This Is What Newcastle Youngster Needs To Succeed

It doesn’t look like Adam Armstrong will start tonight at the Britannia Stadium, as Newcastle manager Alan Pardew has again talked about how he has to protect the young 17 year-old Chapel House Estate prospect, as Adam tries to make it big at his home town club.

Newcastle United Open Training Session

Adam Armstrong – has to be strong mentally to succeed

Alan Pardew has talked to the Shields Gazette today about the latest young hope on Tyneside:

“I think, with young players – and I’ve had some exceptional young players – they need to grow. Their confidence grows.” “If Arma had come off after 15 minutes the other night, it would have been a disaster.”

“He really didn’t play well, and looked nervous.” “But after that period, he did one moment. In a central area of the pitch, he did a smart turn and switched it out wide.”

“Suddenly, you could see his confidence lift.” “For him, it’s not about his body. Physically, I think, he’s ready.” “It’s about his confidence. Has he got the ability to deal with setbacks in games?”

“He answered that question a bit the other night.” “It would have been easy for him not to have played well for the whole of the first half after that start.”

“That’s given me confidence in him that he can handle these situations.” “In training, all the guys probably know he’s got a bit to do, but he’s getting there.”

“We’ve got to make it right for him. Make the atmosphere right for him to play, but it does really come down to Arma’s strength of mind.”

“But from what I’ve seen, I think Arma’s got that. I’ve seen the same in Jonjo Shelvey – a belief that he was going to be a player.”  “He thinks he’s going to be a good player.”

Alan talks about the youngsters he has brought through at other clubs, but he hasn’t done that at Newcastle – at least not yet.

We’ve had very promising young players in the past, but not one of them has really made the great at Newcastle and some of those failing to come through include Tamas Kadar, Ben Tozer, Kazenga Lua Lua, Ryan Donaldson, Nile Ranger, James Tavernier, Shane Ferguson, Sammy Ameobi and Haris Vuckic.

That’s an area the Newcastle manager is measured on, and if we do appoint a new manager soon, that’s an area that needs to improve on Tyneside.

But like in any other profession, to be successful in football you need to be strong mentally to be able to put with the ups and downs of any career – especially when there is so much publicity surrounding football players these days.

Adam Armstrong is no exception to that.

What do you think?

You can follow us on our three social media sites below:

• Rotonda heights

Sep 29, 2014 at 9:19 AM

A proper manager

• catchy in norway

Sep 29, 2014 at 9:26 AM

catchy in norway // Sep 29, 2014 at 9:01 AM

lesh

that’s a bit unfair, I think if you were to go back in time, you will not find many negative pardew comments from the season we finished 12, or the first 8 games in the season we finished 5th.

yes , like just about everyone, I said he wasn’t good enough when he came , but did not go on about it much.
    I was actually quite happy with 12th, “if im honest” but it all changed when he insisted on playing Obertan , who was getting worse and worse week after week. then I started to really watch how he set the team up and what he was really going for, which was not wins, but he got lucky wins,

I also think you will find that I don’t think I have been wrong in what I have said about him, in fact from being one of only a hand full that seen this early, now just about everyone is saying the same thing,

so I find it very strange you having a little pop at me for being right,

I don’t think im wrong in asking for a little entertainment from my football, im not demanding that Ashley goes out and spend crazy money like MAn U, im not demanding that we need to get to cup finals.

what I want is a team that plays 90 minutes of football looking for a win, not containing football, and sneak a point or dare I say it , a win,

pardew will set up the for a game at Chelsea and Burnley. and wonder why we can scrape a point a Chelsea and not win 1-0 at Burnley,

truly shocking manager

• catchy in norway

Sep 29, 2014 at 9:36 AM

last 10 away games off last season.

