Players Still Behind Manager – But Wins Are Needed

Papiss Cisse has told the press that all the players are still right behind the manager,  and we suppose the 2-2 draw against Hull City on Saturday was a much improved performance from the last two games against Southampton and Crystal Palace.

papiss cisse hull

Papiss Cisse – our Man of the Match on Saturday

But those two performances were also sub-par and unacceptable,  so Newcastle were somewhere nearer where we need to get too – but Newcastle have to start picking up points soon.

If we stay too long in the relegation zone – we are currently rock bottom – there’s always a threat that we cannot get out – and the confidence of the players starts to drain – and the very last thing we want this season is another fight against relegation.

No way. 🙁

After the game on Saturday Papiss Cisse talked about the plight Alan Pardew finds himself in:

“Yeah, I know it’s very, very hard for him. It’s been hard for him this week.” “In the video room together, he said that we had to be disciplined and work hard together as a team.”

“We had to forget everything else and concentrate on the pitch and play football.” “I’m a just happy man. I came back from injury and scored two goals and gained one point for the team.”

“I think the team worked very, very hard. If you see all the game, Newcastle did well and I’m just a happy man.” “I feel strong. In my head, during the week, I didn’t think I’d be playing.”

“Yes, last year was very, very hard. I knew that last year had been hard and this year I just needed to do my best in all the games.”

“I needed to work hard on the training ground and, come the games, be strong and work hard.”

Papiss did have a very difficult season last term, when he scored only four goals in 26 total appearances.

But he looked great on Saturday, and we are hoping his good form will help Newcastle show some real threat in front of  goal, which hasn’t been too apparent this season, well not until Cisse came on in the second half and scored two goals in his first 18 minutes of the season.

We hope Papiss Cisse can keep scoring,  as he did when he first arrived from SC Freiburg in January of 2012 for about £9M, when he scored 13 goals in his first 14 appearances, and some of those goals were simply spectacular.

You can follow us on our three social media sites below:

• santonthenewmaldini

Sep 22, 2014 at 12:03 AM

I honestly thought Cisse was great when he came on he was winning stuff in the air , holding the ball up , moving all over the pitch , linking up play and also scored 2 good goals .. basically played like a proper striker again!!

I think him , Cabella and Sissoko could link well eventually but it would be good if we had a better coach to get the best out of them !

Should go back to 442 next week with Cabella as the 2nd striker/no 10 would basically allow him a free role just behind Cisse for through balls and put Sammy and Sissoko on the wings Gouffran needs dropped unless he plays as a striker

• investinyouthtoon

Sep 22, 2014 at 12:19 AM

Basically, enough is enough. I was there yesterday and not only voiced my opinion, but took part in the rubbish protest. But the number of fans content with the tripe served up week after week is embarrassing for this once great club. They are all too happy to be lambs to the slaughter, but I for once cant accept a draw with hull as a decent result.

I am giving up my support and love for this club until the clowns in charge of our club leave, and some sort of PRIDE is reinstated.

• GeordieTwo

Sep 22, 2014 at 1:05 AM

The answer clearly lies in an empty ground for Ashley to look at. He will get the message quickly. If the people who go refuse to stay away then all is lost and we’ll remain an Ashley plaything. Anything else would be preferable. If we are relegated this season Ashley will have made his final screwup with the club. He’ll lose huge amounts of money trying to flog it. He’s his own worst enemy as well as ours.

• WestOzMag

Sep 22, 2014 at 1:05 AM

Amazing how there is alot of satisfied people with a 2-2 draw. It’s a disgrace imo. 2-0 down at home and it takes a broken cisse to pull us back. Im with investinyouthtoon, I too am giving up my support and love for this club until the clowns in charge of our club leave, and some sort of PRIDE is reinstated. If those who are happy with a 2-2 draw at home against a team who should be no better than us, then we have got major problems and accept mediocrity. I’d rather wash my hands with this club and come back in 5 yrs time when Pardew leaves and hopefully ashley has sold up.

• GeordieTwo

Sep 22, 2014 at 1:09 AM

Anyone who is satisfied with this mess must have low standards indeed. Three points from 5 games. Five wins in all of 2014 to date? You’ve got to be joking if you think that is satisfactory. Pardew has had his time. Ashley has had his time. Time for them both to go. Ashley will sack Pardew eventually this season but it may well be too late after they cocked up the summer window yet again. A fool and his money should be parted.

