Newcastle Need These Two Players To Come Through – Quickly

Whatever team Alan Pardew was thinking of putting out tomorrow night at Crystal Palace, it will probably have to change with the sickness reported today of Tim Krul, Papiss Cisse and Yoan Gouffran.

remy cabella hull

Remy Cabella in action on Saturday

In fact Cisse was played on Saturday without being fully fit, and he also had a head cold, but he had looked so good in training that Pardew put him on the bench.

And the Senegal striker came on for the last 20 minutes and saved Newcastle and manager Pardew, with two good goals to get Newcastle a 2-2 draw.

Remy Cabella had a decent enough game on Saturday but some of our new players have to start coming through, and up till now it has all looked too much for them, as they try to get to grips with the Premier League.

This is what Alan Pardew has said about two of our new forwards who have been struggling so far this season:

“I was really pleased with Cabella. He’s such an important player for us with Siem de Jong out, and I don’t think up until now he has really produced a performance which warrants his tag, the money we have spent.¨

“But I really felt he showed the character, he showed the quality that really buoyed me, if I am honest, that has buoyed me a little bit going into the next game.”

“I feel some sympathy for Manu (Riviere) because he has had to carry the shirt and he’s not ready to carry that shirt yet full-time.¨ “It’s a shirt that is heavy and I think he has seen an example from Papiss to take that chance to make that little movement in the box.¨

“He’s only 24, Riviere, and really and truly, we have had too much responsibility on him.”

With Papiss Cisse now ruled out of the game tomorrow night, it may mean we have to play Riviere in that game, which we have to try to win and improve the terrible record Newcastle have racked up this year.

We will probably see Rob Elliot, Massadio Haidara, Mehdi Abeid and Sammy Ameobi all come into the side for tomorrow night, but the side needs to be good enough to get through the Capital One Cup tie, and that will not be easy.

Crystal Palace under new manager Neil Warnock have yet to taste defeat, and they have two draws and a great win at Everton last Saturday, since Warnock took over before the 3-3 draw with Newcastle.

You can follow us on our three social media sites below:

• Our Toon

Sep 23, 2014 at 3:27 PM

Im Glad cisse is out of the game as he’d be rushed back and injured further

• mag92

Sep 23, 2014 at 3:33 PM

Pardew getting his excuses in before he wimps out of another cup competition.

• toonarmydownsouth

Sep 23, 2014 at 3:37 PM

So a cup game comes round and surprise surprise we have players dropping out with a mystery virus

• ilovetoon8788

Sep 23, 2014 at 3:48 PM

Obvious he’s been told to say our important players have to be released as cup is not our priority. Thus the nonsense of some virus.

But I support this this season. We need to go out on cups to focus on league survival.

• geordie157

Sep 23, 2014 at 3:49 PM

442 tomorrow then.

Elliot
    Jamaat, Taylor, streete, haidara
    Sissoko, tiote, abeid, Sammy
    Riviere, Perez

• geordie157

Sep 23, 2014 at 3:51 PM

Actually I wouldn’t mind seeing riviere up top with Armstrong.

Obertan will prob feature knowing pardew.

• James RS

Sep 23, 2014 at 3:52 PM

Yes the usual mystery illnesses cropping up just before a cup tie. In the league though I also am now fearing a relegation scrap if we are bottom after the first 5 games just look at our fixtures for march and early april! I still don’t blame Pardew; with the right backing he would do well even Shearer says that Pardew has no say over transfers and feels sorry for the guy its got to come down to Mike Ashley at the end of the day even if we changed manager he would be dragged down to Ashleys way of thinking and what he wants and we would be calling for his head too after a period of time.
    Mike Ashley is about 5th richest owner in the premiership and wont spend other than what he brings in in transfers then he pockets the TV money and Place money etc. Newcastle is a business to him; if he doesn’t want success for our club he should get out now.

• martoon

Sep 23, 2014 at 3:54 PM

Do people seriously think the club would make up a story about a virus? If the club decided not to play certain players then they wouldn’t regardless of what the fans thought – they have never given a damn in the past so why would they start now?

• tequilamag

Sep 23, 2014 at 3:57 PM

James RS, the usual mystery illnesses? When has illness been mentioned before.?
    I know it`s a crazy thought but people do get ill and guess what sometimes a virus can spread.

• Average_Contents

Sep 23, 2014 at 3:57 PM

As soon as I read it my initial thought was how convenient.

Orders from up top?

• Lilongwe Geordie

Sep 23, 2014 at 4:02 PM

martoon,
    I agree, why bother inventing an illness. Particularly for these three players. Cisse isn’t fully fit, absolutely no point risking him anyway. Elliot has regularly played in the cups, and I don’t think too many would be bothered by that, and Goofy, most think he needs resting anyway.

I don’t really see any benefit to the club by lying about this. However it is a reflection of how much distrust and how poor the relationship between club and fans is that may have jumped straight to a conspiracy theory.

