Our Man Of The Match Is A Big Surprise

Gabby Obertan came on after 68 minutes at Stoke City last night and had a very good game for Newcastle, and he currently tops our poll for the Man of the Match last night.

alan  pardew last night stoke 1-0

Alan Pardew last night at the end of the game

When he’s played the French winger has looked good so far this season, and he deserves a start at Swansea on Saturday.

Cheick Tiote and Jack Colback again played well in central midfield for Newcastle and they are next in the poll, followed by Daryl Janmaat who had a great shot saved by Stoke goalkeeper Asmir Begovic in the first half.

Newcastle lost 1-0 in what was a key game for Alan Pardew and the team, and it now remains to be seen if he is relieved of his duties as Newcastle manager.

That was our 17th defeat in the last 26 league games, and we have just one win in the last 14 of those league game, a home win against relegated Cardiff City. 🙁

Who Was Newcastle's Best Player At Stoke?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

You can follow us on our three social media sites below:

• Markaccus

Sep 30, 2014 at 9:09 AM

Lesh/catchy

what about “please release me” 😀

• Markaccus

Sep 30, 2014 at 9:11 AM

Beermonkey

He just continues to use players incorrectly. Its insane.

Rotonda

I complained in the same vein as you earlier… refusing to play more than one strike while chasing the game is mind boggling.

• Rotonda heights

Sep 30, 2014 at 9:12 AM

Mag 52

AP has broken endless unwanted records, each one of which are truly damning in the extreme.

One good season when all the stars aligned for one reason or another. Wherever AP goes an initial decent impact is then always and quickly found out thereafter.

Beyond that one good season, AP nearly took us down and has the longest losing streak of any NUFC manager, a feat he repeated for West Ham.

Can you think of any other manager who has incited crowd demos against him at 3 different clubs!!

The record for goals scored and conceded and the win percentage are absolutely appalling .

AP’s weakness with people like Colo and Ba, while his constant self – love (it’s never your fault, alan pardew it’s never your fault) are really stomach turning. Enough is more than enough.

• Magpie Myles

Sep 30, 2014 at 9:14 AM

Toon Tang

Great band! remind me loads of Sigur Ros when i first heard them.

Try this one on for size!

You could link it to Pardew.

• Magpie Myles

Sep 30, 2014 at 9:16 AM

Proceed – Visual Field.

Stop standing around complaining
    Id love to see the boot on the other foot
    Youre treading on thin ice

But you will not sacrifice
    Whatever it is you hold so dear

Lets build a bridge that crumbles under our feet
    Lets dig a virtual tunnel

Youre still standing around complaining
    Well I heard a theory
    That given enough time anything will heal

This might be our last night
    Where we follow blindly
    Well sever the ties
    Build a damn in the river now
    Ill vent what I want to you
    Im indifferent to what you want to hear
    No, we wont squander your time.

• catchy in norway

Sep 30, 2014 at 9:22 AM

mark

its not bad , but a bet you cannot put a fruit pastle in your mouth without chewing it

• catchy in norway

Sep 30, 2014 at 9:25 AM

how about

Help, I need somebody
    Help, not just anybody
    Help, you know I need someone, help

When I was younger (So much younger than) so much younger than today
    (I never needed) I never needed anybody’s help in any way
    (Now) But now these days are gone (These days are gone), I’m not so self assured
    (I know I’ve found) Now I find I’ve changed my mind and opened up the doors

Help me if you can, I’m feeling down
    And I do appreciate you being ’round
    Help me get my feet back on the ground
    Won’t you please, please help me

(Now) And now my life has changed in oh so many ways
    (My independence) My independence seems to vanish in the haze
    (But) But every now (Every now and then) and then I feel so insecure
    (I know that I) I know that I just need you like I’ve never done before

Help me if you can, I’m feeling down
    And I do appreciate you being ’round
    Help me get my feet back on the ground
    Won’t you please, please help me

When I was younger so much younger than today
    I never needed anybody’s help in any way
    (But) But now these days are gone (These days are gone), I’m not so self assured
    (I know I’ve found) Now I find I’ve changed my mind and opened up the doors

Help me if you can, I’m feeling down
    And I do appreciate you being round
    Help me, get my feet back on the ground
    Won’t you please, please help me, help me, help me, ooh

• Markaccus

Sep 30, 2014 at 9:25 AM

Catchy

No one can do that. Not even Pardew.