• Brutooon

Sep 22, 2014 at 1:13 AM

Looking at Leicester performance, they would beat us 7-0 !!!!!!

• Mister Tuff

Sep 22, 2014 at 1:16 AM

I had thought yesterday may have been the start of a new era at the Toon, alas twas not to be. I see the sackpardew site has issued an interim statement ahead of a more considered version.
    Those with a vision of the the way this club is heading must keep their resolve and battle on.
    I have noticed a relatively sudden appearance of Percy/Regime supporters from nowhere is the last few days on the blog -giving it large and slagging off the protest -clearly idiots with multiple accounts -and some clear suspicions as to who they might be.
    LuckyPercy lives another day…………….OOT.

• expatmag

Sep 22, 2014 at 1:38 AM

I am throwing my support behind my 2 local teams in the future

The local team of my past…….Gateshead
    The local team of my present…..Melbourne Victory

• expatmag

Sep 22, 2014 at 1:43 AM

Watched Leicester City tear Man Utd a new one last night with a bunch of lads who werent major names….fantastic performance.

The superstars of Man utd beaten by former Portsmouth, Fleetwood players plus an aging italian making his debut…..well done Nigel Pearson….no fear factor there…..take note Alan Pardew

• WestOzMag

Sep 22, 2014 at 2:15 AM

Your in melbourne expat? Im in Perth

• WestOzMag

Sep 22, 2014 at 2:17 AM

Mister Tuff

Im wating for ethio to start his pro pardew analysis of saturdays performance

• Mister Tuff

Sep 22, 2014 at 2:17 AM

more like Melbourne Heart – red and white -to remind you of your many visits to Roker Park -to see your heros Bobby Kerr and Jimmy Montgomery.

• Mister Tuff

Sep 22, 2014 at 2:29 AM

west oz -he was on the other day and in replying to another idiot replied “Nice one”.
    Not exactly the phrase you would expect from a person in central Addids Ababa whose first language is not English. The phoney attempts of deliberate bad grammar and missing words out is amateurish and laughable – yet some still entertain him.

• WestOzMag

Sep 22, 2014 at 3:31 AM

Mister Tuff – So he is a troll then. I wasn’t quite sure with what to think so I just went on an all out attack as I was fed up with the bullshit he was coming out with.

• Ethiotoon

Sep 22, 2014 at 3:58 AM

Not much to say on hull game but nice to see good sensible comments from LGFUAD & btfulmind yes’y
    I was delighted the way we rallied back after massively 2-0 down.A point is much better than nothing considering the players and coaching staff played under severe tense pressure.It’s a sign of good spirit.Great to see some smiles from players and coaching staff.That character and commitment
    from the players will have great value for our upcoming games.We can build on that now.Hull are respectable side.They have good players. Apart from giving them unnecessary space,which led to the goals we conceed, we’re well improved from our last game.what a goal by jelavic.Equally great opportunistic goals from papiss cisse.hopefully, he will show us that kind of strikes repeatedly.
    I felt like we won at the end!
    congratulates to the delighted ones like me!
    On to wed’y now against palace!!

• mecannylad

Sep 22, 2014 at 4:03 AM

Pardew’s nemisi wll be the December game against Sunderland.
    He’ll stagger on until then, keeping us ‘in touch’ with the bottom.
    But a defeat just before Xmas by Gus Poyet’s men will finally oust him and the timing will allow Ashley to recruit a replacement with the promise of funds in the January window.
    The question will be …. can NUFC replicate Sunderland’s great escape of last season ?

• headtheball

Sep 22, 2014 at 6:08 AM

Be Afraid.
    When supporters tell you everything is CHAMPION do not believe them because with Captain Percy steering the SHIP, that is exactly where we are heading.
    3 points from 5 games equates to 23 points from 38.
    All his bluster changes nothing.
    Same old Same old.
    Percy……..OOT.

• Jeff from Benwell

Sep 22, 2014 at 6:22 AM

These foreign fellers like WestOzMag and expatmag withdrawing their support will this mean less rubbish posts saying the same thing over and over ad nauseum

• Jeff from Benwell

Sep 22, 2014 at 6:28 AM

Australians must be boring people to talk to are they what are known as whinging Poms

• expatmag

Sep 22, 2014 at 6:34 AM

TUFF

Actually, Melbourne Heart dont exist anymore since they were taken over by the arabs from Man City nor do they play in red and white stripes but now sky blue. They have been renamed Melbourne City.

