The Newcastle Staff Were Hostile To Me – Ben Arfa

The stand-off between Newcastle manager Alan Pardew and French winger Ben Arfa had no winners, let’s make that perfectly clear – both parties had some responsibility for what happened.

ben arfa arsenal at home 1-0

Ben Arfa – while at Newcastle for four years since August, 2010

But Ben Arfa has now come out and said he was not treated well by the staff at Newcastle in his last few months on Tyneside, before he was shipped out on loan to Hull City for the last year of his contract, and he will become a free agent next summer.

Ben Arfa will never return to Newcastle.

This is what the 13 times capped French International has said today to Canal+ in France:

“When they put you in the reserves, when they change your number during pre-season, when all of the staff are hostile to you, of which I cannot speak about today – it is difficult to explain but I will not forget,”

That’s not particularly a good advertisement for Newcastle United,  and we cannot think what Ben Arfa did to warrant such treatment from Newcastle this year.

We know he is a difficult player to manage and he has a history of that – and he had fallen out with then Marseilles manager Didier Deschamps when he first arrived at Newcastle in August of 2010.

But if all he did was confront the Newcastle manager in the dressing room after some of our many losses in the second half of last season – that doesn’t sound enough to receive the treatment he got from the Newcastle manager and it seems the staff too.

But we really don’t know what happened and we suppose the full truth will eventually come out sometime in the future, but this is one of the reasons Newcastle fans are against Alan Pardew – we could have used Ben Arfa’s ability to win games this season.

Even if he doesn’t track back and defend as he should do.

It’s a very sad case on both sides.

You can follow us on our three social media sites below:

• Average_Contents

Sep 24, 2014 at 3:02 PM

The end of sackpardew.com statement regarding the hull game. Looks like if parsnip is pushed then they’ll concentrate on fatty. Good to hear imo.

We feel that this is not the club we love or the club we once knew, but that more and more this is a branch of Sports Direct run by a charlatan, acting as a puppet for his master.

These people must not be allowed to continue unopposed.

We will not stop until they are both gone.

Alan Pardew is just the start.

Howay the lads!

• thejokethatisnufc

Sep 24, 2014 at 3:03 PM

Clubs a joke

• Average_Contents

Sep 24, 2014 at 3:04 PM

Interesting words from benny those. Come on benny spill the beans pal lol. Hopefully when he’s not technically our player he will.

• thejokethatisnufc

Sep 24, 2014 at 3:04 PM

Ben Arfa is something else watch him shine.

• catchy in norway

Sep 24, 2014 at 3:05 PM

I really feel sorry for HBA

his crime, being able to play football

• beermonkey

Sep 24, 2014 at 3:08 PM

average

players rarely spill the beans more so from our lot

good that sack pardew lot will go after the fat man next
    they seem to have more about them than nust or others in getting stuff organised

• Average_Contents

Sep 24, 2014 at 3:14 PM

Beermonkey

I know mate but he’s saying nit today implying he will in the future so hopefully it’s at the end of the season. Fcuking hope so.

• G

Sep 24, 2014 at 3:18 PM

Whilst I feel HBA’s treatment has been nothing short of diabolical, I find it curious that none of his current, or ex team mates have come out and defended him? Unless they have and I’ve just missed it.

• Bambams

Sep 24, 2014 at 3:20 PM

He spoke out after the Liverpool hammering ! Allegedly most of it was in french but enough in English. Pards allegedly looked foolish and the rest is history.
    Was told this ages ago, I work with a former player who obviously still has friends at the club.
    Leave it there. We still use this link for the odd charity shirt signing so wont be naming names.

• beermonkey

Sep 24, 2014 at 3:21 PM

average

I just hope by that time pards has gone

I don’t think many of are players are happy and a a few that have left have alluded to poor training and not doing enough

its a shame where we find ourselves

• AndyMac

Sep 24, 2014 at 3:27 PM

I enjoyed watching HBA play for us during the time he was at the club.

Time will tell this season, while he’s at Hull, whether we have a clueless halfwit or a talented man manager in charge of team affairs. I’m guessing it’ll be the former.

• croftus5678

Sep 24, 2014 at 3:39 PM

am i the only one who finds this very hard to believe ?

ok first i hear about pards not liking him and i was willing to accept that ! theres evidence that pards could be that sort of person with his defensive management and ability to pick more defensive minded players ahead of him.

but come on ! now the staff were against him ? we know the players fell out with him last season as it was reported and every game arfa played in you could see the rest of our players were not happy with him playing but i get the feeling now he’s a spoiled little brat telling porkie’s now which to me has lost all credability of me even trying to blame pards for freezing him out 🙁

• Transfer Sage

Sep 24, 2014 at 3:40 PM

Bambams

I heard from a friend who met a current nufc player over the summer whilst on holiday and he was told that Ben arfa was an arrogant, unlikable person.