• anthc

Sep 30, 2014 at 9:26 AM

Rotonda, demos at three clubs? That can’t be right surely because alan said last night hes never been in a situation like this before!
    The blokes a deluded fool as I dont know any fans who’ve had the pleasure of him being their team manager say a good word about him. Come to think of it I cant think of any players who praised him!
    Another defeat at swansea then guess what he’ll still be here. Then tottenham, chelsea liverpool and he’ll still be here. Pains me to say it but if we went down at least ashley would feel some pain with losing a few million.

• catchy in norway

Sep 30, 2014 at 9:29 AM

mark

he does it every interview, just no one knows

• Markaccus

Sep 30, 2014 at 9:31 AM

Catchy

sticking with the beatles

Yesterday, all my troubles seemed so far away
    Now i cant get my team to play, oh i believe in yesterday.

Suddenly, everyone is walking over me,
    We’re not half the team that we should be
    Oh i believe, i’ll be sacked by tea…

its a work in progress

• Rotonda heights

Sep 30, 2014 at 9:31 AM

Anthc

Maybe pards should look at youtube and he’ll see west ham and charlton fans up in arms against him too!!! Modern technology has him banged to rights

Honestly if he says one more time we need to turn it around or we need to address this…..!!!!!

• jimmysmith

Sep 30, 2014 at 9:32 AM

They must be stunned by this, and it does seem to indicate that the ownership and management of Newcastle are a sadly deluded bunch. Pards did say challenge for a Champions league spot, an opinion seemingly undisputed by his staff, and these are the players that Carr and Ashley have given him. Not replacing Mbiwa and Benny with a genuine centre forward and a commanding centre back is also now looking an incredible folly. It’s an amazing mess, in only a few short weeks.

• Rotonda heights

Sep 30, 2014 at 9:32 AM

Fox (silver) on the run

by the sweet!!

• Average_Contents

Sep 30, 2014 at 9:34 AM

Sky sources.

Alan pardews job is safe for the time being and will be in charge for Swansea.

WHAT THE ACTUAL FCUK?

• midweek weekend

Sep 30, 2014 at 9:34 AM

Has anyone got the feeling that he just isn’t getting sacked, honestly only at Newcastle only here you can go on a run this bad and still be in a job, it’s a disgrace we all know deep down he will be in charge at Swansea away a game we also have no chance of winning, he’ll attempt one up top again it doesn’t work Alan!, and after we lose to Swansea he still won’t be sacked the man has 9 lives or 99 joke

• Our Toon

Sep 30, 2014 at 9:34 AM

Obertan? Jeez, did people actually watch the game?

3 excellent positions to cross the ball and picked out no one 3 times. No wonder we don’t score.

• Average_Contents

Sep 30, 2014 at 9:34 AM

I only turned it on in the vain hope he’d of been sacked! Ruined my fcuking day now ffs!

• Average_Contents

Sep 30, 2014 at 9:37 AM

Fatty and the club cannot possibly use the excuse of not making a knee-jerk reaction! It’s been fcuking years of dire results, shocking records and disgusting behaviour from the kunt! That’s not knee-jerk, it’s fcuking disgraceful.

• LeedsMag

Sep 30, 2014 at 9:37 AM

Just heard the same breaking news on Sky – job safe – even if we get mullered by Swansea

• midweek weekend

Sep 30, 2014 at 9:38 AM

AC

If thats true then I’m truly sickened what is the actual point we will get passed off the field against Swansea and lose again no more chances no more excuses a real man would resign allready god I hate this man

• Average_Contents

Sep 30, 2014 at 9:38 AM

Really want to punch thst fat kunt in the throat!

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh!

• mindshaft

Sep 30, 2014 at 9:39 AM

Pard’s is right, he’s never been in a position like this before.
    He’s been left out to dry and suffer in the hope he’ll walk – everyone else sacked him long before 19 points out of 81 or whatever it is

• Average_Contents

Sep 30, 2014 at 9:39 AM

Midweek

It’s on sky sports news mate as breaking news.

• jimiley

Sep 30, 2014 at 9:39 AM

Pardew will never be sacked. He is part of the Mashley continuity programme. Pardew will take us down in bottom place and Big Mike will be as pleased as punch. He has so much money he would gladly lose a couple of hundred million to see us suffer so much. He is worth four THOUSAND million.