• catchy in norway

Sep 23, 2014 at 4:04 PM

seems very strange it only affects our top players

• dazzler

Sep 23, 2014 at 4:06 PM

To be honest, he would’ve rested gouffran and Krul anyway and cisse probably wasn’t fit to start so it would only really affect the bench.

But I now see his excuse being pinned on the mystery bug if we lose. I can sense a win tomorrow though for some reason. I feel like he’ll go it hoping we get a top 4 side in the next round to do his job for him

• Average_Contents

Sep 23, 2014 at 4:06 PM

ilovetoon

lol! Seriously? You sound like the club mate.

• Average_Contents

Sep 23, 2014 at 4:11 PM

Why bother competing for anything then eh! Might aswell just throw the towel in now.

• toon kk

Sep 23, 2014 at 4:12 PM

Pardew will definitely play a weak team tomorrow night its all we have.

• optimistic prime

Sep 23, 2014 at 4:14 PM

AC

Oh, we are competing then? 😉

• Go toon gooooo

Sep 23, 2014 at 4:15 PM

Crystal Palace is very dangerous attacking club.It wouldn’t be surprise if we get thrashing in this cup game.Crystal Palace is one of the clubs we need to be defensively oriented.Surely our most important objective is win and we all hope so.

• Geremi's Prosthetic Leg Fund

Sep 23, 2014 at 4:18 PM

Yep I don’t believe this for a second either. It’s just too convenient at a time when the pressure is heavy to play the strongest team and win well. Another excuse for him to hide behind.

• toonarmydownsouth

Sep 23, 2014 at 4:20 PM

martoon
    They made up some BS about Tiote being injured so why not?

• Lilongwe Geordie

Sep 23, 2014 at 4:23 PM

tads,
    Also Cabaye’s strike (although both that and Tiote are guesswork on our part). Totally different though. Those two lies were to protect a saleable asset. Here we are protecting players that I were unlikely to start. Why bother if it isn’t true.

• optimistic prime

Sep 23, 2014 at 4:26 PM

I personally don’t care who’s in or out as IMO this is a must win game for Pardew.

Cups may not be a priority but winning is a habit as is losing, a draw and a win on penalties isn’t good enough.

He has to go to win the game on the night as no replays.

If he tips up looking for a draw then he crosses his fingers for a draw we’ll take a beating and he’ll have no where to hide and there’ll be another result to beat him with.

I’m expecting a comfortable loss.

• optimistic prime

Sep 23, 2014 at 4:28 PM

That should read

Hope for a draw and crosses fingers for a win on penalties.

• martoon

Sep 23, 2014 at 4:30 PM

Anyway I would imagine some of the local reporters speak directly to players – mobile phone, messaging etc. and it would soon get out if it was a tale.

• Average_Contents

Sep 23, 2014 at 4:34 PM

The cups are that much of a distraction that the club won’t even tell the players when the games are lol. No pre-match presser, nothing in the matchday programme and nothing on the website only the virus. Hmmm. It’s almost as if they don’t want us to know we’re in them.

Dummett – who feels that the return of Papiss Cisse has re-ignited the team – said: “We need to go on and get a victory at Crystal Palace.

“It has been tough, so Papiss has hopefully given us a bit extra confidence that we can go out there and score goals.

“And we’ve got to go out there tonight, be confident and hopefully we can get some more goals and win a game.”

• toon kk

Sep 23, 2014 at 4:34 PM

One of Our major problem’s this season is down to poor tranfers, alot of money has been wasted on the wrong players.
    buying injury prone, light weights and chancers doesn’t work.
    its a gamble by Mash with resale in mind.

• Average_Contents

Sep 23, 2014 at 4:40 PM

Oh and dummett, don’t lie mate we all know the club isn’t arsed because theyve said as much. No use trotting out with “we’re in it to win it” a little late for that.

• optimistic prime

Sep 23, 2014 at 4:41 PM

Toon KK

It’s not just the wrong players, we let 12 go bought 9 and sent two of those back.
    So really we only got 7 yet let 12 leave and out of those 7 Perez is one for the future Fereya is pants by all accounts so you could argue we only got 5 with any decent chance of making it in prem this year. Rivière is 50/50 so maybe 4 have a chance.

The whole transfer window was actually the worst we’ve had but names like SDJ and Cabella with Colback running round aimlessly has pulled the wool over fans eyes.

A shocking window IMO

• Average_Contents

Sep 23, 2014 at 4:42 PM

OP

I know what was I thinking….silly me 😉

• Our Toon

Sep 23, 2014 at 4:44 PM

Before the final day of the window many were labelling this as the best window and that these signings were better than the ones that left. Amazing what 5 games does

As for the virus bug thing, yeah these players probably weren’t going to play but this will be used as an excuse if we lose as AP will lament not having the players or if we win he’ll spin it and say how good a manager he is.

