KAPOW?? He said “No, I’ve got china in my hand.”

Ha ha ha

• lochinvar

Sep 20, 2014 at 11:11 PM

Just 3 points behind Liverpool now – way to go !

• ToonFromLeeds

Sep 20, 2014 at 11:14 PM

No I don’t hate Pardew as a man, I just think he’s the wrong man for the club, his tactics are awful and should be sacked

• jimmysmith

Sep 20, 2014 at 11:16 PM

We need Cisse and DeJong fit and playing. Rivierre looks capable in the same way as Gouffran, but it has been an unfortunate introduction to Newcastle for him to be asked to lead the line alone, when he is not suited to it. Not sure what Pardews realistic alternatives were with the injuries to Cisse and De Jong though. We need Santon back too, but when the squad is overhauled so quickly and with injuries being inevitable, they must have known this could happen. Manager and owner.

• welshgeordie9

Sep 20, 2014 at 11:17 PM

Oh no here we go

According to one of tomorrow’s papers

Newcastle keeping tabs on former striker Andy Carroll’s fitness ahead of possible January bid

The England target man has been sidelined with injury since West Ham’s pre-season tour and Alan Pardew is interested in bringing the striker back to Tyneside

• welshgeordie9

Sep 20, 2014 at 11:19 PM

So we know what ed will be talking about tomorrow, I’m sure he will bring it up.