LWDLWLLLLL

this season

DL

not a lot of hope for him

• dave 1961

Sep 29, 2014 at 9:56 AM

Just a heads up on Sackpardew.com the next protest i being kept quiet so as not to give the club a clue as to where and when the next one will be, sadly we seen the underhand way the club deals with any dissenting voice, firstly they say they will allow in the flyers & banners, but secretly plan to take them off fans, some physically pulling them out of fans hands and threatening stadium bans for those refusing to give them up. without giving anything away i think the next demo will be soon in fact very soon, and you could say sooner than many think, the aim is to get rid of the dinosaur and get a quality manager who will play good football, a very modest aim. Hopefully after this is achieved the next step is to educate Ashley as to what can be with a little more investment, no insults no attack on his business, i heard a little story that hes going cold on rangers as it would cost him too much to get them in the group stages of the champions league, and Athletico Madrid have shown you can take on two of the worlds biggest teams and beat them with the right manager and setup. hears hoping. Not sure if its true but his outburst on Tuesday got me thinking it could just be true, i for one hope it is as we cant get rid of him because any publicity for him is good.

• lesh

Sep 29, 2014 at 9:57 AM

Repost

Catchy

I’m not saying you’re wrong in everything you say about Pardew.

What I am saying is that you don’t see an ounce of anything positive in what he says or does. He surely can’t be wrong in everything he’s done or done?

As is, I agree it’s time he moved on but he has done some good, somewhere down the line in the last couple of seasons?

• Average_Contents

Sep 29, 2014 at 9:59 AM

No wonder he always looks knackered 😉

NEWCASTLE United midfileder Cheick Tiote “has two wives …and a mistress”, says the Sun.
    The paper says Tiote recently married Doukrou Laeticia in his native Ivocy Coast. But he is married to Madeh, with whom he shares a home in Ponteland, Newcastle. And he keeps a mistress, Nikki Mpofu, who gave birth to a baby one year ago and lives in the same area.
    But Madeh “has now ditched him after seeing pictures of the ace marrying Doukrou on the internet”.
    The Sun adds:
    Although having more than one wife is illegal in the UK, it is accepted in Tiote’s homeland.
    Accepted but illegal:
    Polygamy is outlawed under Article 2 of the Civil Code, and has been since 1964… According to UNICEF, in 1998 34.8 per cent of women over all, and 23.5 per cent of girls aged 15-19 were in polygynous unions.
    We then hear from Madeh, who is upset:
    “I was stunned when I saw he had married a second wife. He told me he would marry me. He met my mum and said he’s permitted to have several wives. I was comfortable with that. I never thought he’d marry someone else behind my back.”
    So says the mistress.

• Average_Contents

Sep 29, 2014 at 10:05 AM

Dave

If that’s what sackpardew.com intend to do if the king gets dethroned, help fatty learn the error of his ways then I’m a bit disappointed with them tbh.

I was hoping for a sustained campaign targeting his one true love’s business ethics to get him out too as he’s had enough chances to change things and has fcuked it up every single time.

• catchy in norway

Sep 29, 2014 at 10:06 AM

lesh

I think that’s a tricky one

I think if you look at what he does for the club, then yes, I think he gets more wrong than right.

I base that on who he plays and where he plays them.

I think he gets a lot of things right for him personally, I think his whole agenda is about him and not the club

5th place, the club got Europe that he couldn’t handle
    but he gained 2 manager of the season awards. so I think he did better out of it than the club did, also the football that season was very poor, so did the fans get any enjoyment other than looking at the table ?. no I don’t think so

his last 2 seasons have been disasters ” if im honest”. yet if he had of walked, he could have pinned most of tis on Ashley , now its getting to the stage where the records he is setting shows a lot of fingers are now pointing to him,,

and by no way am I saying Ashley is blameless, he isn’t, but based on football reasons only, pardew has not got many things right

• Slank

Sep 29, 2014 at 10:09 AM

AC @ 6

Having more than one wife is NOT illegal in the UK.

It is illegal to marry multiple wives in the UK.

If a man has multiple wives through a legal ceremony in a country where it is allowed they still remain his wives when he moves to the UK. The law recognizes this.