• Markaccus

Sep 24, 2014 at 3:46 PM

I think, even if this is mostly because of Pardews preferance for defensive players, it is going to have to be accepted that HBA is a pain in the arse. Better managers would deal with it better, no doubt, but better managers have already drawn a line eventually. I would have much rather have had a fit and focussed HBA playing for us. On his day he could be magnificent, no doubt. His treatment has clearly been heavy handed, but he isn’t this poor innocent lamb that some make him out to be.

• dazzler

Sep 24, 2014 at 3:50 PM

Ts,

It looks as though you have spelled “Pardew” wrong 😉

I’m kidding of course, I think it’s a good possibility that it was a battle of two enormous ego’s and the manager had the most backing

• mag92

Sep 24, 2014 at 3:51 PM

The club hostile look at the calibre of the two goons the king has coaching for him, Woodman and Carver, insulting and threatening young supporters these two beauties are a great recruiting drive for the sack Pardew. Com. campaign.

• chris.crad

Sep 24, 2014 at 3:56 PM

Really random question, but I’m looking to possibly go to the game against Stoke on Monday but I’m not a member on the NUFC website. Is the £35 membership worth getting if I’m not likely to go to many other matches? If not does anyone know of alternative ways to get hold of one-off away tickets?

• Slank

Sep 24, 2014 at 4:02 PM

TS @ 13

I was in Dubai and in the hotel bar was a current Newcastle player, who has asked to remain nameless, and he repeated what your friend was told.

Ben Arfa had few, if any, friends at the club. He wasn’t liked by the players. The players supported their captain and manager in dealing with Ben Arfa. They all thought that Ben Arfa brought it all on himself due to his attitude.

• Average_Contents

Sep 24, 2014 at 4:05 PM

What? £35 membership? Fcuk me that’s gone up hasn’t it the robbing bastards.

Me and my younger bro used to take turns paying £21 each year for the membership to make sure we got good seats in the gallowgate. Spread out over 9-10 games of the season on top of the matchday ticket it didn’t seem that bad and was well worth it.

• Slank

Sep 24, 2014 at 4:09 PM

Dazzler @ 15

It wasn’t a battle between two egos. The way I was told it was the manager responding to the ‘demands’ of the senior players.

• Our Toon

Sep 24, 2014 at 4:09 PM

Croftus

Surely this is unbelievable mate I mean come let’s look at what we do know, fans were threatened at the Southampton game and told to go to the training ground to face carver 1 on 1 and this is because of anti pardew protests. Imagine what treatment a player would get for questioning the managers tactics.

He certainly isn’t innocent but isn’t it funny that without him the team have had worse results than when he played from the start. We created more and scored more, Non Disclosure agreements players sign says it all, we this regime moves on the lid will be lifted by Cabaye, HBA and others.

• dazzler

Sep 24, 2014 at 4:10 PM

I get the feeling we are gonna go for it tonight. I feel like pards can’t afford not too. The pressure is already on him and if he throws in the towel tonight he’s just making his situation worse. It would completely stupid of him to field the bairns and get turned over. But then stupidity, pardew and Ashley go together like a house on fire.

• mag92

Sep 24, 2014 at 4:11 PM

HBA and MYM, were shipped out because they confronted the king and explained that they thought he was the worst manager they had ever worked under.

• dazzler

Sep 24, 2014 at 4:13 PM

Slank,

So I’m essence pardew caved to player power, which was part of the reason hughton was binned apparently. Hopefully history repeats itself and pards is tin tacked in the near future then

• Our Toon

Sep 24, 2014 at 4:13 PM

Slank

Don’t even get me started on Colo, here’s a man who abandoned his team mid season, probably the main reason MYM was shipped off. I’ve said it before but Colo is a problem, he’s part of the cancerous regime. Colo released a statement when the window closed, he was happy with the transfer dealings. It’s follow Colo or end up like Yanga and HBA.

• Whumpie

Sep 24, 2014 at 4:13 PM

Others have nailed what I would say about this:

The case for the defence is that all he did was speak out and everyone in the club ended up hating him, he didn’t get selected, ended up not even getting into the reserve matches, he lost his number and was shipped out. Evidence: he says so.

Case for the prosecution: he’s fallen out with previous clubs, nobody is speaking up for him – not even his team mates at NUFC or any previous club (just people on here desperate for an anti-pardew figurehead). We know the club tried the ‘arm round the shoulder’ approach, and yet he was out of shape and when given a chance he played like he didn’t give a stuff about anything but showing off his skills when he had the ball.

Verdict?

Feck off Hatem.

• dazzler

Sep 24, 2014 at 4:15 PM

Mag92, while true of HBA I don’t think it was the case of M’biwa, he himself has said he wasn’t happy in England and couldn’t cope with the physicality of the league.. Maybe he pushed for a move?

• dazzler

Sep 24, 2014 at 4:17 PM

Our toon, if end up like m’biwa is an option I choose that.. Champions league football all the way, even HBA is in the europa league if I’m not mistaken?

