Can Newcastle Get First Win At Swansea?

Newcastle have gone six league games without a win so far this season, but we have to get our first win sometime – that’s true isn’t it? 😀

papiss cisse hull

Papiss Cisse – could start on Saturday in south Wales

And maybe we can do that in south Wales against Swansea, and two years ago we won 2-0 there with two good goals from Papiss Cisse, and the Senegal striker could even be starting on Saturday for us, for the first time this season.

Let’s know how you think we’ll do on Saturday.

How Will Newcastle Fare At Swansea?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

You can follow us on our three social media sites below:

• 70TWO

—————————bony

Possibly:
    – bring Sammy on for Cisse and move Rivi into the middle
    – bring Abeid on for Tiote or Sissoko

• 70TWO

Oct 1, 2014 at 4:03 PM

Obertan was hardly a shining light at Stoke, but did add a glimer of hope to an otherwise bleak team performance. He deserves a start at Swansea as their backs are worth having a go at and he did seem to produce more than Cabella. We should go 433 and man mark them but I am worried AP will go 5 at the back despite him saying he learned a lesson there last season.

• BeeGuy

Oct 1, 2014 at 4:18 PM

Its time to get Abeid and Haidara on the pitch, even at the expense of AP’s favorite English boys.

• Rotonda heights

Oct 1, 2014 at 4:22 PM

by the law of averages I think we could win, mind you I say that every match!!

I think as a short term thing I wouldn’t mind Beardo as manager (nearly said player!)

• Rotonda heights

Oct 1, 2014 at 4:23 PM

70TWO

Apparently he’s always learning lessons, but I see zero evidence of this.

• catchy in norway

Oct 1, 2014 at 4:24 PM

ED

your head line should be

CAN NEWCASTLE FLUKE THERE FIRST WIN AGAINST SEANSEA

• Tsunki

Oct 1, 2014 at 4:28 PM

Simply put Swansea are the polar opposite of this club. United, confident and enjoying playing against any opposition and likely to get a win against anyone on their day.

• 70TWO

Oct 1, 2014 at 4:28 PM

Or,

CAN NEWCASTLE GET DOWN THE WINGS OF SWANSEA?

• 70TWO

Oct 1, 2014 at 4:32 PM

Swansea W3 D1 L2
    A 50/50 chance of an opposition winning, 100% NUFC will probably lose.

• catchy in norway

Oct 1, 2014 at 4:32 PM

rotonda

I’m getting bored with this now , it’s no longer a fight worth fighting .

it would appear that nearly 90% of the fans have turned against him , every poll I read backs that up, but it’s now down to match day goers to actually take action and DO something during the 90 minutes of football , nothing is changing,

this stupid rule where they feel they have to back the team is what is killing us.

this is why they are just mindless sheep

• mag92

Oct 1, 2014 at 4:33 PM

Pardew and Ashley must have decided to break every losing record set by Nufc!

• JP...from The Rock

Oct 1, 2014 at 4:34 PM

I bet my left nut that we will play with one upfront AGAIN!!

• catchy in norway

Oct 1, 2014 at 4:36 PM

3rd best home form vs 2nd worst away form

team full of confidence and ideas

vs

a team devoid of confidence and ideas

hmmmm now let me think about it

• mag92

Oct 1, 2014 at 4:38 PM

Sounds like a certain away win!

• Ethiotoon

Oct 1, 2014 at 4:39 PM

Swansea have one or two good players,Shelvey and Williams,I don’t rate others. If we score first, we can control the game and win it.

krul
    janmaat-william-coloccini-Dumm/Haida
    Tiote-colback
    sissoko-cabella-obertan
    cisse

• MonkseatonMag

Oct 1, 2014 at 4:40 PM

• Slank

Oct 1, 2014 at 4:42 PM

If we are losing games with a 4-2-3-1 formation then we might as well go full out to win with an attacking formation of 4-4-2. My team:

Krul
    Janmaat – Saylor – Colo – Haidara
    Obertan – Tiote – Colback – Ameobi
    Cisse – Armstrong

We need to get down the wings and get behind their defence. If Aarons is available I would bring him on in the second half. And there is no use getting down the wings if there isn’t forwards in the box. Armstrong deserves a start. I have picked Saylor as he is more aggressive than Willo.