Why would any man want multiple mothers-in-law ?

• mag92

Sep 29, 2014 at 10:10 AM

Its a defo win for the Mags! The season starts tonight.

• catchy in norway

Sep 29, 2014 at 10:13 AM

mag92

yeh

maybe for stoke 😉

• Menelauos

Sep 29, 2014 at 10:17 AM

I have great hope for the lad, I’ve heard in training he’s immense, and has been playing great for England youth and Newcastle youth. Has potential to be one of the best.

• dave 1961

Sep 29, 2014 at 10:26 AM

Average_Contents

no that’s my opinion as i have not spoken to them about it but its the quickest way to get an improvement they might not have any plans beyond the Sackpardew.com protest.

• mecannylad

Sep 29, 2014 at 10:54 AM

I only hope that when Alan Pardew ceases to be Newcastle United’s manager SackPardew.com don’t ‘preen their feathers too much’
    Results will be his judge…. pure and simple…. nothing else matters in professional sport.
    The spontaneous derision from the SJP crowd at last season’s Cardiff game was far more cutting than SackPardew.com’s recent orchestrations.
    The mistaken desire to remain anonymous will undermine the credibility of SackPardew.com before too long ….that and also the fact that their ‘spokesman’ on radio is very monotone, lacking in real emotion and conviction …rather like a poor man’s Phil Neville when he tried his hand at punditry at the recent World Cup !!
    I know SackPardew.com will be reading this …. they can dish out criticism; lets hope they can take it.
    …by the way …. I’m a Pardew out advocate ….he’ll be gone soon enough.

• toonincheek

Sep 29, 2014 at 10:54 AM

slank @9

So I guess the solution is to marry
    your 1st wife’s (younger) sister?!

• mag92

Sep 29, 2014 at 11:00 AM

The 40 million Ashley shelled out for the team to be in the relegation zone will be the straw that breaks the camels back.

• Average_Contents

Sep 29, 2014 at 11:01 AM

Slank

I’m not really arsed about the intricacies of marital law mate 😉 I just copied and pasted it from a website lol.

• Average_Contents

Sep 29, 2014 at 11:05 AM

Dave

Oh ok mate I thought you where saying they said they had no plans for fatty.

I think it was the final statement after the hull game where they said neither are good for NUFC and after the kings gone they implied fatty’s next.

Here’s hoping!

• Markaccus

Sep 29, 2014 at 11:20 AM

Quite today. Everyone building themselves up for our glorious display of flowing attacking football?

Yeah. Me neither.

• Markaccus

Sep 29, 2014 at 11:24 AM

*quiet

• Average_Contents

Sep 29, 2014 at 11:25 AM

Fifa 15 is definitely to blame lol

• Laurent Robert 32

Sep 29, 2014 at 11:26 AM

“We feel that this is not the club we love or the club we once knew, but that more and more this is a branch of Sports Direct run by a charlatan, acting as a puppet for his master.

These people must not be allowed to continue unopposed.

We will not stop until they are both gone.

Alan Pardew is just the start.”

-sackpardew.com

——–

Average, they will keep pushing and I will help as other like-minded fans will too.

• catchy in norway

Sep 29, 2014 at 11:33 AM

Laurent Robert 32

we used to be everyone’s 2nd team

now we are just a joke to everyone..

people will be tuning into the game tonight more for the fact pardew is facing the sack more than our football.

now that’s sad

• Slank

Sep 29, 2014 at 11:35 AM

AC @ 17

No problem.

I have real symphony for Tiote now knowing that he has potentially three mothers-in-law.

It must be quite a relief to him to be away from them out on the pitch where they cannot get at him and just to content himself with kicking lumps of players.

• Average_Contents

Sep 29, 2014 at 11:39 AM

Slank

Hard slog that mate lol

LR32

Yeah that’s it, I posted it the other day but couldn’t be arsed going to get it again 😀

• Slank

Sep 29, 2014 at 11:42 AM

catchy @ 23

We used to be everyone’s 2nd team but only for a few short years under Keagan and Sir Bobby. Before them and after them we weren’t.