• mindshaft

Sep 30, 2014 at 9:41 AM

Ourtoon – did you watch the game, obertan was the only one running at players and getting decent crosses in – none of our players will run into the box as they are sh1t scared of the counter attack and know they have to run / amble back to defend

• jimmysmith

Sep 30, 2014 at 9:41 AM

Ashley does seem to take a collective responsibility though. Didn’t sack him after the headbutt and that shocking second half of last season apparently because they left him short when they couldn’t get a replacement in for Cabaye. Similarly, the season before when the squad was too thin for both Europe and the league and we so nearly went down. May just as easily not sack him now, because he feels the errors made in recruitment in the off season are not Pardews, or not his alone.

It’s far from out of the question that Pardew holds onto the job and they try to fix it again in January.

• Markaccus

Sep 30, 2014 at 9:43 AM

Our toon

To be fair to squiddy, there was no one in a good position to pick out. At least he was trying to get it in there. I voted for dummet. Its all down to the manager anyway. Hopefully it wont be a problem much longer, although i still have that sinking feeling nowt will change

• BuckLuck

Sep 30, 2014 at 9:43 AM

I want that fat fcuk dead.

This club is a joke. Crazy owner, plss poor manager and some very naive fans. Fcuk you all b@stards!

• Our Toon

Sep 30, 2014 at 9:43 AM

Where’s that ITK poster (Hatem) who was talking about Batra brothers? Dont think he’s been on since Hull game

Pardew will never get the sack, those that attend should turn there backs on what is on show. PI$$ POOR.

BTW I found it funny how Pardew bemoaned the lack of creativity or intelligence in the final third to get that goal, maybe if he hadnt of outcasted HBA he wouldn’t need to find a new miracle worker. Cabella is shite as well

• Tartantoon

Sep 30, 2014 at 9:44 AM

What has this man got to do to gwt sacked? Juat been reported on SSN his job is safe wven if we lose to Swansea! Wish I had whatever photi of Ashley he has!

• Tsunki

Sep 30, 2014 at 9:45 AM

Our Toon – I’m no fan of obertan (rhymes!) but in the few minutes he played we actually changed shape completely and some of his runs and touches put the rest of the sorry crew to shame. Colback should have scored, and for a few of the others it was unfortunate that didn’t make it through or our positioning toward was lacking. Tiote was a headless chicken, Dummett flattered to deceive as he was out of position all the time, so obertan mom for me never thought I would say it.

• toonarmydownsouth

Sep 30, 2014 at 9:45 AM

@SkySportsNewsHQ: We understand Alan Pardew’s job as #NUFC manager safe for the time being and will be in charge for game against Swansea on Saturday #SSNHQ

Sweet Jesus what has he got to do to get the boot?
    Wtf

• midweek weekend

Sep 30, 2014 at 9:45 AM

AC

Just saw mate to say I’m gutted is an understatement another dark day

• Tsunki

Sep 30, 2014 at 9:47 AM

Agree Cabella was totally absent.

• LeedsMag

Sep 30, 2014 at 9:47 AM

Looks like he’s here to stay and they will try for one or two panic buys in Jan – too late by then we will be adrift

• Our Toon

Sep 30, 2014 at 9:52 AM

Mindshaft

Yes he attacked the fullback and got crosses in but what did he actually create, I’ve looked back at the 3 situations and twice Cisse pulls off the defender to go just behind the penalty spot….in acres of space, Obertan fires in a low cross to the keeper on both occasions, he never picks his head up to look to find someone, just puts it into an area.

Attacking the fullback is great but not picking someone out is criminal, when Colback had has gilt edged chance that he missed that was also a poor cross and Colback got lucky it hit him off there defender. End product is key not hopeful crosses into an area without looking up to see who’s available.

Dummett and Tiote were outstanding for what they did yesterday, without them 2 it could have been a lot worse. I happy to eat humble pie over Dummett, I have probably criticised him more than most on here but yesterday he was excellent, as was Tiote. Both played well over 90 mins, not a 15min cameo in which we didnt test the keeper. Sorry for the rant but ask anyone in world football and they will tell you its not good attacking a fullback and crossing when you pick out the CB or keeper!!

• ROSHAN MAGPIE

Sep 30, 2014 at 9:54 AM

Wtf I’m done here I want NEWCASTLE to get relegated now let ashley leave the club with pardew otherwise both of them won’t leave this club and our club will be dead for the long time

• ilovetoon8788

Sep 30, 2014 at 9:54 AM

Delighted that pardew is given a chance at Swansea. He’s not leaving us any time soon. Sooner the fans accept that the better.

Get behind pardew and the team. It’s not his fault the players are shi*

• Graeme

Sep 30, 2014 at 9:55 AM

Maybe January will see the arrival of a proper CB after 3 years waiting for him. A goal scoring Striker may be a wish too far though!!!

1 2 3 5