Seems like Colo must be a damn good salesmam, or hypnotist haha

• Our Toon

Sep 24, 2014 at 4:17 PM

Sounds more like Colo wanted them gone and Colo has MA ear, more so than Pardew. Not the 1st time pardew has crumbled to pressure from a player, Demba Ba being the 1st time and Colo returning and becoming an automatic starter as well as returning as skipper

• Bambams

Sep 24, 2014 at 4:18 PM

Transfer Sage

Fella I cant add what he was like, and obviously I am not aware of any other players other than I think Cabaye having defended Benny.
    The fact he fell out with was it Deschamps speaks volumes. He must be difficult.

I often wonder how good he could of been under KK or BR.

Cheers for the craic mate.

• Whumpie

Sep 24, 2014 at 4:19 PM

Average Contents @1 – I thought that, too. Quite a good statement, really and hinted that perhaps this was just a test-run for better things to come.

While I sympathise that the club did scupper much of the protest (all too predicably and easily – they need to wise up next time) I do think their main problem was that within the stadium there were too many people who considered the protest’s target to be the wrong one.

For me it was like trying to solve the Israeli-Palestinian conflict by calling for AK-47s to be banned. It’s just missing the point.

If they can now come up with a new campaign based on turning NUFC from a giant advert for Ashley’s company into quite the opposite, I think they’ll be onto something. Let’s just hope they manage it.

I still think that some good co-ordination along rows of seats could work well. T-shirts with a letter each, in the SD logo style, spelling out things like “SPORTS DIRE-WRECKED”, “CHAVS DIRECT” and “SWEAT SHOP” would get into the press, onto social media and onto TV coverage.

For me, that’s the answer. It means nobody has to stay away from matches. We get to support the team, and we get to kick Ashley right where it hurts: just up and across from his numb nuts, in the wallet.

• Our Toon

Sep 24, 2014 at 4:20 PM

Dazzler

The only way Colo can prolong his career is to ensure there isn’t enough competition for his position, it’s the reason I believe we’ve been left short for many years at CB!! Yanga did say it was more physical than he was accustomed to but he also said that he pleaded to be play in his best position, he wasn’t given that chance….i wonder why

• Whumpie

Sep 24, 2014 at 4:21 PM

Hey, fancy that – my post about Benny didn’t appear. “Moderated”, I think is the phrase.

Why’s that, then? A bit against the grain on this site? Heresy against the Great Monobrowed One?

• Average_Contents

Sep 24, 2014 at 4:24 PM

Whumpie

They’ve already said hide the banners tonight so I guess they’ve learnt their lesson lol.

I agree fat man should be the target, more specifically shite direct but I also think targeting his complicit puppet is a good starting point as he’s the focal point for the regime and has been since the lucky bastard landed the job.

• croftus5678

Sep 24, 2014 at 4:24 PM

@21 our toon

where are you getting these stats from buddy ?
    i’m pretty sure if i look for games that arfa played in it wont be all that different from what it is now tbh ! we remember the wonder goals but forget how useless he was in most the other games.

and ye i hear about the banner thing but no idea what was actually said tbh but i cant believe that arfa was discriminated against by the staff and pards ! as what reason would they have to do it ?

and cabaye still recommends us to his friends i.e. cabella ect so its not as bad as all that.

• mag92

Sep 24, 2014 at 4:24 PM

If Colocini has so much influence how come his best pal Jonas has been given the same treatment as HBA and MYM?

• Slank

Sep 24, 2014 at 4:25 PM

Dazzler

Without knowing the inner details all managers support their captains and senior players no doubt supported by his coaches.

Football is a team sport and supporting the team is paramount.

Pardew could not ignore the views of his captain, senior players and coaches. To say that it was only between Ben Arfa and Pardew is totally and completely wrong.

• Our Toon

Sep 24, 2014 at 4:26 PM

No doubting he was a terror when younger and he’s acknowledged that, if reports are true Nasri is apparently worse attitude wise. A sign that someone has changed is not forcing a move by jumping on a plane and refusing to come back as he did to get his move to us.

To many on here love to bash the player even though he’s said he’s changed his ways and apologised to people for being immature when making errors at previous clubs. I am baffled though that you’d believe a born liar in pardew who is back up by the thug Carver and worst of all we know the kind of person MA is. I’d back any player ahead of this regime.

The self proclaimed KING wouldn’t have liked having his tactics questioned, and Colo was probably slated as he struggles to navigate the side to a clean sheet.

• Average_Contents

Sep 24, 2014 at 4:28 PM

He also said they play more football which is correct especially where we are concerned.
    It can’t be a coincidence that quite a few who’ve left have also said this.

• Our Toon

Sep 24, 2014 at 4:28 PM

Croftus

Go look at the stats including this season, who to blame now that he’s gone and the results have continued to be the same?