• Laurent Robert 32

Sep 29, 2014 at 11:47 AM

Catchy, I agree, and also what you said earlier about wanting to have the mentality of the team to be set up to attack with purpose and have a pre-prepared plan of how to accomplish it.

For me, it’s about filling our players with pride and belief that they can have the confidence to try and win every game they play in and most of all enjoy playing by expressing themselves creatively on a football pitch.

That does not happen with Pardew’s negative and defeatist attitude not only on the pitch but verbally in interviews as well.

Pardew out, Ashley out.

• Markaccus

Sep 29, 2014 at 11:49 AM

LR32

I am wondering whether its worth merging the names so we can all just say….

Parshley Out..

or

Ashdew Out.

• Laurent Robert 32

Sep 29, 2014 at 11:53 AM

Very concise, Mark. Liars out is even shorter.

• jimiley

Sep 29, 2014 at 11:53 AM

Pardew is part of Ashley’s continuity programme. The big man does not panic when things go wrong. Pards is here for the forseable future so we s ould get behind him and the team. keep the faith. Pards will turn things around. Trust in Big Mike.

• beermonkey

Sep 29, 2014 at 11:55 AM

average

you have to admire the tiote’s stamina but 2 wives and a mistress
    it must cost him a fortune and can you imagine the shoes and hand bags I shudder

• dave 1961

Sep 29, 2014 at 12:03 PM

jimiley

are you real get behind Pardew, yes if hes standing on the edge of a cliff have you been living in a plastic bubble for the last two seasons, i mean some people just don’t understand the laws of physics, this plonkers taking us down 5 wins in 26 games, so what in that tells you he can start to improve when history tells us this always happens with him and the end results the sack. do you want me to spell it out bin simple terms for you so you can understand

• beermonkey

Sep 29, 2014 at 12:09 PM

slank @24

all them yellow cards make a bit of sense now don’t they lol

• Kebabacus

Sep 29, 2014 at 12:19 PM

Oof, no wonder Cheick is angling for a move. Christmas is gonna wipe him out!

• dave 1961

Sep 29, 2014 at 12:20 PM

Hear goes just for jimiley, Pardew takes over a team in 9th position, he more or less just keeps the same team, same training methods, the team initially does well, then he starts slowly changing things, at first the bluff pays off and we some how fluke a 5th place finish, and yes a fluke as i went to the games and i often left shaking my head and wondering how we scraped a win, the next season playing in the Europa league we played a second team almost but it seemed that we still managed to play bad in the premiership and this was blamed on Europe we wuz tired Pardew would say (check how tired the team was under Bobby in Europe). not enough time to prepare, read on Sackpardew.com for the true-facts on other teams in Europe. we are not in Europe now so the fans are to blame. Pardew’s a con man i have known many personally that have blagged their way through a job they could not cope with most get found out and fail Pardews a conman when he stamps his influence on a team they get worse players loose form the downward spiral starts if you leave it too long it takes on an force of its own it becomes un stoppable. just like the last time we went down if shearer had of been appointed 2-3 games sooner we could have stayed up. get rid of Pardew in the next 2 games we could go on to have a good season. Yes i hate Pardew but i have been consistent from day one i hated him, as i knew this day would come.

• Jail for Ashley

Sep 29, 2014 at 12:28 PM

davee 1961,
    Do you do sarcasm, jmiley does ?

• Jeff from Benwell

Sep 29, 2014 at 12:33 PM

None of us is privy to what has passed between Ashley and Pardew but an indicator will be APs selection for tonight If it has a look of desperation about it then Ashley was telling the truth at the Golden Lion If its just an away point grabbing team then we will know that AP has more breathing space

• Markaccus

Sep 29, 2014 at 12:35 PM

LR32

I can actually think of quite a few four-letter names for them, and Liar isnt even near the top of the list 😀

• Jeff from Benwell