A Touch Of Class From Hatem Ben Arfa

Hatem Ben Arfa has every right to be bitter about his last few months at Newcastle, but life is just too short to bear grudges,  and the Newcastle winger has come out and said how he was really touched when he returned to St. James’ Park last Saturday – but as a Hull City player.

hatem ben arfa

Hatem Ben Arfa – doesn’t want Pardew fired

This is what Ben Arfa said to Canal + a few days ago, some of which we have already published:

“Returning to St.James’ Park really touched me, it made me happy, it was weird though being back there as a visitor.”

“ I do not blame Alan Pardew, I do not want him fired, the important thing is to develop myself.” “It was the last five minutes of the transfer window when I arrived at Hull.”

“The manager Steve Bruce has built something interesting and I think we can expect to be in the top ten.”

In this same interview he had said he was not treated well by the Newcastle staff, and he had said he would not forget that – but we see Ben Arfa is again talking about developing himself as a person.

It’s something he talked about when he first arrived at Newcastle, and for the first two or three years at Newcastle he did well both on and off the field and Alan Pardew even went out of his way to say he had been well behaved.

It was only last season that things kind of fell apart for Ben Arfa, and he was basically ostracized by manager Alan Pardew and it seems the coaching staff, earlier this year.

Maybe it was the crushing news he had heard about his former team-mate Jonas Gutierrez, who is fighting testicular cancer, which has now spread to other parts of his body, that may have brought out some tolerance from the French winger.

We don’t know,  but Jonas’ great courage in adversity puts life in perspective for other people – and we find out what’s really important in life.

It’s not about holding grudges.

You can follow us on our three social media sites below:

• magpie6699

Sep 25, 2014 at 8:30 AM

What have we done to offend the Cup Draw fairy? 3 ties – all drawn away from home! Man City away as well. Still,, it could have been worse….err no it probably couldn’t.

• Lost Plot

Sep 25, 2014 at 8:33 AM

Bless him, he’s not on the winning side ..

Anyone booked tickets for Wembly yet?

• Jeff from Benwell

Sep 25, 2014 at 8:35 AM

from previuos
    Love to Welshie – but am in Spain with my work at the moment.

• Jeff from Benwell

Sep 25, 2014 at 8:36 AM

That should read- I’d love to Welshie NOT love to Welshie

• Average_Contents

Sep 25, 2014 at 8:40 AM

Again Mag52 please provide a post where I’ve ever wanted us to lose.

Good luck.

• Markaccus

Sep 25, 2014 at 8:40 AM

The more thats published on this, the more it looks like Pardew has bowed to player pressure. Especially if HBA says he doesn’t blame Pardew. I think there is a hell of a lot more to come on this.

• Slank

Sep 25, 2014 at 8:44 AM

What a huge difference having two wingers and two forwards make. There was some great crosses from the wing, something we lacked against Hull.

Sammy and Obertan were excellent and so was Abeid. Abeid is good enough to play in the first team on a regular basis.

Before the match I didn’t rate Dummitt going forward but he was excellent and linked up with Sammy very effectively. Perhaps our fullbacks benefit from having a recognized winger in front of them.

The only downside to the match, other than who we next play, was Elliott’s kicking which seems to veer off to the touchline half way up the pitch. The other worry was Janmaat who looked quite shaky and was sensibly substituted.

Roll on Man City. I bet they are worried, not.

• Average_Contents

Sep 25, 2014 at 8:44 AM

I asked you to provide proof last time you accused me of “being one of them who wants us to lose” and you failed to do so didn’t you.

So what’s the basis this time? Substance abuse? Alcoholic beverages? Or just being a wanker? I’m going for the latter!

• Average_Contents

Sep 25, 2014 at 8:45 AM

So what’s the basis this time? Substance abuse? Alcoholic beverages? Or just simply being a waste of skin? I’m going for the latter!

• Markaccus

Sep 25, 2014 at 8:46 AM

Slank

Playing players in their positions???? Thats crazy talk,man!

• NUFCJackW

Sep 25, 2014 at 8:48 AM

Amazing what happens when gouffran isnt playing…

• murvar

Sep 25, 2014 at 8:53 AM

He has no right to be bitter at all. I wish you would stop writing articles about him and focus on the players who are representing us now. But I do see that Bruce’s coaching is paying off – Ben Awful actually managed to pass the ball to one of his team mates last night.

• Sav

Sep 25, 2014 at 9:10 AM

Warnock’s Palace fielded an entire second 11 featuring the likes of Doyle, Gayle, Zaha, two actual centrebacks and an actual right back. We couldn’t match that. Were you watching, Monster Mash, or too busy getting your hands on a slice of Tesco pie? Were you watching, Charnley?