• stan anderson

Oct 1, 2014 at 4:44 PM

I read people,s reasoning for not acting against Ashley by boycotting a game or 2 and feel so sad for them.
    Would they sooner go and watch the dross churned out by this bunch than try and do something to change it.
    My heart bleeds for you all,you bought your ticket hopefully to be entertained and to try and win something at the end of it.
    But no you are prepared to watch this garbage because toy paid for your ticket.Its like eating a crap meal because you paid for it .
    Give me strength,i would sooner watch paint dry as watch this lot even if it was for free.
    We get what we deserve lads.SHAT UPON.

• catchy in norway

Oct 1, 2014 at 4:53 PM

stan. there is more entertainment standing on the banks of the Tyne watching the water flow to the sea.

they could take a day and watch that

• damma99

Oct 1, 2014 at 4:55 PM

I have supported Newcastle for over thirty years through good and bad. This time has to be the most depressing time ever to be a fan. I am at the point now where I don’t even care any more.

• Ethiotoon

Oct 1, 2014 at 5:00 PM

slank…I agree on Aarons.Can’t wait to see him and santon playing for us.They really can make difference in our attacking play.We have to score 1st
    If we conceed first again,we could be in trouble. If we look at our stats under pard, when we scored first,we won usually.so personally,scoring first will be the key point for us on Saturday!!

• Clematis

Oct 1, 2014 at 5:01 PM

Whatever happens, Ashley won’t sack Pardew. He is not surrounded by football men; Pardew was recruited in a casino. We will play 4-2-3-1 and will lose, unless someone scores a worldy out of nothing. The same players, and that includes Gouf and Rivi, will start regardless of what’s been said. I’m not a troll and I’m no WUM. In fact, I hope I’m proven completely wrong and we blow Swansea et al out of the water.

• bladeuser

Oct 1, 2014 at 5:03 PM

Or can newcastle beat darlington.
    i,m not sure, the club is a pathetic joke who are feted never to win any major honour relegation is a distinct possibility even at this early stage and the reason is not just ashley pardew or the fans people are losing sight of the fact the players are just not good enough cabella is a poor mans cabaye riverie is on a par with shola janmatt is not as good as debuchy siem dj looks like a sick note and the players we already had are championship class at best as we look like proving next season being in it

• jimBOB

Oct 1, 2014 at 5:04 PM

I really cant understand why this man will not play two lads up front. this formation has never worked, it feels like he sits them down before the game to say ‘ this is the team lads, just go out and do your best’, he shows zero tactical prowess from the side lines and he looks more deflated than Phil Mitchell every time the camera pans to him. why not give Armstrong or Ayoze a chance alongside Manu or Cisse? cant be any worse than watching one man struggle every sodding game.

• Offkey

Oct 1, 2014 at 5:05 PM

Can pigs fly?

• stan anderson

Oct 1, 2014 at 5:08 PM

It is indeed very depressing for all of us fans.
    I just think its a change of lifestyle overall.
    People are gullable to being ripped off nowadays.
    But we always have been shafted by the owners and directors off NUFC.
    Think Sir John had ambition to win trophies and maybe Fat Freddy also,but they took the money from Ashley and the rest is history aint it painful.
    I realise we were in a bad place financially,but it added to the drama.
    I seriously do not give a damn if we are to be relegated.
    They have robbed me of my 1st love.Barstewards.

• jimBOB

Oct 1, 2014 at 5:08 PM

I would play – (although it will never happen)

Krul

Janmatt Taylor Williamson Dummett

Obertan Abeid Colback Aarons

Armstrong Cisse

• Rotonda heights

Oct 1, 2014 at 5:08 PM

I don’t think pardew is quite right. I know JFK has suspected vascular dementia but i think Pardew must be on the spectrum. To endlessly repeat the same thing hoping for a different outcome hints at some sort of condition.

