Alan Pardew Now Worried For His Family

Alan Pardew talked about the Swansea game in his 17 minute press conference today, and his main message was that to reduce the pressure on him and the players the team has to win – that’s basically the situation at the moment, and that was his main message today.

alan pardew white shirt

Alan Pardew – we have to win

Alan Pardew is thick-skinned and he’s a mentally tough man, but he did admit today that he is getting just a little worried about his family and friends, as the pressure mounts on the Londoner.

This is some of what Alan said today:

“I don’t ignore the criticism; it does penetrate me – of course it does – but I’m resilient to it and I want to prove people wrong.”

“The effect on my family and friends worries me a little bit though. It’s a difficult scenario, particularly for family. It’s not nice for them – but that makes me even more determined.”

“At the moment we’re fighting the opposition, the press, opposition fans and even some of our own fans,” “It’s a lot for the players to deal with but we’re becoming battle-hardened.”

“We have to deal with this pressure. On a personal level I have to keep fighting until there’s nothing left to give – and at the moment, I’ve plenty of fight left in me.”

“I spoke to Mike and the chief executive Lee Charnley this week and the message is: ‘How much can we support you,’”

“I wouldn’t expect any different, even if they were thinking different privately. They’ve been very solid and I appreciate that. The truth’s getting lost in the wash a little bit; people think that I’m here out of arrogance or that Mike’s being stubborn about it to annoy people, but we’re not.”

“I’m very fortunate to have an owner that can see we’re fighting for the club and of course I’m thankful for his backing. But the fans are angry, there’s nowhere to hide and we must get a win at some point because no manager is immune from not winning. I can’t go on not winning.”

“We’ve bought players we think have good market value and that means mainly younger players,” said Newcastle’s manager. “Since coming here I’ve had to deal with younger players and some have been massively successful and some haven’t. At the moment we’re not having as much success [with the policy] as we’ve had in the past.”

It was a good press conference in that the manager seemed very straight and to the point, and he said the players were trying their very best and they were getting battle-hardened.

But if Pardew cannot turn this around in the next game or two, there’s just no way that Mike Ashley will wait too much longer before bringing in another manager.

We hope we can get a win on Saturday.

You can follow us on our three social media sites below:

• mecannylad

Oct 2, 2014 at 11:40 PM

Where abouts does Alan Pardew live in the North East ?
    Where is his local petrol station etc etc. ?
    Where does he shop, eat …. etc, etc.?
    Some of us might like to bump into him for a chat ?
    Don’t worry Alan old son …. only a quiet chat …. honest.

• firebug666

Oct 2, 2014 at 11:45 PM

Battle Hardened? C’mon let’s be honest about this. The players do not look Battle Hardened, shell shocked might be closer to the truth.

• firebug666

Oct 2, 2014 at 11:45 PM

Repost

mecannylad

If only eh! We could just move him out while he’s having a nap at training.

• firebug666

Oct 2, 2014 at 11:54 PM

But at least they have good market value eh! Ashley may as well sell them for a profit because we have more chance of Buddy Holly turning up at the Newcastle Arena looking slightly dazed but giving a performance than we have of getting a performance out of this lot.

• Laurent Robert 32

Oct 3, 2014 at 12:03 AM

“The effect on my family and friends worries me a little bit though. ”

Best off putting them first and leave then, prat.

• Thump

Oct 3, 2014 at 12:14 AM

…so walk.

• jimmysmith

Oct 3, 2014 at 12:28 AM

We are 5 points out of comfortable mid table and 7 points out of sixth with over 30 games to go, with a new and young and inexperienced team, and Pardew has 5 and a half years left on a contract and knows the job inside out.

I don’t think he’s on the verge of the sack. I think if we are bottom 5 at Christmas Ashley might feel he has to replace him and even then with reluctance.

The crowd may force his hand earlier of course, or Pards may be induced to go if they can agree a compensation package, but a Pardew failure is an Ashley one after all. That would appear abundantly clear.

I don’t think the owner is eager to blame the manager.

• jamesnufc86

Oct 3, 2014 at 12:29 AM

If Pardew persists with the same line up and same tactics as our previous games then he has only himself to blame for these problems he’s having. I do think it’s a mad world at times when his family are targeted, that is unjust. Start Obertan, drop Goofy, start Hiadiara, drop Dummet, start Armstrong drop Rivière, and finally drop Williamson and start anyone, I don’t care anyone, Streete

• spitfire_

Oct 3, 2014 at 12:34 AM

Hahahahahahahaha… what a bollocks!

“How much can we support you”

How exactly at this point they can help? By 1 mill per person for a win? Don’t make me laugh.

• willowdalerez

Oct 3, 2014 at 12:38 AM

predicted (wrongly) attacking 4-4-2 as Pards had to shake things up before win or be fired game (because I thought, wrongly, MA meant what he said to that reporter).

How bad must it get before Pards gets the sack?

What will it take for Pards to realize 4-3-2-1 isn’t working with the lads we have (Rivi just doesn’t seem up to lone striker in EPL) and that we have no more time for him to tinker with it?

• jimmysmith

Oct 3, 2014 at 12:44 AM

I think he will persevere with Cabella and Rivierre for the time being, because these are the young players the club have high hopes for in a financial sense and do need time to settle.

Gouffran looks ordinary as does Dummett, and that’s where changes are most likely to occur over the next few weeks, with Cisse starting, hopefully this Saturday.

I think they’ll have reassessed the squad and be thinking they are light and inexperienced, but the quality is there to climb into mid table by January, when they’ll buy if they need to, but within the existing framework and with reasonable money in the kitty.

But again, all of this shows the shortcomings in the Ashley model, which at this stage is looking devoid of delivering remotely anything like a side that could sustain a top six challenge.

• jamesnufc86

Oct 3, 2014 at 12:54 AM

it’s the majority of our team that are under-performing. Tiote has battled well, Obertan looks to have beefed up a lot, and I keep telling myself Rolando Aaron’s is our saviour ! A bloody kid, that’s where my hopes are right now.

• rowly

Oct 3, 2014 at 1:06 AM

No good that meccanny we are better than that

• lesh

Oct 3, 2014 at 1:40 AM

What surprise it’s taken Pardew so long to go for the sympathy (family) card.

If he was so worried he could always come to some arrangement with Ashley – he (Pardew) threatens to write a book or tickle the press with an offer to blow the whole gaff on Ashley’s shennanigans or have his greasy paw filled with £10m or so in cash – for starters!

Easy least and everyone’s happy…. well nearly everyone.b

• dazza

Oct 3, 2014 at 1:44 AM

@meccanny pretty despicable attitude…somehow punching out a frail looking old man will create a winning team? or attract an up and coming manager?

@11jimmysmith talking sense.

• Rake

Oct 3, 2014 at 12:48 PM

Personally I think that Pardew believed De Jong would be the answer to all our creative prayers. It’s his experience that I’m sure Pardew was most excited about.

It’s been abysmal watching this team this year I just want to see change and fast.