It’s damage limitation time, excuses of key players being injured such as non starter Aarons and SDJ

• dazzler

Sep 23, 2014 at 4:45 PM

How good would it be for our second string to rebel against orders, attack for dear life and smash the fcuk out of palace. Oh to dream our reserves are that good haha

• Our Toon

Sep 23, 2014 at 4:48 PM

OP

Spot on, I posted links on here with Colback lack of passing forward, he’s a serial side to side passer….A poor man’s joe Allen. Runs a lot but does very little.

• Tinman

Sep 23, 2014 at 4:51 PM

Actually I’m sure another team was hit by a virus earlier this week. Think it was Villa. It happens!

• Tinman

Sep 23, 2014 at 4:53 PM

Riviere is suposed to play alongside a target man. Don’t buy players if you are stuck in one formation who don’t fit.

• Our Toon

Sep 23, 2014 at 4:56 PM

Most if Villa lads played, weidman went off at HT because he vomited on the pitch, unsurprisingly in has affected there reserve and youth players so the club is in quarantine mode.

We have 3 1st teamers affected.

• Tinman

Sep 23, 2014 at 5:00 PM

Maybe more will be affected in the coming days. We will see. Just saying, it is unfair to make such speculations. Krul is GK so he doesn’t need rested. They could simply say Cisse isn’t fit enough to play yet if they didn’t want to play him.

I don’t see why they would need such fabrication for that. Illnesses happen and when people are together everyday it is likely that they will catch it too at some stage…

• oldbobaycliffe

Sep 23, 2014 at 5:01 PM

what a difference in attitudes liverpool are to spend 75 million on extending their ground to 59 thousand everton are talking about building a new ground yet again to increase the size of the crowd.ashley does things his way appoints a crap manager reduces the standard of players and tries(49 thousand against hull)and looks like gradually reducing the size of the crowd.

• Average_Contents

Sep 23, 2014 at 5:01 PM

Nice little story. lmfao at the king bit….what a knobhead. I’d of knocked the kunt clean out like.

West Ham employee, Steve Bacon

“I don’t like Alan Pardew. There, I’ve said it. In fact, I don’t think I’ve ever known a more arrogant person in my life. We never got on from the first moment we met – and our relationship deteriorated from there. There was one occasion when I threatened to stick a fork in his hand. I was sort of joking, but there were definitely times when I felt like swinging at him. Or telling him to fork off, if you follow my drift.”

“Let me tell you a story. In fact, it’s called the ‘King story’ among those who were present and who believe it’s a perfect example of Pardew’s arrogance. We were staying at a hotel in the North East ahead of a game at Sunderland during Alan’s first season in charge and were about to have our Friday evening meal. The players were restricted to boiled chicken or pasta, or suchlike, whereas the rest of the West Ham party had the choice of the entire menu. I sat down with Pardew, kit manager Eddie Gillam, physiotherapist John Green and fitness coach Tony Strudwick, who now works for Manchester United and has done very well for himself. We ordered our meals and suddenly Pardew asked us all what we were having. I think Eddie said he’d gone for the chicken, while I’d chosen the steak. Pards then turned to Struds, who revealed whatever it was he’d asked for. ‘That sounds good,’ said Pards. ‘Tell you what; if yours is better than mine when it turns up, I’m having that.’ That was one of the things he’d always say: I’m having that. ‘See that bloke’s haircut? I’m having that.’ He said it all the time. Anyway, I wasn’t ‘having that’ at all. So I said, ‘Well, you’re certainly not having my dinner. You’ll get a fork in the back of your hand!’ Pardew sort of laughed, before turning back to Struds and saying, ‘Yeah, if yours is better than mine, I’m having that.’ Our meals eventually arrived and Pards looked at Tony and said, ‘Yeah, I was right, yours definitely looks much better than mine; I’m having that.’ And he went to swap the plates over. ‘You can’t do that!’ I said. ‘What do you mean?’ he asked. ‘You can’t just take somebody else’s dinner,’ I said in disbelief. And he replied, without any hint of a joke, ‘When you’re the King, you can do anything.’ Eddie, Tony, John and I just looked at each other and there was an uncomfortable silence for a moment. Struds was a nice guy but he could be a bit of a ‘yes man’ at times and so he just allowed Pardew to swap the plates. However, the rest of us were flabbergasted by it all and we ended up discussing what had happened in the bar. Alan kept a straight face when referring to himself as ‘the King’ and I just couldn’t believe the arrogance of the man.”

• optimistic prime

Sep 23, 2014 at 5:01 PM

Our toon

From what I’ve seen of him I totally agree on Colback.

Someone on here asked me when the season started what I thought of our window and I said disappointing when the window closed it was terrifying.

Don’t get me wrong I’m pleased with Janmatt Cabella and SDJ all are decent with room to improve the rest are gambles! Huge gambles and we could be in serious trouble unless the lot step up!

• Average_Contents

Sep 23, 2014 at 5:03 PM

Sorry that’s from sackpardew.com 😀

New article out on his treatment of player’s and his massive ego.

1 2 3 5