• Rotonda heights

Oct 1, 2014 at 5:13 PM

stan

echo all those thoughts completely, have never felt so devoid of any light at the end of the tunnel. Me and catchy have taken dog’s abuse for outing the charlatan a long long time ago

• Go toon gooooo

Oct 1, 2014 at 5:14 PM

Yes.Newcastle can win against Swansea.If Obertan plays,if Cabella plays,if Dummet,Williamson,Sissoko are on the bench.That is the key for win.

• GeordieTwo

Oct 1, 2014 at 5:19 PM

The time for me to mock our beloved owner and his minions is over. Ashley is useless. We won’t ever have a decent club under him. That much should be obvious to everyone by now. Pardew is hopelessly over his head. We won’t win 8 games this season if he stays on. I can see a 30 point total at best. The best we can hope for is Ashley gets us relegated and sells up like the pathetic, greedy loser his is. Then we rebuild the club if we get a decent new owner with actual football ambition. We are much weaker than I thought going into the season but it is obvious now. Willo and Colo have had it. Riviere isn’t good enough. Cabella isn’t good enough. Tiote wants to leave (I don’t blame him at all). Enough said for now.

• optimistic prime

Oct 1, 2014 at 5:23 PM

It’s been a great week to be a toon fan.
    Outplayed by Stoke our most influential player wants to leave our manager is a waste of air and the owner thinks it’s all a joke.

We’ll get nowt at Swansea and nowt in the near future, well fluke a win in time it’s the law of averages but I won’t hold me breath..

• GeordieTwo

Oct 1, 2014 at 5:32 PM

Extremely weak squad now. Unbelievably poor when one of our better players against Stoke is Obertan. Some of the others wouldn’t make it in the Championship. Gouffran has lost all confidence. Remember when he first joined us and played well on the left? His work rate was brilliant and he covered his fullback. Now he looks terrible. A complete shambles everywhere I look. The offense in the final third is non-existent. Cabella is far too weak to have an impact. Some of our best players (De Jong and Aarons if he keeps improving) are injured. We have no bench whatsoever. And people are asked if we can beat Swansea away? Give it a rest Ed.

• Rotonda heights

Oct 1, 2014 at 5:33 PM

So all the players back pardew. it’s funny how the ones who didn’t were shown the door very quickly.

Ba, Colo, Ben Arfa, Cabaye, Debuchy, MYM have all at one time or another either openly criticised Pardew’s tactics or wanted to leave. Now add Tiote to the mix.

But the second rate grafters like Willo think AP’s great. Funny that, when a classy quick CB played a blinder for Roma last night.

• Rotonda heights

Oct 1, 2014 at 5:35 PM

G2

Wouldn’t mind having HBA and MYM right about no. Oh wait………

• GeordieTwo

Oct 1, 2014 at 5:36 PM

It’s hilarious when I hear we are interested in signing Carroll in January. One of the most injury prone players in Prem League (or any other league for that matter) history. His ankles are made of glass. But I imagine he is very cheap so Ashley perks up his ears. Brilliant thought. We definitely need another injury prone player Mike.

• GeordieTwo

Oct 1, 2014 at 5:38 PM

Spot on Rotonda. Ashley isn’t bright enough to put a coat on or come in out of the rain. He should have looked up, opened his mouth and drowned at the Stoke game. We can only hope.

• GeordieTwo

Oct 1, 2014 at 5:41 PM

How little Ashley knows about football. It wouldn’t fill a thimble. He probably still thinks we have a decent squad. He probably still listens to Pardew’s bollocks now and then. He has destroyed every decent side we’ve had since he arrived. Selling key players as soon as they became confident and valuable on the open market. It’s just pointless pointing out how bad he is as an owner yet again. Everyone knows the story by now.

• Average_Contents

Oct 1, 2014 at 5:44 PM

Anyone else notice the wums written speech is suddenly up to scratch? It used to be incoherent babble but now it’s clear!

I think Tuff called it correctly lol.

• mag92

Oct 1, 2014 at 5:46 PM

Pardews a complete idiot he sends two top players out on loan from a squad already devoid of experience and stands in the Stoke monsoon asking why me, the burk!