As for former mackems, I seem to remember their posters on your bedroom wall.

• Santon03

Sep 22, 2014 at 6:43 AM

It was better than other games we played with Krul didn’t hoof every ball, we tried to play from the back.
    I really hope this is the turning point.
    Our free kicks are still worse than before, Cabella needs to practice more how to deliver corner kicks, should let Collback take those corners. Another thing is so often many players outside the box and only Riviere inside the box when the crosses coming in, it’s difficult to deliver perfect crosses everytime when you only have 1 target to aim at and surrounde by 2 or 3 players.
    Cisse will definitely start next game, I can’t wait when Santon and DeJong fully fit.
    I think we will win against Stoke.

• expatmag

Sep 22, 2014 at 6:57 AM

Jeff from benwell

I would not normally reply to a poster like you as you are generally misinformed, uneducated or just plainly downright thick but on this occasion, I will.

Firstly, I am exceptionally knowledgeable about the game and highly qualified enough to make good honest and sensible opinions having worked in the game for many years.

Even though I am on the other side of the world now, I am and have been a supporter for almost all of my 60 years but the standard of service provided by the administration and management Newcastle United football club to its customers especially over the past two years or so has been nothing short of disgraceful both on and off the park.

They are running the club as a dictatorship, lacking in any form of ambition, intelligence or integrity with the sole purpose of milking the support for financial gain to Sports Direct. I can only compare this to how North Korea is run. Maybe the owner should change his name to Kim Il Mike. It would be more appropriate.

Due to this and like many others, I will withdraw any support, no matter how minimum it may be, until thus despot and his chums leave, no doubt with their ill gotten gains.

• expatmag

Sep 22, 2014 at 6:58 AM

Westoz

Yes. I am in Melbourne, down on the Mornington Peninsula

• c-dog

Sep 22, 2014 at 7:09 AM

Sissoko is a holding midfielder and can’t link matching socks

• catchy in norway

Sep 22, 2014 at 7:11 AM

jef from pennywell

does it matter where a person is in the world ? all these big clubs love the fact that have such great support from so many different places.

I also think you will find that a great number of geordies like myself have tried to give better lives for our families by moving abroad, greater opportunities for myself and them.

I myself am not afraid of change, if your not happy with something , change it.

im betting your a dole waller who just sits at home playing computer games wearing your different nufc tops all day every day with baked bean stains all over them.

you were not popular at school and bullied , I bet you can not kick a ball, and really have no idea what the game is about, this you prove on a daily bases

• expatmag

Sep 22, 2014 at 7:16 AM

Catchy

I doubt he even knows where Australia is….lol….probably thinks we are somewhere in the himilayas.

There again, he probably thinks the himilayas are a suburb of Birmingham …..lol

• WestOzMag

Sep 22, 2014 at 7:21 AM

jeff your thick end of. I have no time for ppl like you. Enjoy your goldfish bowl.

• WestOzMag

Sep 22, 2014 at 7:32 AM

Lovely spot where you live expat. I used to live in Melbourne in the 80’s but relocated to Perth. Still like going back to have a visit. Alot nicer then going to Benidorm Jeff

• MonkseatonMag

Sep 22, 2014 at 7:40 AM

investinyouthtoon @2

Totally agree. The toon army were pathetic. We deserve everything we get from this regime

RIP Newcastle

• firebug666

Sep 22, 2014 at 7:49 AM

I really cannot understand how anyone can accept Saturdays result as a good thing.

The team is still woefully inadequate at the back having conceded 11 in 5 games so far. We look better going forward but have little return for the effort.

Cisse while good on Saturday still has a lot to prove for me, he scored two goals, but will he continue?

The expected protests were rubbish, it seems that the fans at the ground have capitulated and simply accept this is what Newcastle are now. The expectant cameras had nothing to show the world, the same as the expectant media had nothing to write about. Protest! What protest?

Once more we are a laughing stock around the world.

We are nothing now, just a shell of a once great club, No heart, No soul and no stomach for the fight. We have let Jabba the Hut and the inept one win, while we crawl fawning and whimpering through the turnstiles handing Jabba another wad of cash, and a slice of our soul.

• Jail for Ashley

Sep 22, 2014 at 7:51 AM

Jeff from pennywell is single handedly the most vile and obnoxious poster we have on here, baiting people with jibes on their mothers breast cancer is simply unacceptable, apart from a very rare thought on what he thinks the team should be from our very limited pool his only contributions are to slag others off.

• catchy in norway

Sep 22, 2014 at 7:57 AM

expat,

he has probably never been outside of Newcastle, his holidays are whitely bay caravan park

• WestOzMag

Sep 22, 2014 at 8:15 AM

Thanks Jail, ill take note. Keyboard warrior one suggests.

• expatmag

Sep 22, 2014 at 8:16 AM

Westoz

On a day like today, in particular. A nice sunny 24 degrees. We live half way up Arthurs Seat, overlooking Port Philip Bay. The missus is just getting our dinner ready whilst I set the table up outside on our veranda. A nice bottle of sav. Blanc in the late evening sunshine.

• Average_Contents

Sep 22, 2014 at 8:16 AM

you to all the supporters who backed our campaign before and during the match with Hull City yesterday.

Prior to kick-off our group of volunteers distributed more than 20,000 SackPardew.com flyers and over 100 banners, with many people who wanted the latter turned away as we did not have enough to meet demand. The support we received before the game has left us in no doubt that a majority of fans share our view that Alan Pardew is not fit to manage Newcastle United, with the response in our multiple locations almost entirely positive.

We would also like to thank Britannia Banners of Wallsend for their exceptionally hard work, the proprietors of the pubs that allowed us to display and distribute our material, the Newcastle fans at PrintNE for their incredible generosity and the media outlets who have allowed us to shine a spotlight on Pardew’s disgraceful performance since the summer of 2012. We have noticed a sea-change in the tone of discussion about Newcastle United in the media in the two weeks since our website was created, with far more focus on the manager and his record now apparent. As this was our primary aim when we started, we are delighted to have had such an influence in such a short space of time.

Regretfully, the vote of no confidence in the manager was not as visible as we had hoped within the stadium. Despite the club’s prior assertion that non-offensive protest material is allowed into the ground, a vastly increased number of stewards were confiscating banners and flyers on turnstiles and placing them into black bags, many of which were full to bursting by kick off. Stewards were also seen to remove material within the stadium itself. We were nevertheless extremely pleased to see many fans who did manage to get banners and flyers into the ground stand with us and demand change, and we hope these fans will stand with us again soon.

We are also well aware that there are a large number of supporters who do not wish to protest in any form within St. James’ Park. That is their prerogative, however with the team currently bottom of the Premier League and one of only three in the division who have failed to win a single game, we are more certain than ever that Alan Pardew’s continued employment is a serious danger to both the short and long term future of Newcastle United Football Club. Therefore we will not stop until either this employment has been terminated, or until Pardew gives the club a chance to remain in the top flight by offering his resignation. To this end, we will continue undeterred in our efforts, invigorated by the fantastic local, national and international support we have been given to date.

A more comprehensive response to Saturday will be released in due course, after we have made contact with the club, local council and Northumbria Police.

• expatmag

Sep 22, 2014 at 8:18 AM

Catchy

Do people from Pennywell know where Whitley Bay is?…lol

• BuckLuck

Sep 22, 2014 at 8:20 AM

I’m surprised people on this blog STILL think we did a good job againt Hull or that the future might be bright under Pardew. The only thing you prove(besides your extremely naive personality) is that you’re not that into the game… more just Newcastle United as a social thing perhaps.

If we had more realistic fans we could get rid of Ashley and Pardew together. Thank you for not helping at all!

• Average_Contents

Sep 22, 2014 at 8:22 AM

I think it was OP I was discussing it with regarding the media coverage of sackpardew.com.

Like it says in their statement they are slightly disappointed about the silence in the ground but are very happy it had the impact it did regarding parsnips abysmal record in getting it out in the media.

Before it was, I think it’s fair to say that the public perception was we are deluded toon supporters but now it’s shown why we are infact so fcuking annoyed. Mission one accomplished as far as I’m concerned.

• catchy in norway

Sep 22, 2014 at 8:29 AM

EXPAT

yes, its exotic tyneside

• spitfire_

Sep 22, 2014 at 8:33 AM

GeordieTwo @ 3

How exactly did you see the fans to keep the stadium empty? Especially after this saturday fiasco with “the protest”… They just didn’t care. It was supposed to be 20 000 banners but I don’t see more than 3-4 000. The most of the fans at the stadium are like just the owner… disinterested.